Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you. For the readers, the reviews and the support. I loved writing this story. Even if it took me forever to finish???
DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 23: ‘Plans’


A/N: Time for the final chapter of this tale. I might do an epilogue, I’m not sure, but this chapter should at least answer some questions as to Buffy and Spike’s future plans.


Summary: Spike and Buffy make love and reclaim each other. That’s really pretty much it, except that they come to a decision about their future plans.


Spike did not waste any time at all as he thrust into Buffy’s slick, wet, hot and oh yeah, tight core. If the vampire had learned one thing from this whole drama of the past few days, it was that time might be short. Even though it was a well known fact that vampires could possibly survive eternity.

Buffy was now everything to Spike and he was sure she felt the same way. She had accepted and returned his claim after all. It was a claim that meant more then even human wedding vows.

“I love you,” Spike rasped as he pummeled into his mate and kissed her sweet face, desperately. “Never leave me again,” he ordered, unnecessarily.

‘As if,’ Buffy thought to herself, giddily. ‘Leave him? Never.’

“Never,” she repeated out loud to her mate as she thrust up with her slim hips to meet his.

“I love you too much to ever leave you again,” Buffy gasped out between her moans of pleasure.

“See to that,” Spike growled lowly, his blue eyes were now tinged in the amber fire of his possessive demon. “I wouldn’t want to have to rip the western hemisphere apart, searching for you, Princess. I would do it, of course, but why waste this great shagging time together and…”

He hissed in deep pleasure when his Buffy clenched her cunny muscles around his engorged cock.

“You wouldn’t want to rip apart North America? Or even Europe, Africa, Asia and oh yeah, Australia for this?” Buffy nearly giggled as she clenched that ‘special’ muscle once again around her mate’s wonderful, huge, delightfully cock.

“I said,” Spike panted as he nearly gnawed on her cheek and jaw, then her lush lips. “I wouldn’t want to have to, baby, not that I wouldn’t. For the record,” he continued in another ‘grr argh’ growl, “I would rip apart the fucking world to find you. However, why waste the time when we could be doing this together and all? I’d rather skip the searching for you, tearing apart bodies and heads off and all that crap. Beating down our enemies to get to you? Not when we could be together, the two of us, doing this and all? Right?”

“Right,” Buffy moaned as she felt herself cum for the third time. Or was that the fourth, or the fifth? Oh, hell, who gave a damn if she had lost the number count?

“That was my fifth,” Spike suddenly blurted out as he came deep within Buffy. “My glorious, wonderful, amazing and effulgent fifth orgasm in the last two hours my precious, dear, sweet love. My mate. My wife,” he finished with a rather nice moan of his own.

“Right,” Buffy giggled saucily, “the fifth time. That was it!”

“Bite me,” Buffy murmured into Spike’s ear after he had collapsed on top of her, again. “Claim me again, baby,” she coaxed him with her deft little hands.

“Mmmmm,” he purred in contentment. “We should reclaim each other, sweet,” he advised. He had not moved an inch from his last position atop his Slayer. However, he was careful not to crush her in any way with his weight.

“Sounds like a plan,” Buffy whispered, silkily. “Maybe we should do it now, huh?” She met his indigo blue eyes with her emerald green ones. Her expression was a mix of wonderment and innocence. It was a Buffy ‘look’ that Spike loved so very much.

“Sounds like a plan,” Spike responded with that deep, gruff chuckle of his that Buffy loved so much.

Spike wasted no time, again, in thrusting into his wife and pounding into her, lovingly, of course.

Buffy eagerly offered her silky, exposed neck to her husband. They both moaned in ecstasy when the Spike sunk his fangs, tenderly, into the very spot he’d claimed Buffy with the first time.

As they rode out their sixth orgasm (yes, count them, six!), Buffy used her blunt teeth to bite into Spike. In the very spot she had claimed him with the first time.

“Mine!” Spike roared loudly in pleasure as he came.

“Yours!” Buffy responded in pleasure.

“Mine,” Buffy panted her mates' words as she came.

“Yours, always,” Spike responded in another roar.

Afterwards, the couple lay, entwined on the bed that Buffy once slept in alone. They were wrapped up, completely in each other and near exhausted sleep from their love making.

“Princess,” Spike broke the comfortable silence between them. “I need to ask you something,” he said, a slight pause in his voice.

“Uhm huh,” Buffy purred in response, barely able to keep her eyes open after all their activity.

Spike suddenly propped himself up, on his left elbow and gazed down lovingly at his mate. His dark brows were scrunched together in thought and his blue eyes looked clouded with concern.

“What is it?” Buffy asked, suddenly a little anxious by the look her mate’s face.


“We need to make some plans,” Spike mumbled quickly. He held her green-eyed gaze with his own dark one.


“Plans?” Buffy asked, a bit confused by the seriousness in her lover’s tone.

“About our future together, baby,” he replied. “About what you and me need to do, very soon. Now, really.” He gave her another serious look and then ran his fingers, gently, down her cheek.

“We need to leave Sunnydale, baby,” Spike sighed heavily. He was not so sure of his Buffy’s reaction, but this had to be said. “And we need to get this done. And the sooner, the better.” Spike knew that although Buffy and he had averted this recent catastrophe, this time? Then? What about the next time? They might not be so lucky.

“Oh,” Buffy whispered. “I see,” she finished with a slight frown. She felt the sting of hot tears in the corners of her green eyes.

“Do you see baby?” Spike asked her. “I mean do you understand what I’m saying? This time,” he continued with a clenched jaw, “it was your little gang of friends. What about the next time? It might be the Watchers’ Council or the fucking Initiative.”

Buffy flinched, visibly, causing Spike to regret his quick words. However, he knew his woman had to hear this and understand the severity of the situation here.

“Baby,” he continued again, evenly, “how long until the Council or your ex, soldier boy, comes around to fuck us over? Again?”

Buffy looked down at her mate’s beautiful, pale chest and swallowed very hard. She was trying very, very hard to be brave and smart about all of this.

“Not long,” Buffy rasped as a lone tear slipped down her cheek. The Slayer was becoming very aware of just what her Spike was getting at. While she and Spike stayed in Sunnydale, they would never, ever be totally safe or at peace. That was a given.

“We need to leave, huh?” Buffy whispered sadly as she buried her blond head into her mate’s strong, cool chest. “You and me? We need to leave here. Go away from my home, my family and all of my friends?”

“Yes,” Spike murmured roughly. “We have to leave, baby. If we ever hope to find peace together and…”

“Then we will,” Buffy replied in defeat. “We’ll leave. You and me, baby.”

“I love you,” Spike purred into Buffy’s warm little ear with is cool, loving breath.

“I know. I’m grateful, Spike. I am grateful for your love and devotion. I am, promise. I’ll just miss…” She began to weep, softly, against Spike’s cool, wonderful chest.

“I’m grateful too, sweetheart,” he murmured into her soft, fragrant hair. “I'm so grateful for you, my light. You are my love and salvation. Never thought I’d have this in this unlife of mine. I've never had it at all. I never had it in my human life either. But now? To have everything I want? You, our future together? Do I deserve it? Probably not, but I want it. Now I have it and I’m not going to lose it. Ever.”

“I’m going to take you away, baby,” Spike promised softly as he snuggled Buffy to him. Her little warm body felt like a silky little glove against his hard, cold one.

“To England, first, I think,” he said wistfully. “Would you like that? Go snoop around in London? Or how about Paris? Rome is wonderful, Buffy,” he continued excitedly. “Oh, the art and the city itself? It's breathtaking!" It’s magnificent. I promise you’ll love the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel, baby. The artwork alone will overwhelm you.”

Buffy cuddled deeper into her mate’s comforting chest and began to purr in contentment. She listened to his pretty words and the tales they spun of the things she would see. The woman part of Buffy loved to hear the poet part of her William/Spike ramble on about the beauty in the world.

“I’ll show you things you never thought you’d ever see my Princess. Things the Watchers’ Council could never promise you. Those bastards took your teenage youth, my sweet girl. I’ll give it back to you. I’ll give back the life they took from you. They can’t have it anymore. It’s our life. Together. Yours and mine, sweet Buffy.”

“All the dreams and beauty you thought you’d never have in your short life. I’m going to make sure you live a long, long time, my love. You are going to see the world. You and me, together and when your time is through? I’ll be there, to go with you. To the other side.”

By the time Spike had finished with his beautiful description of their future together. Buffy was sound asleep in his strong arms. Her lovely mouth had the most peaceful, contented and happy expression on it.


A/N: That was my Spuffy moment. The epilogue, which will be soon, promise, will explain what happened to our fave couple and their friends and family.

I’ve been really tied up in RL issues lately and some other stuff. I’m trying to write more of La Cosa Nostra and All Manner of Monsters. I even have an idea for another kind of period piece. We’ll see. Anyway as usual…

Please read and review. Love Spuf