DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 10: ‘Patroling Together’


A/N: I’m going to go forward with this fic, even though I’ve had a problem with writer’s block. Sometimes, I’m tempted to just end my fics on a happy, perfect Spuffy ending, but then I think, no.

I owe it to the readers to add some angst in the tale, then make everything all right again!?!





“I have got to go out tonight, baby,” Buffy was telling her mate, Spike, the reluctance in her voice was more then obvious. “I have to patrol, for a lot of reasons.”

Spike, aka William the Bloody, frowned, slightly at his mate’s words. “Why the bloody hell to you ‘have’ to do anything for those fucks at the Council?” he asked, his frustration was evident.

They, the couple that is, were lying in bed, naked, as usual, alone in the big house on Revello Drive. For five full days and nights, the duo had done nothing but made love, eat order out food, made love, take showers together, made love, field stupid phone calls from the Scoobies and oh yeah, made love.

“If I go out, well, you and me together, go out and patrol,” Buffy sighed as she snuggled against her ‘man,’ lovingly, “then maybe I can hold Giles and the gang at bay. For a while longer, you know? They are so not going to let this go, baby,” she pouted up at her vampire.

“You know,” Spike leered down at his girl. “When you pout like that, baby, makes me feel all manly and tingly inside. Gonna’ get that pouty little plump bottom lip of yours, sweet.”


Buffy giggled, delighting Spike to no end. He rolled over on top of her, once more, and began to kiss her, endlessly, his greedy mouth was everywhere at once.

“Come on,” Buffy whined, quite unconvincingly, “I’m serious. If you and me go out tonight, make a quick patrol and cover the three SunnyD cemetaries, then how can Giles or anyone stay pissed for too long? Besides,” Buffy pouted again, purposely, “you know you want a spot of violence, don’t you baby?”

Spike grinned down at his mate, with a very convincing evil grin, he hoped anyway. “Yeah,” he purred, running his slim fingers up his woman’s thigh, “a spot of violence is just what I need.”

Buffy chuckled lowly and urged her mate’s hand up into her wet center between her thighs. “Okay,” she purred herself in response, “let’s make with the lovin’ now, we’ll do the violence a little later.”

Later, hand in hand, the Master Vampire and Chosen Slayer, walked through the last cemetary of the night, patrolling together. Spike never felt so ‘alive’ in his entire existence, either as a human or vampire. He couldn’t help but stare at his beautiful woman, his soul mate.

“Thought we might take a trip somewhere,” Spike spoke up, breaking his and Buffy’s comfortable silence. “Maybe head over to England, my homeland and see some sights. What do you say, Princess?” he asked hopefully.

Buffy stopped walking for a moment and seemed to ‘think’ about his proposition. She sighed deeply, then took up her step again, still holding her Spike’s hand.

“I’d love to,” she finally admitted in a soft, girlish voice. “But, I’m not sure the Council, or Giles would approve. Much as I hate it, sweetie,” and here, Buffy stoppped again. She reached up and ran her warm, tiny hand down Spike’s chiseled cheek, “I’m thinking that the Council is not going to allow us to be too contented in our lives together. In fact,” she scowled, her brows were bunched together in thought, “I’m sure that if I leave Sunnydale, with you, of course, that the Council will come after both of us. Like a pack of freaking dogs!”

Spike nodded, signaling his compliance in the matter, but he held his tongue. ‘I’ve no intention of letting anyone ‘come’ after us, baby,’ he assured his Buffy, silently. ‘I will protect you, my love, my mate, until the end of time. And we will leave this fucking dump of a city, soon. Get you away from this prison you’re in, or my name isn’t William ‘the Bloody’ Jameson.

A quick smile appeared on Spike’s face, he felt it and nearly blushed from it. He had not referred to himself as ‘Jameson’ his human last name in over a hundred and twenty years. For some reason, the thought of using that name now, he and Buffy using it, pleased him to no end.

“Not much going on, huh?” Buffy muttered as she looked about the Hollydale Cemetary, quickly. “I guess demons everywhere are on alert. The Slayer is mated to the fiercest, most vicious Master Vampire in history?” Buffy grinned at Spike, noticing his pleased expression at her ‘compliments.’

“Yeah, baby,” Spike gushed, truly flattered by his wife’s words, “the other demon losers know better then to mess with my girl. My Slayer is with me now. Can’t any of them touch you or they’ll feel the wrath of Spike, the Scourge of Europe, the Big Bad of Southern California the…..”

He whipped about and pulled Buffy flush up to his body. Spike knew she could feel his ‘need’ for her down below and he ground into her cunny. The heat of her wet core poured out to him, even beneath her tight jeans she wore.

“Let’s go home,” he moaned into her ear as she reciprocated the grinding motion between his legs.

“Oh yeah,” she giggled, “lets.”

Spike leaned in to kiss his bride, passionately, when suddenly, he felt a sharpe, painful prick in his left thigh. He began to protest, verbally, when everything about him began to fade to black. As he tried to fight the overwhelming dizzyness that encompassed him, Spike saw Buffy’s stunned expression. It was a mix of shock, confusion and fear.

“Buffy,” Spike groaned as he fell backwards, unable to stay awake any longer.

“Spike!” Buffy screamed out, suddenly hit with a sharpe, painful prick in her right thigh.

Before she blacked out and fell completely on the ground, Buffy heard a familiar set of voices behind her and Spike.

“Told you we’d find them here,” Xander Harris crowed smugly.

“I hope we’re doing the right thing,” Buffy heard her beloved Willow say.

“Of course this is right,” Giles stated matter-of-factly, “Buffy’s under some kind of thrall of Spike’s. Has to be. We are merely saving her.”

“Leave that piece of demon shit, Spike, out here,” came Riley’s booming voice, “let the sunrise burn him to toast.”

Buffy felt herself swaying and somehow, she positioned her body over her mate, Spike’s already fallen form. She couldn’t be sure, but after she had stumbled on his apparently still form, Buffy could swear that she heard her Spike whisper, “I love you,” to her. Then, she passed out.


A/N: Short chapter. I wanted to get the story flowing again. This is the angst I alerted readers about earlier. Please read and review. Thanks, Luv, Spuf