Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for reading this fic. Please review.
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 22: ‘Reunited’


Buffy continued to kick the shit out of the now, nearly lifeless form of Ethan Rayne. Finally, Xander, from his position on the floor, close by, cried out, “enough!” to the Slayer.

“You’re the Slayer, Buff,” Xander whined loudly, “you can’t ‘take’ human life. Only demon life and…”

“Kick his ass, baby!” Joyce exclaimed at the top of her lungs. “He put the mojo on your mom and Giles here, last year. Now the son-of-a-bitch tries to come between you and Spike! Kick the shit out of him, honey,” Joyce finished with a self-righteous roar.

After one, final good kick to Rayne’s ribs, Buffy halted her onslaught of the man. “Xander’s right, for once,” Buffy grunted, “I’m the Slayer and I don’t take human life. Doesn’t mean I can’t kick the hell out of this worthless piece of shit though,” she finished with another swift kick to Rayne’s ribs.

Ethan Rayne lay groaning on Giles’ guest bedroom floor. He looked as if he’d had the shit kicked out of him, which, basically? He had.

“Buffy!” Spike roared, victoriously from Giles’ front yard.

“Spike,” Buffy exclaimed joyfully in reply.

“Go,” Joyce pointed out the window and gazed at her daughter, sternly. “Your mate is waiting for you,” the mother smiled benevolently at Buffy.

“Go on, Buffy,” Giles sighed in defeat. Rupert glared down at the semi-conscious Ethan Rayne, who lay at his feet. The old man’s blue eyes were filled with tears of shame.

“You may be bound by Slayer scruples, not to take a human’s life, dear Buffy,” Rupert added, an evil smirk appearing on his fine mouth. “However, I have no such boundaries as that,” he mumbled gruffly. Giles eyed Rayne’s limp form in disgust.

“You can’t be serious!” Xander squealed in shock. “We can’t just let Buffy waltz out of here. Into that evil undead ‘things’ arms and…”

“Put a lid on it Xander,” Willow growled at her best friend. “It’s over!”

“Not if I kill that fuck, Spike!” Xander grumbled, menacingly. “I’ve got a crossbow, right in the other room and when that bleached blond menace enters this house, I’ll…”

“You touch a hair of my mate’s head, Xander Harris?” Buffy hissed as she stalked up to the dark haired man. “I’ll rip your balls off and shove them down your throat!” Buffy growled, a low, throaty sound, like a she-wolf.

“Buffy,” Xander began, in a whimper.

“I mean it Xander,” Buffy continued, gruffly. “My mate and I want to be left alone, completely. From now on. Understood?”

Xander searched his life-long obsession’s green eyes, deeply. He saw the anger, hatred for him and yes, love in their depths. Love for Buffy’s mate in her emerald green eyes.

“I understand,” Xander replied, sadly. “We just wanted to help you Buffy,” he offered, weakly, his heart breaking, silently.

“Go,” Giles pointed at the door of the guest bedroom. “The last thing I want or need is for two pissed off master vampires coming in here and…”

“See ya’ all!” Buffy called as she flung the bedroom window open and hurried out onto the ledge. She had no intention of leaving by some mundane route, such at the door and hallway!


“So,” Angel slapped his grandchild on his leather clad back. “I’m thinking that it’s a pretty sure thing that you and I have carte blanche to enter the Watcher’s house?” The tall, dark vampire grinned wickedly.

“Right,” Spike rasped as he pulled from his grandsire’s hand and headed towards the front door of Giles’ house.

“Spike!” Buffy cried, from all places, the Watcher’s second story window ledge.

Spike gazed up at the most beautiful sight he’d ever witnessed in his whole unlife, or his human life for that matter.

His mate, his Buffy was perched on the window ledge, smiling down at him. Her honey blond hair flew wildly about her lovely face and shoulders.

“Wait there,” Spike ordered his mate, lovingly, “I’ll be right up!”

The blond vampire leapt onto the elm tree that reached up, well over the roof of Giles’ house. He scurried up the trunk and reached the second story window in seconds.

‘Bless vampire speed,’ Spike thought to himself, proudly.

‘Bless vampire speed,’ Buffy thought to herself, so proud of her mate, Spike.

Without a moment’s hesitation, Spike leaned over, from the branch he perched on and swept Buffy into his strong arms.

Spike smothered his Buffy’s face, mouth and neck in a million kisses. Some soft as kittens’ kisses and others passionate and strong, like the man he was.

“Oh, baby,” Spike moaned into Buffy’s sweet mouth. “God, I’ve missed you, needed you. Love you so much, sweetness,” he whimpered.

“Me too,” Buffy sighed against her mate’s chest. “I would have died without you,” she purred, gazing up into her Spike’s indigo blue eyes.

“I would have too. Again,” Spike whispered, just before he took Buffy’s mouth with his, passionately.

“Take me home, baby,” Buffy pleaded softly, as she wrapped her arms, even tighter about her man’s neck.

“Immediately,” Spike murmured in reply, even as he leapt from the tree branch, Buffy securely in his arms.

Spike literally ran, with Buffy in his arms, off in the direction of the Summers' home. Their home, together.

“Well,” Angel sighed, suddenly calm after all of the upheaval. “What do you say, boys?” The dark haired vampire grinned at Gunn and Lindsey, evilly. “Should we go in there? Kick ass and take names?” Angel practically squealed in anticipation of the upcoming battle in the Watcher’s house.

“Oh yeah,” Gunn hissed in pleasurable anticipation himself.

“I’m in,” Lindsey chuckled wickedly, as he rubbed his hands together.

“Oz? Care to join in the fun?” Angel nodded at the red-haired wolf-boy in question.

Oz, who was always reserved (?) and rarely spoke, just shook his red head, slowly.

“I’m finished here, man,” he sighed at Angel. “As far as I’m concerned? From here on in?” The hybrid man/wolf mumbled softly, “this is over for me. I’m through with this so called gang of do-gooders and my girl, Willow,” he finished with a shrug of defeat.

Angel noticed that the short part-human young man’s hazel eyes seemed to glisten with unshed tears. However, the souled vampire said nothing about it.

“See ya’ all around,” Oz called back at the trio on the front lawn as he sauntered off into the night. The two men and one vampire watched Oz leave, until he disappeared from sight.


‘Meanwhile, back at Buffy’s house…’


Spike and Buffy hadn’t stepped one foot into the Summers’ home, when they both began to tear at each others’ clothing, desperately.

“I’ve missed you baby,” Spike rasped, lustily, even as he ripped his Buffy’s top off, up over her shoulders and head.

“Me too, I mean you,” Buffy hissed in desire, as she tore her Spike’s shirt open and pulled it off of his shoulders.

“Love you,” Spike gasped, especially when Buffy grabbed his cock, through his jeans.

“Love you,” Buffy moaned, rather loudly, especially when Spike pulled her half naked body to his half naked body.

Before Buffy knew what was happening, she felt herself being lifted up, once again, in her mate’s strong arms. Spike carried Buffy up the staircase, into their bedroom and laid her on the bed, tenderly.

(Okay, so it wasn’t all that tender, but it sounded good!)

After flinging his half-naked body on top of his wife’s, Spike began kissing her. Starting with her soft, silky forehead, then her funny little nose; then her cheeks. Back up to her eyes, and down to her mouth.

“Mmmmm,” Spike purred, silkily, “my Buffy’s sweet mouth,” he hummed in pleasure. He ran his rough hands, gently, over Buffy’s silky skin.

“Likewise,” Buffy purred in response as she twirled Spike’s curls, right at his neckline, with her tiny fingers.


“I love you. Welcome home,” Spike and Buffy stated to each other, in unison…


A/N: A very short ‘reunion’ chapter. I am going to write another chapter and an epilogue for this story. I plan to have a lot of Spuffy make up love-making in the next chapter!!! Also, I will explain what happened to everyone else.

I just wanted to write and submit this chapter to get these two crazy kids reunited!!!

Thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf