By the time the crowd had started to thin and the party began to wind down, Buffy's face literally ached from the smile that had been plastered across it. She couldn't remember any time in her life when she had been as happy as she was today.



The wedding had been everything she had ever dreamed of and more. The small gathering of friends had made the day a much more pleasant experience than it would have been by inviting all the neighboring kingdom's royalty to witness it.



As the night grew on, anticipation of things to come started to cause the nervous butterflies to once again make their appearance as Willow and Cordelia constantly reminded her of the wedding night. Every time she looked at William, she felt them. Her mind continued to drift through the images of him when they had first arrived in the forest when fleeing from Angelus and, as her mind replayed the night she had cleaned his wounds, she would feel her cheeks flush with excitement.



She had spent some time admiring his half-naked flesh that night and although the touches were tentative, she had wanted more. Now, she would be able to succumb to her desires and have him in the way she longed to.



William half-listened to Oz as he went on and on about Willow and how beautiful he thought she was. He had encouraged his friend to talk to her after seeing the red-haired girl throw slight glances their way.



His mind seemed to be on a one-track course and that was on his beautiful bride. The way she had been looking at him caused a smile to light up his face and made him wonder if she was thinking the same thing he was. As much as he was enjoying the party, he desperately wanted everyone gone.



Bertram couldn't contain his smile as he nudged Talia with his elbow before pointing to Buffy and William. The two hobbits shared an amused chuckle before they both took pity on the couple and decided to help out.



Gathering everyone's attention, Talia made the announcement that the happy couple needed time alone. Cattle calls and laughter rang throughout the area and Buffy didn't know whether to laugh or die from embarrassment as all eyes focused on her and William.



"Come on," Willow smiled brightly as she grabbed Buffy's arm and started leading her to the cottage.



"What are you doing?" Buffy asked her, confused as she saw Cordelia and her mother following closely behind.



"Cordelia, go see that Dawn gets to the carriage," Joyce said, smiling as Cordelia frowned before doing as she was told.



"Willow, stop," Buffy said, finally pulling her arm free from her sister's grasp and stopped near the cottage door. "Now, what are you doing?"



"Well, I just thought you might want a few pointers before, you know.the big night," Willow told her, grinning.



"Oh my god," Buffy whispered out, hanging her head as she felt the heat rise to her cheeks. "We are so not having this conversation."



"So, you know what to do then?" Willow asked, giggling at the look on Buffy's face.



"Mom, make her stop," Buffy whined as her mother joined the two by the door.



"Willow, stop teasing your sister," Joyce told her, smiling. "Now go join the others by the carriage. I'll be along shortly."



Willow smiled brightly before her giggles started again. "Have fu-un," she sing-songed to Buffy before laughing harder as she turned to leave.



Joyce shook her head, watching Willow walk away before she turned back to Buffy. "Now don't you worry about a thing Buffy, this is a natural process," she said, smiling as she reached up, brushing Buffy's hair away from her face. "The only thing you need to remember.,"



Buffy's eyes widened as she looked at her mother and her mouth fell open slightly as the most indecent things she had ever heard come from her mother's mouth started flowing. Her eyes darted around her, hoping no one could hear what was being said, and she didn't know whether to be more embarrassed about what her mother was actually saying or the subject matter itself.



"Now, any questions?" Joyce asked, smiling brightly.



"Huh?" Buffy said as she noticed her mother had stopped talking, her shock over her mother's words suddenly causing her brain to shut down.



Joyce chuckled slightly, wrapping her arms around Buffy and squeezing her tight before pulling back away from her. "Well, just do exactly as I said and all will be fine."



"Sure," Buffy said, having no idea what her mother was talking about. "I'll do that."



Joyce smiled, leaning down and kissing Buffy's cheek before she looked up as William approached them. "You take care of my little girl," she told him, leaning up and giving him a small kiss before she turned and walked away from the cottage, leaving the newlyweds alone.



"That had to be the most humiliating conversation I've ever had," Buffy said almost to herself as she watched her mother climb into the carriage followed by King Rupert.



"Couldn't have been nowhere near as bad as mine was," William said, grinning.



Buffy finally looked up at him and the sudden urge to run felt like a good thing to do. The small butterflies she had had all evening started to convulse in her stomach and she wondered if it were natural to feel that way. Thankfully, the feeling didn't last long as William smiled at her and she felt some of the anxiety leave her.



Watching as the last guest left the area, Buffy and William both sighed in unison before the realization that they were finally alone hit them.



William smiled as he watched her. She was worrying her bottom lip and she was looking at anything but him. He could only imagine what Queen Joyce had said to her. If it had been anything like what his father had told him, then there was no wonder she looked so stressed.



Reaching up, William pushed her hair away from her face, smiling at her as she finally turned her head and looked up at him. "Have I told you how beautiful you look?"



Buffy smiled back at him, a heavy sigh escaping her as her fear started to dissipate. "Yes, but a girl never tires of hearing it."



William smiled back at her before leaning down and brushing his lips across hers. He'd be lying if he said he weren't just as nervous as she seemed to be. He had been dreaming about this moment since he'd first realized his true feelings for her.



Buffy felt like all the air had been sucked from her lungs as random thoughts and her mother's words finally penetrated her brain. This was it, the moment she had been waiting for and now that it was here, she felt foolish at how nervous she was.



As she lifted her arms and encircled them around William's neck, she gasped softly as he broke the kiss and lifted her into his arms. She smiled up at him as he turned to the door of the cottage and carried her inside.



The darkened rooms were illuminated by candles as the short walk down the wall had Buffy's heart racing in her chest. Standing in front of the bedroom door, she took a deep breath as it slowly opened.



"Wow," Buffy breathed out softly as they entered the room she had used to dress in. It had been completely transformed from the almost vacant room it had been. What looked like hundreds of candles lined every surface of the room, causing reflections of shimmering lights to bounce off the stone walls. The air hung heavy with the scent of roses as their petals lay scattered along the floor. A large bed that had not been there earlier stood along the back wall with a canopy hanging loosely over top covered in shimmering white satin, and long lengths of cloth that draped in large pools on the floor around all four corners. Flower petals were scattered across the silken sheets and Buffy couldn't help but send out a quiet "thank you" to Talia, knowing that the kind hobbit had carefully arranged everything for them.



As her feet were softly placed on the floor, she let her gaze travel around the room before she turned and looked up at William. "I think those hobbits have certainly outdone themselves today."



"That they have," William answered her, smiling.



Buffy stared up at him, nervously wondering "What now?" This is the part that was foreign to her. Yes, she had had many fantasies, but she was sure they paled miserably to what really happened. As she glanced down at the floor, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before she felt William's hand rest on her cheek.



"Nervous?" He asked her softly.



"Extremely," Buffy smiled shyly as she glanced up at him.



William grinned at her before reaching up and removing the small crown from her head. "Well, if it makes you feel any better, so am I."



"Really?" She looked up at him surprised.



"Really."



Buffy smiled at him before he leaned down, catching her lips again. She sighed into the kiss before bringing her hand up and resting it on his side. As the kiss deepened, the anticipation of the coming night and the adrenaline rush from being alone with him had her skin flushed with excitement.



Her eyes were closed and, when William broke the kiss and peppered small kisses across her face, she felt a dreamy smile curl her lips as his hands wandered through her hair.



William tried to ease her nervousness, knowing that things would be harder for her if she remained tense. The small, light kisses seemed to be working as he heard her sigh before she seemed to go somewhat limp.



Buffy barely even registered that he had moved before she felt her hair being lifted and laid across her shoulder. The feel of his hands on her back was the next thing she noticed as her eyes opened.



William slowly unfastened the buttons of her dress, her warm skin exposing itself to him and, unlike before, he wasn't scared to touch her. He brushed his fingertips over her exposed back and smiled at the small intake of air she made as he unhooked the last button. Reaching up, he slowly pushed the material off her shoulders, watching as the dress slid down her body to pool around her feet.



Buffy felt like she would crumble to nothing as her dress fell away and William ran his hand over her back. His touch was soft and gentle and the small motion caused her breathing to increase. As she felt him move closer to her, her eyes once again fell shut as he leaned down, brushing a kiss across her shoulder. The small kiss was soon followed by a dozen others while he made his way up her neck.



She leaned her head to the side, allowing him access and inhaled sharply as his hands traveled down her back and came to rest on her sides just above her slip.



William felt her tense up slightly and paused in his exploration of her until he felt her relax. "I love you," he whispered near her ear and watched as she smiled before turning her head to him.



"And I love you," she whispered back, raising her arm and laying her palm on his cheek.



William smiled at her before kissing her, waiting for her to become more comfortable. As the kiss ended, he stepped back away from her and just drank in the sight of her.



Buffy wondered what he was doing and as she turned her head, she couldn't help the smile that crossed her face. He was just staring at her with a small smile on his face and gathering every ounce of courage she possessed, she slowly turned to face him.



Her head bent slightly as he looked at her and the desire to cover her half-naked form almost won out before William stepped back up to her. She looked up at him as he pushed her hair over her shoulder and stared at her in awe.



The hand that lightly rested on her shoulder began traveling over her skin and Buffy locked eyes with him. When he paused, holding his hand still just over her collarbone, Buffy reached up, grabbing his hand and guiding it to her breast.



They both inhaled deeply as William's hand covered the heated flesh of her breast. Buffy's eyes closed as sensations she had never felt before sang throughout her entire body. As she felt his hand move slightly, massaging the rounded globe in his hand, her eyes opened to look at him.



William stared at her in awe. He had never seen anything more beautiful than her as he lifted his free hand to the side of her neck. Lowering his head, his lips met hers, pulling her into a kiss that deepened almost immediately. The small kneading motion on her breast increased as his tongue entered her mouth.



Buffy felt her blood surging through her veins as the long thrust of his tongue tangled with her own. The feel of his hands on her ignited her passion and the nervousness she had felt earlier was replaced with a longing she had never before felt.



Leaning into him, she arched her back, wanting to feel him closer to her before she raised her arms and placed both hands on his sides. The thin material of his shirt seemed harsh under her fingertips while she attempted to feel him. Tugging at the material, she raised it, smiling into the kiss as he moaned when her fingers brushed the warm flesh hidden underneath.



Breaking the kiss, Buffy smiled up at him as she lifted his shirt, helping him pull it over his head before she finally got a good look at him. Hard, corded muscles twitched as she ran her fingers over them and his breathing increased as she explored him. What started out as small, tentative touches by both turned into more urgent caresses while they both learned and memorized every line of the other. Their breath came heavily as desire overcame them both and as Buffy looked up at him, she marveled at what she saw. The clear, azure depths she loved gazing into was being replaced with unleashed lust as they seemed to darken while she looked at him.



Raising her arms, Buffy wrapped them around his neck, crushing her lips to his and they both moaned into the kiss as their flesh met. Hands explored the exposed skin of the other as the kiss intensified. Warmth unlike anything Buffy had ever felt surged through her body and, as she held him closer to her, it felt as if she would never be close enough.



It seemed almost like a dream as hands roamed over the other and kisses were shared awhile their remaining clothes were stripped away. As they both stood naked before the other, they both marveled at the perfection before them.



Buffy smiled as William picked her up, carrying her to the rose-covered bed and laying her down. The silk sheets felt cool across her skin and she sighed as William rested his weight against her side. Her eyes closed while he once again began raining small kisses across her skin. As he made his way down her throat, she gasped as he lowered his head and found the sensitive skin of her breast.



Her eyes opened, looking down at him, and the sight stole her breath. The pleasant sensations from what he was doing coursed through her as he licked and nipped at her flesh while his other hand found her neglected breast.



She raised her hand, bringing it to his head, holding him to her as her eyes closed again. She ran her fingers through his hair, moaning in pleasure at the tingles coursing through her as she arched her back, trying to get closer.



The slow burn forming at her center began to grow and she wiggled slightly, causing William to moan in return as her leg brushed across his hardened flesh. Buffy smiled, feeling his need for her press against her thigh before be lifted his head and moved across her chest.



The small moans she was making were almost too much for William as he kissed his way back up her throat. Her nervousness seemed to vanish as her hands roamed his flesh and, as his hands sought her out, he memorized her reactions to certain touches.



Finding her lips, he was surprised by her eagerness. As their tongues sought out the other, he once again explored her. His right hand trailed down her body, finding the smooth skin of her stomach before lowering. She gasped into his mouth as he found her center, a small moan forming in his throat at the velvety feel of her moist flesh.



Buffy pulled back away from the kiss, sucking in large amounts of air as his fingers tortured her. No one had ever touched her like William was now and the new sensation was overwhelming. Surges of pleasure shot through her body and as she felt one slim finger enter her, her eyes opened in wonder.



William stared down at her as their eyes locked, entranced by the look on her face. She was slightly flushed with small droplets of sweat beginning to bead on her forehead. She was staring at him with such a look of wonder that he vowed to never let the look escape her.



Raising one leg, William placed it between her thighs, spreading her legs before he moved and positioned himself against her hips. As his hardened length slide along her folds, he moaned as she gasped.



Buffy's breath was coming in short pants as William's hand still worked at her. When she had felt his heat sliding along her, she wondered how anything could ever feel more wonderful than she did at that moment. Her desire for him was almost blinding as he leaned forward, kissing her neck before making his way back to her face.



"You okay?" He whispered against her lips.



"Yes," Buffy said, smiling up at him.



Placing a small kiss on her lips, William positioned himself, looking into her eyes before grabbing her hands and lacing his fingers with hers. As he gazed down at her, he kissed her again before she looked up at him and smiled.



"I'm ready," she said softly, remembering her mother's words of the discomfort this act would bring. Gripping his hands tightly, she waited, staring up at him until she felt the pressure from his thrust.



White, blinding pain coursed through her body as he entered her, a loud gasp breaking the silence of the room before her eyes slammed shut. She barely even heard his whispered words and she squeezed his hands as she waited for the pain to subside.



William watched her, placing small kisses on her face as he remained completely still, giving her time to adjust to him. He hated to see the pained look cross her face, but the feel of her was amazing. As she slowly opened her eyes, he gave her a tiny smile.



"Guess mom wasn't kidding about the pain part," Buffy tried to joke, smiling as William did.



"Sorry luv," he said, leaning down and kissing her.



Buffy melted into the kiss, moaning as she felt their intimate position when he slowly pulled from her before reentering. Small, shallow movements slowly increased in speed before Buffy opened her eyes when he broke the kiss.



Pulling her hands free, Buffy ran them over his shoulders, staring up at him as his movements became steadier. The pain that once radiated from her core started to dull as a new sensation hit her. It was unlike anything she had ever felt as she arched her back slightly, the small position change causing a trickle of pleasure to surge through her.



While his rhythm picked up, William buried his head in her shoulder as her fingers dug into his flesh. Whispered words of love were spoken softly as the world fell away and they hung onto each other as the heat between them grew.



Time ceased to exist as their moans became louder, hands gripping the other as the passion between them grew. As Buffy felt the tingling sensation start low in her stomach, her breathing increasing as William plunged deeper into her, burying himself in her heat before they both screamed out their release.



Buffy lay boneless, panting for air as she waited for the stars behind her closed eyelids to disappear. Her breaths were ragged as she clung to William, holding him to her as she tried to retain the sensations for as long as she could. As she finally felt him move, she smiled as he kissed her neck before he raised his head and captured her lips in a bruising kiss.



"I love you so much," William whispered across her face, peppering small kisses along her skin as her hands roamed his back.



"And I love you," Buffy replied, smiling while her body felt like it was melting. Nothing she had ever experience in her life had been so rewarding and as William raised his head to look at her, her smile widened. "If I would have known it was going to be that amazing, I may have taken you up on your offer in the rose garden," she grinned.



"Now she tells me," William chuckled before kissing her quickly. Pulling from her, he rolled to his side, wrapping his arms around her and pulling her to him.



They laid together, watching the flicker of candlelight play across the walls as they held one another tightly. The warmth that surrounded them both was the most blissful feeling either had ever felt. As William grabbed the sheets and pulled them up around them, he sighed contently, closing his eyes and smiling as Buffy tucked her head under his chin. As thoughts of their future together started fluttering across his mind, his arms tightened their hold before sleep claimed them both.







Buffy wiped a tear from her eye, smiling as she finally released Talia from a crushing hug. The small hobbit woman was laughing heartily as she looked up at Buffy before turning to glance at William and Bertram.



"So I take it you enjoyed your stay?" Talia asked, knowing her answer by the twin smiles covering the royal couple's faces.



"It was unbelievable," Buffy answered her, returning her new friend's smile before standing up straight. "I'll never be able to repay you for all you have done."



"Just be sure to visit often and bring the little ones," Talia said, grinning.



William watched his bride and Talia, a smile he knew would be permanent lighting up his face as Bertram talked to him. They had spent the last month living and playing in the Enchanted Forest and he hated to leave it behind. The coronation was less than a week away and as much as he would have loved to remain in the forest, he knew they both had obligations to fulfill.



"So, you're all set," Bertram said, handing the reins of the snow-white stallion to William.



"Thank you Bertram, for everything," William told him. "Never be able to repay you."



"No thanks is needed.your majesty."



William gave the little man a nod before returning his attention back to Buffy. He smiled as he watched her, seeing the tears roll down her face and he wondered what the two women were talking about so intently. Buffy's tears were joined by the brightest smile he had ever seen as she turned to look at him. As their eyes met, he sighed softly, watching as she turned and started walking toward him.



"Well, guess we better be off then," William said, extending his hand to Bertram. "Talia, again many thanks."



"I'm going to ban you both if you don't stop with the thank yous," Talia joked. "It is our pleasure and honor to have you here."


William grinned at her before leaning down, placing a kiss on her cheek before quickly mounting the horse. Helping Buffy up, he settled his arms around her waist before giving a final goodbye to their new friends.



Talia and Bertram smiled and waved as William and Buffy started out of the Forest. Strangers were something that rarely entered their protected realm, but as the small hobbits watched their friends depart, they were both glad the intrusion had been made.







Buffy's head lay on William's shoulder as they slowly made their way back to Parissa. The smile that had been on her face was still present as Talia's words replayed in her mind over and over again. She had never been as happy as she was now and with a sigh, she lifted her head and smiled at her husband.



William couldn't help but smile when she looked at him. Her smile was contagious and he leaned down, kissing her softly before pulling back. "So luv, what adventure do you think we should take next?" He asked her, grinning. "I hear the Fire Swamp has rodents of unusual size."



Buffy laughed, shaking her head at him as he grinned at her. "I have no desire to see rodents as big as me," she told him, laughing slightly.



"No?" William asked in mock surprise. "Well we have to do something. Our lives have been a constant whirlwind since the day we met. Don't think we'll get bored with no excitement in our lives?"



"Oh, there'll be excitement," Buffy said with a mischievous smile.



"Really?" William asked. "And how can you be sure?"



"Talia told me."



William was surprised to see tears well up in Buffy's eyes as her smile grew. His mind wandered back to the forest, seeing the look on her face as she talked to Talia before he wondered what the magical hobbit had told her.



"We're going to be too busy for Fire Swamps and Magical Forests," Buffy told him as she grabbed his hand that rested on her hip.



"But I've always wanted to see those things," he almost pouted. "Hear they're nasty little buggers. Be quite astounding to see, wouldn't you agree?"



Buffy giggled, watching as his bottom lip stuck out slightly before she took his hand and placed it on her stomach. "I think we'll have plenty to keep you occupied," she told him with a wide grin.



"How so?" William asked her, his curiosity getting to him at her smile.



"Well, Talia told me."



"Told you what?" William inquired.



"That we'd be doubly blessed," Buffy told him, the tears that had been stinging her eyes finally spilling over.



William stared down at her, watching the tears roll down her cheeks before the gentle pressure on his hand increased. Looking down, he stared at their joined hands, watching with slow realization as to what she was saying while he moved his hand across her stomach. As her words finally penetrated his brain, William couldn't help but grin.ÿ



"Talia told you?" He asked softly.



"Yes, right before we left."



"When?" William whispered.



"Christmas."



A joyful laugh escaped them both before their lips met. The love they shared had combined, creating a union to last forever. As the castle appeared in the distance, both realized that nothing would ever destroy their happiness. For generations to come, the love they shared would carry on.