Chapter 3

Spike carried Buffy into the house to find Willow there. She looked worried when she saw Buffy. "What happened?" She asked him.

"We had a meeting with a demon. I'm taking her upstairs, I need you to call Rupert and get him here. He might know what's wrong with her." Willow nodded and went to the phone while Spike took Buffy upstairs. He lay her down on her bed and covered her up so she would be more comfortable. She looked so peaceful, but she still looked too pale.

"Is she going to be okay?" He turned at the female voice in the doorway and saw Dawn standing there looking at Buffy.

"I'm sure she'll be fine, nibblet. Big sis is a fighter." Dawn nodded when Tara walked next to her and put her hand on the girl's shoulder in comfort.

"Do you need anything?" Tara asked Spike and he shook his head.

"Not right now. I don't know what's wrong with her, so I'm not sure what she needs." He then looked at Dawn. "Has she ever passed out before?" Dawn shook her head.

"Not that I know of. It's not usually something she does." Spike nodded and looked back at the girl on the bed.

"That's what I was afraid of." Willow then showed up in the doorway.

"Giles is on his way." Spike nodded, but didn't say anything. Willow saw how upset he seemed and looked back at Dawn and Tara. "Come on, let's leave them alone." They agreed and walked away from the room. Willow took one more look at Buffy and then closed the door. Spike sat down next to his Slayer and took her hand in his.

"It's time to wake up now, love. You're not gonna let some demon beat you." There was no response as he brought her hand to his lips and kissed it. "Please, Buffy. Don't do this to me. I need you, baby." He rested his head on her chest to hear that she was breathing regularly and that her heartbeat seemed to be strong, so that made him feel a little better. He listened to her heartbeat a little more before he dozed off. He was awoken by someone tapping him on the shoulder. He looked up to find Giles watching him. He rubbed his eyes and looked at the man. "Hey, when did you get here?" He asked him and Giles took his glasses off to clean them and then put them back on.

"About now, what happened to her?" He whispered and Spike looked back at Buffy to see that she still hasn't moved.

"This demon attacked her on patrol. I didn't see what happened, but she said that he stuck her with some needle." Spike then grabbed her arm to show Giles. "There was a bruise there, but it disappeared." Giles looked at her arm to see that nothing was there.

"Yes, this is most unusual. I brought some of my books; I was hoping you would come downstairs and help with the research. I need you to show me what demon it was since you are the only one besides Buffy that saw it." Spike nodded and looked back at Buffy. He didn't want to leave her side, but he knew he had to find out what demon it was if he wanted to find a way to help her. Giles saw his hesitation and placed his arm on Spike's shoulder. "I really need your help with this, Spike. I know you want to stay with her, but perhaps you should get out of the room for a bit." Spike nodded and realized that Giles was right. He then stood up and placed a kiss on the top of Buffy's head before he followed Giles out of the room.