DANCE OF THE MATES


Chapter 9: ‘Celebration’



“Congratulations, Spike, Buffy,” Oz repeated sincerely, “you make a great couple.”

Spike shook the wolfboy’s hand, earnestly, while Buffy just blushed and giggled in happiness, her slim arms thrown about her husband’s body.

“Oh for the love of Zeus!” the whelp, Xander Harris, cried in frustration, “don’t encourage these two, Oz,” he hissed angrily.

“This is just a spell, it’s gotta’ be,” Xander yelped as he looked at Riley, Buffy’s ex-whatever he was.

“No spell,” Spike growled at Harris, “Buffy and me, we’re good and married, claimed each other. It’s a done deal, whelp, so back off or I’ll…”

Buffy tsked Spike, affectionately, kissed his cheek tenderly, then glared at Xander first, then Captain Cardboard, or, Riley that is.

“It’s no spell, Xand,” she repeated her husband’s words clearly, “Spike and me, we are married. In the demon world and in ours. It was a mutual claim, unbreakable, eternal. So,” Buffy smiled charmingly at Xander, Willow and Riley, “get over it. Slayer’s off the market and hitched.”

Spike grinned widely and pulled Buffy to him, his arms wrapped possessively around her tiny waist.

Buffy looked up, adoringly, into Spike’s indigo blue eyes and allowed him to kiss her, deeply on the mouth. She and Spike seemed to forget that there was anyone around them, especially her best friends and her ex-whats-his-name, oh yeah, Riley Finn.

Oz, dear, loyal and understanding Oz, chuckled loudly, “it’s all right, Wills,” he assured his girlfriend, “I know all about Vampire claims and all. I’m telling you, it is mutual, they’re in love and ‘are’ truly married. You’ll all just have to accept it, believe me. I know what I’m talking about here.”

Xander groaned loudly, “oh shit, I’m gonna’ hurl,” he exclaimed.

“I need a drink,” Willow murmered, “a lot of drinks, really.”

Riley just stood and stared, open mouthed at his ex-girlfriend and this demon piece of shit that had claimed her. Finally, the tall, dark-haired man spoke, “Buffy, you can’t be serious. This has to be a mistake, this is a fucking vampire for God’s sake…”

Spike stopped kissing Buffy, leaving her to gasp at the loss of contact with his mouth.

“Mind your bloody mouth in front of my lady, you bloody ponce,” Spike growled a warning at Riley. “And get the hell out of our faces, we’re celebrating here.”

With that, Spike went back to the pleasant task of ‘celebrating’ with his Buffy by kissing her, passionately.

“This isn’t over, demon, Buffy, not by a long shot!” Riley hissed as he stormed off to join Xander and the rest at a nearby table.

“Time to go home, continue the celebration there, Princess,” Spike whispered seductively into his wife’s sweet, soft, yummy ear.

“Yes, you’re right,” Buffy murmered back, snuggling up even closer to him, “besides, I don’t like the atmosphere, here, any more. Too crowded and unmixy for our celebration.”

She giggled, a delightful sound to Spike and broke away from him, just long enough to lead him out of the Bronze and home. As the couple passed the table of Buffy’s ‘friends’ Spike’s Buffy waved at the group, cheerfully, “have fun,” she crowed to them.

“We certainly will,” she laughed saucily as she grinned at Spike, lovingly.

“God, I love you,” Spike growled lowly, his arms wrapped, once more, about her tiny waist as he followed Buffy outside and home.

“I’ll show you how much I love you,” she wiggled in his arms, “once we get home.”


(I will now be writing some of the story from Oz’s point of view. It is necessary, a third person POV, to get the plot right. Thanks)

The five young people sat at the Bronze table, three of them appeared to be in shock, while the other two were quite non-chalant about the whole Spuffy marriage and all.

“Oh, for crap’s sake, Harris,” Anya Jenkins, Xander’s girlfriend was grumbling, “get over it. Like Oz here says, Buffy and Spike seem to love each other. Quit being such a damn baby!”

Xander looked at his girlfriend as if she’d grown two heads, “but honey,” he whimpered, “she’s the Slayer, she kills demons. Doesn’t marry them, for God’s sake.”

Oz sat, deep in thought as he watched his own girlfriend, Willow’s, reaction to the whole situation. What he saw disturbed him, deeply

“We need to call Giles,” Willow piped up, nervously, “see what he thinks. Although, I’m pretty sure he’ll be as upset as us. Maybe he knows a way to break this bondy/claimy thingy between Buffy and Spike. He ‘was’ into that kind of magical thing, back in College that is. I remember when he…”

“Wills,” Oz whispered lowly, but very seriously, “you don’t want to do that, any of you. I swear, baby, it’s between Spike and Buffy, let it go. You, none of you,” and the red-haired wolfboy glared at each of the people at the small table, in turn, “none of you know what you’re talking about, or what you’re doing in this. I know about these things, I swear, I do and if any of you get involved with breaking this claim, or try and get between Spike and Buffy or their bond, you’ll all be sorry. Take my word for it.”

Anya sighed in exasperation, “Oz is right, Xander, Willow. This claim thing, it’s all important in the demon world, nothing can break it. Well, maybe some big deal magic could break it, but you so don’t want to get mixed up in that kind of crap. Besides, the only reason you’re pissed, Harris,” Anya glared at her boyfriend, “is because of your obsession with Buffy. It’s positively juvenile and ridiculous. Willow, you’re just going along with Xander because he’s your so called best buddy. Get over it already, both of you. And Riley, Buffy never loved you anyway, I doubt if she even liked you that much. Move on, already.”

Everyone at the table, even Oz just stared at the ex-demon girl, open mouthed.

“Just how the hell do either of you know about these demon claims, or bonds or whatever bull shit they’re supposed to mean,” hissed Riley Finn at Anya and Oz.

“We know,” Oz growled back evenly enough, “just take our word for it soldier boy. None of you want to try any hocus pocus crap on Spike and Buffy, period. They’re in love, period. This claim of theirs’ is so strong, even I can see that. Do not ‘try’ and come between them. Willow, I swear to God, you’ll be sorry if you get involved in any magic Giles scheme to keep Spike and Buffy apart. You’ll end up destroying both of them. Please, please believe me.”


‘Meanwhile back at 1630 Revello Drive’


“So, what do you want to do now?” Buffy asked Spike coquettishly.

Spike growled and flipped his naked wife onto her back, against the bed, “more of this,” he moaned against her mouth as he prepared to thrust back into her wet center.

The shrill ring of the phone broke their bonding, “leave that fucking thing to ring,” Spike ordered Buffy, “or I’ll pull the bloody phone out of the wall and throw it into the middle of the street!”

Buffy gave her husband a mock look of fear, “oh pulease,” she giggled, “like you scare me, Mr. Big Bad, I’ll just see who’s calling, it might be my Mom.”

Buffy picked up the receiver and immediately heard Gile’s booming voice, literally screaming from the other end.

“Can you hear this,” she whispered to Spike, knowing full well he must be able to. The vampire nodded in exasperation and flopped back down on the bed with a groan.

“Don’t humans respect Honeymoons, at all, anymore?” he groaned in frustration.

“Buffy!” Giles screamed again to get his Slayer’s attention, “what in the world are you doing? At your home, with that, that thing you’ve gone and married? Are you insane, girl?”

Buffy rolled her eyes and giggled again, especially when Spike sat back up and began to tickle her rib cage, gently.

“I’m enjoying my Honeymoon, Giles,” she chuckled back at the Watcher, while Spike ran his wonderful lips, lightly, across her right shoulder.

“Buffy,” Gile sighed loudly, “you simply cannot be married to a vampire, period. This is just…”

Buffy snapped, right then, “well, I am married to a vampire, Giles,” she exclaimed matter-of-factly, “and do not start with the whole ‘duty, honor, Watcher’s Council, routine of crap.’ I’ve given the last four years of my life to this whole ‘save the world’ scene and I’m tired of it. I’ll continue to fight the good fight, no problem, but get this…I am married, to William the Bloody, aka Spike Saunders. You don’t like it, I get that. Tough. The rest of the gang, they can go take a flying…”

Spike began to chuckle, God but he loved his woman, Buffy. What a tough little thing she was. However, he’d had enough with all of these naysayers putting her and him down about their love for each other.

Spike grabbed the phone and took on his most menacing tone, “Watcher? Get this straight, Buffy and me. We ‘are’ married. Because we want to be, we love each other and nothing is going to break our bond together. Like Buffy says, you don’t like it, too bloody bad. But I’m warning you Watcher, any of you, your little lap dogs, that fucking Council you answer to, you can all go fuck yourselves. Any of you try and come between Buffy and me, including that bastard, Finn, this chip they stuck in my brain won’t mean a fucking thing. I’ll risk a migraine, hell, I’ll risk an aneurysm to protect my wife, and me.”

He slammed the phone down before anyone could say another thing.

“That went well, don’t you think?” Buffy giggled at Spike with a roll of her eyes.

“Quite well, really,” Spike nodded, contented to just have been able to ‘vocalize’ a threat once again.

“Anyway,” Buffy pouted, “where were we?”

Spike pulled her down to the bed and rolled on top of her, just putting his weight on her, to hold her down, a little.

“I think,” he purred in her ear, “that we were right, about here.” He thrust into her, crushing his lips onto hers.


A/N: This is the last chapter that I had previously written. Now I can get on with the plot. The next chapter, it will get angstsy, at least kind of. Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf