Buffy awoke the next morning aware of two things. One was the nice warm English man with his arms tightly around her and second that Angel hadn’t tried to burst in during the night. Spike began to shift behind her. Buffy could tell he was waking up. She turned around to find him staring at her with adoration.

“Morning.” Spike said

“Morning.” Buffy replied. She leaned down and kissed him lightly on the lips. Spike tightened his hold on her and pulled her down to the bed.

“Nope. That’s enough. Time to get up.” Buffy told Spike as she got out of bed. She started looking in her closet for something to wear when she heard the sound of metal slicing on metal.

“Wakey, wakey lovebirds. I know you’re in there so don’t try to hide. Angel’s gonna come in now.” Angel shouted into the bedroom as he kept trying to pick the lock of Buffy’s bedroom door. “Come on Buffy. Why don’t you just open the door? It’ll save a whole load o’ money on fixing this lock.”

“I’ll never let you in you fucking bastard. You could never have me back. My heart belongs to Spike and you can’t stop that. I was a fool for loving you. I can’t even believe my dad still lets you in his home!” Buffy shouted. Then Angel finally picked the lock and came crashing in Buffy’s bedroom. Buffy thought the first person he’d go to would be Spike but he turned and went for her instead.

“What the hell do you want?” Buffy demanded.

“You to come back to me. Or haven’t you been listening.” With that he grabbed her and pushed her to the floor. He ripped off her nightdress and undid his belt. Spike jumped out of bed and tried to pry him off of Buffy. Angel just hit him over the head with the nearest thing he could get his hands on. Buffy’s dad’s baseball bat. Angel continued with what he was doing and thrust inside of her. Buffy screamed.


Spike awoke in Beverly Hills hospital two days later. His head was in bandages and hurt like hell. Buffy, where was Buffy? Spike hopped out of bed and walked to reception area. The girl behind the counter stared at him. No surprise seeing as all he was wearing was a short hospital gown.

“Buffy Summers. Has she been here?” Spike demanded.

“I’ll just check.” The receptionist told him and started clicking away on the computer. “Yes. Buffy Anne Summers. Room 32.”

“Thanks.” Spike ran off in the direction of Buffy’s room.

“29, 30, 31, 32, finally.” Spike burst in and found Buffy unconscious on the bed. He walked over and started stroking her on the head. “What the hell has he done to you my love. He’ll pay him and his money and possessiveness.” He carried on stroking Buffy’s hair for a little while and started falling asleep.


Just as Spike started dozing off, he felt Buffy’s head twitch beneath him.

“Spike?”

“I’m here baby. What did he do to you?”

“He tried to rape me. Well, he did. I hate that bastard. Wait till I get my hands on him, I’ll make him pay, I’ll make him pay with his life. What about you, are you okay?”

“Me? Yeah, it’s just a scratch, honestly. Bet I can go home soon.”

“Yeah, me too.” Spike laid down beside her and put his arm round her. They slowly drifted off into slumberland.


They woke up a few hours later to a doctor telling Buffy that he was ready to discharge her. She got dressed and followed Spike back to his room. He got dressed and they made their way out of the hospital.


Buffy turned her key and opened her door to her house. She was greeted by her dad and Kathryn.

“Where the hell were you Buffy?! Who the hell is this? Why didn’t you call? Angel is worried sick!”

“For your information dad, Spike and I was in hospital because of what precious Angel did to us.”

“And what exactly did he do to you two then and what kind of a name is Spike?” Hank said and Buffy began crying.

“Spike is a nickname and Angel tried to rape her and hit me over the head. Has it ever been clear to you that Buffy is unhappy around him?”

“And what do you know about my daughter?” Hank demanded.

“I know that she is unhappy around her stepbrother.”

“Right, that’s it. Get the hell out of my house!” Hank shouted. Buffy then calmed down.

“You kick him out, you’ll have to kick me out too.” She said harshly to her dad. Kathryn finally decided to speak.

“Hank, don’t kick him out. Buffy’s telling the truth. You see, I’ve heard Buffy complaining about Angel before and… well… I hid a few tape recorders around the house and well… listen.” Kathryn pulled out a small tape recorder and turned it on. On it you could hear everything that happened a few nights ago. Buffy smiled.

“All we have to do is take this to the police and…” Hank stopped her in her tracks as he snatched the tape off Kathryn and smashed it on the floor.

“That was NOT Angel. Angel wouldn’t do something like that.” Buffy, Spike and Kathryn stood there gobsmacked. Buffy ran upstairs and came back down a moment later with an overnight bag.

“I’m going to Spike’s. I can’t believe you don’t believe me dad, and you destroyed the only evidence. I can never forgive you.” Buffy and Spike walked back out the front door. Kathryn ran upstairs.

“Liam Jones! Get here this instant!”

End of Chapter 3