Author's Chapter Notes:
I know its been a while since I updated so I hope this chapter was worth waiting for.
We are immersed in our love and ourselves
A pleasurable drowning in love's deep waters
Drenched in passion's liquid heat
Soaked in each other's emotions


Elizabeth doubled checked her suitcase, purse, and briefcase to make sure she had everything for work and her weekend with William. She was excited and looked forward to the change in scenery, hoping it would help get her mind off of what she and Rupert discussed last night. He called to inform her he would be returning late Sunday night and she wasn't thrilled about it. She wanted to end the call quickly like all the others, but Rupert didn't catch the hint. He began telling her how much he enjoyed his stay in California and the things he accomplished. She didn't want to know about it, preferring he filled her in when he got back.

Judging by the excited way he rambled on, Elizabeth hoped he would extend his trip, so much for hoping. Quickly bored with the conversation, the urge to tune him out had taken over. He did all the talking while she looked through a fashion magazine to catch up on the latest trends but when he informed her the company who sought his expertise offered him a job he got her attention and to make matters worse, Rupert considered taking the job. Elizabeth made it clear to him she wasn't moving back to California but he ignored her and discussed how much the offer would benefit his career. Elizabeth was angry. She wanted to hang up on him but if she did, he would have an excuse to tell her she was acting like a child. She hated when he said things like that to her.

Elizabeth stared off into space, thinking how her life would be without William. The thoughts twisted her heart and she couldn't take it anymore. She abruptly ended the conversation with Rupert and hung up without waiting for him to say good-bye. She took a deep breath and called William but not to discuss what she and Rupert talked about. She wanted to be comforted by the sound of his voice and to hear the soft caress of his breath in her ear.

Without letting on something was bothering her, Elizabeth tried to sound upbeat but right way he knew something was wrong. William asked if she wanted to talk about it but she said 'no'. He didn't push her but he succeeded in cheering her up, when he suggested they go away for their last weekend together. He told her he would make all of the arrangements and the only thing she needed to do was plan to leave work early on Friday and meet him at the coffee house during lunch hour.

*~~~*

William sat back in his office chair and remembered the conversation he had with Elizabeth Thursday night. He wasn't expecting her to call since he had spoken with her earlier that night. She started off excited as if she didn't speak to him two hours before, alerting him that something was wrong. He was hesitant to ask if her mood had anything to do with her husband, so he didn't mention him. William sighed. He never understood why he and Elizabeth could talk about everything imaginable, except her relationship with her husband.

William knew he was an older, British, and distinguished looking. If he didn't know Elizabeth and saw those two walking down the street, William would have thought Rupert was her father. Then it occurred to him, maybe that was the reason why she married him. Her own dad abandoned Elizabeth and her mother when she was eight, and he rarely spent any time with her as she got older.

Despite Elizabeth telling him in the coffee house she was happily married, William wasn't convinced. A happily married woman didn't cheat on her husband, leading him to speculate all she wanted from him was sex, so naturally he assumed old Ruppie wasn't putting it to her on a regular basis or making her see stars. Elizabeth was in her prime and a woman in her prime needed to be satisfied as often as possible.

One day he let his curiosity get the better of him and decided to Goggle her husband. William found out what Rupert did for a living and was quite impressed. The man appeared to be a brilliant sought after archeologist and right away, William speculated a man in his field didn't have time for anything, except his work. What was hard for William to fathom was how could her husband not want to give his undivided attention to such a beautiful, lively, and passionate woman.

William vowed he would try to give Elizabeth all the things she needed and quickly discovered it came naturally. They were perfect together and he wanted their last weekend to be special because she was special. He made plans for them to stay at the bed and breakfast and managed to get the same cottage where they first made love. They both arranged to leave work early and meet at the coffee house and rather than take the train, William rented a car. Feeling anxious, he glanced at his watch. In less than two hours, they would be on their way.

*~~~*

Elizabeth snuggled against William. They rode in comfortable silence and twenty minutes into the drive, snow flurries began to fall. When they arrived, the area looked like a winter wonderland. Elizabeth stepped out of the car and inhaled the cool, crisp fresh air. Although it was only her second visit, she was falling in love with the place all over again. The smile of her face broadened. Elizabeth loved upstate New York and the peace and tranquility the area provided. It was a means of escape from the fast-paced city life.

A few times she discussed with Rupert moving there but he claimed the commute would be too much for him. Elizabeth thought his reason was nonsense but she knew pushing the issue was a waste of time. Rupert would have put up a brick wall and not wanting to run into it, she never mentioned moving there again.

Suddenly, thoughts of his return invaded her mind but they vanished when she felt the warmth from William's embrace. His strong arms wrapped around her like a blanket, soothing her. Elizabeth turned around to face him, placing her arms around his neck, while her fingers played with the hair at the nape. She thanked him for bringing her there, then kissed him.

William responded passionately to the kiss, deepening it as his mouth opened and closed around hers. He secured his arms tightly around her waist and pulled her closer. His hands moved to caress her back and neck. In a surprising move, he dipped her without breaking contact from her mouth while one of his hands stroked her cheek as her petite frame rested against his arm.

The compulsion to dip Elizabeth came unexpected. He guessed being there triggered his romantic side. The bed and breakfast was their sanctuary and for the next two days and two nights, William wanted to see everything Elizabeth was seeing and feel everything she was feeling. He wanted to get lost in her and erect a barbed wire fence around them, keeping out the rest of the world.

Elizabeth felt a warm tingle around her face and shoulders as her mind drifted in bliss. She didn't anticipate being dipped but William's romantic gesture did leave her weak with wanting. His tongue caressed hers and it was a struggle to tear her mouth away from his but she needed to breath. She looked into his eyes. The look of love she saw in the blue depths made her shiver and smile. Being with him in the place where she defined and hoped to redefine passion and ecstasy, was the only place she wanted to be.

*~~~*

Hand in hand, they approached the white Victorian style house but when it was time to enter, William felt Elizabeth's hand tense around his. He took that as a sign she didn't want to go in. He understood and without saying a word, he escorted her to the wooden swing on the huge wrap around porch. He kissed her on the forehead and told her he wouldn't be long.

William walked into the warm, welcoming house and right away, the friendly owner recognized him. They engaged in small talk while William registered under the names Mr. and Mrs. William Hawthorne for the second time. Out of habit, the owner viewed what he wrote then looked out the huge window at the blonde woman swinging on the porch. William followed his eyes and together, they watched Elizabeth. The old man commented on how beautiful he thought his wife was then winked at William before handing him the key.

The owner informed him lunch was still being served in the main dining area. William nodded his head and before exiting, he noticed a massive wall covered in picture frames of couples. The first time he was there, he never noticed them but time was of the essence on that day. He walked closer to the wall for further inspection then inquired about them. The owner was more than happy to share his wall of lasting love.


Elizabeth knew it was foolish not to go inside. But ever since her run-in with Gwen, she needed to be more discreet. Then she quickly realized even that was foolish since she and William were at least an hour away from the city in an almost isolated area. She rocked back and forth in the swing and scanned the grounds. She counted six small cottages then guessed there were at least five bedrooms inside the huge house. Even if the bed and breakfast was filled to capacity, there weren't a lot of people there. She took in deep breath then let it out. It was okay to let her guard down she thought. Soon, William joined her on the porch and apologized for taking so long. He asked if she was hungry. Elizabeth smirked. It was a stupid question because she was always hungry.

*~~~*

They were sitting at a table with a lovely view of the lake. They were enjoying their meals, eating and feeding each other off their plates. Elizabeth giggled and exchanged playful banter with William. She felt relaxed and happy, allowing herself to take pleasure in everything William. She focused, with interest, on his sensual mouth, longing for his kisses in every size and structure. He acknowledged her with smiles and winks, as if he could clearly see her thoughts as if she had spoken them a loud. She wanted him.

William saw the longing in Elizabeth's eyes. He was happy to be there with her, despite the nagging thoughts of her husband's return. Limits would be placed on their relationship again but that was to be expected. However, this time he could handle it. Her declaration of love would sustain him and maybe, if what the owner said was true, a little help from magic.

He chuckled to himself, remembering the wink the old man gave him. He knew Elizabeth wasn't his wife. Maybe it was the absence of a wedding ring on his finger or perhaps his first visit. William registered as Mr. and Mrs. Hawthorne but only stayed a few hours. In places like this, couples usually stayed overnight. William guessed the old man saw a lot in his business and knew not to poke his nose in others.

He blinked to erase the thoughts and refocused his attention back to Elizabeth. She was staring at him again. He grabbed her hand and brought it to his mouth. William gave each finger a wet kiss with tongue.

Elizabeth sighed and pulled her licked-wet fingers from William's lips. She giggled when he pouted, noticing his bottom lip was glistening with salvia. She sucked on her own bottom lip as if stating she wanted to do the same for him. The thought put a heated blush on her face. She wanted to feel his lips on hers but resisted the urge to lean across the table, but William was making it difficult. The come hither look in his eyes were corrupted with passion, making her blush even more, but Elizabeth remained in her seat for fear of committing a live sex act on the dining room floor.

*~~~*

William held the door open for Elizabeth. She waited until the door closed before giving into the overwhelming need to feel the softness of his lips. The intensity of the soul-stirring kiss made her heart beat rapidly in her chest and her vagina.

When their lips parted, William whispered the words de ja vu. She smiled in acknowledgment and held his hand. Although heading for their cottage seemed likely, William wanted to walk along the man-made trials, leading into the woods. Elizabeth thought it was a good idea. She thought the scenery, with all the light snow about, was breathtaking and wanted to appreciate what Mother Nature created.

When they approached the trails, she released his hand and hooked her arm around his and placed her head on his shoulder. They walked arm and arm through the wintered greenery, taking it all in until the trials ended on the other side of the large white Victorian house.

Elizabeth spotted a beautiful wood carved gazebo. She shared with William her love of gazebos and how, in happier times, her parents had one built for her in the backyard of their home. She shared with him the happy memory of playing with her dolls under it as well as the unhappy memories, sitting under it for hours to avoid listening to her parents argue then she clammed up.

Sensing she needed comfort, William wrapped his arms around her shoulders. Elizabeth placed her head on his chest and they remained like that for several long minutes. Wanting to change the mood, William pulled out a Swiss army knife; he borrowed from the owner, out of his coat pocket. He stood up and grabbed Elizabeth by the hand, leading her back into the woods until he found the perfect tree.

Naturally, she asked him what was he doing but he ignored her to focus on the task of carving their initials into the tree. When he was done, William stepped away, allowing Elizabeth to see the initials WH and ES written in the center of a heart. Though her true initials were EG, she didn't feel the need to correct him and although what he did was possibly fatal to the tree, she thought it was romantic.

*~~~*

On their way back, William decided to tell Elizabeth the reason why he carved their initials into the tree. According to the owner, if the initials of lovers are carved into any of the trees in the woods, the lovers will be together forever. Elizabeth stopped and asked William did he really believe it and he told her it couldn't hurt. Elizabeth stared at him, silent in her thoughts. The only way for them to be together forever meant she had to leave Rupert. Then she wondered if William's romantic gesture was his way of asking her to do it. He stepped closer to her and looked into her eyes. Her breathing began to accelerate. She could see his longing. The same longing she read in his poetry.

Elizabeth's thoughts were so plain that William thought he was invading her privacy by looking at her. She had to know he wanted her to leave Rupert. He moved closer to her and asked her to and without waiting for an answer, he swept her up in his arms and kissed her long and deep, stealing her breath away. William poured every ounce of love he had for her into the kiss. Slowly, parting his lips from hers, he told her he truly wanted an eternity with her then captured her lips into another heated kiss.

Elizabeth was at the mercy of William's kiss. Their lips bonded as if they were made solely for each other. Tears flooded her eyes and crept out of the sides. The moist friction created from the kiss overwhelmed her with emotion. She gasped against his mouth but quickly returned her lips to his. The kiss grew deeper, wetter, and harder.

Elizabeth didn't have to say a word. William already knew she was teetering on the edge to leave Rupert and by asking her to leave him was the nudge she needed. She was going to do it. She wasn't happy despite what she told him in the coffee house. She felt love for Rupert but William's presence in her life made her realize there was a difference in loving somebody and being in love.

Her answer was 'yes' but she needed to tell him that. It was important for William to know where he stood with her. When he tore his mouth away from hers, she was prepared to speak but his whispered words worked on her like a drug. She felt them all throughout her body. She wanted and eternity with him too.

When he kissed her again, she felt his love slicing into her, leaving sweet wounds but she still needed to answer him to make the moment real and for fear it would disappear. She pulled away from him, letting her breath fan his lips. She fixed her eyes on his and told him 'yes' and at that moment, she felt like they exchanged vows and then she kissed him.

William's heart swelled and tears sprang to his eyes. He thought he would explode from happiness. He was fulfilled and the winner of the silent competition he was having with her husband. Rupert had a treasure William wanted to possess and why not, it wasn't like the sod knew her value.

The wetness on his grew wetter but not from more tears. William opened his eyes but kept on kissing her. Snow flurries began to fall again, melting on their heated faces and mixing with their shed tears.

Their mouth-tangling embrace made Elizabeth feel like she was floating but she was quickly brought back down to earth, when William broke their kiss and picked her up to carry her the short distance to their cottage.

She felt a sudden shiver of awareness. All of the small cottages looked alike from the outside but somehow Elizabeth knew the one they were approaching was the exact same one they shared their first passionate encounter. Her eyes sparked with remembered pleasure and she could feel the beating of her heart in her lips, her nipples and between her legs.

William carried her over the threshold then placed her on her feet. He removed both their coats and grabbed her by the waist, flinging them both onto the brass bed. Elizabeth felt like they were going back in time. She turned on her side and surveyed the cozy cottage. Nothing had changed. She ran her hand across the white linen, remembering how amazing they were together, lips touching, breath caressing, bodies perspiring.

William spooned her from the back, propping his head up on one elbow while his other hand rested on her stomach. They were quite. Elizabeth reached for his hand and played with his fingers. Thoughts of missing him entered her mind. He asked her what she was thinking about. She told him she was thinking about him. William removed his hand from hers and grabbed her chin, turning her face to meet his. The position was awkward but he managed to place a sweet kiss on her lips. When their lips parted, she lingered a while longer before turning her head away.

William placed a kiss to the back of her head, enjoying the ever-present fresh scent of exotic flowers trapped in her hair. He encouraged her to talk and finally they discussed Rupert's return, her departure, and what would happen in the next few days. William told her he would give her time to let everything settle and understood if they didn't talk or see each other as often. He figured she would need her space but when she was ready, he would welcome her with open arms.

*~~~*

On the sweat dampened bed, their feasting mouths probed, sucked and devoured in wild joy. William's teasing fingers delved deep followed by even deeper thrusts of his cock. The teasing and thrusting was so intense, it seared Elizabeth's soul as their bodies collided in heat.

The slick wet noise of deep penetration, the taking and releasing of breaths, and the sounds made from head-thrown-back pleasure filled the small cottage. William was drowning in Elizabeth's heat, scent, breath and taste. Their bodies made one by the joining of their sexes.

Elizabeth felt like she was sinking into a world where it was only the two of them, mouth-to-mouth and stomach-to-stomach. She was coming, voicing her ecstasy through exaggerated sounds of the letter M followed by the word 'yes' then the word 'oh' and another 'yes'. It seemed to never end. William acknowledged her pleasure with his own as the muscles in her quim squeezed, licked and tickled him to orgasm.

They remained locked long after William softened inside her and after the sweat dried. They kissed each other softly and whispered how much they loved each other. William laid his head on the small firm pillows of her breasts, quickly losing his battle with sleep.

Elizabeth welcomed the weight of his head then wrapped her small arm around him in a possessive way. A lazy smile, distorted by the call of sleep, formed on her face as she felt HIS heart beating in her chest as if they were one body. A single tear of happiness rolled down her cheek. She had found the perfect mate for her soul.