AN: Heej guys! I've FINALLY got a beta; Allison. She's really great and you should read her stories. They're posted on this site to, so take a look alright.
Thank you Allison, you're the best!
And thanks to all the people that reviewed, you guys are really great, I don't know what I'd do without you :D
Please keep them coming and I hope you'll enjoy this chapter.



Chapter 15: Mission Completed

Spike ran out of the Bronze. He looked around but couldn’t see Buffy anymore. He sighed and began running again towards Buffy’s house.

Buffy was running as fast as she could, not really feeling well.



‘Stupid scotch,’ she thought. ‘Stupid Spike.’ Tears were rolling down her face. She couldn’t stop crying- life was hell.


She kept thinking about Spike- he seemed so nice. She even gave up her virginity for him. She should’ve known better- men couldn’t be trusted. Every man she’d ever known let her down. Well, exept Giles, but maybe he would let her down soon, too. Spike after all was his nephew, and family comes first. That’s what Giles always said- he called her his family- but Spike’s his real family. She didn’t know what to think anymore. How could her life get this screwed up when it was pretty screwed up before this mess?


She didn’t know what hurt more- the fact that he slept with a lot of girls when he was with her, or the fact that Cordelia was sitting on his lap and he didn’t even try to hide it. It’s like he wanted to hurt her. ‘But if he wanted to hurt me, why did he look so sad? No Buffy, don’t go there. He’s no good. Forget him,’ she tried to convince herself, but she knew she would never forget him.

She saw the mansion and ran to her door, opening it and falling down on the couch. “This couch is of the good. People don’t appreciate a good couch anymore,” she babbled with closed eyes. She screamed when she felt a hand clamp down on her shoulder.

“Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!” She turned around, kicking at her offender, and looked at...

“Spike?”

“Bloody hell, woman! What did you do that for?” he asked, rubbing over his leg where he knew was going to be a bruise later.

“You deserved it,” she mumbled.

“Look, Buffy, I’m confused. What’s going on?” he asked, looking at her, who was giving him an evil glare.





Xander, Anya and Cordelia were still sitting at the table.

“Well, that was rude,” Cordelia said. “That girl must have some issues, poor Buffy.”
“What?” she asked when she saw Xander looking at her funny.

“How do you know her name is Buffy?” he asked, knowing that she had something to do with this whole fiasco.

“Well, you know, from around,” she tried.

“You did this, didn’t you? You know why she was mad?” he asked her.

“Xander, what's going on?” Anya asked him, not understanding why they were arguing.

“I think your friend here is trying to break up my friend’s relationship,” he said, still looking at Cordelia.

“Oh, she isn’t my friend,” Anya said with a smile.

Xander turned to her. “What?”

“Yeah, I actually only met her yesterday. She wanted to join our date because she knew your friend and wanted to get to know him better. I thought she was your friend- I really don’t like her," she said, looking at Cordelia.

“See, this is why I like you,” he said, smiling at Anya, loving the idea that some other girl besides Willow hated Cordelia.

Cordelia was still stitting at the table, drinking her diet Pepsi.

Xander looked at her with a disgusted look. “Now, Cordelia, you’re gonna tell me exactly what you did,” he said.

“Why would I do that?” she asked, clearly not impressed by his glare.

“Because otherwise, I’ll tell all of your little friends that you went out with us,” he said.

Cordelia looked at him with wide eyes. “You wouldn’t! That would ruin my whole reputation!” she exclaimed.

“Yep.” He smiled.





“You KNOW what’s going on,” she said, trying not to look at his face.

“No, I don’t,” he replied, lifting her chin so she would look at him. “Tell me. Why are you mad at me? Did I do something wrong? That song you were singing, was that how you feel?”

“'Do something wrong'? Hell yes, you did something wrong! How can you do this? How can you stand here, acting as if you don’t know?” she yelled.

“Because I really don’t know,” he shot back.

“I know what you did,” she said with tears in her eyes. “I know what you did.”

“What? What I did? What did I do?” he asked, not understanding what she was getting at. He took a step towards her, wiping her tears away with his tumb.

“Don’t touch me!” she yelled, taking a couple of steps back. She looked at Spike through the tears, noticing the hurt look on his face.

“What? I don’t understand, luv- talk to me.”

“Love? Am I your love? Do you LOVE me?” she asked with a hint of sarcasm.

“You know I do.”

“I don’t know anything right now. You say that you love me, you say that I’m the only one you want. How can I be the only one you want when you’re fucking other girls, telling them you love them?”

“What? What the hell are you talking about? How can you think that?” he asked, not getting how she could come up with such an idea.

“I know everything, Spike. I know about your little plan with your friends and how you use girls for your own pleasure and then dump them when you’re done with them.”

“Buffy, baby. Who told you this?” he asked her.

“C-Cor-delia,” she said, looking into his eyes.

“Cordelia? That bitch, I’m gonna kill her,” he said, pausing before looking at Buffy. “Baby, look at me.”

Buffy didn’t look up, instead continuing to stare at her feet.

“Please look at me, baby,” he begged her.

Finally, she looked at his face. “Look into my eyes." He smiled when she looked directly at him. “I didn’t do that- I love you more then anything. I would never even think about being with someone else. Please, you have to believe me. Cordelia wanted to date me, but I didn’t want her- I want you. You’re the only one I want,” he said, looking into her eyes.

“Then what about tonight?” she asked. He looked at her with a confused expression. “She was sitting on your lap,” she explained.

“Xander was having a date with this bird named Anya, and Cordelia wanted to come like a double-date or something. I didn’t know anything about it till she showed up. Xander asked me to come with him because he was afraid to be alone. He really likes Anya. This guy took our chair and Cordelia sat on my lap. I wanted to push her off of me, really I did. But Xander looked at me, and I didn’t want to ruin his date, so I didn’t do anything.”

She looked at him, still crying.

“Please believe me, luv. Please.”

“I-I believe you,” she said, really believing him. She could see in his eyes that he was telling her the truth.

Spike sighed in relief and happiness. He stepped towards her and tried to kiss her, but Buffy stepped back again.

Spike looked at her, confused. “I thought...” he started.

“I really do believe you, it’s just... I’m sorry, this isn’t gonna work,” she told him.

“Why not?” he asked, getting tears in his eyes, also.

She looked at him. She loved him so much, but she didn’t want to get hurt. “I just don’t love you,” she lied.

Spike looked at her. She gasped when she saw the tears rolling down his face. He stepped towards her. “I don’t believe you," he replied.

Buffy looked down. “I’m sorry,” she said before running up the stairs into her room, locking the door.

Spike looked at the stairs, crying his heart out. “This isn’t over!” he yelled before turning and walking out of the mansion, crying the whole way home.





AN: Don't hate me :P Do you really think I would end this story without make-up sex? Puhlease... :P
Please tell me what you thought of this chapter.