~ Chapter 4: I’m not okay

The next day, the boys decided to come again, after Spike promised them that she wouldn’t hurt them.
They were looking into the window again when they saw someone enter the living room.

“Giles?” Spike whispered to himself.

They saw the girl hug Giles and they could even hear her talk through the window.

“Giles, what are you doing here? I thought you wouldn’t come today either.” She asked with a smile on her face, thankful that he did show.

“I had some time. My nephew went out with his friends.” He said.

Spike looked at the girl, Buffy. ‘She has the voice of an angel, please turn around love, I want to see your face again.’

As if she could hear him she turned around to sit on the couch. The four boys gasped again. She was absolutely beautiful with her honey blond hair and perfect curves all over. They couldn’t really see her eyes, but they guessed it was a hazel colour.

They all looked at each other.
“She doesn’t look like a wild woman, she looks just like any other girl at our school.” Riley said.
The other boys nodded.

“But what is your uncle doing here Spike?” Parker asked him.

“Yeah, how does he know this girl?” Angel asked.

“I have no idea, but...” he started, but stopped when he heard them talking again.



“It’s hard moving to another place.” Buffy said with a sad look. She remembered she had to leave the house she had with her mother and move into this mansion. But she likes it now.
Buffy decided that she wouldn’t tell him about the boy she’d seen, not yet anyway. She wanted to keep this to herself.

“Uhm... yes, of course it’s hard. He’ll come around. I was wondering if you would like to sing that song you wrote about your father.”

Buffy looked at him with a nervous expression, not sure if she was ready.

“You need to face your fears Buffy, it’s better for you and I need to know what happened between you and your father.” Giles explained.

“Okay, hold on.” She said while nervously stroking her hands through her hair. She walked to the corner and grabbed her guitar. She walked back and sat on the couch again.
“Here goes nothing.” she mumbled.


Once upon a time there was a girl
In her early years she had to learn
How to grow up living in a war that she called home
Never know just where to turn for shelter from the storm
Hurt me to see the pain across my mother's face
Every time my father's fist would put her in her place
Hearing all the yelling I would cry up in my room
Hoping it would be over soon

Bruises fade father, but the pain remains the same
And I still remember how you kept me so afraid
Strength is my mother for all the love she gave
Every morning that I wake I look back to yesterday
And I'm OK

All the guys in the house and outside listened to the words that the girl was singing.

I often wonder why I carry all this guilt
When it's you that helped me put up all these walls I've built
Shadows stir at night through a crack in the door
The echo of a broken child screaming "please no more"
Daddy, don't you understand the damage you have done
To you it's just a memory, but for me it still lives on

Bruises fade father, but the pain remains the same
And I still remember how you kept me so, so afraid
Strength is my mother for all the love she gave
Every morning that I wake I look back to yesterday

Buffy was crying now, but she didn’t stop singing.

Giles looked at her with pain in his eyes. He didn’t know what to think and he didn’t want to believe the pain she must have had, the pain she still haves (has).

It's not so easy to forget
All the lines you left along her neck
When I was thrown against cold stairs
And every day I'm afraid to come home
In fear of what I might see there

Bruises fade father but the pain remains the same
And I still remember how you kept me so afraid
Strength is my mother for all the love she gave
Every morning that I wake I look back to yesterday
And I'm OK
I'm OK

Both Buffy and Giles were crying when she stopped and Giles took her in his arms. “I’m sorry, I’m so sorry Buffy.” He mumbled, feeling her pain. He didn’t know what happened to her and a part of him wished he still didn’t.

The four friends outside didn’t know what to do, all they could think of was the beautiful girl inside that was still crying. At least, that was what 3 guys were thinking.
The other one was thinking a little differently.

‘It’ll only be a matter of time before I get her in my bed. I’ll break the little girl and turn her into a real slut.’ He thought with a wicked smile on his face.






AN: The song was I’m Ok from Christina Aguilera, which I think is a great and sad song. I would like to thank all the people who reviewed, I luv you guys :P