A/N: This chapter was written on x'mas last year, so it might not be fitting on now's season... but you can just imagine it :D And I see I've got a lot of questions. Well I won't be answering any of them you have to keep on reading to find out. I know I'm being evil but hey... :D THanks for the reviews! Keepn on reading!
Chapter 5

Snow flakes fell upon the window pane signaling the season’s festivities. Houses were being lit up every night with Christmas trimmings, buying trees and making snow mans outside ones house. From the luxuriant neighborhood, there was one house that stood out from the crowd though, but not because of its lavish decorations but rather the lack of it.

“Why don’t we decorate?” Buffy asked out of the blue staring out of the window from breakfast nook at their cottage watching the snow flakes fall. She hasn’t been around the neighborhood much, except for when she would go with Prue from the park and back but she noticed their household’s distinction from the rest of the homes at Culsber Hills.

Going to the park with Prudence was something she didn’t get away with easily. When she thought that she and William were in even ground, she decided to ask permission but he down right declined. That definitely caught her off guard but through persuasion and much more persuasion he did agree with a hell a lot of terms. She heard of overprotective fathers but this was insane.

“Well,” Willow replied as she came out holding two mugs of hot chocolate. “You can if you want to.” She suggested as she sat across Buffy. “You can begin with this little cottage, maybe place a tree there.” She pointed to the space the side table occupied beside the couch. “A wreath on the door, lights on the windows… Oh! And stockings! On the- well we don’t have a chimney. But we can make one out of cardboard!” the redhead trialed off.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣
“Ohhh… Shiny!” Buffy was between the mass of boxes up in the attic sifting through them deciding on which things were useful enough for her to salvage. Joyce had told her that morning that she might be able to find some used Christmas trimmings up in the attic when she mentioned her predicament. She said that pretty much everything that even had a slight memory of their employer’s wife was kept up there and that included everything that had anything to do with the upcoming season for she had always been the one who decorated the house with the outmost gladness. She even held parties every Christmas Eve and it wasn’t just any other party, it was an occasion that had the whole street talking.

That in mind, Buffy had big hope that her task might be easier than she thought. Later during Prue’s afternoon nap she snuck out of the room and proceeded upstairs. But once she opened the door to the attic, that previous thought was soon out the door. For what was right in front of her were mounts over mounts of boxes and chest drawers not to include a couple of boxes marked ‘clothes’ ‘Spike’ and some that were left unlabeled. The first thought that went through her mind were, ‘rich people sure do have a lot of junk’.

Satisfied with the one box she had filled with strings of Christmas lights, red and green banners, some wreaths and a couple of hand made ornaments she decided to bring them down now before they get too heavy for her to carry. Lifting the box she almost fell over with its weight but managed slightly as she maneuvered herself around the other boxes stocked up in the middle of the room. The load she was carrying was so full that she could hardly see the path she was walking on thus she tripped and fell flat on her face the contents of her package spilled onto the floor. “Shoot!” Buffy cursed as she straightened herself and looked back to the object that had caused her fall. Hanged over one of the boxes was a… leather coat, Buffy presumed as she looked closely at the material. As she stuffed the clothing back into its box to avoid later accidents she saw that the box was labeled ‘Spike’. ‘Who the hell is Spike?’ she thought but dismissed it anyway as she tried to place all the stuff that had fallen from her box right back into it.

Filling the container up to the brim she saw a notebook lying on the floor that must have fell out of one of the boxes with her fall. Instead of just placing it back. Her curiosity got the better part of her as Buffy opened the notebook up and learned that it was a diary.

September 29, 1997

Today we moved into a new house on Culsber Hills. The house was incredibly beautiful but of course I already expected that. Spike said that this would serve as one of his gifts for me for our upcoming first year anniversary. He had been working extra hard since we got married and it really troubled me whether he have lost interest but seeing and being inside this house-mansion right now, I know that this was what he was working for. He strived for me. He wanted to prove to my parents that he could take care of me unlike what they had assumed. Spike had been proving them wrong and it’s all for me. He is indeed the best husband anybody could ask for. I would never regret the decision I made in the altar that blessed day.

Attach with the entry was a picture of a man and a woman in front of the house they are living in right now except it seemed different. The woman was pure beauty with white skin and her hair the complete opposite of it. She was cuddled in the arms of a man, who Buffy assumed was her husband ‘Spike’. He was in complete black attire with black boots and she noticed the leather coat she had tripped upon earlier as the same coat the man in the picture was wearing. From what she could see he seemed to have slicked back bleach blonde hair with a boyish grin on his face. To Buffy he looked a hell like her employer Mr. Bennedict yet seemed totally different at the same time too.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣

“Deck the halls with boughs of holly. Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la.
'Tis the season to be jolly. Fa-la-la-la-la, la-la-la-la.
Don we now our gay apparel Fa-la-la, la-“ Buffy was cut short of her singing when somebody surprised her beneath the stairs causing her almost to fall yet again. “Oh!” she breathed out, “that was close.” She said to herself then half-shouted to the person, “What the hell is wrong with you…” she voice died down as she saw who was in front of her blocking her way. Instead of explaining herself she just walked right pass him and proceeded down the hall and down the other flight of steps.

“Ms. Summers?” William called after her as he followed her. Finally catching up with her, he inquired, “What were you doing up in the attic?”

Buffy faced him briefly then continued down the stairs as she answered his question. “I was just looking for some Christmas decorations to adore this house. I found quite a lot. I’ll probably be done by today, then I can start putting them up tomorrow. I already asked for the help of Mr. Giles and Ms. Joyce.” she said her reply with outmost ease as if it were the most normal thing for her to do. “Speaking of that, can I please have some cash?” Buffy reached the last of the step and placed her box down on the floor. “I was thinking of buying a pine tree and putting it over here,” she pointed to the blank spot between the two flights of stairs. “I found a lot of ornaments up in the attic that I’m sure with a little bit of cleaning they would look great around here.” Buffy said with a grin, eager for her plan to be put into action.

Silence fell before the bomb drop. “No.” William answered dead on.

“And why is it?” Buffy asked sounding not much like an employee talking with her employer.

“Because.” He answered as he began to make his way into the study.

“Because?” Buffy followed his track, just to have the door shut right up her face. Buffy stopped short the door barely missing her face. With a huff she barged through the door. “Why must you always opposed to everything I want?”

William looked up from his desk an inquiring look on his face, but Buffy answered his look with a straight face. “I wouldn’t have to oppose if you don’t wish to do of what I don’t approve.” He answered her matter-of-factly.

“But what I do is harmless,” she argued.

“Then it won’t matter whether it happens or not…” he said not really as a question but as a mean of ending their conversation. But Buffy didn’t see it that way as she tried to argue yet again. But before she could get a word in, “that’s the end of discussion, Ms. Summers. I suggest you go upstairs and check up on Prue. I think she’s up from her afternoon nap. You can go now.” He said as he looked back down on his desk.

Seeing no hope in the situation right at the moment, Buffy turned back and went out the door heart broken but mind set into convincing William to change his.

♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣♣
December 12, 1997

In just a matter of 13 days before me and Spike’s first Christmas here in our new home. I had gone to the mall today and bought thousands of Christmas trimmings that I think would look divine hanged on the tree that Mr. Giles had picked out. I decided to buy a real tree this year. I always loved the smell of fresh pine. Who cares if I have to sweep the floor every minute the smell of pine just makes Christmas more Christmas-y! I wish Spike would like the way I would set it all up I can’t wait for his reaction once I’m finished!


“What is wrong with him!” Buffy came barging into the kitchen doors swinging as Joyce calmly looked in her direction then continued preparing dinner. She sat down on the kitchen island with a huff, “Not because he’s miserable means that everybody should be too. Christmas is the one thing people are supposed to look forward too. My favorite holiday nonetheless…” she pouted for a second or so then sat up, “And he’s not gonna mess it up for me or anybody else!” she said out loud, striding out of the room, as if determined to win the war to stop the apocalypse.

“That’s good,” Joyce said to the empty air as she stirred silently by the stove.

to be continued...