Chapter 6

You have to fight him so you can come back to us. I know you can hear me, Buffy. I’m right here with you. You’re stronger than him, you can do this. You have to do this. I need you, Buffy. Please come back to me. Buffy opened her eyes when she heard Spike’s voice and then pushed the Immortal away with all the strength that she had left in her. He looked at her with a shocked expression on his face as she wiped her mouth with the back of her hand. “Well, that was gross.” She said as she walked closer to him, suddenly feeling a lot more confident. He wasn’t impressed.

“You think you can fight me, Slayer? You are no where near as powerful as I am.” Buffy glared at him before she spoke.

“Maybe not, but I have something that you don’t.” He just gave her a smile.

“What would that be?” He asked as he crossed his arms over his chest and this time Buffy was the one that smiled.

“Family,” she said as she bent down and kicked him in the leg causing him to fall. “You see, they tend to give me back my confidence.” He got up right after and Buffy could tell that she really pissed him off.

“You will pay for that!” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“Is that all you can say? Come on, what happened to all the sweet talk? You’re not such a charmer anymore, are you? This must really suck for you. I’m guessing you’ve never really been rejected before. So, how does it feel?” She said with a smile and he ran at her with incredible speed and grabbed her around the neck and she didn’t even flinch.

“You will not reject me!” Buffy rolled her eyes again as she stared at him a thought forming in her head.

“There’s also something else you didn’t realize. We’re inside my head, dumbass. That means I control what’s going to happen.” She then closed her eyes and a stake suddenly appeared in her hand. She gripped it and slammed it into his cold heart. He jerked away from her and laughed at the stupidity of her actions.

“You think this will stop me? I’m not a vampire, little girl. Perhaps you should look up what being Immortal really means.” He stated as he pulled the stake out of his chest and threw it down. He didn’t need weapons to handle her. Buffy nodded and walked closer to him.

“Trust me; I know all about what being immortal means. I knew that wouldn’t kill you, bet it hurt though. I also know that everyone has a weakness. Everyone dies whether they’re immortal or not. Vampires think they’re immortal, but they’re really not, are they? I mean all it takes is a stake through the heart or sunlight.” Buffy then closed her eyes again and this time a huge sword appeared in her hand. She opened her eyes to look at her new weapon and then at the Immortal who suddenly looked nervous. Buffy smiled at him. “I guess I forgot to mention beheading. That pretty much kills anything really. Seen any good movies lately, Alec? If you have then you should know by now that the bad guys never win.” With that said she threw the sword toward him and it moved so fast that the Immortal couldn’t even dodge it as it chopped his head off in one quick swipe. Buffy then watched as he disintegrated into nothing. “Well, what do you know? Just like a vampire.” She said as she suddenly felt dizzy and the next thing she knew she was opening her eyes to see that she was in a hospital room surrounded by familiar faces that she was very grateful for.

“Spike, she’s awake!” She heard Dawn say and Spike then got up from where he was sitting and noticed that Buffy’s eyes were open and staring at him. He smiled and got closer to her.

“Welcome back, love. I knew you could do it.” She smiled also even though she still felt weak.

“I heard you calling.” She said in a quiet voice and Spike sighed in relief as he bent down to kiss her on the head. Buffy then reached out and grasped his hand in hers. “Don’t go away again.” He nodded and this time gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

“I’m not going anywhere, Buffy. I’ll stay here for as long as you want me to.” She took a deep breath before she answered him.

“Does forever work for you?” He smiled and nodded again.

“Sounds like a plan.” Buffy smiled also and started to feel herself dozing off again, but she tried to keep her eyes open longer.

“I’m going to get the doctor. See when we can take her home.” Willow said as she looked at Spike and then Buffy. “I’m glad you’re okay.” She told her and Buffy gave her friend a small smile.

“Thank you,” she whispered as she finally closed her eyes. She couldn’t keep them open any longer. Willow left to get the doctor and Spike turned to Dawn and Andrew who were sitting close together, Andrew with his arm around her.

“I think we should let her rest. Why don’t I take you two home? You could probably use some sleep, too.” Dawn nodded and stood up along with Andrew. She walked over to her sister first and placed a kiss on the top of her head.

“I’ll see you soon, Buffy.” Dawn whispered to her and then headed back over to Andrew. Spike took one more look at Buffy before he walked out of the hospital room with Dawn and Andrew right behind him.