Chapter 11

“I’m going to rip off that bugger’s head and feed it to him!”

“Whoa there, mister. Take it down a notch, honey.”

“Has he been bothering you?” William asked as he paced. “Why didn’t you tell me about him?”

“William, he’s just an assistant to Jenny, my photo TA.” Buffy watched as William continued to pace, muttering colorful language, and imitating Riley in a high-pitched voice. “Just settle down, I’ll get rid of him.”

Buffy walked towards the door preparing to leave, but a hand spun her around. Before she could react, she was pressed against the wall and William’s tongue plundered her mouth, leaving her breathless.

“This is what kept me awake during the last week…what worried me. You’re mine.” William held back a sob, sinking to his knees, and clutching her legs. “I will not let that country bumpkin or any other wanker take you away. We’ve worked too hard for this, waded through all that angsty, emotional rot. Don’t leave me, Buffy. Don’t leave me.”

Buffy fell to the floor with him, crying too and whispering words of comfort and love. “I’ll never leave you.”
***

“You’re a dumbass,” Anya told Riley as she walked past him. He continued to wait on the couch twiddling his thumbs.
***

“Buffy?”

“I’m here.” Buffy wiggled closer to William as they lay on the floor of her bedroom, his body spooning hers.

“Sorry ‘bout that, Buffy.”

“Don’t be.” Buffy captured his nearest hand and brought it to her heart. “I do belong to you, William. Have for a long time. You’re mine too, you know. You’re such a good man, just suffering from a little heartbreak. Your heart can heal; I want to doctor it myself.” Buffy turned and kissed his cheek. “I love you.”

“My Buffy, what would I do without you?” William sighed and kissed her hair.

’She will shake your heart…so true. Thank you Joyce.’
***

“I’m not happy with you, you know that?” Anya had been making humorous angry faces at Buffy all morning. “He did not leave until midnight. Midnight!”

“Anya I--.”

“Do you know how boring he is? Do you? See this pencil? I was this close to sticking it in my eye! He wouldn’t even be worthy of a night of careless gratification!”

“Sorry, I owe you one.”

“Oh yeah you do. I haven’t even gotten started on the injustice of your boyfriend sleeping over.”

’Boyfriend? Is William my boyfriend? What we are to each other seems much more than a commonly used high school term. Is he my lover? Buffy’s nose wrinkled and that one. We are more than sex. More than really good, mind blowing sex. Hmmm, something to stress about later. Joy.’

“Earth to Buffy!”

“Huh? Oh. What?”

“I was giving you my outlandish demands and you weren’t listening! Well, actually, that’s okay. I will make a list. You may return to your deep thoughts now. I must go to class. Until later.”

“Later.”
***

When Buffy returned to her bedroom, she feasted her eyes on William. He was lying on his back, with a curly bed head and a cell phone to his ear. Buffy loved how he looked tangled up in her pink floral sheets.

’Look at my Big Bad now.’ Buffy sat on the bed with him, wrapping an arm around his bent leg and propping her chin on his knee. ‘We’re so much closer. To what? I have no clue, but it will be good. Worth it.’

“How’s everything on your end?” William’s foot had somehow found its way between her legs, and he wiggled his toes as he asked his question.

“Good, I guess. Anya’s all bad moody. I should probably go to class today, especially since I have to crush Riley’s little heart.”

“Break it good, kitten.”

“Hey, you control those toes! Be nice Spikey. He isn’t that bad. Maybe a little goofy but he was always nice to me.”

“Sure pet, whatever you say, but he’s not the brightest. When do you get out of your classes?”

“Why?” Buffy asked grinning ear-to-ear.

William sat up and pulled her on top of him. “Cause I’m not leaving until late tomorrow. I was a good boy, you see, and I got my homework in on time, so the boss is going to let me play.”

Buffy melted as he placed baby kisses on her ear. She soon felt hands roaming under her shirt. “Maybe I won’t go to class…” Buffy wiggled on his lap and wove her arms around his neck.

“Nope. You’re going to class; I just wanted to give you something to think about as you squash Dudley Do-Right. Up now or you’ll be late for class.”
***

William felt old. Decked out in all black, he was dressed no differently than everyone else. His bleached hair was also trendy. But, he acted older than the college students that surrounded him.

William sat uncomfortably in the UC Sunnydale Student Union, drink in hand. He watched as almost naked women paraded by and as the men looked half asleep. ‘More fun than a zoo it is.’

As William observed the students, his mind went to Buffy. Last night had bothered him. William knew that Buffy wouldn’t cheat on him or lie to him. He knew that in his heart.

’So why did I panic?’ he thought. ‘Why did everything go wonky?’

The week without Buffy had been too much for him. He barely slept and struggled at work.

’What’s wrong with me? She’s just a girl. A girl I’ve known for how long? Barely going on five months.’ William tried to ignore the part of his head that whispered the answers to him.

We complete each other.

I can ask her anything, mid-sentence even, and she knows where I’m coming from.

She makes me happy.

All I do is think about her. My Buffy. So beautiful. So strong. So lovely.

I can’t live without her. I ache for her.


His brain recognized his behavior and thoughts. It was how he felt and how acted before he had asked Joyce to marry him.

William held his head in his hands. ‘I wonder if Sunnyhell has a good jewelry store.’
***

“Hey, pet.”

“Hi!” William accepted Buffy’s quick kiss and embrace. “You have no idea how happy I am, seeing you between classes.”

William grinned, “I have an idea. Pet, you should let go now.”

“Ok.” She grinned, pulling back and taking the seat closest to him. “So what have you been up to? Scaring the college kiddies?”

“I wandered around campus a bit. Actually the college kiddies are scaring me. I forgot how being at a university felt.”

“Did you go in England?”

William noticed her eyes glaze over. “Yeah, and I’ll squash your dreams now. There wasn’t that much tweed.”

Buffy looked down, slightly embarrassed. “Damn, you were totally reading my mind.”

“How many classes do you have left?”

“Two. Photo--dum, dum, dum--and poetry. Um, poetry is a lecture class, over a hundred people easy. You know, I’m sure the professor won’t notice an extra body.” Buffy looked up innocently. “I’d love it if you’d join me.”

William smirked, “I think I’ll just do that.”

“Great! Meet me outside the art building. Do you know where it is?”
***

“Riley, can I talk to you?”

“Sure, give me a minute. We can use the office.”

Buffy took a deep breath, refusing to sit.

Riley also stood with hands in his pockets. “Wait let me. Buffy, you’re the strangest girl I’ve ever met. I think you have the strangest way with words but you have a huge heart. I really like you, Buffy. I think we would be great together. When I’m around you my knees feel weak and all I can think is ‘does she like cheese?’”

“Huh? Cheese?”

“You see, my heart beats uncontrollably and my head just stops working. I want us to work; I want to know if you’ll go out with me tomorrow night.”

“Riley--.” Buffy cut herself off. ‘Maybe a few months ago. Scratch that, definitely a few months ago. I would have jumped on the Riley train. Maybe I’d love him. Maybe. But I haven’t felt any sparks with Riley. No sparkage at all, especially when I compare him with William. Mmmm…William.’ Buffy’s heart sped up just thinking about him, knowing he was on campus. “Riley...” Buffy closed her eyes not knowing where to begin.

“I’ll take that for what it is.”

Buffy opened her eyes as she felt Riley’s lips on hers. “Off! Off!” She wiped her mouth off with the back of her hand. “Ew! I was going to be nice but…”
***

“Buffy?” At least William thought Buffy was the blonde who stomped past him, hands balled into fists.

“What! Oh, William.”

He was pulled into a steamy kiss as Buffy grabbed his ass.

“Nice to see you too, sweets,” he croaked, lost in a Buffy-induced haze.

Breathing heavy, Buffy turned from William and stuck her tongue out at Riley, who was watching and clearly stunned. “Let’s go, William.”
***

“Hey, good looking”

“Faith, do not mess with me. Not now.”

“I wasn’t talking to you, sister. I was talking to the stud next to you.”

William almost felt sorry for the girl as she moved her hips suggestively towards him. ‘She’s gonna get it.’

“Faith, William is not just a big hunk of man for you to gnaw on--.”

“I don’t want to gnaw, I want to--.”

“Finish that sentence and I’ll--.” Before Buffy could jump on Faith, William grabbed her arms, holding her back.

“Buffy, luv.”

Breathing heavy, through clenched teeth, Buffy growled at Faith. “William and I are together! You ho!”

“Wow, B. Banging your step-daddy, color me proud.”

“Buffy, let’s go. Come on, please?” William pleaded in her ear, as she struggled in his arms. The girls were attracting quite a crowd and he saw a security guard approaching in the corner of his eye. ‘Can’t let her do something stupid…’

“Come on and get me, B. Bring it on. I can take you.”

“Buffy, you’re better than her. So much better. Let me take you from here. Please?”

Buffy allowed William’s voice to calm her. “I am better than her. I have you, don’t I?
***

“I guess it didn’t go well with Finn, yeah?”

“He kissed me.”

Buffy tensed as she felt the car swerve. “Don’t worry. I hit him. Really hard. Twice.”

“Twice?”

“One in the eye and another in the stomach. I was getting my knee ready but he collapsed before I could get him between the legs.”

“You socked him?” He laughed and kissed her on the top of her head. “You’re amazing, kitten.”

“He’s a big dumb jerk.”

“I don’t have to worry about you, do I?”

“I think I take care of myself pretty well and if you weren’t there, I would’ve beaten the shit out of Miss Lack-o-Attention Span.”

“And you would’ve gotten in trouble.”

“It would’ve been worth it.”

“I’m sure, but try to stay out of jail, pet. What would your mother think if I let you get into the slammer?”

“Well, no one’s going to give me crap because we’re together.”

“I’m glad to hear it, love.”
***

Buffy nuzzled his arm; their bodies were pressed together side-by-side as William drove. She caressed his knee and started to feel better. They had been driving for awhile, enjoying the silence and just listening to the soft sounds of the radio.

“There’s nothing to do here in Sunnyhell. Nowhere to go.”

“Nope. We could go to the mall or well, that’s about it, unless you want more coffee…”

“No, thanks.”

“Okay, actually I was wondering if we could go home?”

“You sure?” William was pleased that she called the house her home. ‘If only I could keep her there. Lock her up and misplace the key…’

“Yeah, I want to go back. You eventually need to change your clothes.”

“Do I smell?”

“No,” Buffy giggled. “You smell good. That was my big, brilliant excuse to go home and have wild pool sex.”

William smirked, “We don’t need an excuse. That can be arranged, princess.”

“Good. Sorry for going all wiggy back there.”

“Forgiven. We’ve both gone a little nuts lately, yeah?”

Buffy kissed his cheek. “Hey, at least we’re entertaining.”

“That we are kitten.”

“William, before we leave Sunnydale, there is one place I think we need to go.”
***

“Hey love. I miss you. How’s everything? I bet you make all the other angels jealous with how gorgeous you make the harp playing and wings look, huh? I’m doing well, as you probably already know. I feel you watching me, keeping an eye on me. I’ve tried to be a good boy but it has been difficult. Can you believe our girl is in college? It’s killing me, empty-nest syndrome and all that rot. Ha. It’s insane. I wouldn’t give up anything though. Love her so much. I know I don’t have to tell you that you’re not being replaced, darling. No, you know you’ll always be in here, in my heart. I just want to make her happy. I want to marry her. Love you, Joyce.”
***

“I’m back.”

Buffy sat next to William on the cement bench, facing Joyce’s grave. She had bought the prettiest bouquet that the florist near the cemetery had to offer. She placed in on the ground and sighed.

“I’ll go so you can talk to her in peace.”

“No.” Buffy tugged on his pants as he tried to leave. “Stay.”

William held Buffy’s hand as she silently stared into the distance, the wind gently blowing her hair.
***

Buffy kissed her palm and laid it on the gravestone. “Thank you, mom. I’ll take good care of him, I promise. Talk to you later.”
***

“We should do something to the backyard.”

“Like what?”

“Trees. Flowers and stuff.”

“We can do that.”

“Oh, and maybe a garden too. A vegetable garden.”

“Okay.”

“And I want to come home more often too. Is that okay? Only on weekends is hell. I miss you too much. I know it will be a pain for you to drive me back and forth but--.”

“I like that idea.”

Buffy smiled. “Can I have a--?”

“Just stop right there. I know that devilish twinkle. I’d do anything for you, kitten; give you anything--within reason.”

“That’s why I love you, William.”

“That’s the only reason, huh?”

“Yup, sorry.”

“Don’t make me pull over and show you another reason why you love me.”

“Is that a threat or a promise?” Buffy’s hand snaked in between his legs as she bit her lip.

“Buffy.”

“What?” she said, innocently. “You offered.”
***

“I’m going to need your help, since I ditched my poetry lecture.”

William was salivating as she waded towards him in the pool. It had been a long ride home since she had lightly stroked his crotch, not enough to make him wet his pants but enough to drive him crazy.

“What was today’s subject?”

William had swept her up in his arms as soon as they got home. Buffy tickled him as he carried her through the door.

“Oh, um John Clarke.”

It taken some coaxing on William’s part but after a few minutes, Buffy agreed to the skinny-dipping.

“Ooh, he has some brilliant poems.”

Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck. They had decided the shallow end of the pool would be best. The water’s level allowed them both to stand feet flat. Buffy’s nipples were not concealed completely by the water.

“So I’ve heard,” she purred, squishing her body flush against his.

Then the kisses began. Long, tasty kisses involving exploring tongues and lots of moaning.

“Hmmm…William...”

“Lots of love.” Buffy leaned back as William glided south and began worshipping her breasts. “Lots of…” William gasped when he felt a small hand circle his cock. He gulped, “…lust.”

“Tell me,” she whispered, kissing his Adam’s apple and moving down to nibble his chest. ‘I like this. He probably will too.’ Buffy attacked his flat nipples and then continued to move down.

“Buff--Buffy.”

“Hmmm?” She looked up at him mischievously from his belly button.

“Need you now.”

“Now, huh?” Buffy stood up but continued to stroke him between his legs.

“Now.” William grabbed her waist and tried to pick her up, thinking she could wrap her legs around him.

“No.”

“No?”

“No.” Buffy kissed him once more and searched his dilated eyes. “You want to…from behind?”

’She’s going to be the death of me.’ William watched as Buffy faced the edge of the pool. She reached behind her and tugged on his cock twice, her eyes pleading. “Hold on, kitten. Move closer to the wall, so we can get situated.”

William kissed her shoulder and muttered, “Love you more each day.” He pressed his erection into her back. “Always.” She sniffled in response. Not stirring from his position, he blindly wiped away her tears. “Open up for me, sweets.” William guided himself into her heat, gasping at the perfect fit. “You good?” His arms wrapped around her chest and waist, and Buffy nodded in response. “Move with me.”

Buffy continued to cry softly as they leisurely bounced in the water. “William...”

“I loved thee, though I told thee not.”

“Oh God.”

“Right eerily and long.”

“Harder…ah…harder, please.”

“Thou wert my joy in every spot.”

“William--don’t stop.”

“My theme in every song.”

William couldn’t continue, as Buffy squirmed and lost control in front of him. Her nails were drawing blood as she held onto his thighs instead of the pool’s edge. He couldn’t hold back any longer. His hand found her clit and applied enough pressure to make her explode. William came with her, moaning her name. “The bloody neighbors are going to hate us.”
***

“I didn’t want to make you cry, sweetheart. Was it okay?”

They remained in the pool hugging, her face against his chest, as she continued to cry.

“Oh, I loved it. I missed seeing your pretty eyes but I liked it a lot. Couldn’t you tell?” Buffy sniffled and kissed he chest. “You--your words were too much. These are I’m-so-incredibly-happy-I-love-you-so-much-it-chokes-me-in-a-good-way tears.”

“Buffy, I know the feeling. I’m drowning in you.”

Buffy gazed into his eyes, smiling. “Is it weird we compare our love to choking and drowning? We are so strange and morbid.”

William laughed, “Alike and the same, you and me. You’re getting pruney, kitten. Let’s go inside.”
***

“Can I bring some of my stuff in here? I never really got settled in the other room,” Buffy said as she searched through the bags of lacy underwear that she never put away.

“You want to be my roomie?”

“Do you even have to ask, Spikey?” She held up two different nightgowns for him to choose from. “Which?”

“The white one.”

Buffy ripped off the tags and slid the cotton sleeveless gown over her head. “Are you just going to lie there all naked?”

“Probably. Got a problem with that?”

“Nope.”

“Well, come here then.”

She smiled and joined him on the bed. They were lying upside down, resting their feet on the pillows.

William brushed her puffy eyes. “So perfect, so beautiful. I don’t deserve you.”

“Yes you do,” she insisted, pulling him closer. “We could get cold, you know, with no blankets.”

“No.” William wrapped his arms around her tighter, his eyes now closed. “I’ll just have to use you for your body heat. Night, Buffy.”

“Goodnight.”

‘Body heat, bah,” she thought with a snort. “He just likes to snuggle. My Big Bad Snuggle Bunny.’
***