Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to Erin, Blondibear, BuffyandSpikeForever, songgal1, BINT, Cordykitten, rockerbaby, Caitie, spikesbabyblues, SpikesKitten2009, wiccangirl314, sarah g, loxie, Kathryn, lindsay, Mia, Chelsea and Shel for all your reviews, I couldn't have written this fic without you! You rock!
Chapter:12

Characters: Buffy, Spike, Kathryn, Xander, Willow and baby Katelyn!

Completed: 5/11/05

Author: Rachel_13


“Spike!!!” Buffy shouted. Buffy was lying on the couch in a nightgown three hours into labour and the doctor still hadn’t showed up.

“There’s a traffic jam somewhere, the doctor won’t be able to make it here. Looks like we have to do this on our own.” Spike said and went and crouched by the couch and held Buffy’s hand.

“Well this baby better hurry up and fucking be born soon or I’m gonna blow a gasket!!!!!!!” Buffy squeezed Spike’s hand so hard it went red.

“Another contraction?” Spike asked.

“What the fuck do you think?!” Buffy replied. Spike was getting tired of this, he just wished his baby would come soon so Buffy could give him his hand back. Another hour passed of the same thing, Spike’s hand was near bleeding and he still had the strength to comfort Buffy in her contractions. Buffy finally let go of his hand and Spike went to check how dilated she was.

“Okay Buffy you can push now.” Spike said as calmly as he could.

“Fucking FINALLY!” Buffy said and gave a big push. Spike could see the head of the baby.

“Okay Buffster, I can see the baby’s head, give me another push!” Spike said. Buffy pushed again and the baby’s head was out.

“On the next contraction, we’re gonna deliver the baby okay Buffy?” Buffy cried and nodded.

“Okay, one, two, three PUSH!” Spike said. Buffy pushed and the baby started crying. A baby girl. Spike got a pair of scissors and clamped and cut the cord and handed the baby to Buffy. Spike delivered the placenta and they just sat there holding the baby for a while.

“We gotta get to the hospital.” Spike said.

“Yeah.” Buffy replied. They both got up and went to the door, Spike’s arm round Buffy and Buffy holding the baby.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Buffy was lying in a hospital bed with baby Katelyn in a cot next to her. Spike sitting in the chair just looking at her sleep. Buffy looked more beautiful than ever, according to Spike. Buffy stirred and woke up.

“Hey you.” She said.

“Hey Buffy. She’s beautiful, your father would’ve been proud.” Said Spike. Buffy sat up and kissed him.

“I love you.” Buffy said.

“I love you more.” Spike said.

“No you don’t.” Buffy said and kissed him again. Katelyn started to cry so Spike went over there and picked her up. He picked up the bottle next to the cot and started to feed her. Buffy sat there and stared at him.

………………………………………………………………………………………

“Hey Buffster!” Xander said as he walked into her room at the hospital.

“Hey!” Buffy said.

“Well, where is she?” Xander said.

“Over there. Katelyn Willow Huffman.”

“Could’ve added a Xander in there too.”

“Funny.” Xander went over to the cot and picked up Katelyn. She yawned and cuddled into his arms. Xander smiled and started rocking her and singing ‘Rock a bye baby.’ Buffy smiled and lied back down. She fell asleep and when she woke up, he was gone.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Willow and Kathryn walked into the room.

“Hey Buffy, how’s it hangin’.” Willow said.

“Fine. Spike’s at home painting a nursery now.” Buffy replied.

“Yeah we know, we helped. We would’ve came here with Xander but we were busy and he just wasn’t.” Buffy laughed and hugged Willow.

“I should be home soon. They let me out tomorrow.”

“That’s good.” Katelyn said. She walked over to the cot and peered in.

“She looks like you.” She said and Willow walked over.

“She does doesn’t she?”

“Yeah. Anyways, we should go help Xander and Spike. See you later.”

“Bye.” Buffy said and fell asleep again.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Buffy sat in the back of Spike’s car with Katelyn. Spike kept looking at the baby from his mirror. Buffy was looking at her sleep too. She kissed her forehead and looked at Spike. He blew a kiss at her and looked back at the road.

………………………………………………………………………………………

Spike carried the baby into the house and Buffy followed. He led Buffy into a room that was painted baby pink with all the trimmings. A cot, a rocking chair for Buffy, a changing table, a little chest of drawers for clothes and a little mobile.

Buffy’s jaw dropped open.

“You’re the best boyfriend ever!” Buffy shouted and hugged him. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” They kissed for a while then both put the baby to bed. Willow and Xander came round a while later to check on Buffy. They stayed for a while in the baby’s room and then went. Buffy became very tired and school was soon so Spike got on the phone to hire a sitter.

Buffy wasn’t ready for this. Unwed teenage motherhood.

One afternoon, Spike found Buffy crying in the garden.

“What’s wrong sweetheart?” He asked.

“I’m not ready for this. I’m sixteen, I’m a mom, I moved out of my dad’s house and I’m still in high school. I can’t be a mom at this age.”

“Yes you can. You have me to help. I could quit one of my jobs to be here more. I could… I could… Will you marry me?”

“Huh?”

“Will you marry me Buffy Anne Summers?”

“Huh.” Buffy smiled and said. “Of course I’ll marry you!”

They kissed for a while and Spike promised her the world. This was going to be a great life!

THE END

EXTRA

***Five Years Later ***

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy and Spike sit by the pool, her back against his front, his arms around her waist, as they watch their five year old daughter being taught to swim by Willow and Xander. Katelyn is splashing around happily in the shallow end whilst Willow pretends to drown and Xander pretends to save her. Katelyn is highly amused and tries to dunk Xander but he grabs her and places her on his stomach while he swims on his back.
"Drop her and I'll kill you dead Harris!" Spike treatens.
"Yeah, yeah." Xander shouts back. Spike chuckles and kisses Buffy's neck. She smiles and leans into his touch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm so glad I met you." Buffy says and turns to look at her husband. Spike says nothing but leans down and kisses her sweetly. The kiss soon heats up and are broken out of their daze by Xander's shouting.
"Get a room you guys!" He shouts. Spike holds up his forefinger and middle fingers at him as Buffy playfully swats him on the chest.
"Yeah, get a room!" Five year old Katelyn shouts. Buffy and Spike smile as they watch their daughter swim three strokes in the water before Willow catches her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide
I'm quiet you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared to know I'm always on your mind
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xander swims up to them, Willow and Katelyn following closely behind. Buffy brings her hands up and dunks his head under the water. After a few seconds she lets go and lets him come up for air. he coughs and splutters and she giggles, Xander puts on a faux angry face and pulls her into the water, holding her under. Willow laughs and pulls Spike in too. They all have a play fighting session in the water whilst Katelyn giggles the whole time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Don't stop here
I lost my place
I'm close behind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy and Spike swim over to Katelyn and both take her in their arms. Buffy kisses Katelyn on the cheek and Spike does the same, then Buffy and Spike kiss each other and pull away.
"I couldn't have wished for a better life." Buffy says. Spike smiles and kisses her.
"Me either, baby. Me either."

~~~~~~~~~~~~
You finally find
You and I collide
You finally find
You and I collide
~~~~~~~~~~~~


Please review, I like it so much.

Thank you too all my friends who approved this story and all the people that read it. Please tell me what you think. Thank you to spikesbabyblues for your review that helped me make my story better. Thank you to Pari for actually publishing this and thank you everyone. If you want to send a personal review email racheylou1310@hotmail.co.uk. Thank you.