Buffy returned home a while later with a small brown bag containing a home pregnancy kit. She dumped the bag on the kitchen counter and hurriedly took her coat off and hung it up in the hallway. She could hear snoring coming from upstairs so she knew Spike was sound asleep, thankfully. She picked up the brown bag and crept up the stairs, trying not to make the floorboards creak, as they had a habit of doing that.

Buffy peeked into her bedroom and found Spike naked in bed with the quilt thrown on the floor, she tried to stifle a giggle. She kept walking and stepped into the bathroom and slowly closed the door. She unwrapped the pregnancy kit and pulled out the little white stick.

“Okay, two blue lines means pregnant, nothing means not. Okay. Piece of cake.” Buffy muttered to herself and she sat on the toilet seat. She sat there for a moment just staring at the stick, almost afraid to use it.

She finally peed on that little white stick that she was dreading and began to wait. She started fidgeting while she stared at the white stick. The results finally came up.

“Oh shit. Pregnant!”

Buffy crept back down the hall, crying, to her and Spike’s room. She stripped of her clothes and put on her yummy sushi pyjamas. She quietly lifted the covers back on the bed and got under them. Spike automatically put his arm around her. Buffy smiled and fell asleep.


Buffy woke up the next morning finding that Spike was not in bed. She hurriedly got out of bed and padded downstairs. Spike wasn’t there but she saw a small piece of paper on the counter.

Buffy,
Gone to my job at the café, be back later.
Love Spike

“Good, gives me a chance to talk to Kathryn, seeing as her son may have got me pregnant!” Buffy said, calmly and called a cab to take her to her dad’s.

The cab came a few minutes later and Buffy swiftly got in.

“Hey, shouldn’t you be in school little girl?”

“Yeah but I’m not feeling too well. I’m going to see my dad. 1329 Melrose Place.”

“Okay.” The cab driver drove off and they spent the rest of the ride in silence.

Ten minutes later, they got to Buffy’s dad’s. Buffy paid the driver and walked up the large driveway. She stood at the door for about a minute before finally getting the courage to knock. Kathryn answered the door.

“Buffy! We were worried sick about you.” Kathryn exclaimed. Buffy started crying. Kathryn ushered her inside and told her to sit on the couch.

“Buffy, what’s wrong?”

“Everything. First I get raped by Angel on the day I had sex with Spike, then the tape and now… I’m pregnant!” Buffy said and started crying more.

“Oh my god Buffy but you’re only…”

“… sixteen? I know. I don’t even know whose baby it is. How am I gonna cope?”

“You need to talk to Spike… and Angel. I know you won’t want to but…”

“Where is he?” Buffy said angrily. Kathryn pointed upstairs. Buffy got up off her chair and ran up the stairs.

“ANGEL!” Buffy shouted. Angel ran, half naked out of his bedroom.

“What? What’s wrong?” He asked her as if they were best friends.

“You are what’s wrong. First you rape me, on the day that I have sex with Spike and now I’m fucking pregnant!” Buffy shouted. Angel’s jaw dropped. He walked over to Buffy and put his arms around her.

“I’m so sorry Buffy.”

“What did you say?”

“I said I’m sorry.” Buffy went to say something else but heard the door open and the sound of her dad’s voice. She turned around and went right back down the stairs. She was halfway down the stairs when she heard Kathryn talking to her dad about the pregnancy. Buffy quietly walked into the kitchen.

“Buffy…” her dad said.

“So you heard then?”

“Yeah but there’s something I need to tell you. About Angel. He has a mental problem. He can be fine one minute and really angry the next and doesn’t think about what he’s doing before he does it. He can’t help it. He regrets it soon after and forgets why he does it. Seeing you with Spike set him off and that’s why he did what he did. He took you to the hospital. He didn’t mean to get you pregnant.” Buffy’s dad explained.

“You’re pregnant?” Buffy turned around and found Spike standing there. “The door was open.”

“Yeah. I don’t know whether the baby’s yours or Angel’s. I don’t know what to do.” Spike walked over and hugged her.

“It’s okay. We’ll have some DNA tests done and…”

“There’s no need.” Angel said as he walked into the kitchen. “You don’t need to go through all that. The baby’s Spike’s.”

“How do you…”

“I’m infertile. I can’t have children.” Buffy and Kathryn gasped.

“Angel. Why didn’t you tell us?” Kathryn said.

“I didn’t want to upset Buffy.”

“I can’t get my head around all this I have to…” Buffy said and ran for the door. Spike followed and caught her.

“Buffy. I know this is a shock for you but it’s a shock for me too. How about we just go home and talk this out?”

“Spike, I’m sixteen, I can’t have a baby.”

“Yes you can. I’ll support you all the way.”

“We haven’t even been dating two weeks and something like this happens. God I’m such a slut.”

“No, no you’re not. You are a great person with a heart of gold. The person I always wanted to meet when I was younger. Come on, let’s go home.” Buffy nodded and let Spike put his arm around her.

Buffy was just about to get in the car when…

“Oh my god Buffy I have like tons of stuff to tell you… Have you been crying? You didn’t buy something on sale and can’t return it did you?” Cordelia babbled as she caught up with Buffy.

“No! I’m… I’m pregnant.” Buffy said. Cordelia just gaped at her.

“Shouldn’t you be in school?”

“Lunch. You’re pregnant? With him? Oh my god.”

“Listen Cord, I’ll talk to ya later ‘kay?”

“Yeah.” Cordy walked off.

“Now she’s a slut.” Spike said. Buffy laughed and they took off home.