Chapter 21: Saving an Enemy

“I’m sorry,” Buffy said, giving him a hug. They were sitting like that for a while, comfortable with just holding each other, when they suddenly heard a scream.

“HELP ME! PLEASE, NO! HELP!!!!!”

Buffy and Spike sat up and listened to the screams.

“That’s Cordelia,” Spike said.

Buffy looked at Spke. “We have to help her,” she told him.

”What if it’s a trap?” Spike asked her, scared about losing the one he loved.

Buffy looked at him with big eyes. He looked into them, not only seeing that she was scared, but also that she was determined about something. “What if it’s not?” Buffy asked him.

Spike sighed. “Alright.”

They stood up and ran to the door, Buffy quickly opening it, and they started running again, towards the screams still coming from Cordelia. They saw her being held by three guys, probably their ages, who were pulling on Cordelia’s clothes. Her shirt was already ripped off, revealing her black bra, and her pants were unbuttoned but still on her.

“Hey!” Buffy yelled at the guys when she saw them.

The three guys looked at her and Spike. “Shit,” they heard the smallest guy mutter.

“Well, hello, sweetheart,” the biggest one said to Buffy.

Spike moved in front of her, and the guys laughed. “What do you say, boys?” the biggest guy, who was probably the leader, asked his friends. “The brunette or the blonde?”

“Blond,” they both replied.

Spike looked at the guys with hate and anger in his eyes. Spike was even smaller than the smallest guy, who was holding Cordelia, but he was determined to fight them to death if that’s what it would take to ensure Buffy’s safety.

“How about neither?” he asked.
The leader moved towards Spike, letting go of Cordelia.

“Well, boy, maybe you’d like to take it up the ass, but we don’t go there,” he said, laughing at Spike.

Spike couldn’t hold his temper anymore and hit the guy in the jaw. “Fuck!” the leader yelled, falling on the ground. He looked back at Spike, blood coming from his mouth.

“You’re going to pay for that, boy!” he shouted before getting back up. “Mike, get the blond girl!” he yelled to his friend before walking towards Spike again. “You get to watch us fucking your sweet girl.” He grinned at Spike, which made Spike even madder. The man hit Spike with an angry hook and slammed him against the wall beside them. The man moved his mouth to his ear. ”Watch your girl.”

Spike looked at Buffy. He saw the other guy, now known as Mike, walking to her.

“Come on, Mike, you know what to do. Gives us something to look at, preferably her sweet titties,” the leader said.

“Oh I will, Rick. I will,” Mike answered with an evil smile. He was standing in front of Buffy now and moved to rip her shirt off.

“Get away from her, you asshole!” Spike yelled at him, trying harder to get away from Rick, but he hit him in the face.

“Shut up and enjoy the show!” Rick spat at him.

“Yeah,” Mike said. “Enjoy us fucking your girl.” He moved to Buffy again, who was looking at him with anger in her eyes. He put his hand in his pocket and revealed a knife.

“Come on, sweetheart, come to daddy,” he said, grabbing her shirt with one hand and moving the knife towards the buttons of her shirt with his other one.

“I don’t think so!” Buffy yelled before kicking him between his legs.

“AHHHH!” Mike yelled. Buffy kicked him again, this time in the stomach, and Mike fell to the ground. Buffy saw the knife that had fallen and picked it up, looking at Rick with a smile on her face. Spike and Rick were both looking at her, Rick with an afraid expression and Spike with an amazed one.

Spike used Rick’s shock to kick him, which caused him to let go of Spike. He hit him again, this time in his stomach. Then he did a roundkick at his face, and Rick fell on the ground, next to his friend. Mike was still lying on his back, his hands covering his family jewels.

Buffy and Spike moved to the other guy, who was still holding Cordelia. Cordelia was still struggling, but the man holding her was much stronger than her. The man looked at the strong couple, who were both giving him a smirk that could only be described as terrifying. He looked at his friends and then back at the couple again. He let go of Cordelia and ran away as fast as he could, not looking back.

Buffy and Spike looked at each other, laughing at the coward. Spike grabbed her head and gave her a hard kiss, and Buffy pulled back with a look full of lust.

“You really turned me on, kicking that guy’s ass,” he said with a smirk. “How did you do that?” he asked her.

Buffy smiled. “Self-defense classes. I took them after my mom and I moved to Sunnydale, just in case my dad came back,” she answered. She looked at Spike’s hard-on, which she could clearly see through his jeans. She moved her hand down and squeezed it, making Spike moan, and Buffy smirked at him. “Later, honey. We have to deal with Cordelia.” She looked at the girl who had already put on her shirt.

They walked to Cordelia, stopping in front of her. Cordelia was looking down, but she looked up when she saw them four feet in front of her.

“Thank you,” she said with a smile.

“We know about your plan,” Buffy said with a glare. “We know all about it.”

Cordelia looked at them in shock. “H...how?” she asked.

“We have our sources,” Spike answered, looking at her with disgust.

‘Angel,’ Cordelia thought to herself. She looked at the couple, who were holding hands. ‘Why would they save me if they knew what my plan was?’ she asked herself.

As if Buffy could read her mind, she said, “We’re not like you- we don’t hurt people or let them get hurt.”

Cordelia looked back down again. “I’m... I’m sorry, I just... I was just so mad about being rejected. I wasn’t thinking...” she started.

“No, you weren’t,” Spike spat at her.

“I’m sorry, I won’t hurt you anymore. Not after this...” she sighed. “I’m really sorry,” she said again before walking away.



Three weeks later, Buffy and Spike were sitting on the couch in Spike’s living room, watching tv, when they heard the door open. Giles walked in, carrying groceries in one hand and some mail in the other.

“Hi, Giles,” Buffy and Spike said.

Giles smiled at them. “Hi, kids. Oh, there’s a letter for you, for both of you.”

Buffy and Spike looked at each other. Giles gave Spike the letter, they both looked at it.

“It’s addressed to the both of us,” Spike said, confused.

“Let’s just open it.”

Dear Buffy and Spike,

You must be wondering why you got this letter. The thing is, I’m leaving Sunnydale. When you get this, I’ll probably be gone already. I told my parents about what happened, about everything that happened. About the plan that I had about you and about the attempted rape. My parents wanted to prosecute them, but I asked them not to. I don’t want to deal with it- it’s in the past... I’m moving on.

After I told my parents about everything, we all agreed that it was best that I went to an institution for people with the same problems as I have. I’ll probably be there for a while, but after that, I’ll be in San Francisco.

I just wanted to say that I’m sorry about lying to you and almost killing you. I really wish that I didn’t do it, or wasn’t planning on doing it, anyway. I hope that being in the institution will make me a better person.

You really are a great couple, and I wish you both a great life together. Again, I’m sorry for everything.

Cordelia Chase


“Wow,” Buffy said.

Spike could only nod.

“Atleast we know that we’re safe now,” she said with a small smile.

“Yeah, we’re safe,” Spike said, wrapping his arms around her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------


AN: Thanks to Allison, Caitie, Bint, BuffyandSpikeForever, gyspy_jin, Brittany, B, Phoenix for reviewing!
Thanks to Allison for betaing this chapter!

Please don't forget to review! If I get a lot of reviews, I'll post chapter 22 tomorrow!

~ Spikegirl