Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the same chapter I posted a couple of hours ago, I forgot to post the REAL chapter 13, so you should check chapter 13, that's actually the NEW chapter :S
AN: For you who've already read this chapter, you should take a look at chapter 13. You see, I had posted an Authors note at chapter 13, so I posted chapter 14 today, forgetting that I didn't post chapter 13 yet. Did that make sense? Well anyway, I hope it will clear some things up a lil bit.

A BIG thanks to NEO, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't even noticed it. THANK YOU!!


AN: I'm SO sorry that i haven't updated this in a while. I'm still looking for a beta. I had a beta for like 2 weeks, but she stopped because of personal reasons. So i'm still looking. If you know a good beta, or if you are a beta, please let me know.

Spikegirl

--------------------------------------------

~ Chapter 14: There’s no more messing around

Spike was lying on his bed, studying for his exams when suddenly his phone rang. ‘Bloody hell’ he thought to himself.
He picked up the phone with a angry voice.

“What?” he asked.

“Well hello mister sunshine.” He heard Xander.

“What’s up, Whelp. This better be good.” He said, not liking that he was disturbed while he was studying.

“Oh it’s good my man... for me. We need to go to the Bronze” he said.

“And why do we need to go to the Bronze?” he asked, not knowing why they had to go, especially at a time like this. He was studying really hard, something that didn’t happen very often.

“Well, here’s the thing. I met a girl at the Bronze yesterday, a beautiful girl I may add. And she asked me to come to the Bronze again today and I need you with me.” Xander said, really hoping that his friend would go with him.

“I don’t know whelp, I’ve got stuff to do...” he started, really wanting to help him, but also really wanting to study.

“Please”

Spike sight. “Alright, but if I get a F, it’s totally your fault, mate.” He said. His uncle would kill him if he’d fail. But more imporantly, he would also kill himself. If he didn’t make it, he would have to be in highschool for another year and he really didn’t want that. He wanted a future with Buffy, not a future that only consisted of highschool hell.

“Cool, thanks buddy, I owe you one. I’ll be at your house in a half an hour.” He said, before quickly hanging up the phone, not wanting to hear his best friend yelling at him.

“Half an hour!?” Spike yelled through the phone. “Couldn’t you have told me sooner. Xander?” he said when he didn’t hear a reply. “Xander? Oh bloody hell.” He said, hanging up the phone.



Buffy was walking on the streets, with a bottle of scotch in her hand. “I didn’t know being drunk could be this good!” she exclaimed. “What a pretty lights.” she said smiling at herself. She walked over to the ‘pretty lights’.
“The Bronze.” She read to herself. She smiled and walked in. She saw all kinds of people, but it didn’t scare her. Alcohol had that effect on her. She smiled at the music they played and walked further into the club.

“Hi.” She said at the guy who was watching her.

He walked towards her. “Hi beautiful.” He said, looking at her leather skirt and blue top, which almost didn’t cover anything. “What’s a girl like you doing in a place like this?”

“Oh my god, lame. Here’s a tip buddy, use a better pick-up line.” She said, patting the guy on his shoulder before walking over to the bar.
The bartender looked at her. She put the empty bottle on the bar. “It’s empty, I need more... uhm...” She said, looking at the name on his shirt. “Bert?”

“Yeah, doesn’t really suit me right?” he said.

Buffy shook her head. “Drinks please.”

“Are you sure? Maybe it would be better if I gave you some coffee or something.” He said, hoping that the strange girl would take his advice.

But Buffy wouldn’t have it. She grabbed some money out of her jacket and put it in front of the bartender. “I’ve got the money, you’ve got the booze. Gimme.” She said, giving the man an innocent smile.

Bert sighed. “Alright, but don’t tell me I didn’t warn you.” He said.

“Don’t worry, I’ll be fine.” She said, turning around, looking at the stage. “Who’s playing?” she asked at the nice bartender.

“Everyone who wants to sing something.”

“Cool” she said before grabbing her drink and paying Bert. “Bye, and thanks for the drink.” She said, giving the bartender a fake kiss.

He smiled. “The guy that left her must be a moron.”

Buffy went to sit in the corner at the Bronze, a dark place where no one could see her. ‘Everyone who wants to sing something.’ She kept hearing.

“I feel like singing tonight.” She said before standing up and walking towards the stage.

She didn’t notice that the reason she was drinking tonight just entered the club.


“I can’t believe you dragged me here.” Spike mumbled to his friend.

“Well, how could I know that Anya would bring Cordelia with her? All Anya said was to bring a friend.” Xander explained to his seriously pissed off friend.

Spike sighed. “I know. Let’s get this over with alright?”

Xander nodded. They went to a table. A guy went over to them. “Is this seat taken?” he asked, pointing at the fourth chair. Spike was about to answer him when Cordelia interupted him. “No, take it.” She said.

“Thanks”

“Why did you do that Cordy? Now one of us has to stand.” Anya asked her ‘friend’ while all of them took a seat, except Cordelia. She didn’t really like Cordelia, but she begged to come with her so she took her with her.

“Oh that’s alright, I’ll just have to sit on Spike’s lap.” She said, sitting on his lap before he could protest.

He was about to knock her off when he saw his best friend’s look, that screamed: ‘Please don’t ruin this for me!’

Spike sighed. They were talking when they heard the guy announce a new singer.

“Ladies and gentleman. Here’s our new star of the night, Buffy!” he yelled.

Spike and Xander both looked at the stage. Spike eyes went wide with shock when he saw his girlfriend standing there.

“What the hell is she doing here?” Xander asked him.

Spike didn’t answer him, to shocked to speak. When Buffy looked at him he smiled, but that turned into a frown when she gave him an angry look. ‘What the hell is going on?”

He looked at Cordelia. ‘Oh shit, this can’t be good.’ He said to himself. He gave Cordelia a little push, but she wouldn’t move.

“Cordelia, could you please move?” he asked her.

“Why? I’m comfortable.” She said, giving Buffy a wicked smile before throwing her arms around him.

“Hi, my name is Buffy, and I’ll be singing Party up.” She said through the microphone.

She put the cd into the cdplayer and hit play. The music started of slowly and she took a deep breath. ‘Here it goes.’ She thought to herself. ‘Tell him what you think of him now.’

You... are driving me out of my mind
Cause you... take me everywhere but out at night
What more do you need for me to get with you


She started singing, looking directly into Spike’s eyes, trying to forget that the queen of bitches was sitting on his lap, and that he wasn’t doing anything about it. ‘Well what did you expect Buffy?’

I didn’t see this coming,
Why don’t you start me up?
There’s no more messing around

This could be the start of something
Why don’t you party up
Time for you to come on down


She had trouble keeping the tears at bay, she really didn’t want to be messed around with anymore. She should’ve known, letting people in would only bring her more pain.

I... dream about it in my sleep
You... seem to like me better when I creep
This time I won’t lose

I didn’t see this coming,
Why don’t you start me up?
There’s no more messing around

This could be the start of someting
Why don’t you party up?
Time for you to come on down


She could see in his eyes that he knew she was singing about him. But she could also see the hurt and confusement in his eyes. ‘He hasn’t even figured it out yet. There’ll be no more messing around Spike.’ She thought to herself.

You roll me, you use me, you love me and then
You wrap me up and reel me in and use me again
You love me, you hate me, you say it’s the end
I know your gonna do it again and again

I didn’t see this coming,
Why don’t you start me up?
There’s no more messing around

This could be the start of someting
Why don’t you party up?
Time for you to come on down

I didn’t see this coming,
Why don’t you start me up?
There’s no more messing around

This could be the start of someting
Why don’t you party up?
Time for you to come on down


“There’s no more messing around.” She said through the microphone again, looking at Spike with tears in her eyes. She gave the microphone at the host and ran out of the Bronze, with almost every eye in the room on her.

Spike watched her run away. He needed to know what the hell was going on. He pushed Cordelia off of him and ran after her as fast as he could.



AN: The song was called Party up; Hilary Duff. I really like this song and thought it would be good for this story. Please let me know what you think of the story.

And I want to thank EVERYONE for reviewing. You guys are so great! Please keep them going and if you have any ideas for this story, please let me know.

I love you guys!

~ Spikegirl