DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 7: ‘Honeymoon!’


A/N: Uhm, something I forgot to mention before this? In this story, Spike is already chipped by the Initiative and Riley will recognize him as Hostile 17. Too bad, Finn, huh! Luv, Spuf


Spike and Buffy had reluctantly departed the borrowed crypt, well, reluctantly only because they didn’t want to lose their privacy. Not even for a moment, but Buffy’s house was empty and heck, they needed a good Honeymoon get-away, right?

Anyway, they, the newly bonded Slayer and Vampire had fled to the privacy of the Summer’s house, where they could be totally alone for a week and sequestered themselves upstairs in Buffy’s bedroom. Buffy had just finished riding Spike and her into another amazing orgasm, when the phone rang, trying to rudely disturb their afterglow.

“Fuck!” Spike growled, “don’t answer that Buffy, it’ll only be that ponce of a Watcher of yours and…”

Buffy stuck her tiny pink tongue out at him, grinning, and picked up the phone, “hello,” she said evenly while her husband, Spike, tickled her left breast and smirked.

“Buffy, dear,” came Gile’s elegant voice from the other end of the line, “where have you been? We’ve been so concerned that you…”

Buffy cut him off quickly, “I’m fine,” she answered abruptly, “no worries and all that, Giles.”

She scowled at Spike who was making mock evil faces at her and tried to remain somewhat serious while on the phone.

“It’s just that you’ve gone missing for 24 hours, Buffy,” Gile’s said evenly, “I even had Xander and Willow go to search you out. They came back a while ago, worried that you were no where to be found.”

With a roll of her eyes, Buffy stifled a giggle as Spike began to waggle his naughty tongue at her suggestively. He was hovering over her hips with his face but grinning up at her while he made it quite clear just what he had in mind to do to her later.

“I’m fine Giles,” Buffy sighed, “in fact, I’m better then fine. I’m fantastic!”

Spike nodded at her and mouthed, “oh bloody hell yeah, you are that luv,” illiciting a hearty laugh from her.

“Buffy are you high on drugs or something?” Giles asked with a worried tone.

“No, Giles,” Buffy sighed again in frustration this time, “I really mean it, I’m fine. I’ll try and explain everything to you later. Just don’t worry about me, please. We’re at home, doing great and we don’t need anybody bothering us! Okay,” she almost yelled at her Watcher, “I’m on Holiday, get it?”

Gile’s gasp was audible to Buffy even though she was sure he tried to hide it. “Well, yes, Buffy,” the older man finally muttered, “but please call me as soon as you end your vacation. Oh, and what do you mean? We?”

Buffy mumbled a quick ‘sure, goodbye’ and hung up the phone. “Now,” she grinned at her smirking mate who had somehow sidled back up to her chest with his lovely mouth, “where were we?”

Later, after they had renewed their vows together, three more times, Buffy lay in Spike’s arms and sighed in complete contentment. She had never felt so free, so right in her life. Like for the first time ever, she knew who she really was and where she belonged.

Spike was half asleep, snuggled up with his head on her right breast, his arms wrapped possessively about her body. Buffy was stroking his now spikey locks tenderly, staring happily up at her bedroom ceiling, as if seeing it for the first time. Suddenly, she caught sight of her left ring finger and realized that it was totally void of any sign that she was now truly a ‘married’ woman.

Without blinking an eye, Buffy burst out into tears, startling her ‘man’ out of his half sleep. He bolted up and reared back on his haunches, “what!” he cried, glancing about the room in confusion.

Buffy sobbed uncontrollably and shook her head as she pointed at her bare ring finger, “I don’t even have a wedding band,” she cried, heartbroken.

Spike was at a loss, truly. He had been a vampire for over 120 years and had never claimed anyone, human or otherwise, even before he’d been turned.

‘Oh bloody hell,’ he thought in exasperation, ‘you’d think I’d have at least given a ring a thought or two.’ With a scowl, Spike thought a moment or two as he tried to comfort his wife with hugs and sweet words, but to no avail.

Buffy just continued to sob, staring bleakly at the tell tale bare ring finger, then back at him, accusingly.

“I thought you loved me,” she wailed at him.

“I do love you, Princess,” Spike murmered, trying to console her with kisses, “more then unlife or life itself, I just didn’t think…”

Buffy pulled away from him, “yeah, you didn’t think, that’s the problem,” she cried again and buried her head in her pillow.

“There, there, luv,” Spike cooed tenderly, “I’ll get you a ring. A right proper ring that everyone will be just so jealous of. Til then,” he thought a moment, “wear this one.”

Slipping his scull ring off of his right smallest finger, he took her tiny hand in his and placed it lovingly on her left ring finger. “It’s not much, but until I can get a proper band or something it’ll do, right?” He asked hopefully.

Buffy sat up and peered at the enormous silver scull ring on her left finger.

“Oh, Spike,” she cried in delight, her tears immediately halting, “it’s perfect!” She threw her arms about him and pulled his body flush to hers in a vice like grip.

“That’s my girl, then,” he purred proudly, “I love you so, Buffy,” he finished almost shyly.

“I love you Big Bad,” she repeated back to him affectionately.


A/N: Okay, a short, short chapter to just keep the flow of the story. Next chapter, Spike and Buffy’s elopement will become headline news in Sunnydale. How will the gang react? How will Gile’s react, or Joyce for that matter? How will Riley react (who cares, huh)? Thanks for reading, just wanted to keep things a bit light before the ‘angst’ sets in. Please read and review, Luv, Spuf