Okay, I admit that what I did in this chapter is really weird. I swear I didn't plan on that, it just came to me while I was typing and I just went with it. Well, hope ya'll would like it anyway=)


Chapter 14

Buffy, Spike, and Giles went to the abandoned warehouse where Ethan was hiding out. When they got there they weren't sure what to do next. "Are we positive he's even in there?" Buffy asked.

"This is where Willow said he was." Giles explained and Buffy seemed nervous.

"What if he knew we were on to him and he already left town?" Giles saw how worried she looked.

"We have to go in there to find out." He said and was about to walk to the entrance when the door opened and this huge demon came out. Their eyes grew big when they saw it.

"Well, looks like we found our demon." Spike said as the demon then took off in the other direction. Spike looked to Giles. "You deal with that Ethan bloke and I'll handle the demon." He said as he took off after it. Buffy then looked at Giles.

"Will you be okay?" Giles nodded.

"Yes, go on. I can handle Ethan." He told her and she smiled at him and then took off after Spike. She found Spike in a cemetery fighting the demon by himself. She was surprised at how well he was doing when the demon hit him hard and he flew into a nearby tombstone. Buffy ran towards the demon and kicked him with all she had in her and the demon then turned to look at her. He forgot about Spike as he grabbed her by the neck and picked her up off of the ground. Buffy was feeling lightheaded as he squeezed the life out of her. Her vision was getting blurred when the demon suddenly dropped her. She tried to catch her breath when she saw that Spike was up and fighting him again. Spike pulled out a stake because it was all he had and plunged it into the demon's back. He yelled in agony and Spike used that to his advantage to kick him hard in the head. The demon went down and Spike then helped Buffy up.

"You okay?" She nodded and then her eyes grew big when the demon stood up and was standing behind Spike. He turned around to see what she was staring at and was face to face with a very angry demon. "Oh, bollocks." He said right before the demon kicked him and he fell to the ground, he then turned his attention to Buffy. She backed away from the angry demon until she was backed into a tree. The demon then surprised Buffy as he gently caressed her cheek with his scaly hand. She didn't know what to do, so she just stood there with a surprised look on her face. He then pulled out another syringe and stuck it in her arm. She winced a little, but realized that it didn't hurt as much as it did the first time. The demon pulled the needle out and she then fell down to the ground, faster than she did before. Her head felt heavy as everything started to come back to her. Her friends, her mom, her sister, Spike, every memory rushed back into her head. She held her head because it was starting to hurt. The pain then stopped and she looked up to see the demon holding his hand out to her. She hesitated a little and then reached to take his hand and he pulled her up. Buffy didn't know what to say when Spike showed up and kicked the demon. Buffy then seemed to come out of her reverie.

"No, wait!" She yelled to Spike. "Don't hurt him!" Spike stopped and looked at her confused.

"Why the hell not?" He asked and Buffy looked at him and then back at the demon.

"He helped me; he gave me my memories back." Spike seemed surprised as he looked at her.

"You remember everything?" She nodded.

"Yeah, I do." Buffy looked at the demon. "Why did you help me?" She asked and knew it was pointless because he wouldn't answer. She then surprised herself as she walked closer to him and kissed him on the cheek, trying to find an area that wasn't so disgusting. "Thank you," she told him and she then backed away as the demon started to glow. Spike walked next to Buffy and watched as the glowing demon seemed to shrink and change shape until the glowing stopped and they were looking at a human male, a very attractive human male. Buffy couldn't believe what she just saw when the man raised his arms and realized that he wasn't a demon anymore. He smiled as he looked at Buffy. He went to her and grabbed her hand, giving her a soft kiss on the back of it.

"Thank you, my lady. The curse is finally broken." Buffy didn't know what to say when he let her hand go. She finally found her voice after a few seconds.

"What curse?" She asked him.

"Years ago I was turned into a demon by a powerful and very angry witch. She wanted to punish me because I did not love her. She turned me into a Lochnah, so when I was to be summoned I would always have to obey and do the bidding of others. I wasn't given a mind of my own, but tonight I couldn't take it anymore. I managed to still have some of my human characteristics even though I looked like the demon. I decided that I wanted to help you. Ethan, the man that summoned me wanted me to harm you. He wanted me to steal your memories and your strength to get you out of the way. I am not sure why. I am so sorry, my lady. I never wanted to bring any harm to you or your friends. I didn't have a choice, but it's over now. I am finally free." Buffy smiled at him.

"I'm happy for you. Where are you going to go?" He returned her smile.

"I am going home. I have much to make up for." He then kissed Buffy on one cheek and then the other. Spike gave a growl at that as he put his arm around Buffy and pulled her closer to him. If the man noticed, he didn't say anything about it. He just smiled at Buffy. "You are truly an angel." He told her and she blushed a little.

"I'm not an angel, but thanks." She said.

"Well, I must be going. Thank you again." He said as he gave her one more smile and then walked away. Buffy turned to Spike who was glaring at the man's back.

"He seemed sweet." Spike rolled his eyes and looked at her before he pulled her in the other direction.

"Come on, love. Giles could probably use our help." She nodded and let him pull her away.