Spike pulled over outside his house and looked over at Buffy. He smiled and got out of the car and started walking up the driveway. Buffy followed him and stopped at the door where he was.

“What’s wrong?” Buffy asked.

“Nothing. Just thinkin’ that we might need to get a bigger place seeing as we’ll have little Billy runnin’ ‘round all the time.” Spike replied as he gingerly placed his hand over Buffy’s abdomen.

“Funny. What makes you think the baby’ll be a girl then?” Buffy said playfully.

“Takes after his father.”

“Yeah right. Girl.” Buffy said as she walked in, starting an argument.

“Boy.”

“Girl.”


Buffy walked into the living room and plonked herself on the couch. Spike hung up his coat and sat next to her. Buffy looked at him and smiled lovingly. She looked into his eyes and saw something that she hadn’t seen before… something like… love. *Oh my god, he loves me * Buffy thought. She saw his gaze drop lower to her stomach and he put his hand over it again and rubbed it.

“You really want this baby don’t you?” Buffy said.

“More than anything else in the world.” Spike answered and brought his mouth forward to kiss her. Spike pulled away. “Do you want this baby?”

“I don’t know. Maybe, but I can’t have an abortion, I’d never forgive myself. And I can’t put it up for adoption, I’d miss it too much so that leaves only one option and… actually yes, I do want this baby.” Buffy said. Spike’s mouth formed into a cheeky grin. He got up, picked Buffy up and twirled her round in the air. “Put me down Spike!” Buffy said giggling uncontrollably. Spike put her down and captured her mouth with his own. Buffy melted into his embrace. Spike lifted her up and dragged her legs round his waist. Soon their clothes were off and they were making love on the couch.


A few hours later, Spike went out to the movie store to rent a movie whilst Buffy got out the popcorn and made the couch look at least a little bit presentable. Buffy plonked herself back on the couch and snuggled into Spike’s leather duster. Buffy exhaled and found that his duster smelled of cigarettes and whiskey. Not the most pleasant of combinations but it was Spike and that was how she loved him. * Oh my god, I just fell in love with Spike. * Buffy thought. Buffy heard the door open and ran into the kitchen.

“Miss me?” Spike asked.

“Of course.” Buffy said and walked over to kiss him. Buffy broke away first and turned away to get the popcorn. “So, what movie did you get?”

“Bring It On.”

“Slutty cheerleaders in short skirts? It’ll have to do I suppose.”

“Oh my god! You’re jealous that I fancy a woman off the telly aren’t you?” Spike said. Buffy blushed and walked into the living room. Spike came in and sat down beside her on the couch. “Don’t worry, I only have eyes for you, kitten.”

“Kitten? Hmmm… I like it. Call me that more often.”

“Whatever you want sweet thing.” Spike pressed play on the video and lost himself in the movie. Buffy looked at all the girls on there and turned her nose up. Then it occurred to her, she was that girl. Or used to be. Her, Cordy and the Cordettes. All cheerleaders looking for football players or college guys in their short skirts and low-cut tops. Buffy felt sick at the thought. * That’s it! Tomorrow I’m quitting the cheerleading squad, throwing out all my mini-skirts and telling my friends that I’m pregnant. *


A couple of hours later, Spike realised Buffy was asleep and carried her upstairs to their bedroom. He laid her on the bed and laid beside her with his arms around her, making sure to rub her belly. Sleep soon came.


In the morning, Spike awoke to find Buffy not there and most of her school books gone. He got up and walked downstairs. On the counter was a piece of paper ripped out of Buffy’s pink notebook with her scribble on it.

Spike,
Gone to school to face the music. Be back at around three-ish. I love you.
Missing you already
Love Buffy
xxx

Spike was fixated on those three words in the middle of the letter. “I love you.” He smiled and tucked the note into his back pocket.


Buffy walked up the steps of Beverly Hills High and walked through the double doors that greeted her. As soon as she started walking down the hall, people started whispering, no doubt about her. Buffy just smiled at them and they turned their noses up at her. Buffy got to her locker and found Cordelia and the Cordettes standing beside it.

“Hey guys.” Buffy greeted.

“Hello Buffy.” Cordy snapped.

“What’s wrong with you?” Buffy asked.

“The question is what’s wrong with you? Buffy, you’re knocked up at sixteen, how can you expect us to hang with you now? You’ll ruin our reputation.” Cordy said as she walked off. She got about halfway up the hall when she turned round. ”Oh by the way Buffy, I told the entire sophomore class that you’re pregnant so don’t expect to have any friends any time soon.” Cordy walked off. Buffy started to sob.

“Why did this have to happen to me?” She asked herself. She carried on crying there for a minute then decided to get her books out of her locker.

“Excuse me Buffy,” a guy’s voice said. Buffy turned around. “Are you okay?” He asked. Standing there was a guy and a girl. The girl was wearing a grey skirt with grey tights underneath and a red sweater with a big W on it. The girl also had red hair. The guy was wearing jeans and a black t-shirt.

“Yeah, I’m fine. You’re Xander right?” Buffy said.

“Yeah, this is Willow.”

“Hi. You’re in my history class aren’t you?” Buffy asked. Willow turned her head a little, looking for someone behind her.

“You talking to me?” Willow asked.

“Of course, who else would I be talking to?”

“I don’t know. Are you sure you’re alright. I mean Cordelia told us…”

“… that I’m pregnant. Yeah, I know.”

“I’m really sorry Buffy.” Xander said.

“Don’t be, I’m not. Me and my boyfriend are happy with this, I mean, it wasn’t planned but we’re happy with it.” Buffy explained.

“Cool. We won’t look down on you like Cordy, I thought that was real unfair what she did to ya Buff.” Xander said.

“Thanks. Oh I got history next Willow, wanna walk with me?” Buffy said.

“Sure.” Willow said.

“I got a English class to get to. I’ll see you two at lunch?”

“Yeah.” Buffy and Willow said in unison. They walked to history and spent the lesson passing notes to each other. Not really Willow’s style but she liked having a friend.


They met up with Xander at lunch and talked more and got to know each other. They joked about Cordy and the Cordettes. Buffy then went to see the head cheerleader about dropping out of the squad. It took some explaining but she got out of there before the bell. She went to afternoon classes, all of which Xander was in and was relieved to hear the last bell go.

“Ahh last bell, speaks “freedom” which I love.” Xander said.

“Exactly.” Buffy said. “Do you guys wanna come round my house this Saturday and ya know, watch a movie or somethin’?” Buffy asked.

“Sure, we’d love to.”

“Great, see you tomorrow.”

“Bye.” Buffy walked out of school and found that Spike’s DeSoto was parked outside. Buffy walked up to it and found Spike inside. Buffy’s face lit up but soon fell again when Cordelia and her latest boyfriend came by.

“Aww look. Poor Buffy, all pregnant and vulnerable.” Cordy said.

“Yeah, and her boyfriend looks like he’s stuck in the sixties and can’t find his way out.” Scott Hope, Cordy’s boyfriend, said. Spike got out of the car and stood right in Scott’s face.

“Your nose would look great with a different zip code mate. Leave me and my girl alone and I’ll let it stay the way it is.” Spike threatened and got back in the car. Buffy climbed in too and Spike drove off.

“This isn’t over yet blondie!” Scott called after the car. Cordy smiled and walked off with Scott’s arm around her.


Buffy sat at the kitchen counter next to Spike.

“Cordy told the whole school huh?” Spike asked.

“Yeah but it’s all good. I’ve just now only realised how much I really want this baby.” Buffy said and smiled. “I love you.”

“I love you too Kitten.”

“I gotta go do homework now. See ya.” Buffy said and walked upstairs to do her math. Spike was glad she was happier about the baby situation and decided that more people needed to know. He needed to get Buffy’s mom down to Beverly Hills so Buffy can tell her. Spike walked into the living room and rummaged through the bag that Buffy didn’t unpack. He found a phone book in it and looked through the pages. He finally found Buffy’s mom’s number and punched it in to the phone.

“Hello? Is this Mrs. Summers? Hello, I’m Buffy’s boyfriend and I just wanted to know if you’d like to come down and see Buffy for a while. See, she’s going through something now where she needs a mother figure and I thought that you could come and help… yes? Oh good. We also need to tell you something whilst you are here… no I can’t tell you now… Sunday? Yeah that’ll be great. Look forward to seeing you… bye.” Spike hung up and walked upstairs to find Buffy. He helped Buffy a little with he homework then they fell asleep. He thought he’d better not ruin things by saying her mother and her new husband were coming to stay. He’d tell her tomorrow. Spike wrapped his arms around Buffy and hugged her stomach. Sunday was gonna be a long day.