Author's Chapter Notes:
This is it. Now I can start my next fiction, I hope you'll all read it!
Thanks.
DANCE OF THE MATES


Epilogue:

Summary: This epilogue takes place about a year after the last chapter of the story. I hope it puts the tale to rest, at least for the present!


‘A letter from Buffy to her mother, Joyce’




‘Dear Mom,

Spike and I are doing just great, here in London, England. Who would have thought that your little girl would end up in one of the history capitols of the world?! Especially since I was lousy at ‘history’ in school, huh? Almost as awful as I was in French! (tee hee!)

Anyway, I wasn’t surprised, a bit, when I heard about Angel and Anya’s fledgling relationship together. Actually, my ex, Angel, always did need a little demon in his woman, and since Cordelia Chase was spoken for? The ‘Angya’ ship is more then expected and certainly whole-heartedly accepted.

Speaking of Cordy and Wesley, I was thrilled to find out that they had a healthy, big boy! I think Wesley Jr. is the perfect name for their child!

As for Oz’s disappearance, after that mess in Sunnydale? Again, I’m not surprised at all. Oz needed to spread his ‘paws’ and take his rock and roll act on the road. Willow was never really prepared to allow that, so…

What does surprise me is the situation between Xander and Willow. Or, maybe it doesn’t surprise me at all. Frankly, I’m delighted! I think that San Francisco is the perfect place for those two to settle down together and start popping out a bunch of Harris/Rosenberg spawns! Don’t you? However, at this point in time, neither I nor my mate, Spike, wishes to lay eyes on either one of them. I do believe you truly understand, right?

Thanks for keeping me updated on the sinister doings of Riley Finn and his precious Initiative. They can’t hurt us anymore, mom, I promise. Just let them try!

As to Ethan Rayne? Well, what can I say about that one? The man was a horrible accident just waiting to happen. That Angel, Gunn and Lindsey had a hand in Rayne’s final demise is inconsequential to me, Spike and most probably to Giles.

Now, we come to my beloved Giles, my Watcher and mentor. The jury is still out on Rupert, mom, and may always be. I loved him like a father, but he did betray me and my mate so…

I leave the rest of my musings up to you and your imagination. I am very happy to see you are dating again. This guy, Ted is it? He’s a good, solid bloke, as Spike would say?

Anyway, I’m signing off now, mommy, with love and kisses. I do miss you and everyone else in Sunnydale, CA. We, Spike and me, will try and stop by there when we hit the States again in a year or so. Spike and I love each other so much, mom. It’s everything that I had always hoped for. (Even if it’s not what you’d call ‘normal’ in the human sense!)

Spike is busy pouring over old tomes of prophecies and such. He believes that he can obtain his soul! Or, maybe even become human again, if he tries hard enough! My mate has this notion that he’s going to ‘go out’ of this world with me, when it’s my time that is. Since I gave up slaying, the most dangerous thing I do is cook meals for the two of us!

My ‘man’ does want to make me happy so he thinks he needs to be human and give me children. I think he’s hoping that some ancient prophecy will give him carte blanche and enable him to knock up his human, ex-slayer of a wife!

The poor dear doesn’t get the fact that I love him, soulless and all. I don’t necessarily need children to make out little family of two complete, but I hate to discourage him. Especially since it gives him something to do during the day when we are stuck inside so how can I complain!

Oh! It’s nearly sundown and Spike has promised me a trip to one of the local museums! I have to go now mummy, but remember this. I love you and admire you for so many reasons.

I will write again soon and please keep the E-mails, letters and phone calls coming!

With love,
Buffy


Finished (at last!)


A/N: Thank you, thank you, thank you!