Chapter 4

Spike looked around at his surroundings and all he could see was a lot of fog. He looked around to see if he could spot Buffy and it was times like this that he missed having his enhanced vision. “Buffy!” He yelled and all he heard was an echo. “This can’t be good.” He said to himself as he continued to look around. He walked for what seemed to be forever when he finally saw something up ahead. He walked closer and saw Buffy sitting down on the ground. She was hugging her knees and she seemed to be lost in thought. Spike walked over to her and kneeled down beside her and she didn’t even look at him. “Buffy? Can you hear me, pet?” She finally looked at him after a few minutes.

“You’re not here.” She whispered to him and Spike reached out to touch her face, so she would know that he was.

“It’s really me, Buffy. I’m right here.” She looked away from him and he tried to keep the conversation going. “What happened to you, love? Why did you do this to yourself?” He asked as he took both of her wrists in his hands and saw that the cuts were still there. She pulled her hands away and looked down.

“He...He told me to.” She said in a quiet voice and he was hardly able to hear her. He cupped her chin and made her look back at him.

“Who told you to?” He noticed that she seemed to have tears in her eyes as she answered.

“He said that the world would be better off without me. He...He said that if he couldn’t have me then no one could.” Spike grew angry at what he was hearing.

“Who said that? Was it the Immortal, did he make you do this?” Buffy looked away from him and nodded. Spike felt like ripping his head off for hurting her. He really missed his vampire strength right about now. “How did he make you do this, Buffy?” He asked her and she looked back at him.

“He has a way of getting inside my head when I’m sleeping. He told me to kill myself and I tried not to, but it was like I had no control over my actions. I...I couldn’t stop it.” She said as the tears fell down her face and he wrapped his arms around her. He then thought about what she said and pulled away from her to look at her face.

“Buffy, is he here now?” She shook her head.

“I don’t think so. I would usually be able to feel him.” Spike nodded and kissed her forehead. He really wished the wanker was in her head right now so he could give him a piece of his mind.

“I’m going to save you, Buffy. I’ll find a way to kill him for this. You just have to wake up and come back to us, love. We all need you, sweetheart. You’re the strongest person I’ve ever known; I know you can fight this.” Buffy shook her head.

“I don’t feel strong anymore.” Spike leaned closer to her and captured her lips with his in a sweet kiss. He rested his head on hers when he broke out of the kiss.

“I love you so much. Don’t ever forget that.” Buffy felt tears fall down her face at what he said.

“I love you. Please don’t leave me, Spike. I’m all alone here.” Spike felt tears of his own in his eyes.

“I will never leave you, but I have to go. I have to find a way to help you. I’ll be right by your side, Buffy. You just have to try and wake up. Can you do that for me, love?” Buffy nodded.

“I can try.” Spike smiled and kissed her again.

“That’s all I ask. I’ll see you again soon, alright?” Buffy nodded again and with that he was gone. She knew that he would help her and smiled for the first time in a while when she then heard some sinister laughing in the distance. Her skin grew cold as she saw the familiar man standing before her. He gave her a twisted smile.

“Well, this should be interesting.” He stated as he moved closer to her.