Chapter 15

They got back to the warehouse to see Giles holding Ethan by his shirt and it looked like they got in a fight because they both had bruises. Ethan saw Buffy and Spike walk over to them. "Slayer, tell him to let me go." He said and Buffy crossed her arms over her chest.

"Now why would I do that?" Giles then looked to Buffy.

"Did you get the demon?" She turned her gaze off of Ethan and on Giles.

"Yeah, he's gone. I remember everything." She then glared at Ethan. "You never do learn to stay the hell out of my town, do you? You took away my memory and my strength. I almost killed myself over that. So, tell me why I shouldn't kill you right now?" Ethan gulped when he saw how angry she was.

"Well, because I'm human. You wouldn't kill a human, Slayer. It's not in your nature." Buffy then grabbed him around the neck and lifted him off the ground; it felt good to have her strength back.

"Sorry, wrong answer. For some reason I have an urge to bend the rules for you." He started to choke as her grip tightened when Giles put a hand on her shoulder.

"I know you're upset, but this isn't the way. You will regret it if you took a human life, even one as meaningless as his. There are other ways, Buffy." Giles tried to explain to her and after a few seconds, she let Ethan go. Giles grabbed him again, so he wouldn't get away. He then found a nearby old chair and sat Ethan down in it. He found some rope and tied him to the chair. Buffy turned away from them and realized she had tears in her eyes. Spike wrapped his arms around her and she placed her head on his chest. He then glared at Ethan. It was times like this that he hated having a chip in his head. "Alright, there's something I want to know." Giles started as he looked at Ethan. "What were your motives this time, Ethan? Why would you bother to summon a demon to take away my Slayer's memory?" He asked and Ethan looked up at him.

"It wasn't my idea. I was just minding my own business when this bloke came up to me in a bar and offered to pay me a lot if I got the Slayer out of the way for him." He explained.

"Who was it?" Giles asked and Ethan shrugged.

"Don't know, all I know is that he wasn't human. Said he had business to take care of in Sunnydale and he didn't want the Slayer to ruin things for him. He's long gone now. I should have taken off myself. Really need to remember to do what I came for and then leave. Still working on that." Giles sighed and turned back to Buffy and Spike.

"Why don't you two head home. I can handle things here." Buffy looked at Giles.

"What are you going to do with him?" Giles looked at her and then back at Ethan.

"I called an old friend to help me out with Ethan. He should be arriving soon. Don't worry; I'll make sure that he never causes problems again." Buffy nodded and then walked out of the warehouse with Spike. He took her hand as they headed back to the house. When they got to the house they explained to everyone what happened and they were just happy that Buffy got her memory back. They both then walked in their room and collapsed on the bed.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Spike asked her and she sat up and looked at him, there was something that didn't seem right to her.

"I got my memories back so that's good, but I think I got a memory back that I wasn't supposed to have because I don't remember ever having it before. If that even makes sense." Spike sat up also.

"What do you mean?" She shrugged.

"I don't know, but before I explain I need to find out if it could be real." She then stood up and looked at him. "I need to call Angel." That got Spike's attention and he wasn't happy about it.

"Why would you need to do that?" He asked her and she took a deep breath.

"Because it involves him. I'll be right back." She told him as she left the room. He just stared after her wondering what she was talking about. Buffy came back in the room about a half an hour later and she had a disturbed look on her face. She sat next to him on the bed.

"So, what did Peaches have to say? Find out anything?" She looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah, do you remember that Thanksgiving when I found out accidentally that Angel was there?" Spike nodded and waited for her to finish. "Well, I went to LA to confront Angel about that and I only thought I was there for about five minutes. It turns out that I was there for a little longer than that." She stopped to see Spike's reaction to that, but he didn't say anything, so she just decided to continue. "We got attacked by a demon with powerful blood. The blood got on Angel and it had the ability to make him human. He went to the oracles to find out that it was permanent and that he was finished. I remembered we had one perfect night together. I didn't have to worry about him losing his soul and it was nice, but Angel realized that he couldn't protect me as a human, so he went to the oracles to ask them to change him back. They agreed and decided to take back the whole day, so he could go back and kill the demon before the blood mixed with his. He was the only one that was supposed to remember what happened, but for some reason I now remember it. He was surprised when I asked him about it, but he told me the truth." She then looked at Spike who had a surprised look on his face and then she grew angry and stood up when she thought about Angel. "I just can't believe he would do that. That's his problem; he always thinks that he has to protect me. He never realizes that I can protect myself. I mean he was finally human and he threw all of that away." She stopped again when she saw the hurt look on Spike's face.

"Do you wish that he was human so you could be with him?" He asked as he avoided her gaze. Buffy then softened as she sat back on the bed and touched his face.

"I'm sorry, Spike. I don't want you to think that I still want to be with Angel. What we had is long over; I just don't have those feelings for him anymore. I love you." Spike looked at her and smiled. He then cupped her face and brought her lips to his. He pulled away and rested his head on hers.

"I love you, too." She smiled when she then thought about what else she did.

"I may have said something to him about us." Spike looked at her.

"What do you mean?" Buffy shrugged.

"Well, I was mad and wasn't thinking straight, so to get back at him for keeping that from me I told him that we were together." Spike smiled at that.

"What did he say?" He asked her.

"He didn't really say anything. I heard a noise which sounded like the phone hitting the floor and then Cordelia came on the line to tell me that he fainted." Spike laughed.

"That's bloody priceless." She laughed also.

"I did feel kinda bad about it, but Cordy said he would be fine and that she would talk to him when he woke up. He'll just have to deal." Spike lay back down when he stopped laughing, pulling her with him. She rested her head on his chest and sighed. She spoke up again after a while of silence. "Spike?" He turned to look at her when she spoke again.

"Yeah?" She looked at him.

"I think we should get our own place." Spike smiled at her suggestion.

"That's just what I was thinking." She returned his smile and rested her head back on his chest. Yeah, she could really get used to this.