Chapter 7

Spike helped Buffy into her apartment, not wanting to let go of her. The doctor was surprised at her quick recovery and said that she would be able to go home the next day. Everyone decided to give them some privacy as Spike helped her into her room. He closed the door once they were inside and helped Buffy into her bed. He got in next to her and wrapped his arms around her. “How do you feel, love?” Buffy looked up at him.

“I feel okay, just a little tired.” Spike nodded and kissed the top of her head.

“You should get some sleep.” She shook her head as she sat up.

“No, I’ve slept enough. I want to talk to you.” Spike took a deep breath.

“What do you wanna talk about?” He asked her. Buffy was about to answer him when she looked outside her window and smiled as she noticed the sun shining right on Spike. She looked back at him.

“I can’t believe I was so out of it that I didn’t even realize you’re in the sunlight.” Spike smiled at her realization.

“Yeah, I was wondering when you would notice.” Buffy still couldn’t believe it as she answered him.

“How did this happen?” Spike sighed.

“Long story, pet. Let’s just say that it was my gift for saving the world, again.” He stated and she nodded in understanding.

“Spike, why didn’t you come see me sooner? Andrew said that you were back pretty much the whole time since what happened in Sunnydale.” Spike sighed again as he thought about what he would tell her.

“I’m sorry, Buffy. I really wanted to see you, I just wasn’t sure how. I was a coward basically, too afraid of you rejecting me. Then when me and Angel came here a little while ago and found out you were with the Immortal I figured you were happy. Even though he wouldn’t have been my first choice. So, we both headed back to LA and decided to move on, but I have to admit that I was never one at doing that well. You’re still the only one I want, Buffy. The only one I could ever want. That’s why I came back to you now. I didn’t care about you being with the Immortal. I figured that since I was human and all you might want me, maybe choose me over him. I had no idea what would have happened to you though.” He stated and Buffy grasped his hand in hers.

“Spike, even if you came to me as a vampire I would still want you. I’ve been so miserable without you. The Immortal didn’t really mean anything to me. He was just someone that took my mind off of things. I never once forgot about you.” Spike smiled at her. He moved closer to her and placed a sweet kiss on her lips.

“I love you, Buffy.” He whispered and she gave him a smile in return.

“I love you, too. I really do, Spike.” He gave her another kiss and then pulled away to look into her eyes.

“I believe you.” She smiled again and rested her head on his chest. They lay there in silence when Buffy decided to break the quiet again.

“Spike, what happened to Angel?” She wondered and he looked at her.

“He survived if that’s what you’re wondering. I guess I should tell you that he’s also human now.” Buffy looked up to see the fear on Spike’s face. She shook her head and couldn’t believe that Spike would still think that she would go back to Angel.

“Don’t even think it, Spike. Whether he’s human or not, it doesn’t matter to me. I meant it when I said I loved you. I love only you.” She said and he sighed in relief and then smiled.

“I wasn’t worried.” Buffy rolled her eyes.

“Sure you weren’t. So, where is he? I’m surprised he came back here without you.” Spike nodded and wondered how she would take the rest of his news.

“Well, it looks like Angel had somewhere else to be. He met this bird a little while ago that he’s been somewhat involved with. He still isn’t really sure about what to call her, but I can tell he cares for her. Anyway, he sent her out of LA right before the big battle so she would be safe and I’m guessing he went after her.” Buffy nodded and accepted what he was saying and realized that she didn’t feel jealous at all.

“That’s good for him, I’m glad he found someone.” Spike decided to tell her the rest.

“There’s something else. She isn’t your average bird. She happens to be a werewolf.” Buffy’s eyes grew big at that and then she confused Spike by smiling.

“Are you serious?” Spike nodded and was still wondering why she found it so amusing.

“Didn’t realize Peaches being with a werewolf was funny.” Buffy shook her head.

“No, it’s just that Xander also has a new woman in his life who happens to be a werewolf.” Spike seemed surprised by that.

“Harris is seeing a werewolf? Have to admit I never would have seen that coming.” Buffy nodded.

“I know, he met her in Africa. I’ve only talked to him a few times, but what I know is that her name is Kat and that he really likes her. He said the werewolf thing doesn’t even bother him as long as he takes extra precaution when it’s that time of the month. Xander has really changed. Losing Anya was really hard for him. He would hardly talk to anyone after we left Sunnydale, but being in Africa and meeting her seemed to really change him. He’s even thinking about marriage again and I think he might actually go through with it this time. I’m really happy for him and I hope that I get to meet her soon.” Spike nodded and wondered about everyone else.

“How is everyone else doing?” He asked her and she looked at him.

“They’re doing fine. Giles is head of the new Watcher’s Council in England. Robin and Faith have been traveling around the world finding new Slayers. They’ve been dating for a few months now. Willow and Kennedy have been staying in Brazil and Willow can teleport whenever we need her which really comes in handy. She’s even teaching Kennedy some spells because she actually wanted to learn. Andrew also works with Giles at the new Council, but he’s been staying here for a little while now. I’m thinking Giles really wants him out of the way and Andrew seems to love Italy, so he’s okay with being here.” Spike smiled when he thought of another reason.

“It could also be because of your sister.” Buffy looked at him not sure what he was getting at.

“What does Dawn have to do with anything?” She wondered.

“I’m just saying that I’ve been noticing the way they are with each other. I don’t know if anything is going on, but I have a feeling that they have a little soft spot for the other.” Buffy shook her head.

“They’re just really close like brother and sister these days. I don’t think they’re interested in each other like that. I thought Andrew was gay.” Spike smiled and shook his head, remembering those two beautiful Italian women that Andrew was with the last time he was there.

“Whatever you say, love.” He said as he wrapped his arms around her. She rested her head back on his chest. She would be having a talk with Dawn later, but right now she just wanted him to hold her.

“I’m really glad you’re here.” She told him and he kissed the top of her head.

“Me too, baby. Me too.” He replied as they both soon drifted off into a peaceful sleep.

The End

I know it was short and that’s not the best ending, but I didn’t know what else to do with this. Thanks to those that reviewed, I appreciate it=)