Part 2

“Xand, he’s making me nervous.”

“I told you we should’ve drugged him,” Xander snickered to Willow. “I wonder if Buffy even realizes what’s coming her way? He’s a wreck.”

“People, I can hear you.” Spike shot them both a dirty look but he was ignored.

“I talked to Buffy yesterday and,” Willow took dramatic pause, “she’s as bad as he is, maybe worse.”

“You’re kidding.”

“Nope. She’s crazy.”

“Stop talking about her like that,” Spike demanded. He pulled down the shade over the window and continued to fidget nervously. “I hate flying.”

“Everything will be fine, Spike,” Willow said, patting his knee as he bounced it up and down. “Just calm down a little.”

“Bite me,” he snapped as she cooed and talked to him as if he were a fussy child.

“Yesh, it probably wouldn’t be as bad if he weren’t so wound up,” Willow whispered. “He told me that he’s had about two hours of sleep in the past few days.”

“I have this feeling,” Spike confessed to no one in particular, “I’ve lived the last eight months in anticipation for this...I’m finally going to see her again but I can’t shake the feeling that something awful is going to happen, you know? What if I can’t take her away...I’ll be crushed beyond belief, that’s what.” He frowned and lifted the cover so he could look out the window again. “I just want her back, is that too much to ask for?”

“No, no, not at all. Nothing bad will happen, you and Buffy will reunite and you’ll live happily ever after. Xander and I will see to it, won’t we?” When he failed to respond, Willow elbowed Xander in the stomach. “Won’t we?”

“Yup, of course.” Xander shrugged and looked at the plane’s drink menu. “Man, you should try to sleep. Instead of worrying, rest up for tomorrow.”

“That’s easier said than done,” Spike said, shifting uneasily in his chair. “I’m so fucking anxious and excited and scared out of my wits, and all at the same time...it’s exhausting.”

“Ever thought about unwinding with a drink or two?”

“I don’t drink.”

“He’s too young,” Willow added.

“Age means nothing when you’re a charmer. The flight attendant already thinks he’s precious with his little fear of flying and big watery eyes. I want my wifey, boo hoo,” Xander mocked, pretending to cry.

“You shouldn’t mess with me, Harris, I’m feeling mighty unstable at the moment,” Spike threatened.

“I’m just stating facts. You could have a few drinks and nap time could end in Paris.”

“Really?” Spike looked at the clock and realized that they had only been in the air for forty-five minutes. “I’d just pass out?”

“Probably.”

“Right.” Taking a deep breath, with shaking fingers, he pushed the button to call the attendant. When she arrived, Spike flashed a handsome smile. “Hey, sweets, do you think you could get me a drink?”
***

“So then I said, ‘Bloody hell, are you insane? Just because I’m not snogging every girl in sight, that does not mean that I’m gay!’ I mean it, every week I had someone wondering if I played for the other team. Six tossers have asked to date me already.” Spike shook his head and thoughtfully looked at his wedding band. “I could have flashing neon lights attached to this thing and it wouldn’t matter. One gal thought Buffy was something like my imaginary friend, how crazy is that? I’ve always been deemed an inventive, brilliant type but for me to be able to think up such a creature...my simple brain couldn’t come up with something so utterly perfect. She’s perfection, she is...my Buffy. She’s beautiful, passionate, strong, kind...”

“Oh no, he’s at it again, another ode to the greatness that is Buffy,” Xander grumbled in Willow’s ear.

“Hush,” she said, batting him away. “I’m so jealous. I want a guy to talk about me like that.”

“It’s just because he’s drunk. He’s showing off...”

“I don’t think so.” Willow pouted at the thought. She leaned closer to Spike as he touched and stroked his ring lovingly. “Tell me what you plan to do tomorrow and then after that with Buffy.”

“Story time. Great, encourage him,” Xander said, laughing bitterly. He leaned back and closed his eyes, not interested in what Spike had to say.

“Buffy wants me to wait until tomorrow evening and it’ll be down right unbearable. Our hotel will be only two blocks away from her, you know? Her folks are throwing a Valentine’s Day bash for their la-ti-da business associates and when they’re not looking, we’ll leave. She’s had her bags packed for ages now. We’re going on a honeymoon first, that’s why I never signed up for a second semester at school. It’ll be a discreet, cheap little trip around the States, doing all that cheesy sightseeing junk. She wants to collect those shot glasses that you find at souvenir shops.”

“Ah,” Willow sighed dreamily, “Will you go back to California?”

“No, we want somewhere new. We’ve both been applying for scholarships and financial aid like mad. Just because school is covered that doesn’t mean the rest of our living expenses won’t cost a pretty penny. I’m not housing my wife in some shack and my Buffy’s used to the best of everything. Her parents are stinking rich, I’ll never be able to compare with their wealth but I’ll try my damndest. We’re staying in the west but moving away from the coast. Buffy wants to have a tan all year long.” Spike laughed softly, wrinkling his nose after taking another sip from his glass. “I’ve never been a fan of the sun myself but I’ll adapt--.”

“For Buffy?” Willow suggested, smiling.

“For Buffy, everything’s for her.”

“I think I’m going to puke,” Xander said. “Now I know why you never drink, you turn into a big girl. All you talk about is emotions and love and all that mushy shit.”

“What’s wrong with that, Xander? Maybe if you grew up and expressed yourself more like Spike, you’d be getting some.”

“What?” Xander squeaked. “He’s been like a nun for eight months!”

“A nun?”

“A man-nun--oh you know what I’m trying to say!” Xander crossed his arms over his chest. “His life isn’t that peachy, Willow, and you know it.”

“It will be. Just look at him.” Willow turned from Xander to point at Spike. “Ooo,” she said, softly. “He’s sleeping.”

“And drooling and in two minutes he’ll be snoring I bet. See? He’s not that great.”

Willow perked up, hearing a hint of jealousy in his voice. She gave him a sideways glance and Xander looked away.
***

Spike woke feeling as if he had been run over and flattened by heavy machinery. His head was pounding and his hearing was off; everything seemed to be muffled and too loud.

“My throat hurts,” he whined, trying to focus his blurry eyes.

“That’s because you’ve been snoring, man, and very loudly.”

“Where are you taking me?”

“To the hotel.”

“Oh.” Spike let his head fall back as Xander helped him into the cab. “Is it Valentine’s Day yet?”

“It will be in a few hours,” Willow answered.

“I can’t wait.” Spike winced, his raw voice. “I want to call my wife.”

“You shouldn’t.”

“I swear to God, I’m never drinking again. See to it that I don’t, Harris. I’m not flying either. My head was not meant to float in the clouds...Willow, pet, are you sure I can’t give Buffy a quick call? Buffy’s so bloody close...I miss her so much. I’ll give you whatever you want, any form of bribery. Name your price, love.” Without thinking, Spike laid down in the back seat, resting his head on Willow’s lap. He closed his eyes because they stung. “You think about it and I’m...I’m just going to rest my eyes for a bit.”
***

“Rinse and shine, Spike.”

“It’s dark, Harris and I’m comfortable.”

“Spike, get off of Willow.”

Spike whined as Xander grabbed his arm and pulled him up. “Willow?”

“Yeah, I was your human-shaped pillow,” Willow said, smiling and slipping out of the car.

“Oh. Sorry about that, love.” Rubbing his eyes, Spike leaned against the cab. “I can’t believe I’m in Paris. I can’t recall the flight at all.”

“You’re a very talkative drunk.”

“He sure got cranky, yeah?” Spike caught Willow’s eye and made a face that made her giggle. Xander impatiently cleared his voice as he paid for the cab.

“Can you believe Buffy’s only two blocks away?” Spike looked down each side of the street. “I bet she’s that way. I can feel it. She’s definitely to the left.”

“It doesn’t matter which way she is, you aren’t going to see her until tomorrow. Buffy told us to watch you and I know how damn sneaky you are. No Buffy until tomorrow.”

Spike said nothing, blinking as Xander shook his finger at him.

“Are you listening--hey, Spike?”

“I...I...oh, bloody hell!” He searched for a trashcan and when he couldn’t find one, Spike held his stomach and threw up in the planters in front of the hotel.
***

“What makes you think I’m leaving? My body hates me; everything’s pounding and queasy... I’m just going to lay here and piss and moan for a while. Then in a few hours, I’ll crawl my way to the bathroom and take a shower,” Spike said, lying down and with his arms over his face. “Who cares if it’s already Valentine’s Day? I’ll be a good boy. Buffy wants me to pick her up at her parents’ party and I will. I’m not going anywhere, I swear it.”

After his speech, Spike peered through the cracks of his fingers, checking to see if his friends believed him. He could tell that Willow bought all of his words but Xander glared down at him. “You know, I don’t even understand why I can’t see her. Why can’t we leave a little early for our journey into the sunset?”

“Because,” Xander said.

“Because?”

“Yeah, because...because--I don’t know! Willow, help.”

“Well, Buffy’s afraid that if she’s not there to help out with the party that people could get suspicious. She wants to show us around before we leave, meaning if her parents find her missing they could call the cops and who wants to run from the police instead of play tourist in France?”

“I’m not kidnapping her. I’m taking her home.”

“It’ll just be easier to wait, alright?” Xander said.

“Alright.” Spike rolled on his side. “Now get out, I need my beauty sleep.”

“You won’t leave?”

“Where would I go?” Spike couldn’t help but smirk with his back to them. “Trust me, Harris. Besides, I’m not even sobered up yet. So go away.”

“Yeah, Xand, let’s leave him alone.” Willow took Xander by the arm and pulled him to the door. “Oh wait I forgot to tell Spike something.”

Spike listened as Willow ran to his side and whispered into his ear, “I’ll stall him, but be back by sunrise. Give Buffy an extra hug for me.”
***

Half an hour later, after showering and brushing his teeth, Spike made his way down the dark street. He had asked the front desk for directions and smirked at the first left he made coming out of the hotel.

“She lives on this street,” he whispered. “This is the closest I’ve been to her in months.”

He upped his pace, imagining what Buffy could be doing. ‘She’s probably fast sleep in her bed, sleeping peacefully…’

Sighing, Spike stopped in front of her house. “At last.”
***

A wave of nostalgia nearly knocked him to his feet after he jumped the gate and headed into the back yard. He grinned, seeing that the home had balconies and a swimming pool. ‘Must be a Summers staple?’ Spike mused.

‘Now the big question: which is the room of my lady?’

Taking careful, soundless steps, he made his way closer to the house, randomly picking the first set of glass doors. Spike patted his coat, looking for something he could throw to get her attention.

‘Oh, isn’t this cute?’ Rolling his eyes, he ripped open the bag of airline peanuts with his teeth. Saying a quick prayer, he tossed the nuts at the balcony until the doors swung open.

‘Oh shit!’ Spike pushed against the side of the house, trying to hide. ‘Where’s a nice bush when you need to dive in one?’

“Ow!” Spike listened as Buffy’s sister yelped in pain. “Peanuts? What the--.” He snickered silently, guessing that Dawn had stepped onto them with bare feet. Seconds later, the doors were slammed shut and Dawn’s yelling was muffled behind them.

‘Close one.’ Spike wiped his brow and took a deep breath. Not sure if he should try the next balcony or give up, Spike edged back into the middle of the yard, keeping his eyes on Dawn’s window, hoping that she wasn’t watching him.

“I’m sure it’s just a cat or something.”

He was caught, standing in plain sight. At the sound of the voice close by, he froze, not able to think straight. Muttering a string of curses, he looked for a place to take cover.

“I’ll be right back.”

Spike closed his eyes, anticipating the worst. First he heard a gasp and then the sound of feet slapping against the cement. “I knew it!”

Hearing her speak, Spike opened his eyes, just in time to see Buffy running at him, her hair and nightgown flying behind her. With a bright smile on her face, Buffy plowed into his body, causing them both to stumble back and fall into the pool with a splash.

“Spike, Spike, Spike,” she chanted, covering his face with kisses once they bobbed above the water.

“Buffy?” He could barely speak, overcome by emotion and still in shock. He stared ahead in awe as Buffy’s lips smacked against his repeatedly.

“Oh, Spike, I knew you’d come.” Cradling his chin in her hands, she kissed his upper and lower lips as they gaped open. “I told you not to but--oh, Spike,” she said his name tenderly, bringing him close to her body for a hug.

“Buffy.” Holding her securely, Spike realized that he finally had his wife in his arms. “I couldn’t stay away.” She whimpered as Spike kissed her deeply, pouring how much he loved and missed her into their mingling lips, tongues, and teeth.

“Buffy? Did you find anything?” Dawn yelled, coming around the corner.

They reluctantly broke apart and Spike held his breath, going under the water. Hiding between Buffy and the wall of the pool, he touched her knees as her nightgown floated around him. He waited until he felt tugs on his hair before coming back to the surface. Gasping for air, he panted, “Am I busted?”

“No, you’re a cat.”

“Huh?”

“I told Dawn,” Buffy slicked back his hair and wiped water droplets from his eyes, “that you were a cat and that you scared me. She already thinks I’m a ditz, so, she bought the story that that’s how I fell into the pool.”

“You a ditz? Sod that. But she’s gone, right?”

“She’s gone.” Grinning, Buffy wrapped her arms around his neck. “She’s a real pain though; I wouldn’t be surprised if she looks outside so she can laugh at me.”

“What are you suggesting?”

“Well…” she pressed soft kisses along his jaw, “I think I need to hide you better than this--you are staying, aren’t you? Please don’t go.” Spike’s heart leapt out his chest and into his throat at her innocent begging. “Now that you’re here...you can’t go; I won’t let you.”

“I’m not leaving you,” he said, his voice tight. “Buffy, I’m here to stay until you walk out of here with me.”

“Spike...” She moaned his name slowly, giving him a string of passionate kisses. “We need to get inside before I show you just how much I missed you right here in the pool.” She sighed, allowing Spike to rest their foreheads together as they caught their breath.

He was dizzy from their kisses and bubbling with happiness as Buffy dragged him out of the pool.
***

“I hope you’re enjoying the peep show, kitten.” Spike grunted and struggled to peel the soaked clothes off of his body. With his pants around his knees, he gave up. “Help me, Buffy.”

“I told you to take off your shoes first.” She chuckled, sitting on the ground and untying his shoes. “You wouldn’t believe the view from down here. It’s really breathtaking.”

“Yeah, yeah, like you’ve never been in this kind of position before.” Spike tied his jacket around his waist and Buffy giggled. “Just think about what your neighbors would say, kitten.”

“I think they’d say something along the lines of, ‘Who does that cute, pale ass belong to?’ and then I’d say, ‘Me, that’s who and that’s my husband, back off, bitch,’ and then there would be a series of glares exchanged.” Buffy stood and gathered up his belongings, squeezing them into a ball.

“You’ve got that confrontation down, yeah?”

“Oh, yeah. Hold this?” She pulled off her nightgown, rolled down her underwear, and rang out her wet hair. “Take off your jacket and we’re set.”

Stunned by her nakedness, Spike swallowed. “Eh, you want me, to walk with you, in your parents’ house, like this, and you, like that?”

She nodded and opened the door.

“So, this way when I get hauled away for trespassing, I can get booked for indecent exposure too?”

“Yeah.” Buffy held her finger to her lips and motioned for him to come inside.

Rolling his eyes, Spike touched Buffy’s shoulders as they made their way through the house. Each time Buffy heard a noise she’d stop suddenly, causing Spike to bump into her. Buffy looked between his legs and winked, seeing how their walk was affecting him.

“Your fault,” he whispered.

She gestured for him to wait and ran to a hall closet, returning with two sheets for them to cover themselves with. Spike gave her a grateful smirk after they were wrapped up and then Buffy grabbed his hand, quickly taking him to her room.

“Well, aren’t you a funny looking cat, Spike?”

They exchanged scared glances before turning to see Dawn with her arms crossed and a wicked smile on her face.

“You really thought I’d buy something so stupid?”

“No,” Buffy said softly. “Just don’t tell, Dawn.”

“Why shouldn’t I? You’re sneaking a naked boy into your room.” Her smile grew looking him up and down. “And dad’s totally going to kill you because it’s Spike.”

“Don’t tell,” Buffy said through clenched teeth, standing in front of Spike as if to shield him from her sister’s eyes. “What do you want? I know bribery will shut you up.”

“Oh, there’s so much...”

Spike tightened his hold on Buffy’s hand and pressed his body against her back. “Remember, we’ll be going soon, pet,” he whispered, “don’t sign your life away to her.”

“What do you want?” Buffy repeated, her voice hard.

“Money and a lot of it.”

“Money? From me? Dawn, mom and dad will give you anything and you want to steal my money?”

“Yeah,” Dawn replied with a sneer, “I’ve noticed you’ve been saving for something--give it to me or dad will be up here so fast...”

“You’re horrible...”

“Dad!”

“Alright!” Buffy snapped, “Let me get it!”

“Where do you think your boyfriend’s going? He’s staying out here--.”

“You already yelled for dad, you jerk, if I’m getting blackmailed, there’s no way in hell that Spike’s getting caught. We’ll be out in a few minutes.” Before her sister could protest, Buffy pulled Spike into her room and slammed the door.
***

“That bitch--.”

“Shhh,” Buffy said, taking him to a corner far away from the door. “We’ve got to get out of here. I saved that money for us and she’s not getting any of it.”

“Ok, how do you want to do that? How should we escape?”

“Through the window I guess.”

“Window?” Spike asked, as Buffy scrambled around the room. “I climb up to get in, sure, I’ve done that many times, but you know my dislike of heights... I always leave using the front door...”

“I can’t take everything that I want to,” Buffy pouted, pointing to a heavy chest at the foot of her bed. “There are four suitcases in there.”

“Take what you can’t live without and we’ll figure out a way to get the rest,” he promised, seeing that she was almost in tears. Spike kissed her shoulder and rubbed her back. “If we’re going, love...”

“Ok. I know.” She kneeled on the floor, taking out two big manila envelopes. “I’m ready.”

“That’s it?”

“Yeah.”

They walked to the balcony and looked down beneath them. “We’re much higher up than we were at your old house, kitten.”

Buffy chewed on her lip thoughtfully, “You want to tie sheets together like a rope?”

“I need my sheet, that’s all I’ve got to wear.”

“We’ll keep ours and use the stuff from my bed.”

Spike nodded reluctantly and as they stripped the bed, Dawn pounded on the locked door, yelling that her dad was on the way and that he was calling the police. “Faster, Buffy.”
***

“I’ll go down first.” Swallowing, Spike checked again if the knot was secure.

“Spike.”

Her whisper caught his attention and he turned, suddenly finding her in his arms. “Buffy, sweetheart...”

“I know we have to hurry, but,” she gave him an affectionate look and kissed the corner of his mouth, “be careful and I’ll follow you.”

“Alright.” Keeping his eyes locked on Buffy, he climbed over the balcony and slowly made his way down. When his feet reached the ground, his heart was pounding and he tried to ignore the sour taste in his mouth. “I fucking made it,” he whispered proudly to himself. He held the sheets steady, waiting for Buffy to join him. With her envelopes hugged to her chest, she was halfway down before they heard her bedroom door being crashed into. Buffy was startled by the noise, loosening her grip and letting out a little scream.

“Buffy!” her father yelled.

“Oh God, oh God...” she whimpered, dangling on the homemade rope with only one hand.

“Just let go, Buffy, I’ll catch you, I swear!” Spike panicked, silently hoping that she’d recover her hold on the sheets. He was scared and didn’t have enough confidence in his shaking body to want to put her life in his hands.

Seeing her father’s angry face above her, Buffy let go, screaming as she fell towards Spike’s open arms.
***

As the sun slowly peeked up from the horizon, they ran hand-in-hand in the direction of the hotel. Buffy kept looking behind them and Spike kept her moving forward.

“Your sheet!”

“I don’t care about the sheet!” He said, even though he grabbed a fistful of the fabric and held it at his waist. “Just keep moving, love. We’re almost there.”

“Okay.” Buffy sped up, running beside him. “That was so scary, Spike.”

“It was,” he agreed, “but we got through it, I saved you.”

“You did.” She squeezed his fingers and brushed her lips against his cheek. “I knew you would. You always have.”

“Buffy...”

“I know, we’re almost there, but thank you,” Buffy said, flashing a smile that made Spike speechless.
***

“My key was in my pants,” Spike explained, knocking on the door across from his hotel room. “I hate to wake her...”

“Willow’s cool, she won’t mind.” Buffy continued to pant softly, clinging to his side and pressing her cheek against his upper arm. “My feet are killing me.”

“Mine too. Too bad I lost my only pair of shoes, yeah?” He knocked again, harder. “Does she always sleep this heavy?”

“No,” Buffy said with a frown. “Maybe you should try Xander’s room?”

“Ok.” Sighing, he pounded on Xander’s door. “Open up, Harris!”

“What do you want?” Xander opened the door a crack, showing a glimpse of his sleepy eyes and messy hair. “Go away--wait, Buffy?”

“Buffy?” Willow shrieked from behind, pushing between the boys and hugging Buffy.

As the girls bounced and squealed Spike smirked, looking Xander in the eye. “So, Harris, I see both of our girls are wearing just sheets, I know why Buffy is, you want to enlighten me about the redhead?”

“Well...she...eh...”

“Congrats. You’ve got yourself a good one.” Spike hit him on the arm as Xander blushed.

“Is there a reason why you’re here? Shouldn’t you be...not here and not at my door? It’s early, man. We were...busy. You’ve got Buffy back, shouldn’t you be, eh, with her?”

“I need the key to my room. Mine’s gone and Willow has the other one,” Spike explained.

“Oh.”

They looked on as the girls tried to speak to each other, both talking fast and at the same time.

“I guess they’re going to want to wail for a few more hours,” Xander grumbled. “They should get inside before people start to complain.”

“There’s no way I’m stepping foot into your love nest, Harris.”

“And I’m not going into your...hangover den!” Xander said, offended by Spike’s remark. “And I didn’t say it before, but you smelled real bad.” Spike snorted, about to retort but he was cut off. “Come on people, let’s take the parade this way,” Xander said, clapping his hands and ushering them into Willow’s room.
***

“It was so creepy, he was screaming at me and Dawn was next to him, she was laughing.” Buffy put her hand on Spike’s as she sat in his lap. “Then, when I slipped I knew Spike would catch me and he did. I’m so grateful that he was there, I could’ve broken my leg or worse.”

“Like I’d let anything happen to my Buffy,” Spike said, wrapping both arms around her waist. He imagined that he looked stupid but continued to grin boyishly, constantly touching, hugging, and brushing his lips briefly against her skin. ‘She’s back,’ he thought over and over.

“I can’t believe that your family got so crazy. I thought they were normal once.” Xander laughed and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Yeah, me too,” Buffy frowned. “But the affair made dad uber jealous and then mom turned just...dumb and Dawn...she’s so afraid that her mom and dad are going to get a divorce that she’ll do anything my psycho dad wants--God, I’m so glad to leave.”

“Do you think the police are really after you guys?” Willow asked, wide eyed. She squirmed nervously next to Xander. “Should we hide? Change the names our hotel rooms are under?”

“What can they do? I’m an adult and I was leaving with my husband. I wasn’t abducted or anything bad like that.”

Spike sighed softly and pressed his lips to the back of her neck. “Still, I doubt it would be good if we lounged around in one place all day.” Then he whispered so only Buffy could hear, “Even if I long to, I desperately want to keep you in my bed all day, all night...hell, forever, Buffy.”

She twisted her body so she could kiss him. “Spike,” she whispered; her cheeks rosy. “You’re putting bad ideas in my head. You're making me blushy.”

"Uh, do you guys want to meet for lunch later or something?" Willow asked, clearing her throat. "You can get, eh, reacquainted and then you can show us around, Buffy. I'm dying to see Paris."

Buffy nodded, stroking Spike's face and losing herself in his eyes. "Sure."

“Ok, I guess Xander and I should go then...”

Xander cupped Willow’s elbow, leaving the key to Spike’s room on the dresser before heading to the door. “Once the kissing starts, it never stops. We'll meet you at noon in the lobby, alright?”

Spike couldn’t hear anything but Buffy’s sighs, moans, and the adoring murmurs she made in his ear.

"Noon!" Xander yelled, slamming the door.

"Noon," Buffy agreed before kissing Spike again. She giggled as Spike carried her from the chair they were sharing to the bed.
***

“Willow told me you got smashed on the plane...I thought you tasted like cigarettes, alcohol and toothpaste,” Buffy giggled softly. “She also said you’re a delightful and charming drunk. I hate that I missed it.” As she spoke, Spike moved down her chin and to her neck, making trail of wet openmouthed kisses.

“I wish you would’ve been there too,” he said, pushing away her sheet and zeroing in on her breasts. “I’d tell you that I missed you but that would be an understatement and besides, I told you every single day, in every way that I could. I’m just so...it’s been a very, very, long eight months, Buffy. I could barely stand it. I can’t even put into words how good it feels to touch you...to taste you...to have you beneath me.”

“Oh...” She closed her eyes and pulled on his hair as Spike continued to kiss his way down her body.

He inhaled, spreading her legs and starting more kisses at her knee.

“Oh…God…”

Spike smirked, pleased to hear her voice and to know that they wouldn’t have to be quiet. He pressed his lips to her inner thighs, trying to drive her as crazy as he felt. “Please, Buffy?”

“Please what? You don’t have to ask. I want you so much, I’m practically shaking,” she said hoarsely. “Do whatever you want; I know I’ll like it.”

Grinning from ear-to-ear, Spike swept back up her body, resting his face against her flat stomach. “I love you, Buffy,” he whispered, making delicate circles around her belly button with his fingertip.

Cupping his ears, Buffy said that she loved him too with her voice dripping with affection.

Spike nuzzled her abdomen as he slipped his hand between her legs. They groaned in sync when his thumb brushed against her swollen, damp clit.

“Wow,” she said with a sigh, biting her lip.

“Can I come in?”

She nodded frantically, her hands finding his erection and cherishing it with feathery touches before placing him against her opening. They moaned and kissed with enthusiasm, both reminded how well their bodies interlocked as he easily slipped deep inside of her.

“Buffy,” he groaned, trying to tame down his excitement, not wanting to come too soon. “Buffy, Buffy...”

“I love you.”

Closing his eyes and whimpering, he forced his hips to remain still as she lavished his body with electrifying touches.

“Come if you need to, I’ll make you hard again, I promise.”

A gasp erupted from the back of his throat; he was turned on further by her comment and the lick she gave to the skin under his ear.

“Make love to me. Now.” She wiggled her hips as much as she could while pinned beneath him.

“Yes, Buffy.” They locked eyes as he moved into her at a steady pace. Spike was determined to make her come first, knowing he’d be reaching his climax in minutes. With his fingers busy massaging her sensitive clit, he smirked proudly collapsing from his orgasm after her vaginal muscles fluttered around him. “Thank God,” he said with a laugh after he was spent.

“Don’t move, ever, again,” Buffy demanded, hugging him tightly, not allowing him to pull out from between her legs.
***

“You may end up hating me one day.”

“What?” Buffy propped up on her elbows and tilted her head. “You’re crazy. Why would I hate you? I don’t think I could ever hate you, Spike.”

“Well,” he said, resting his head on one hand, as the other combed and played in her trimmed pubic hair, “I’m going to be a very clingy and needy husband. I can promise you already, Buffy. I’ll hang on you all the time, making you spend all your free time with me. You’ll never be able to get rid of me. I’ll hardly ever let you out of my sight. You’ll despise me. It’s sad but true, love.”

“I won’t hate you, silly.”

“You will.”

“No,” she insisted, amused and smiling.

“Yes and don’t argue with me, my darling Juliet.” He leaned closer to her core, her thighs framing his face. With his thumb and forefinger, he opened her wide and licked her with the tip of his tongue.

Buffy struggled to speak clearly with Spike’s mouth between her legs. “Don’t you argue with me, my stupid, pigheaded Romeo. I know what I want and I want to be around you always.”

He pretended to be hurt by her naming calling. “You’re just humoring me, you’ll tire of me--there’s no stopping it...”

“No...no...” She arched her back, practically rubbing herself on his nose. “It’s totally impossible.”

“Be careful, sweetness, don’t suffocate me,” he chuckled, wiping his face with the back of his hand.

“Hey!”

“Wait a minute.”

“Yes,” she hissed once he filled her with two of his fingers.

“Thought you were going to bite my head off.”

“I was. Harder, Spike, hurry up so you can get back up here.”

“You feisty, bossy thing,” he snickered, caressing her until her body shook wildly. “I love you, Buffy.”

“I love you, too.” Buffy smiled peacefully, holding him to her chest as her body relaxed. “I was telling the truth. Knowing you’ll be around me constantly, it doesn’t sound bad at all to me. In fact, it makes me look forward to tomorrow even more."

"Yeah, tomorrow does sound especially good, doesn’t it?”

“More than good,” she yawned, kissing him tenderly.

“Sleepy?”

“What time is it?”

“Do you have plans?”

"Yes and you do too!"

Spike grinned as she socked him in the arm. "We have while until noon, kitten,” he paused to kiss her temple, “you want to rest for awhile? I’m going to risk sounding like a bloody poof but I ache to hold you...I’ve been looking forward to it just as much as anything else.”

“I want you to hold me too. To wake up in your arms...God, I dreamed about it all the time.”

“Sleep then, sweets, and I’ll be here when you wake up.”
***

"Well, it's nice for you both to join us," Xander snorted.

“We slept too long and then I had trouble finding something to wear,” Buffy said, blushing as Willow and Xander stared at them. “And Spike, eh...I had to talk him into wearing his sandals in public...he doesn’t think his toes look manly enough in a flip flop.”

"Just feel honored that we're gracing you with our presence, Harris.” Spike pulled Buffy aside and softly pointed out Willow’s red face. “Bet they just got to the lobby five minutes before we did, love.”

“Sorry, we’re not on time. I hope it's okay that I borrowed some of your clothes, Willow."

"Oh, that's fine. So, where are we going first?" Willow hopped up and down like an excited puppy. "I want to see as much as possible before tomorrow!"

"Ok, we'll have to hurry,” Buffy answered, looking as eager. “I have so much to show you guys, like where I work, go to school, shop--."

"Sounds like a great time. We’re going to shop all day?"

"You're a pain, Harris," Spike said, squeezing between Willow and Buffy and hooking arms with each of them. "If he's going to grumble, we'll ditch him, girls. Lead the way Buffy, I want to see where you've been for the last eight months, pet."
***


“Man, can I ask you something?”

“I guess so.” Spike sat on the bench, watching Willow and Buffy as they looked through racks of clothes in the store.

“About tonight...you and Buffy plan on being alone, right?”

“I’m not sure how to break this to you, but my Buffy’s not into orgies.”

“Funny, funny. I want to take Willow out somewhere, somewhere nice and romantic.”

Spike twiddled his thumbs, “So, first date jitters?”

“It’s kind of like that. She wants flowery talk...how do you do that? On plane, you went on and on about Buffy and Willow turned into a big pile of goo. How do you think up all that stuff?”

“Well, it’s taking what you feel and letting it raise to the surface. If she makes you feel a certain way, tell her. You may think that all girls love to talk and hate to listen, but say the right things and they’ll hang on your every word.”

“You make it sound very easy.”

“If words fail,” Spike stood, ready to greet Buffy as she walked out of the store, “actions are your best bet. Kiss her like you’ve got something to be said, touch her like--.”

“I think I’ve got it.” Xander looked into the distance, absorbing all of his advice.

“Just tell her,” Spike muttered before walking up to the girls. “Let me see what you bought, love.”
***

“Well, the party has already started at my house, we’ve visited all my favorite places to go in the city and we haven’t had any problems at all: no cops, no parents, no annoying sister. I wonder if they even care that I’m gone. Maybe they see it as a good thing...” Buffy frowned, shuffling her feet as they left the hotel for the second time. She was dressed in the new dress she had bought and Spike was in his best outfit. “Maybe they’re happy to get rid of me?”

“That’s rubbish and you know it.” Spike frowned, stopping her from walking down the street. “You want to get your stuff?”

“What do you mean?”

“You have four bags in that house, you wanted to take them with us and I’m willing to get them for you.”

“You were already caught, like, four times today. I thought we were going to dinner like Willow and Xander. Spike, I don’t need those things.”

“First of all we’re unique and nothing like Harris and Willow and secondly...we need to go back, Buffy.”

“Why? They know you’re here, why go back and make my family more upset?”

“Because,” he took a deep breath, struggling to find the right words, “I want them to know about us. We kept our relationship a secret in high school and I don’t want to hide our marriage. It shouldn’t be something we’re ashamed of.”

“I’m not ashamed,” Buffy frowned, putting her hand on her hip. “I wore my ring daily, I had pictures of you hidden everywhere--some were out in the open--I told everyone that wasn’t my family that I was happily married.”

“Stop.” He sighed, threading their fingers together. “I refuse to make you upset, not today. I just want closure, I guess. We could go to that party, knock on the door and tell them. We’ll spill the beans and due to the fact the place will be crawling with business people, there’s no way in hell that your father will make a scene. We’ll just tell them, run upstairs, fetch your things and leave. I want to go through the front, not slip through the back. I want to tell your dad that I love you and that I’ve made you my wife.”

“I don’t know...”

“What can he do? He can’t steal you away again.”

“It means a lot to you...” she said softly.

“It should mean a lot to you too...this way at least you can tell them goodbye. I want them to know that you’ll be in good hands even if they don’t believe it. I need to tell them.”

“Sometimes I think you’re too good to be true...”

“I’m thinking about you, pet, and in the long run, it’ll be for the best.”

Buffy gave him a funny look and kissed the tip of his nose. “And every time I think that you’re too good to be true, I pinch myself, smile and think, ‘Damn, I’m a lucky girl.’ You used to be the one that didn’t care what my parents thought.”

“I care but only to a small degree, meaning no matter what, my wife’s leaving with me tomorrow. I don’t care about what is said or what is done...we’ve got a future together waiting for us, Buffy and nothing’s going to stop us.”

“Ok.”

“Ok?”

“Yeah but I won’t lie, I’m nervous already.”

“Me too, Buffy.”

“Want a kiss for luck?”

Spike brought the top of her hand against his lips. “Love, I think I need at least a dozen.”
***

“One more, right here.”

Buffy stood on her toes and kissed his cheek. “I hope this works out great.”

“Positive thinking will do us wonders.”

“Maybe we should go in; we’ve been waiting for a long time.”

“Alright.” Squeezing Buffy’s hand, Spike took one step up the driveway.

“Do I need to push you?”

“No, I’m just getting warmed up.”

“You should be really toasty by now, honey.”

“A nickname, for me?”

“Why should you have all the fun?” Spike smiled warmly; glad to feel his anxiety lessening. “Let’s get this over with, baby.”

He swallowed, allowing her to nudge him to the entrance of the house.
***

“Dad,” Buffy said softly as her father opened the door. “Can we talk?”

Spike watched as the color left the older man’s cheeks. ‘Oh, fuck, he’s going to kill me.’

“Now?” Mr. Summers demanded, forcing a fake smile that looked cruel. “Buffy, we have guests.”

“I know but it won’t take long. Where’s mom?”

“I don’t know.”

“Find her and meet me upstairs, please? Spike and I have to tell you something.”

“Mr. Summers, we’ll only take a little of your time.”

He tried to mask his anger but Spike saw through it. “I’ll see you in a minute.” As he and Buffy walked past, her father hissed, “You’ve got some nerve, Spike.”

“Somehow I doubt that was a compliment.”

Buffy patted his arm as they weaved through the crowd of partygoers. “I don’t think so either, but at least he didn’t maul you on spot. See, I can think positively.”

“Cute, kitten.”

“Maybe we should find a way to get my stuff downstairs before the talking starts? Maybe we could toss them off the balcony without everything getting broken?”

“We’ll see.” He gasped slightly, seeing her new room for the first time. “You’re only taking four bags? The room’s still packed with things.”

“I’m only taking what I can’t live without.” Buffy rested her head on his shoulder once they sat on the edge of the bed. “This is so weird, like we’re waiting to take a beating.”

“I need another kiss, Buffy.”

As their lips touched, someone grunted rudely at the door, causing them to break away quickly.

“Mr. Summers. Mrs. Summers.”

“Remember your blood pressure, Hank,” Mrs. Summers said, touching her husband’s shoulder.

He snarled and moved away from her reach. “Make this quick.”

“Well, Buffy and I are just here for her belongings. We’re going to the States tomorrow and Buffy won’t be back...well unless you’d like her to visit, that is.”

“Mom, Dad, Spike and I are married.” When her mom pointed at their matching wedding bands and gasped in shock, Buffy rolled her eyes. “We’ve been married for about eight months. I’m leaving with Spike so we can be together. I know you said we had nothing but puppy love, dad, but look at us now. I love Spike as much as I did in high school and even with a billon miles between us, we stayed in contact...I love him even more today.”

Spike closed his eyes briefly as she hid into his side for protection. “Tell them our plans, sweetness.”

“We got school covered and--we’ve been saving to handle all the other expenses. We want to buy a house and eventually have babies, later, after we’re really stable.”

“And both of us will work, but not too much because school is exhausting by itself,” Spike added. “I already have nice car so transportation’s alright and--.”

“So, you’ve got everything figured out?”

“Yes, sir,” Spike said, unable to guess what Buffy’s dad was thinking by reading his facial expression. “I love your daughter and I intend to give her the best that I can offer.”

“We just want you to know that we don’t hate you guys and,” Buffy’s eyes filled with tears, “I want to keep in touch but if you insist on hating my husband...you’ll never see me again.”

They held their breath as Mr. Summers began to pace the room. “You married before we left Paris?”

“The day before our graduation,” Buffy answered.

“You were seeing each other after I told you to stay away from him?” Hank’s head whipped around to his wife, “Did you know about this all long?”

“No!” Joyce yelled. “I had no idea!”

“My...dad...he didn’t know either, Mr. Summers,” Spike said, carefully. “I told him later about us getting married, very much after the fact. If it helps your peace of mind, Buffy was never around my father. We just spent time with each other.”

“Hank, how are you feeling?” Buffy’s mother asked. “You don’t have to listen to them anymore. Do you want to lie down? Can I get you something?”

“Leave.”

“What?”

“You and Spike, leave. I want to talk to my daughter. Alone.”

“Buffy?” Spike whispered. “Just say the word and we’re gone...”

Buffy looked at her father and then caught Spike’s face between her palms. “Get my bags and I’ll talk to him.” She kisses his cheeks and gave him a hug. “Wait for me?”
***

“I couldn’t find you.” Buffy crept up behind Spike and embraced him from behind. “I freaked out there for a minute.”

“Sorry. How did it go?”

She didn’t answer; instead she sat with him on the curb and nestled against his chest.

“Got your bags.”

“I see that.”

“Buffy?” Uneasiness spread throughout his body as she avoided his eyes. “What did he say?”

“Stuff. A lot of stuff.”

“You care to expand a little more? Was it good stuff or bad stuff, pet?”

“Eh,” she said, taking a deep breath, “he’s still very angry.”

“That’s understandable. I didn’t expect him to change his mind. Buffy...he didn’t say anything to make you change your mind, did he?” He squeezed her tightly and closed his eyes and begged, “Please tell me you aren’t backing out on me.”

“Spike,” she said, softly.

‘No, no,’ he thought. ‘This cannot be happening.’

“Buffy,” he whimpered, “whatever he said, whatever--I’ll stay, pet. I’ll stay in Paris.”

“What?”

“I’ll stay. There’s no way that I can be away from you again. I can’t function without you. I don’t sleep, I barely eat...I’ll stay.”

“Spike...what?” She frowned and wiped away his tears. “Don’t cry. God, what did I do? Why do you want to stay here?”

“We’re still going?”

“Of course, of course.”

“Why didn’t you say something?” he laughed, feeling embarrassed and ridiculous as his stubborn eyes continued to water. “I was dying, Buffy. Your mom was telling me these things--.”

“What? What did she say?” Buffy demanded. “What is wrong with her? Is that why you came out here?”

“You know me well, yeah? I was hiding. She kept on giving me the bloody evil eye and saying over and over that there was no way that you’d leave them. She’s not a nice person, pet.”

“No she isn’t. I’m so sorry.” She reached into one of the bags that was next to them and pulled out a Kleenex. “She’s so evil.”

“And your dad?”

“He took it better than I thought,” she said, dabbing his eyes with the tissue. “He’s offering to mail all my stuff to our house when we find one. I think he just wants the empty room but at least we’ll never have to buy me clothes again.”

“Liar. There’s no way you could stop buying clothes.”

“True.”

“So he wants to keep talking to you?”

“I think so but he won’t say the exact words.”

“He’d be a fool to let you go.”

“You’re so sweet, Spike.”

“You make me this way.” He moaned as Buffy kissed him gently. “I’ve had enough of this drama, can we go, love?”

“Hey, it was your idea to come here,” she laughed, pulling him to his feet.

“Don’t remind me.” When Buffy weighed him down with her luggage, he whined, “What am I, your sodding pack mule?”

“Among other things, dear husband,” she answered sweetly, kissing Spike’s cheek.
***

“What was in those envelopes?”

“Emails, letters, pictures...everything you sent me.”

“And it only filled two packages? I’m deeply ashamed.”

“In the other four suitcases was all gifts and little things you gave me since we’ve meet. Still ashamed?”

“No. I’ve clearly spent too much on you, kitten.”

“I don’t think so.”

“God, she’s like a walking tranquillizer for him.” Xander commented. His lip curled in mock-disgust as Buffy and Spike laughed and enjoyed each other’s company. “He’s nothing like the guy who sobbed and got stinking drunk on the flight over.”

“He’s got his Buffy back,” Willow grinned. “Looks to me as if his life is very, very peachy.”

Spike gave his friends a sideways glance. “You talking about me? Butt out Harris, you’ve got your girl there, I think you have more important things to talk about.” He chuckled as Xander’s face flushed.

“They’re cute,” Buffy whispered, grabbing Spike’s full attention.

“I think they owe us. It was our star-crossed love that brought them closer. If they get hitched, we’re entitled to fifty percent of the presents.”

“I agree; we didn’t even get presents for our wedding. We’re going to have to buy our own toaster, Spike.”

“It’s a bloody shame.”

“Poor us,” Buffy said, pulling him in for a kiss. He moaned feeling, very content and loved as the kiss grew more heated.

“They’re eating each other again.”

“I can kiss my husband if I want to.”

“You can say that again, kitten,” Spike said, pulling his wife close.
***

End

There could be more in the future, we'll see.