Chapter 13



Buffy couldn’t make a move without him being aware of it. It wasn’t because he was keeping track of her. The connection between them was growing stronger every day they were together. She was becoming a part of him. He listened to the water being turned off, signaling she was finished washing the breakfast dishes, and then to the sound of her hanging the towel on the rack, and finally to the padding of her feet on the tile. Spike smiled in anticipation, putting down the book he was reading while he waited for her to come to him.

“Spike,” Buffy said, standing in the doorway. “I finished the dishes.”

“Thank you,” Spike responded, sitting up. “I need to talk to you for a minute.” He held his hand out to her. “Come here.”

“Okay.”

She smiled at him as she took his hand and sat on the bed next to him. There was such a childlike air to her now. No longer broken, but still not the adult she should have been at her age.

Spike wrapped his arms around her waist so that he could pull her down on top of him. Without breaking the rhythm of the movement, he rolled them over so she was beneath him. Desire shot through him at the feel of her soft curves under him. It was always this way around this woman. It was as if he was only complete when he was deep inside of her.

He cupped her face before lowering his head to kiss her. She tasted sweet as she pressed her lips to his. It was a shame that he would have to burst the small bubble of contentment she’d found. Not only did he owe her the truth, but she needed to know so that she would be safe. Never did it cross his mind that she would go to Faith and Robin. She was his.

Breaking off the kiss, he rubbed his nose against hers before he kissed the tip. He held himself above her by propping himself on his elbows. The softness of her forlorn sigh floated across his face. She rested one hand on the small of his back while the other teased a trail down his naked chest with the barest touch of her fingertips. There was no lust in her actions, only a need for him to hold her, and he gave her that.

It wasn’t easy to find a way to start. She would be upset no matter how he told her. For a brief second he considered not telling her about the Scoobies’ attempt to bring her home. There was a possibility that she would never find out, but he’d learned a long time ago that his plans rarely worked out. It was better to tell her, so she could protect herself at all costs.

“Faith and Robin are in town looking for you,” Spike rushed out before he could change his mind. “I told them you weren’t interested.”

Buffy stiffened in his embrace as her fingers curled unconsciously into his waist. In her sudden anxiety, she seemed to forget her force as her nails tore into his flesh. Sliding onto the bed beside her, he broke her hold on him.

“I’m sorry,” she whispered when she realized what she’d done.

“It’s okay.”

It was. Spike squeezed her hand. She relaxed just a bit but he could smell her fear as if it were a living beast, ready to devour her fragile security.

“Will they find me?” Buffy asked, turning her head so that she could look at him. She would believe what he told her. He didn’t doubt it. She trusted him. Sometimes too much, but that wasn’t a point to ponder now. Getting her to feel safe was what was important. He traced her lips with the tip of one finger then tapped her chin.

“No, kitten, you’re safe here. I’ve made sure of it.”

“But I’m trapped here at the house?”

“Only by me,” Spike clarified. “They can’t force you to go back without facing kidnapping charges. You’re not a child.”

“All right,” Buffy said, smiling as she gave a cursory nod.

It would seem she’d made a decision. He breathed a sigh of relief as he recognized some of Buffy’s former strength in her answer. Maybe she was returning to him. Her fear seemingly dissipating as her body relaxed next to him.

“Just like that?” Spike asked, needing clarification to reassure him. He kissed her forehead as he waited for an answer.

“Yeah,” Buffy responded. “You said I am safe, so I’m safe. No reason to worry if there isn’t one, right?”

Spike laughed. “Okay, I can deal with that.” He shrugged as he smiled at her. “So, now that that is over with. What do you want to do today?”

“It looks like you already have something planned,” Buffy commented, tapping the book beside her.

“Doesn’t matter much.”

“Well, I was thinking,” she added, when he didn’t expand on his answer. “I might go lay out on the beach.” She paused. “I mean, if it’s all right with you?”

A sense of pride filled him at how quickly she was learning the rules. Never once in Sunnydale had he ever thought that she would allow him to be her master. Oh, there were the games they played where she would allow him the upper hand, but it never lasted long. Now, she was willingly being submissive to him, allowing him to make the decisions and protect her. There was no need to ask if she trusted him. It was evident in every word and gesture she made.

Spike also knew it wouldn’t last forever. There would come the day when she would be ready to tackle the world again, and it would be on her terms. For now, though, she didn’t want the world crushing her. She desired time to be able to figure out how who she wanted to be, away from the familiarity of her old life. This he could, and would, give her.

“Yes,” Spike said. “Stay in back of the house, and don’t wander off. Okay?”

“Uh-huh,” Buffy said, appearing delighted that she received permission to do something so ordinary. “Thank you.” She scooted around on the bed until she was on her knees, and then kissed his cheek before hopping off.

He wondered if this was the way she was before she was called, or the way she behaved as a child. Tilting his head, he contemplated whom he was dealing with as he watched her with amusement. She was sorting through the dresser with impatience, pushing clothes around until she found what she wanted. Triumphantly, she waved her bikini in the air.

It seemed he had a very sexy child on his hands. Would their lovemaking change with her attitude? Or would she continue to be all woman in his bed? It was something for him to discover, and his body tingled as she put on a small show for him. She slowly peeled the clothes from her body, and then pulled the bikini on with the same tantalizing display.

“Come here, Love,” Spike whispered, crooking his finger at her.

“Yes,” Buffy asked, coming to stand next to the bed.

Taking her by the hand, he directed her to straddle him. He followed the lines of her waist with his hands, before cupping the soft mounds of her breasts.

“Come to me when you’re done,” Spike said. His voice was raspy from the desire coursing through his body. “I want to make love to you with the smell of the sea, lotion and sweat coating your skin. I want to pull this off of you so I can kiss the lines left by the sun.”

“Please,” Buffy whimpered, leaning further into his hands. “I love you so much, Spike.”

“Not now,” Spike told her, pulling back. “Go, I’m going to sleep while you’re gone.”

Buffy didn’t say anything else, but he knew she would leave him be for a while, and then return later to wake him. It made him feel as secure in her love as she did in his.

~~~~~~~~



The sun’s rays felt good on her skin. Buffy stretched, digging her toes into the sand, before flipping over onto her stomach. She couldn’t remember the last time that she was able to be so decadent with her time. There was always someone demanding her attention, her skills, or just dumping on her because she was the favorite scapegoat. She didn’t love them enough, she didn’t spend enough time with them, or she wasn’t giving enough of herself to save the world.

She felt selfish being here. If they had their way, she would return to the States and reject the only man who ever really loved her because it was wrong for her to love such an evil being. Sighing, she buried her face in her arms, and tried to push away the responsibilities that weighed so heavily on her. This time she wasn’t giving in to all the things she should do. For the first time since she met Merrick, she was going to do exactly what she wanted.

Sighing, she wished the guilt would just back off some. It was one thing she couldn’t give to Spike, and even if she could, he wouldn’t take it. He never took the Scoobies all that seriously, not after they’d scorned him so many times. If she could go back and change things, she would never have hidden her feelings for him. She would have brought everything out into the light, letting her friends decided if they still wanted to hang around or not.

A trickle of sweat rolled down her back then disappeared into the waistband of her bikini bottom. It sent a chill through her overheated body. Suddenly, she wanted Spike, and the promise he’d made earlier. With a grin, she scrambled up, grabbing her towel before heading back to the house. The sand burned her feet, sending her hurrying for the verandah that promised cool shade. The drop in temperature was a welcome relief as she rinsed her feet under the hose next to the steps. She dried them with the towel, leaving it hanging over the back of the chair as she slipped inside the bedroom.

Just as he said, Spike was stretched out on the bed with one arm thrown carelessly above his head on the pillow. His eyes closed, and his jaw slack as if a snore would be uttered by a breathe he didn’t need. Buffy let her gaze linger for a moment on the serenity of his face before making the descent down his body. He really was a beautiful man, she admitted to herself for the first time. Well, not the first, since the thought had crossed her mind a thousand times before. It was different this time because she would own up to this attraction to whoever asked or would listen to the babbles of a woman in love.

Buffy crawled onto the bed, leaning down to kiss the soft space of his stomach between his belly button and the waistband of his jeans. He didn’t respond, not even when she dipped her tongue into the small valley, and she decided to be bolder by placing her hand over his denim-covered cock. She let her fingers trace the length as she kissed a path upwards toward his chest. It was then that he finally stirred, literally, as he grew hard beneath her palm.

“Kitten,” Spike whispered, as he fought himself to return to wakefulness. “Don’t stop.”

She didn’t plan on it. Her hand moved upwards to unbutton his jeans before carefully bringing the zipper down. This time it was flesh upon flesh when she cupped him, caressing his length as it reached its full size, resting upon his belly.

“What do you want?” Buffy asked, her thumb stroking the tip in gentle sweeping motions. “Do you want this?” She swept her tongue along the length of him. “Or do you want something else?” She looked up to connect with eyes the color of the sea at night revealing the depth of his yearning for her. It only made her want to please him even more. She rose to her knees above him, crawling upwards until she was kneeling above his erection. “Maybe this?” She asked, drifting her fingers over the triangle of material covering her most intimate parts.

“Whatever I want?” Spike asked, grabbing her hips and pulling her down on top of him.

She yelped in surprise at the suddenness of his movement. No longer was she in control. Not that it really bothered her. There were other ways to be in control as she wiggled against him. His growl let her know that in a subtle way she was still holding the power. She smiled as she rubbed her pussy along the length of his cock.

“Whatever,” Buffy whispered, never breaking the contact between their eyes. “I’m willing.”

“Trust me, do you, pet?”

“Yes, I trust you.”

This time she didn’t play coy, or pretend she didn’t want whatever dark game he was thinking of playing. He smiled at her answer, filling her with an insane sense of pride that she could make him happy.

“I won’t hurt you,” Spike promised. “Lie on your back.”

Not hesitating, she rolled off him, and positioned herself as instructed. Already she was quivering at the thought of what he might do to her body. He never left her unsatisfied, and she tingled in anticipation. She watched as he crouched beside her, studying her body as she’d done with his just a few moments ago.

“On your stomach,” he instructed, not moving as she rolled over. “Good girl,” he said, kissing her lower back as he straddled her legs. He tugged her bikini bottoms down, crawling backwards as he drew them down her legs. Already forgotten, he dropped them over the side. He returned his attention to her back, kissing along her spine while he held her hips. “So beautiful,” he said. “Remember back in my crypt when I handcuffed you?”

“Yes,” Buffy responded.

“Do you remember what I told you to say if things became too much for you?”

“Yes.”

“Good,” Spike replied, sitting on her bottom. He massaged her shoulders, moving down along her back, forcing the tension to leave her too tight muscles. “Use it if you need it.”

Buffy nodded. He was her light, and she would follow him by choice. It felt safe with him, no matter how bad things got between them. She’d made the right decision to come with him. Sighing, she allowed him to roll her over again, separating her legs so he could lie between them.

“I love you, Spike,” She whispered, as he drove deep within her heat. He draped her legs over his shoulders. His hands balancing them on either side of her while she gripped the headboard behind her. The balance of power between them would change again, but only when they were ready, and once again it might be only temporary. Until then she was happy letting him be in control of their lives.

“Mine,” Spike growled. His eyes turned to amber as his thrusts increased in strength. Buffy tightened her legs around his neck while she met each downward motion. It was the only thing that mattered, this fucking between them. Their bodies joining in an abandonment that made them lose sight of everything else. It was harsh, but it was theirs and she felt her body spiraling toward the ultimate release.

Spike grabbed her legs behind the knees, spreading her out even more beneath him. She quaked from the strain on her muscles, but the pleasure was outweighing the pain as she squirmed, trying to force him deeper. She was so close that she only needed a moment more when she felt his body tighten, and the rush of his orgasm coating her insides. She almost mewled in disappointment when he vamped out. He smiled, displaying fangs before he sank them deep in the softness of her inner thigh.

It was the most delicious pain she’d ever experienced sending her body into a frenzy of releases that came one upon another. She screamed his name as she fought for purchase in the dizzying assault of sensations. Her hands sought an anchor on the bed, having lost their former grip, and she felt him grabbing them.

“I’m here, love, I’m here,” he whispered as he held her close to him. “I’ve got you.”

And he did.


to be continued…