Buffy and Spike drove to Spike’s house in silence. Spike was occasionally gazing over at Buffy’s tear-stained face. Buffy didn’t notice, just stared blankly out of the window. Why would he do such a thing? Angel, the man I used to love, a rapist. I hate him. Spike gazed over in Buffy’s direction again. Buffy saw him this time and forged a smile.

“Kathryn seems nice. Too bad for your dad, I thought he’d be on your side. Well we’ll nail him.” Spike said. Buffy smiled again and focused on the road. Spike did the same.



“Liam! Liam! Get here this instant. What the hell do you think you’re doing? I didn’t raise you like this. What exactly do you have against your stepsister?” Kathryn shouted as she walked up the stairs. Angel came out of Buffy’s room holding a picture of her.

“I don’t have anything against her mom. I don’t know what makes me do this. I need help. I think there’s something wrong with me.” Angel managed between sobs. Kathryn stood there gobsmacked. Was her son telling the truth or just covering for himself?

“It’s true Kath.” Hank said and appeared on the top of the stairs. “That’s why he has been spending a lot of time with me. He gets angry and does silly things and he can’t help that. A few minutes later he can be fine, just don’t piss him off okay?” Kathryn nodded.

“Why didn’t the hospital find out about the rape then?” Kath asked.

“I took her clothes. And Spikes. They’re in my room. I burned Hank’s baseball bat.” Kathryn looked at her son and raised her eyebrows. “I didn’t want to get caught. I wanna finish college first. Please don’t turn me in mom.”

“I’ll have to talk to Buffy about this.” Kathryn said and ran downstairs.

“Shit.”


Spike pulled up outside his small house and got out to open the door for Buffy. Buffy stepped out and fell into his arms and started sobbing. Spike didn’t say anything, just held her and let her cry. She finally calmed down and let Spike help her inside. They both stepped in Spike’s house. Buffy found herself inside a small room with a couch, T.V, fireplace and a small coffee table which had a beer and some cigarettes on it.

“Sorry the place is such a mess. Wasn’t expecting any company just of late.” Spike said. Buffy started sobbing again and Spike took her in his arms again. They walked over and sat down on the couch.

“I’m sorry Spike.”

“’Sokay. It’s not your fault sweetheart. It’s his and your dad’s. You can stay here as long as you like.” Buffy sat up and looked at him.

“Thank you.” She said before capturing his mouth in a long hot kiss. Their clothes soon came off and the rest of the world was forgotten.


They woke up the next morning at 10am.

“Morning.” Spike said.

“Morning… shit, what time is it?”

“Just gone 10. Why?”

“School. Oh well, they won’t miss me for a day. Wanna get up, I’m kinda squished on this couch.”

“Oh sorry.” Spike said and got up. He pulled Buffy up next and directed her towards the shower. He went back out to his car to get her bag. He picked it up and went back inside to hear the water running and a bad singing voice coming out of the bathroom.

“Buffy, ya couldn’t sing for toffee girl so don’t even try.”

“Hey, you’re supposed to be on my side!”

“Sorry.”


Buffy finally came out of the shower and came downstairs. She found Spike cooking a very bad-for-you breakfast. He looked a little like a real chef until she heard him wail when he burned himself whilst trying to turn the bacon over by hand.

“It’s called a spatula. Look into it.” Buffy said, mocking Spike. “I take it you haven’t cooked before then.”

“How’d you guess?”

“One: you tried to turn bacon over with your hands and two: there’s loads of boxes that have leftover Chinese food in them lying around.”

“Ah, ya got me.” Buffy walked over to the stove and took over for Spike.

After Buffy and Spike’s fatty breakfast, they decided to go out and get some healthy food for Buffy to eat. They got to the supermarket and picked up a basket. They stocked up on vegetables, much to Spike’s disgust and then a few candy bars, just to keep Spike from moaning.

“God, I can’t take you anywhere. You’re like a little kid.” Buffy said.

“What can I say, kids rule.”

“Funny.” Spike went off to the cash register whilst Buffy went and picked up some tampons. Spike didn’t want to be the only man down that aisle so he left Buffy on her own. She picked them up and went back to find Spike.

“Hey.” Buffy said and threw the tampons into the basket.

“I can’t see how girls cope sticking one of them up their…”

“Spike, public place. No talk like that thank you.”

“Sorry.”


Hank and Kathryn were talking in the kitchen about Buffy and Angel. They were saying that they didn’t even know where Spike lives let alone make peace with him and Buffy.

“How can she go and live with someone without telling us where he lives?” Hank said.

“She’s growing up. She has to hate her dad sometimes. It’s like a kids’ unwritten code of honour or something.”

“I just hope she doesn’t do anything stupid.”


Buffy was in the kitchen, kissing Spike. A LOT.

“Okay, that’s enough.” Buffy said and Spike let go of her. He walked into the living room.

“I’ll wait for you.” He said. Buffy nodded and rolled her eyes. She turned around to get something out of the fridge when the calendar caught her eye. When she had moved in, the first thing she did was mark her next due date in there but she seemed to be a few days past it!

“Shit!” Buffy screamed and ran out the door in the direction of the drug store. Spike came into the room and found the back door wide open.

“Ooookaaaay!”

End of Chapter 4