Chapter 5


The first three months whizzed by in domestic bliss – Faith was settled as the resident slayer, and thankfully kept away from them – she knew Spike, and what he was, and knew he wasn’t the ‘enemy’ any more. Spike still kept a wide berth from her though, and rarely went out patrolling anyway.

Well into her fourth month, Buffy had started to get moody.

“Buffy…love, open the door!”

“No!”

“Why not pet?”

“Coz I’m hideous! I’m all fat, and nothing fits, and I look yukky and-”

“Babe, first off, you’re not fat – you’re pregnant, you’re full of our little bundle of joy – and I personally, think you’ve never looked more beautiful – radiant in fact…now open the door kitten, please?”

The door was unlocked, and a very sorry looking Buffy stood in baggy jogging pants and a big baggy tee shirt, her normal everyday stuff no longer fitted her, and was thrown all around the room.

“Come here pet…what’s wrong, huh?”

“Nothing fits! How can you love me when I look like this?” Buffy raised one arm indicating herself in the mirror. She sniffed and buried herself into his embrace.

Spike held her close and started to laugh.

“You are a funny little one…look – I was going to give you this tomorrow, when Red comes over here, but…here you go, I sold a couple of my books – my first editions to that bookseller – I got a good price for the Dickens – go and buy yourself something pretty to wear – it’ll make you feel better” Buffy’s eyes went huge as Spike handed her $500.

“SPIKE!”

“What babe?”

“You sold your – oh Spike! You’re SO good to me…but your beloved books!”

“No worries pet, they were only gathering dust – I don’t mind”

“But, well…we need this to do the spare room up as a nursery” Buffy offered the money back, but Spike gently closed his hand over hers, and pushed it back towards her.

“Don’t you worry about that Kitten, it’s all in hand…now, gonna give me a smile?” Spike coaxed

Buffy did more than that, she threw her arms around his neck and kissed him passionately.

“Steady on there kitten – you’ll get me all………” Between kisses Buffy mewled that was precisely her goal.

For comfort, they found it best if Buffy went on top. Her breasts were fuller now, and her nipples darker, and the slight swell of her belly had Spike filled with manly pride – she looked magnificent, rising and falling on him, head thrown back as she cried out her love for him –

Lying in his arms, Buffy felt safe and protected, nothing could touch them, they had their own little world.



***************


“Well, I did try asking them once, at the very beginning, but they both were having none of it, they said that they wanted everything to be as normal as possible for the baby, and Spike also said he wasn’t going to have Buffy treated like a lab-rat by the Watchers Council” Giles said to Wesley


“But Liz Moss is EX Watcher’s Council”

“I know, I know, but like I say, they were having none of it – so what have you found out, anyway?”

“Not me, Angel actually………could be something and nothing, part of a prophecy, about a ‘Wunderkind’, a ‘wonder child’ – super human strength, born for the good –“

“I see, and you say that it’s Angel that found this out?”

“Uh huh, why?”

“Because telling them, well………it’ll be like a red rag to a bull if you say Angel found out the information, given how things are between them – and Spike would definitely want to know what Angel was doing, sniffing round stuff that was absolutely none of his concern”

“To be fair Giles, Angel still cares for Buffy, despite what he thinks about Spike”

“Then if that’s true Wesley, Angel should know when to keep his nose out”

“So you don’t think they should be told?”

“I didn’t say that, I just said that it would probably be a lot better if the information hadn’t come from Angel. Where did he find this stuff, any ideas?”

“Hmm, not sure – I could ask”

“Do you think he’d tell you?”

“Don’t see why not – leave it with me, okay?”

“Will do old man – how’s my old charge getting on?”

“Faith? – Oh, you know, she has her own quirks, does things very much her own way, but she’s getting the job done I’m glad to say”

“Good, good…well then Giles, I’ll see what I can find out for you, and let you know, okay?”

“Thanks – see you”

“Bye”

Giles had just put the phone down, when Buffy came into the little office area of the shop.

“Buffy, how lovely to see you – I was just – tal-um think, thinking about you!” Giles thought it prudent to not let on he’d been talking about her.

“Really? So, how are you – golly, it’s been a while since I came in here, it all looks quite strange!”

“I’m fine, more to the point, how are you?”

“Here, look at this – it’s the sonogram…see, there’s his head, and that’s his little back…those are his legs…that’s his arm” Giles stared at the fuzzy white picture, it looked like a snowstorm against a windshield to him…Buffy was beaming.

The picture suddenly became clear, and Giles grinned too.


“Oh yes! Wow…things they can do…He – you know it’s going to be a he?”

Buffy nodded, because she was delving into her purse, and chewing.

“Uh huh, Pearl, that’s the nurse that did the scan asked us if we wanted to know, and we both did – he’s fine and dandy, growing just the way he should be, I’m fit as a fiddle, blood pressure normal – and you can keep that picture – Spike went and had about two-dozen copies made”

Buffy said grinning, popping another grape into her mouth.

Giles smiled at this, and put the picture down on the desk

“I see, proud daddy, huh?” Buffy grinned and rolled her eyes,

“Like you wouldn’t believe – he’s even – oh”

“GILES! Did you get that – oh – Hey, B – how are you?”

“The smile went from Buffy’s face, and she just said, ‘Fine’.

“That’s five by- um good – Giles, the location for this Remalak demon, you said you’d find – thanks, okay, well, I won’t keep you…um, you know, look after yourself B…thanks for…(she held up the slip of paper Giles had written the info she’d wanted on it) and left the office.

“Well, I better be going Giles, Willow and Spike were painting when I left them – I’m dying to see what they’ve done”

“I’ll give you a lift, if you like”

“Oh it’s no bother, I can-“

“Actually…there’s something I’d like to run past you, if you don’t mind?”

Buffy popped another grape, and shrugged

“Okay”

“Good, I’ll just get my jacket and keys, you can go sit in the car if you like, it is open”

Buffy did just that.