Chapter Five
For Oracleholly

They waited at the front door of the mansion, the sun rising in a hurry over their shoulders. The perverted sexual act had progressed and it grossed Buffy out enough to make her stop and check Spike’s expression. He looked as repulsed as she did, which was so of the good. If he had been enjoying this little activity he was so going to be kidnapped with a stake in his chest.

“Oh Buffy, really. I don’t think this is such a good idea. Angel would appear to be…rather…busy just now. Couldn’t you kidnap him at some other, less exposed moment?”

“Ssh,” she hissed over her shoulder, snatching the large bulky cross from Giles’s bag and grabbing the thick blanket in her other hand. “Okay, this is the plan. You hold the cross against the naked couple while I throw the blanket over Spike. You push him out while I guard our backs. Got it?”

She blinked as Giles’s spluttered indignant.

“Are you bloody well mad? What are you thinking, Buffy?”

“He’s crippled, Giles. Look, I’ll explain it all later, but right now we have to get him out of there.” Her annoyed whisper lacked the impact of her usual hands on hips, normal tenor as she outlined and expected agreement to her plans.

Giles couldn’t decide if he should laugh or cry. “I have always thought you a strange girl, Buffy, but if this doesn’t take the cake.”

“I’ll bloody well buy you cake. Lot’s of cake. British cake, even. If we can just get in there and get him out. And Giles, make sure he’s covered. I don’t want him to get crispy.”

He just mumbled about her ‘atrocious’ accent as he grabbed a stake.

Waiting for no more argument, Buffy was off, bounding into the mansion with a hesitant Watcher wielding his dangerous cross and hitting out and causing some singed skin just for the sake of his twisted satisfaction. A shocked Angelus fell back and out of his cold lover’s passage, feeling a burning rage as the elder Brit covered his mouth and snickered. He caught Spike’s eye—in a bizarre moment of male solidarity—and both turned to Buffy. Before she could complete the swing of the blanket, she pouted.

“Hey, it was dark,” she defended despite the flush of embarrassment that heated her cheeks. “And virgin here. How was I supposed to know?”

The shrouding blanket cut the gaffaw short as it was replaced by an annoyed shout and a struggling set of arms. He was shifting the blanket and would definitely get burned if he didn’t stop it. So, in typical Buffy fashion, she hit him over the head with a heavy statue and knocked him out. Which was more than good for the whole kidnap scenario. Arranging the blanket quickly and safely over his head, she rolled him to Giles and took the cross, rolling her eyes at the hissing and spitting vampires that tried to crowd her to the door. Giles swung it open and at last they were in the light.

With a smile tossed their way, Buffy went to help Giles. She put a bundled Spike into the back seat while Giles collapsed the chair and stowed it in the trunk. As the blanket seemed to slip and Spike’s leg began to steam, Buffy smiled at the ingenuous reason to stay close to him in the back. Quickly getting into the seat, she was ready for everything as she nursed the heavy booted feet in her lap, a satisfied smile making her feel all warm and tingly. It was a feeling similar to the one where she’d reacted to Spike’s head falling into her lap, his nose brushing against her crotch.

Giles got back in the driver’s seat, shooting her an irritated glare before setting off.

“And where exactly were you planning to keep Spike?” he asked in his watchery huffy voice.

She pouted. Her frantic plan hadn’t gone past tearing him away from Dru’s evil hair.

“Um, your place?” she asked hopefully, knowing by the way his foot slammed down on the brake and they skidded to a scary halt that that idea wasn’t so much of a goer. She was really going to thank God for keeping her safe in cars when her head finally hit a pillow tonight.

“Not bloody likely,” he confirmed, his voice at least one octave higher than normal when she’d hit him with something hard to swallow. Oops, needed to extend the plan.

“I guess I could put him in our basement.”

“Buffy,” he nearly shouted at her, concern getting the better of his propriety. “You can’t put your mother in danger like that.”

“Oh, no problem,” she told him, her voice filled with a happiness and good humour that had been sorely missing since the whole return of Angelus, which admittedly had so far only been two weeks.

“She’s gone on one of her buying trips. So, I’m all curfew-free Buffy. All good with the vamp-sitting.” She could feel it rising within her, her body tingling with an excitement that had her wanting to bounce in her seat, wanting to explore the hidden gift under the blanket.

Her hand found a spot underneath the cover right at his ankle. She jimmied his tight jeans up a little and allowed her fingers to find the skin at his knobbly bone. It apparently tickled as he moved slightly. Skin seemed to be a no-go due to the tightness of his jeans and instead she ran her palm lightly over his shin and up to his thigh, stopped only when her hand was covered by a cooler one and she was deliberately placed over the stretched denim of his hardened cock. She let it rest for a blinding second, snatching her hand back out from the blanket to the tune of his low growly laugh and flushed so hot her hair felt on fire.

“Oh God,” she panicked under her breath, yet that funny persistent smile stretched her cheek muscles as she felt all slick and uncomfortable in her seat. She felt a rising burn between her legs and she couldn’t stop the squirm that had Spike’s legs rubbing over her lap. Nor could she hold back the moan that built in her throat at the exquisite pain of having some of him touch her. She had an awful feeling she was in mega trouble and that she hadn’t saved him to get him away from the others at all. Right now she was a horny Slayer, who should really have known better after her last vampire sexual experience.

Giles pulled up in her driveway just as Buffy was contemplating parting her legs and finding a way to deal with the white hot itch that was making thoughts flash at painful rates in her head.

With a swift bump of her forehead against the warming glass of her side window, she reasserted some form of control and moved out from Spike’s legs and raced up and through her bedroom window to open her front door from the inside. Giles was already there with the compacted wheelchair and without speaking or handing it to her, he dropped it against the wall and walked further inside to retrieve a glass before becoming ensconced at the cabinet where he knew Joyce kept her alcohol.

Buffy eyed him warily before being diverted by a shout from the car.

“Bit bloody heat sensitive, you bint. Get me the hell out of the sauna.”

Buffy hurried to the car, flung open the door closest to Spike’s head and dragged him—mindless of the positioning of the blanket—out of the car and over her shoulder.

She cringed at his pained cries as she hurried to her front door, hopefully moving fast enough that none of her early riser neighbours could see anything and wonder how she could carry a grown man—smoking at an alarming rate—across her front yard and into her house.

Once inside she practically threw him on the couch, thankful that her mother kept the curtains closed over night and grateful that she herself was too busy to have opened them the day before.

Fortified with strong spirits, Giles took one look at the cursing punk-looking vampire and his fussing Slayer, shook his head and left.

Whatever was going on this time, he was more than happy for it to go on without him. His bed was the only thing that could comfort him after this very strange end to the night. He only hoped that, again, Buffy knew what she was doing.

Because only God could help them all if she was doing what he thought she was doing.


A/N...many thanks go to these great reviewers: Tam, sue, demonica mills, Bridget, dreamgirl4eva, Katie and Mariana. Here is to hoping you enjoy this chapter.