Chapter 5

Spike woke up and saw the worried expressions of everyone around him. He stood up and looked at Buffy who still hasn’t moved. “Well, did it work?” Dawn asked and Spike turned back to them. He nodded and they could notice an angry expression on his face. “What happened, Spike?” Dawn wondered and Spike took a breath before he spoke.

“You were right, nibblet. He is responsible for this. Buffy said he has the power to get inside her head and make her do things. He wanted her to kill herself; she said she had no control over it.” Dawn gasped at what he said. She couldn’t believe that someone could do that to Buffy, but she never did like the Immortal anyway.

“How can we help her wake up?” Dawn said and Spike shook his head.

“We just have to be here for her. She has to pull out of this one on her own.” Dawn nodded and Willow put her arm around the younger girl.

“It’ll be fine, Dawny. Buffy can do this.” Dawn nodded again.

“Yeah, Buffy’s like really strong and stuff. Just like Wonder Woman. She’ll be fine.” Andrew said and Dawn looked at him and then the others around her.

“I know, I just really wish I knew if she was okay.” Spike got up and went to Dawn’s side. He hugged the girl to him and kissed the top of her head.

“She’s okay, pet. I know she is, she’ll be back with us soon.” Dawn nodded against his chest and really hoped he was right. Buffy was having a battle of her own inside her head. She stood up and walked away from the Immortal as he got closer to her.

“You really thought you could just leave me, Buffy. You know I wouldn’t allow that.” Buffy backed into a wall that was suddenly behind her.

“I’m not afraid of you, Alec.” He hated when she called him by his real name. He then laughed at her attempt to try and keep the fear out of her voice.

“Who did you think you were fooling? I can smell your fear.” He got in her face and caressed her cheek. She didn’t even flinch at his touch and kept her eyes on his.

“Why are you doing this? I thought you cared about me.” His gaze softened for a moment as he answered her.

“I do care about you, baby. That’s why I won’t let you go. The only way you can ever wake up is if you defeat me and we both know that’s not going to happen. It’ll be okay though. This way we can be together forever.” He said as he grabbed her by the back of the head and smashed his lips to hers in a bruising kiss. Buffy tried to push him away, but it seemed to be harder than usual. The others were watching Buffy when they suddenly saw her move.

“Spike, something’s wrong with her.” Dawn said as Spike went to her side. He saw that her face seemed to be in pain and she was twitching, but her eyes were still closed.

“Something’s happening inside of her mind.” Willow said before Spike could. Dawn continued to look worried.

“What is it? You said she was okay.” Dawn stated as she looked at Spike. He didn’t know what was wrong either until a thought came into his head.

“It’s the Immortal. He must be in her head again.” He told them and Dawn gasped in shock.

“Oh, god. What is he doing to her?” Spike shook his head.

“By the looks of things nothing good.” He replied as he continued to watch Buffy.

“You have to help her, Spike. You have to go back in there.” Spike shook his head again as he looked at Dawn.

“There’s nothing I can do. This is her fight; she’s the only one that can face him.” He went to Buffy’s side and grabbed her hand in his. “You hear that, love? You have to fight him, so you can come back to us. I know you can hear me, Buffy. I’m right here with you. You’re stronger than him, you can do this. You have to do this. I need you, Buffy. Please come back to me.” She kept twitching and her eyes were fluttering. Spike really hoped that she heard him.