“Katelyn!”

“What?” Spike said as Buffy walked in the room.

“Katelyn, that’s what we’ll call her. Katelyn Willow Huffman. Katy for short.”

“You took your time in deciding, about three months to be exact.”

“Yeah well you can’t rush these things and I take time to think, you should know.” Spike smiled and got up to kiss her. Buffy pulled away first and clutched her stomach in pain. Spike’s cocky grin turned into a look of concern.

“Buffy, what’s wrong.”

“Nothing, it just kicked is all. No biggie.”

“Maybe you should think about taking time off school.”

“Huh? Spike there’s like a week before the summer there’s no point in taking time off now.”

“’Kay but you have to take care of yourself Buffy.” Buffy nodded and sat down on the couch. Spike came and sat beside her and they spent a few hours watching T.V together, occasionally taking their eyes off the screen to kiss.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Buffy walked down the school corridor with Willow and Xander for the last day of term.

“Two more hours until the summer vacation I can’t wait. Three whole months of nothing but girls!” Xander exclaimed.

“Ugh, think yourself lucky, I’ll be spending a lot of it looking after a screaming baby or three days of pain in labour.”

“Don’t worry Buff, we’ll be there right beside you every step of the way.” Xander told Buffy.

“I think Spike beat ya to that. I think I’m gonna go to the nurse, I feel a little sick.”

“Damn you Buffy, why can’t I be pregnant?” Xander said.

“I’ll just pretend you didn’t say that.” Xander made a face and walked Buffy to the nurse’s office. Buffy got to go home about an hour later. She spent the rest of the day watching T.V and eating weird stuff.

……………………………………………………………………………………

“I’m not your bloody slave ya know Buffy, do stuff for yourself!” Spike shouted when he and Buffy were sitting on the couch watching T.V. They were fighting over the remote and it had flung across the room.

“But I’m pregnant!”

“Well I guess it’ll have to stay there for another three months then.”

“No fair!” Buffy got up and walked over to pick up the remote. “Nuh uh. Can’t bend down, I guess you’ll have to get it.”

“Oh very funny!”

“No seriously, I can’t bend down, I’m too fat!”

“You could never be fat Buffy.” Spike said as he got up to pick up the remote. Buffy hugged him and went to sit back down.

“I wish this baby would hurry up and come out, it’s getting really annoying now.”

“No you don’t want that. You’d be spending weeks with it in the hospital while it’s on a ventilator.”

“Yep guess you’re right.”

……………………………………………………………………………………

Buffy was sitting down in front of the T.V watching Jerry Springer. This episode was about a teenage girl’s mother threatening to throw her out if she didn’t have an abortion. Buffy kept turning her nose up at the mother’s opinion. There was a knock at the door. Buffy looked out the window to see who it was. She started laughing. Xander was standing there in shorts and t-shirt with a girl either side of him. The girls were Willow and a girl called Anya, both very unpopular in school.

“Hey guys.” Buffy greeted.

“See Buff, what did I say about me scorin’ with the girls this summer.”

“He paid us twenty bucks to do this.” Anya said. Buffy tried not to laugh.

“Okay, so maybe I can’t score much with the girls but at least I know I can pay them.” Buffy shook her head and ushered them inside.

“Xander, you must be really desperate!” Buffy said and chuckled.

“Looks like you’re not.” Anya said. Xander looked at her as if to say shut up but she just smiled. “What? Can’t I say what I think once in a while?”

“It’s okay Xander.”

“Good. So how much longer till the bun comes out of the oven?”

“Ooh, you’re making buns? Can I have some?!” Anya said excited.

“Two months but it could be any day now. I’ve packed my bag ready for the hospital just in case.”

“Good.”

“Yup.” Buffy led them into the living room where they sat and watched about three movies before Xander went home. Spike came in a few minutes later and started kissing and cuddling her. In a very happy mood!

……………………………………………………………………………………

“Aaah, Spike!”

“What? What is it?”

“My waters just broke!” Spike was out of bed in a flash and on the phone to the hospital. On the way to the phone Spike kept chanting “Baby’s coming, baby’s coming.”

“Spike!!!”