“Now begins the biggest movie fest that this house has ever seen.” Xander declared.

“That was really lame.” Willow said with her eyebrows raised. Buffy, Willow and Xander were sitting in the living room of Buffy’s house, surrounded by candy, popcorn and a stack of videos. Buffy had polished off half the bowl of popcorn and Xander hadn’t even put in the first video. Willow looked over at Buffy just as she shoved another handful of popcorn in her mouth.

“Wow, getting cravings already Buffy?” Willow said.

“Looks that way. Good thing it’s not like my mom’s. She used to eat pasta drenched in chocolate and later on she used to eat cotton in spaghetti sauce.”

“Ewww!” Willow exclaimed. They both started laughing. Xander put in the first movie and came back and sat down on the other side of Buffy.

“What are we watching?” Buffy asked.

“Apocalypse Now.” Xander said.

“Very scary.”

“That’s why we’re watching it. Gotta have a good scare now and again.”


An hour or so later, Buffy and Willow had fallen asleep and Xander was holding a pillow in front of his face, trying not to watch the movie and to stop him from getting scared. He gave up and ran to turn off the T.V. He sat on the other end of the couch and fell asleep.


Spike came downstairs the next morning to find out why Buffy didn’t come to bed the previous night. He walked into the living room to find Buffy, Willow and Xander fast asleep on the couch. He walked over to Buffy and placed a kiss on her head. She stirred and slowly opened her eyes.

“Hey.” Spike said.

“Hey back… oh god!” Buffy exclaimed before swiftly getting up and running towards the bathroom. Spike ran and followed her upstairs. By the time he got there, Buffy was sitting on the floor, trying to calm down.

“Morning sickness huh?” Spike asked.

“Yeah.” Buffy answered and gestured for Spike to come over and hug her. Spike sat down beside her and put his arms around her.

“We’d better go back downstairs, Willow and Xander are still here.” Buffy said. Spike nodded and followed Buffy down the stairs. When they got into the living room, they found Willow and Xander watching cartoons.

“Hey guys. This is Spike. Spike, this is Willow and Xander.”

“Hey. Spike?” Xander said.

“Yeah, it’s a nickname. I spiked the punch at my high school prom. That’s how I got it. Real name’s William Carter.” Willow and Xander nodded and went back to their cartoons. Buffy walked into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of water. Spike followed and went into the fridge to look for something to eat.

“What day is it?” He asked.

“Sunday.”

“Sunday! Oh shit!”

“What’s wrong?”

“Er… Buffy… there’s something I have to tell you…” Spike was interrupted by a knock at the door. Buffy ran to answer it. She opened the door and standing on the other side was a woman in her late thirties with blonde hair wearing sensible clothes that you’d normally wear to work.

“Mom!” Buffy exclaimed.

“Hello Buffy.” Her mom said. Buffy threw her arms around her mother and hugged her tightly. Then she ushered her inside. Spike had made her a cup of tea and gave it to her where she sat beside Buffy in the kitchen.

“Mom, what are you doing here?”

“Well Spike here said that you might need a woman for a little while to help you through something. He said you two would tell me about it once I got here.”

“Well Mom, you see… I’m pregnant.”

“That’s great Buffy!”

“I know you’re mad but… huh? What did you just say?!”

“I said that’s great Buffy. I’m happy for you, really I am.” Buffy was speechless at her mom’s reaction.

“Thank you Mrs. Summers. We are grateful that you are so happy for us. I was afraid that you wouldn’t approve.”

“That’s perfectly alright and I’m not Mrs. Summers, I’m now Mrs. Lawson but you can call me Joyce. Buffy, how’s your dad with all of this?”

“Oh he’s fine but I decided not to live with him any more because Angel is moving back in.” Buffy said. “Where’s this husband of yours then Mom?”

“He’ll be round later. He just had to take care of some business.”

“Okay.”


A few hours later, Joyce had checked into a hotel and Buffy and Spike were cuddling on the couch whilst watching Bring It On. Willow and Xander had gone home when they heard Buffy and Joyce talking about the baby.

“What shall we call the baby, I mean, he has to have a name right?” Spike said.

“He? How do you know it’ll be a boy?”

“I dunno, takes after his daddy?”

“Face it, there’s a fifty percent chance it’ll be a girl. And we’ll call her Dawn. You can pick the name if it’s a boy.”

“William jr. But we’ll call him Billy.” Buffy smiled and snuggled back down into his embrace.


That night, Buffy and Spike slept, both dreaming about the baby. What would be in store for them in nine months time?