Chapter 3

They were all just sitting in the hospital room not saying anything when Willow suddenly popped into the room out of nowhere. Spike jumped a little because he wasn’t used to that and Willow just looked at everyone. “Hey, sorry I couldn’t come sooner. How is she doing?” She asked as she walked over to Buffy.

“Nothing’s really changed, Red. She’s still in a coma. It might be a while before she wakes up and I need to know what happened to her now.” Willow nodded as she looked at Buffy and then back at Spike.

“You remember that spell I did a few years ago when Buffy went catatonic? The one that had me going inside her head?” Spike nodded when he remembered.

“Yeah, you can do that again?” Willow nodded also.

“I can do better than that. I’ll do the spell, but this time I won’t be the one to go inside her head. You will.” She said to Spike and he didn’t seem convinced.

“I don’t know about that. I could screw something up, you should probably do it.” Willow shook her head.

“You won’t screw anything up. She needs to talk to you, Spike. I know you want to talk to her, too. This could be your only chance.” Spike wouldn’t believe that, but he nodded and accepted what she was telling him.

“Okay, I’ll do it.” Willow smiled at him.

“Good, all you have to do is lay down next to Buffy and I’ll handle the rest.” Spike nodded and did as she said. Willow then realized something as she looked at Spike. “By the way, Spike. Congratulations on being human again.” Spike seemed surprised that she knew that and then gave her a smile in return. Dawn seemed surprised also as she looked at him and then at Willow.

“I can’t believe I didn’t even notice that.” Willow looked at her.

“Well, you’ve had a lot on your mind.” Dawn nodded and then got back to the point.

“This won’t hurt him, will it?” She asked a little worried and Willow shook her head.

“He should be fine.” She said to Dawn as she turned her attention back on Spike. “Just relax and close your eyes.” He did as she said. She then placed her hand on his head and her other hand on Buffy’s. She closed her eyes also and said a few words in Latin that Dawn didn’t recognize. She stood next to Andrew as they both watched Willow in silence. Willow then opened her eyes to see that Spike was now unconscious, too. She looked at Dawn and Andrew. “It’s done; I just hope he can get through to her.” Willow said and they both agreed as they waited to see what would happen.