Author's Chapter Notes:
Afua Cooper wrote the poem in the beginning of this chapter. The poem is titled “Untitled 2”.

Carole Hill Faulkner wrote the second poem used in this chapter. Some words were added and deleted to suite the characters.
When flesh and flesh meet
Nothing can stop their union
When heart and heart meet
Nothing can stop the passion
When soul and soul kiss
Who can stop the love?


When Elizabeth woke, she wanted to wake up to William's soft lip kisses and begging erection but he wasn't there. Last night her nervousness and delayed reaction made sure of that. Even sleep wasn't a friend to her as she tossed and turned, wanting to reach out to him. Unfortunately, her blonde lover had made it clear he didn't want to talk to her while he slept with his back to her all night. Elizabeth hurt William and saying sorry wasn't going to fix it. She owed him more than that but the words had died in her throat. She never had a problem talking to him before, so why now? It was the key that damn key. The shiny silver metal lying in small box had signified he wanted more. Elizabeth was scared and unsure she could give William what he wanted.

Her eyes wondered around the room and focused on his bedside drawer. Last night he told her he was going to bed but when she walked into the bedroom, he was writing like a man possessed. Letting her curiosity get the better of her, Elizabeth opened the drawer and pulled out his leather journal. She opened it to the last few written pages and began to read a poem titled "I Long".


I long for whispers in the morning
about the splendor we shared
I long to tell you how I am yours
to hear how you are mine
I need to look into your eyes
so I can watch you looking back

I long for the remembering of the time
we first made love and we were still
and I was happy to be inside you
and in that moment it was enough
that connection made as we laid still
It was my heart
that pumped and pumped and pumped

I long to hear your voice in my ear
the silent speeches from your eyes
the fullness of your mouth
when holding back a torrent of things
I know you want to say "This is deep"
Baby its very grand!

I long to share my emotions with you
although spontaneous
once placed, they're unchanging
no matter what

and if I move on in life
you will always be with me
not like a ball to a chain
but like an arm to a hand
this is getting serious
doesn't look like it's going away

I long to have a life that allows my love
for you to be protected
and always to express myself
to slide my voice into your heart

I long for you to lick me with your tongue
for you to take me and never let me go inside your heaven
so that I can feel your want

I long to have your arms wrapped around me
and to watch your shadows as the sun moves
from east to west
to the night of the moon
and airy breath of the stars
my sight of them could never be impaired
by clouds
for I shall always see through them
I am invincible
and so to my love
is my affinity to life

and it's now inclusive of you
and I share with you
that I long I long
I long...


Elizabeth covered her mouth with her hand. William's beautiful words had reached inside her chest and touched her heart. She wasn't surprised by her blonde lover's words as she stared into space, seeing their entire relationship flash before her eyes. It had evolved into something much more than passionate sex. They had been together for several months now and in their stolen hours away including since Rupert's been gone, she and William had become lovers, friends and soul mates. When she was apart from him, he lingered in her thoughts like smoke in a man's pipe and when they were together, her SPIRIT was right. Every kiss, every touch, every look he gave her and just everything about him was a constant reminder she was with the wrong British man.


In the last two years, she and Rupert had forgotten the reasons why they married each other. There was no more room for them to grow. Rupert was who he was ever going to be while she stopped being who she really was. Although she was grateful for all the things she shared and learned from being with Rupert, she had to face the facts that she had lost interest in those things a long time ago. Elizabeth couldn't remember the last time she visited a museum, went to the opera or picked up a book but she could remember every single thing she and William had ever talked about and how in their stolen hours away, he made her feel like she mattered. He wanted her for her and didn't care if she knew the name of the Indian tribe that put a curse on the ancestors of the men who stole their land or that Charles Dickens was one of the greatest English novelists of all time.

Elizabeth was tired of having to be so damn serious all the time, tired of watching her manners, and speaking when she only had something interesting to say. She preferred lazy days in bed making love, watching old 80's and 90's chick flick classics and having conversations about nothing but discussing them as if they were important. She had that with William and wasn't going to let some stupid key come between them. She relaxed into the pillows and read the poem again, each word made her belly do flip flops as she smiled after reading the line about when they first made love. She closed her eyes, remembering the passion-filled encounter but the memory was short-lived when she heard William open and close the front door. She rushed to place the journal back into the drawer then positioned herself on her side, pretending to be asleep.

*~~~*

William walked towards the bedroom but stopped in the doorway. Elizabeth was still asleep. He watched her a few more seconds before coming into the room. He sat on the bed then lightly ran his hand across her face. He was no longer upset with her. The walk he had taken helped clear his head and helped him come to a decision he didn't want to make but knew it was for the best. He was going to end his relationship with Elizabeth. Things were getting deeper at least for him he discovered. He wanted more but her reaction last night told him she wasn't in the same place as he. If he didn't break things off with her now, it would just make it harder for him to get over her. He loved Elizabeth but she didn't feel the same way and he didn't want to be love's bitch.

William decided to let Elizabeth sleep. He didn't get much last night. He wanted nothing more than to get under the covers with her and hold her in his arms one last time but knowing if he did, he would lose the courage to tell her it was over. He looked at the bedside clock and that's when he noticed the table drawer wasn't completely closed. When he retrieved the leather binder this morning to finish what he had written last night and placed it back, he made sure the drawer was closed.

*~~~*

Elizabeth's heart was racing. William was so close to her and she wanted nothing more than to pull him to her and make everything all right between them again but she wasn't sure she should. She didn't know if William was still upset with her. She didn't want him to reject her like she rejected him last night. She was such a fool. She opened one eye to get a glimpse at his handsome face then closed it quickly when he turned to look at her.

William turned to look at Elizabeth, catching her looking at him. She wasn't asleep and she had read his journal. He shrugged. He didn't care. He was going to share what he had written with her, one day. Now she knew how he felt despite him telling her he loved her the day they argued over Cecily and her husband. He leaned over and whispered her name. When Elizabeth opened her eyes, he had said good morning and placed the journal on her lap. Not one to beat around the bush, William asked her what did she think. Elizabeth, knowing the jig was up, told him she thought it was one of the most beautiful things he had ever written, adding she felt the same way. His eyes watered as he tilted he head to side, staring into her eyes. If what he saw in the green depths were true, then what he was going to ask her should be the answer he was hoping for. William asked Elizabeth if she loved him. When she hesitated, his chest tightened and all he could hear was the sound of his heart pumping in his ears, waiting to be broken. He turned away but Elizabeth grabbed his hand and with her other hand, she grabbed his chin. Elizabeth told William she loved him. He shivered.

They stared into each other eyes, each seeing the love with their passion bleeding through. Elizabeth told William to take off his shirt. He did while she looked at his well-defined chest before telling him to remove his pants. She smiled as he stood to honor her request and sat back on the bed. No matter how many times Elizabeth had seen William naked; she was still awed by the sight of such male perfection. She wanted to touch him but restrained herself. She pushed back the covers and climbed out of bed to stand in front of him. William looked up at her.

*~~~*

Elizabeth placed her hands on the sides of his face. Lowering her head, she kissed his brow, his eyelids, the bridge and then the tip of his nose. She kissed his lips, his chin, and his jaw line. Looking down, she couldn't wait to kiss the rest of him as she watched his cock come to life before her eyes. Slowly, she lowered her body while she kissed his neck, shoulders and chest. When she was down on her knees, she wedged her body between his legs then placed her hand on his stomach and told him to lie back. Her lips and tongue dipped into his naval then explored the hard creases in his left and right set of abs while the smooth tip of his erection brushed her chin. Further down south, she kissed the head of his maleness resting there then snaked her tongue down the length to his sac. The tip of her tongue caressed the sensitive flesh, teasing it to produce the clear sticky excitement that oozed from the slit. Every few seconds she would trial hot wet kisses back up the length to lick it away before returning to his sac while her hands rubbed the insides of his thighs.

Elizabeth looked up to see William's handsome face change expressions while she used her hot breath to stimulate the flexing muscle before taking him into her mouth. She savored the taste of him, feeling the tiny pulse against the roof of her mouth. Her hands gathered on his cock to caress, squeeze, push and pull him deeper in rhythm with her suction. His cock was smooth over her tongue as she traveled to the underside with the tip of her tongue then with the edge of her teeth. Over and over again she took him in, gaining momentum until she his clouded excitement filled her mouth. She swallowed and kept him there as the pulse inside his cock became faint and he softened.

*~~~*

William let out a sharp hiss and his eyes rolled shut. His hips jerked upward and his mouth opened involuntarily. Elizabeth's mouth was as sweet as her quim, wet and inviting. He moaned his pleasure as she took him in deeper while her hot urgent tongue left wet trails on his entire length. Each time his hardness united with her warm oral kiss he desperately wanted to come and come he did while his hands rested on top of her head as he ejaculated into her mouth, saying her name with a slow sigh.

He pulled her on top of him and lifted one of her blonde locks and stretched it across his chest. He kissed the top of her head, feeling a ray of hope. There was a chance he and Elizabeth could be together. She loved him and he wasn't going to push her into leaving her husband, yet. Loving him was enough and it was only matter of time until she realized that happily ever after was with him.