The dark castle loomed in the distance, and the sound of the horses' hooves trampling the hardened ground rang out through the valley as William and his army approached Colligt.



William's mind was a tangled mass of confusion and worry. He had seen his father's concerned face as he mounted his horse and turned from the castle and, given his past history with Angelus, he knew his father feared the worst.



He had told Queen Joyce that he wouldn't return without Buffy and he had meant it. He wasn't going to face the world without her, and if it meant taking down Angelus at the cost of his own life to see that she were safe, then that's what he planned to do.



"You okay?" Daniel asked as he rode silently beside William.



"Yeah, just fine mate," William said, not taking his eyes off their destination.



"You don't look fine."



William sighed heavily, glancing over at his red-haired friend before he gave him a little smile. "Just not sure about the outcome of this one is all," he told him. "If I do manage to somehow get her, she's going to rip me apart when she finds out who I really am."



Daniel laughed quietly to himself while shaking his head. "I can't believe you went through with that," he said, smiling. "You'd think after all these years, you would have learned by now."



"Yes, and I'd think, you, Oz, would have learned who you're laughing at," William said, trying to look angry.



"Oh, going to pull rank on me now, are you?" Oz laughed.



"Can do what I please," William said smugly as he turned his head. "I'll be King soon enough."



"Lord help us all," Wesley muttered as he paced his horse with William's.



"Not you too?" William asked, glancing over at his best knight.



"Well, if memory serves, I do believe we all told you what a bad idea that was."



"Not my fault we were attacked," William stated angrily. "Everything would have gone perfectly fine if that stupid wanker wouldn't have bollocked up my plan. He will stop at nothing to make my life miserable."



"Well, Angelus doesn't like to lose," Oz said looking at the castle. "And I'm sure he's more than prepared for us."



William shook his head in affirmation, knowing that Angelus would do everything in his power to keep Buffy from him, even if it meant taking her life.







Buffy watched as the army approached; hope springing to her chest in thoughts of her rescue. She could hear Ethan's army preparing for battle as they locked the castle down. Their shouts and yells could be heard echoing through the halls and the scurry of men could be seen on the courtyard below.



Anticipation was causing her heart to race in her chest as Ethan continued to talk behind her. She had tried to tune him out completely, but the constant demands he shouted to his army were beginning to wear thin on her nerves.



As the army finally approached the castle, Buffy smiled as she finally saw William. Her eyes were fixated on him and her heart soared in her chest. He came, she thought happily to herself as her eyes drank him in.



As the loud shout from the man to William's left caught her attention, Buffy tore her eyes away from William, looking at the dark haired man who, with sword raised high, gave the command to attack.



Buffy's breath caught in her throat as they all charged the castle, Ethan's cry to his men almost deafening her as the battle began.



As hard as she tried, keeping track of William was almost impossible. The scurry of activity below was amazing to watch and the more she saw, the more frightened she became.



Men were falling from their horses as others jumped and charged Ethan's men. The cries of the men were mingled with pain and she knew that death would find many of the young knights as they fought for her freedom.



Buffy once again saw the dark-haired man that had ordered the approaching army to advance and the more she watched him, the more she realized he was in charge. The fleeting thought that he may be Prince Edward flitted through her mind and panic began to set in.







The battle on the ground was fast and furious as neither side gave. Blood was spilled from both sides as William's army tried to gain access to the castle while Ethan's men tried to hold them back.



Angelus stood on the outer wall of the castle, watching the scene below with a satisfying smile. His eyes were riveted to William and a sardonic chuckle escaped him as he watched. As he saw the first man scale the wall of the castle, Angelus turned, making his way back inside.







"Looks as if things are about to get interesting princess," Ethan said as he also saw several men making their way up the castle walls. "What do you say we find a more secure place to put you?" He asked as he reached out and grabbed Buffy's arm, dragging her away from the small window.



Buffy protested loudly as Ethan hurried her to the door. Her heart was racing in her chest as they stepped out into the hall, where the sounds of the fight grew louder.



"I'll take her," Angelus said loudly as he stepped around the corner and saw Ethan and Buffy. "You may want to get that witch to be of some use and stop William. His men are already making it over the wall," he shouted angrily.



"Very well," Ethan said, letting go of Buffy as Angelus grabbed her. "I already have plans for William and his men."



Buffy was whisked down the hall as Ethan turned and made his way down the steps. The look on Angelus' face was one of anger and determination as he hurried her down the steps of the castle and down a long corridor. The sounds coming from outside were getting louder and she knew King Rupert's men were finally getting inside.



William quickly scaled the wall with Oz by his side and both men broke out into a run the instant their feet were on the small ledge that made up the top of the wall. Several of Angelus' men met them before they made it to the main building and they were once again thrown into battle. The loud clicking of swords as they connected rang throughout the courtyard below and as the air around them began to move, William saw two of their opponents stop and stare up at the sky. The small distraction was all William and Oz needed to clear their path.



As the last one fell, Oz turned quickly to where the men had been looking, his eyes widening at the scene before him. "William, we are in serious trouble," he said, shaking as he pointed toward the south wall.



William turned, his annoyance at the situation only increasing as he saw the Trolothan. The large red dragon had returned and the scurry of movement on the ground increased as the beast began its descent.



William and Oz watched as claws and teeth were used to scoop up men and fling them carelessly away from the castle. The screams increased as the men still on the ground ran helplessly from the creature.



"Come on," William said as he turned and ran for the castle. "We can't help them."



Oz followed, running into the castle behind William as the screams of agony rang in his ears.







It was total chaos as Buffy watched the scene play out. The horror of seeing the beast practically rip the men apart trying to rescue her had her turning her head. She felt her stomach turn as terrified screams wafted through the breeze. The loud laughter of Angelus only heightened her fear of the situation as she opened her eyes and looked at him.



"You weren't seriously thinking he was actually going to rescue you, were you?" Angelus asked, still chuckling. "William has been down this road before princess. He wasn't able to do it the first time, what's makes you think he can now?"



"He's already inside the castle," Buffy said, trying to sound more confident than she was feeling. "It will only be a matter of time before he finds me."



"Yes, and what fun we'll have when he does," Angelus said, smiling. "I honestly didn't think he'd ever fall for another so hard after Drucilla, but the boy proves me wrong time and time again. His-full out assault on the castle proves that. I guess he wasn't willing to risk your life so carelessly as he did with hers."



"What are you talking about?" Buffy asked numbly as she turned back to the window.



"Why, his beloved Drucilla," Angelus said, still grinning. "I'm sure he told you about her?"



Buffy glanced over her shoulder at Angelus, the grin on his face only confusing her more. "Drucilla? Prince Edward's first bride?"



"Yes, surely he's told you of her."



"Not really," Buffy said as she once again turned back to the window.



"Well, well," Angelus said taking a step away from her. "Seems our little William is keeping secrets from his bride-to-be. I suppose he'll share the story with you eventually."



Buffy was only half-listening as she continued to watch the slaughter outside the castle. The dragon was quickly thinning the number of men trying to gain access to the castle and as she felt Angelus' hand come to rest on her waist; she gasped and turned to him quickly. "Get your hands off of me!" She yelled as she slapped at his hand and moved back away from him.



"What's wrong princess?" Angelus asked, smiling as he took a step toward her. "I thought we'd have a little fun before William came for you."



Buffy had so many emotions running through her, she wasn't sure which one to act on first. Anger and fear were the most prominent, as were total loathing and disgust at the man who was slowly advancing on her as his hands once again settled around her waist. As her anger finally won over, her lips tightened into a thin line, her fingers curling into her palm and, with every ounce of courage she could find, she struck.



Angelus was slightly jarred from the impact of Buffy's small fist as it connected with his jaw. Raising a hand and running it over the stinging flesh she had assaulted, he chuckled loudly as he turned his face to look at her. "Now we're getting somewhere," he announced loudly. "It's no fun unless you fight back."



Buffy gasped loudly as Angelus' hand shot out and grabbed the back of her neck. Her eyes were wide as he smiled down at her before she jerked in his grasp, trying to free herself. As he pulled her body tightly against his, Buffy was overcome with fear while Angelus lunged forward.







William and Oz ran through the halls of the castle, pausing at the large corridor that led in three different directions. They both scanned the halls for movement before turning to look at each other.



"Split up or stay together?" Oz asked, panting slightly for breath.



"I'd say split up, but." William's words were cut short as both men heard Buffy scream. Oz turned his head, looking down the hall behind him and before he was completely turned, William was running. "Stay together then," he mumbled to himself as he took off down the hall after William.



Fear was replaced with insane hatred as William ran down the long corridor. Buffy's screams seemed muffled and William's imagination ran wild at the possibilities of what was happening to her. He could faintly hear Oz's footfalls on the stone floor behind him as the sound of his own heart beat loudly in his ears. As both men approached the end of the hall, a large bright, white light filled the area and they both skidded to a stop.



William was the first to recover, the small twinkling lights flashing in front of his eyes and causing his vision to blur finally clearing enough to see the tiny man standing before them. He wiped at his eyes, trying to get them to clear from the sudden flash of light before the small man spoke.



"Talia sent me, your majesty," he said, smiling. "I am called Fralum. I've come to secure the beast."



"Talia?" William asked, confused. "How, what?"



"We see all. We know of your trouble," Fralum said. "We haven't much time. I need to find the witch and the sorcerer."



William looked down the hall, the undistinguishable voices carrying along the corridor as he once again heard a small, strangled scream. "Buffy," he said quietly as he looked down the hall.



"Go to her," Fralum said as he looked over at Oz. "This one can help me."



William didn't even give Oz time to reply before he was once again on the run. As he rounded the corner, Oz finally looked over at the small man before him.



"I suppose you're one of the hobbits William told me about?" He asked, smiling as he looked at the small, almost elf-like creature before him. "Gotta say, I wasn't much believing that story."



Fralum laughed quietly to himself before lifting the small bag in his hand. "Come, we have work to do."







Buffy kicked the best she could as Angelus continued to hold her tightly. One hand was fisted in her hair while the other hung tightly around her waist. She struggled in his grasp, muffled screams escaping her throat as he repeatedly attacked her lips with bruising kisses. No matter how hard she fought, his hold only tightened as he tried to hold her head still. As she felt his tongue enter her mouth, her eyes widened as her stomach turned.



The loud moan he let out caused her eyes to burn with tears, joining the ones already quickly descending down her face. As her struggles proved useless and the feel of Angelus' tongue curled around her own, Buffy screamed into his mouth before she did the only thing she could think of.



William heard the loud yell and curses of Angelus echo through the hall and he didn't waste any time making it the end of the hall to the last door in the corridor. As his foot connected with the solid wood door, he heard Buffy scream again.



"Buffy!" William yelled as he once again kicked at the door.



Buffy's heart leapt in her chest as she heard William and more tears ran down her face as she heard his pounding on the door.



"William," she yelled as she ran toward the door, Angelus' anguished cries drifting behind her.



William felt his fear recede slightly as he heard her voice and he once again began pounded on the door.



Buffy tried to pull the latch on the door, only to find it locked. As she jerked and pulled on the large wooden door while William beat on it from the other side, Angelus' laughter caught her attention.



"Looking for this?" Angelus asked, grinning. "No way in or out without it," he said as he held up the key. Straightening his body, Angelus turned his head to the side, spitting his own blood from his mouth where Buffy had bit him. He groaned as the sickening pain in his groin where her knee had effectively connected made him wince again. "You do know you will pay painfully for that, don't you?" He asked as he slowly walked toward her.



Buffy's breath quickened as he approached her and she glanced around her, looking for anything to use against him. She felt slightly comforted that William was right outside the door, but with no way inside the room, she was left to defend herself.



Angelus rolled his eyes as he heard the constant pounding on the door. "Alright, enough already!" He yelled as the ringing in his ears increased. "We know you're there!"



"Angelus, you lay one hand on her and you'll beg me to kill you quickly!"



Angelus laughed as he stared at the door. "Big words from a man incapable of following through with his threats, don't you think Will?"



William kicked the door again, knowing it was useless before he glanced around the hall. Seeing a small window to his right, he hurried to it and looked out. He surveyed the surrounding windows, looking above him and to each side before a plan formed in his head. Turning around, William glanced at the door that separated him from Buffy before he turned and ran.



"Well, that didn't take long," Angelus said, almost disappointed as he heard William's footfalls echo down the hall. "I figured he'd try a little longer before he gave up."



Buffy's fear once again started to climb as she slowly backed up. As she felt the door hit her back and the smile on Angelus' face widened, she turned and ran toward the far corner of the room. Looking for anything to use as a weapon, Buffy grabbed the large candle sconce that stood by a large pillar and held it high. "I'll kill you myself if I have to," she said with a shaky voice.



Angelus' laughter echoed in the room as he slowly advanced on her. "No wonder William likes you so much; you're a little spitfire when you want to be," he said, grinning. "Tell me princess, will you be this feisty in my bed?"



"Stay away from me!"



"I don't think so, precious," Angelus said as he slowly walked toward her. "The fun has just begun."



William climbed onto the windowsill, bracing his weight evenly on the balls of his feet before looking down at the long three-story drop to the ground. His breathing was labored and he inhaled deeply before closing his eyes briefly trying to collect himself. As he opened them back up, he let out a long, cleansing breath before he reached out and grabbed the long sash of purple and gold cloth that hung along the side of the castle wall. Glancing down at the window below him, William grabbed the cloth securely in his hands as he carefully stood up on the windowsill.



Closing both hands around the material, William swallowed heavily before closing his eyes and picturing Buffy's smiling face. As his eyes slowly opened, he said a silent prayer before he jumped.