Chapter 5

Spike fell asleep by Buffy's side again that night when he finally felt her move. He looked at her to see that her eyes were opening. The thought of her being different went through his head, but he didn't care. He knew that no matter what, he would always love her. "Buffy, are you okay?" He asked when she finally opened up her eyes and looked at him and he wasn't expecting the look she gave him. She had fear in her eyes. She sat up with a start and looked around the room like she was seeing it for the first time. She rested her eyes back on Spike.

"Who are you? Where am I, what's going on?" She said and Spike wasn't expecting that.

"You don't know who I am?" He asked her and she shook her head. "Well, this is new. I was expecting you to be a little different, but I wasn't planning on memory loss." He said more to himself than her.

"What are you talking about?" She asked and he looked back at her.

"Do you at least know who you are?" She shook her head again.

"No, I don't know who I am. Where am I?" She asked.

"First of all, your name is Buffy Summers. This is your house." Buffy nodded and looked around the room before looking back at him again.

"Buffy, that's a weird name." She said and Spike couldn't help but smile at that.

"Yeah, you'll get used to it." He told her.

"What's your name?" She asked and Spike wasn't sure how much he should tell her.

"It's Spike; you really don't know who I am?" Buffy shook her head.

"No, I'm sorry. Nothing makes much sense right now." Spike nodded.

"It's alright; we'll get you through this. I'm sure you'll get your memory back in no time." He said trying to convince himself more than her. "There are friends of yours downstairs that would like to talk to you. Maybe I should tell you a few things about them before we head down. So, you wouldn't be that confused." Buffy nodded. Spike told her all he could about Dawn and the rest of her friends, leaving the Slayer part out. He didn't think she was ready for that yet. She nodded as she listened to what he was saying, but she noticed that he didn't say anything about himself. She waited until he was finished to speak because she didn't want to be rude.

"Are we friends?" She asked and Spike thought about it.

"Yeah, we're friends. I think I'm gonna go down and talk to everyone and then you can come down when you're ready, alright?" Buffy nodded again. Spike took one more look at her before going downstairs. He sat at the top of the stairs for a bit and thought about what he would tell them. Yeah, Buffy wasn't herself alright. She didn't even know who she was or who anyone else was. He knew he had to do whatever he could to help her and get her memory back. Maybe the demon held an antidote or something. He wished he knew who summoned the demon in the first place; maybe he could force them to tell him how to help her. He put his head in his hands and thought about what everyone else would say when they realized their Slayer was pretty much helpless. He didn't know what he was going to do, but he knew that he had to get his girlfriend back.