~ Chapter 9: Bronze

“You should totally come to The Bronze tonight Spike.” Willow told him.

“The what?” he asked, not knowing what Willow was talking about.

“The Bronze, it’s the coolest club in town. Okay, the only club in town but it’s pretty cool.” Xander explained.

“Uhm... I don’t know...”Spike started, but after he saw Willow’s face silently begging to come he said “...Sure, why not.”

“Cool, We’ll see you there.” Willow told him. She and Xander stood up, said goodbye to Spike and left for their way home.

While Spike and Giles were having dinner, Spike was thinking about the perfect way to ask him to go to the Bronze. Giles once told him that The Bronze was a bad place for kids to go and hang out. His thoughts were broking when Giles started talking.

“Buffy told me that you two talked.” He said, shocking Spike.

“She did?” he asked him.

“Yes, she told me yesterday when I came to visit.” He explained.

“Oh, she said that she didn’t want to tell you yet.” He said, not wanting Giles to think he didn’t say anything to piss him off.

“I want you to know that Buffy has been through a lot and that she doesn’t need more problems in her life. It’s pretty bad enough.”

“I know that Giles. I’m not going to cause any trouble.” He said.

“Okay, I’m going to trust you on that. Just please be gentle with her, she hasn’t talked to anyone except me for a couple of years. She couldn’t handle getting hurt again.”

“I won’t, I promise.” Spike said. He would never even think of hurting her.

When Spike arrived at the club he immediately spotted Willow who wasn’t hard to miss because of her red hair and the fact that she was jumping up and down, waving at him. He smiled, Willow was a pretty cool girl.
He walked over to the table where Xander, Willow and a guy he didn’t know were sitting at.

“Hello.” he said, while taking a seat next to Xander.

“Hi, Spike. This is Oz, my boyfriend.” She said, smiling.

“Nice to meet you, mate.” He said, not knowing what he should think of the brown-haired guy.

Oz nodded. Spike raised an eyebrow. “Oz doesn’t say much.”

“Okay...” Spike said. ‘Weird.’ He thought to himself.

“Oz is in a band that’s called ‘Dingoes ate my baby’.” Willow told him, trying to get a conversation going.

“What do you play?” Spike asked him.

“Guitar.” Oz said.

“I used to play the guitar to when I was in a band in good old England. I sang a little to.” He told him.

Oz smiled and they started talking about their bands. Willow smiled, she really wanted them to like each other.
Spike smiled, he knew this were his friends.

He didn’t notice someone staring at him.

“Who is that salty goodness?” a girl asked her best friend.

“Don’t you know him, that Spike. He’s new, he’s been here for like a week. He ditched Angel and his gang for those losers.” Harmony said, pointing at Willow, Xander and Oz.

“Why would he do that?” Cordelia asked her.

“Don’t know, he must be an idiot.” She told her.

“I need to have him.”

“What? I thought you were totally in love with Angel?” Harmony asked her best friend with a confused look.

“Hello? Have you seen this guy? Angel’s nothing compared to him. I mean, look at him. Have you ever seen a guy like him, he must be great in bed.” She said with a wicked smile. “Don’t tell me you wouldn’t do him in a second.”

“As a matter of fact, no I wouldn’t. I’m perfectly happy with my Jessie thank you.” She said smiling at her boyfriend.

“Thanks sweetheart.” Jessie said, moving in to kiss her a long kiss.

“Uhg, you people are just sick to look at.” Cordelia said watching them with a digusted look.

Harmony and Jessie broke away. “Look Cordy, why don’t you just ask him to dance if you like him.” She said, hoping her friend would go away. She couldn’t believe she was once like her. She used to be terrible to other people, she didn’t care about anyone at all, only about her popularity, but that all changed when Jessie came into her life. He made her see the important things about life, like love and happiness, he didn’t care about money and popularity. Harmony couldn’t believe how lucky she was to have him. He was absolutely perfect, and she wouldn’t do anything that would make her lose him. Okay, she did notice that the new guy was pretty hot, but her Jessie was always number one on her list. He was pretty smart to, he tutored her because she wasn’t doing good at school, but that’s all better now.
She smiled and watched her boyfriend drinking a coke, laughing with his friends Gunn and Forrest. He was smart and good looking with his brown hair and his beautiful brown eyes.
Everyone called her a slut, but the truth is, she hasn’t slept with anyone yet. She wanted her first time to be special, not like Cordelia somewhere in the back of the car. She wanted a bed, with candles surrounding it and the perfect boyfriend, she wanted Jessie to be her first.

“Hello, earth to Harmony.” She heard Cordelia shout.

“What?” she asked her.

“I’m going to ask him to dance alright.” She said.

“Yeah, alright. You go get him.” She said with a smile. She knew Cordelia just wanted to use him, but she didn’t know the guy, maybe he just perfect for her friend. But then why would he ditch Angel and his gang for Xander and his?

Cordelia stood up and walked towards Spike’s table.

“Oh oh, be aware. Queen Bitch is coming.” Xander said with a low voice. When Cordelia reached the table he put up a big smile. “Hi, what are you doing here o holy one?” he asked her.

“Shut up geek, or was that freak now?” she said with a smile, loving to torture him.

“I don’t know, was it slut or whore? Oh wait, it was both.” He said with a mean glare.

“Whatever.” She said, rolling her eyes. She turned to Spike who was watching their interaction with an amused look. “Hi, I’m Cordelia Chase.” She said.

“I’m Spike Giles.” He said, not knowing if he really wanted to know her.

“So what are you doing?” She asked.

“Uhm... sitting here with my friends.” He said. ‘Is she blind or something?’

“Ugh, right. Why don’t you just come dance with me and leave these losers alone.” She said, convinced that he would leave them for her. ‘I mean, come on. They all do!’

“No thanks, these ‘losers’ happen to be my friends, and I would rather be friends with these so-called losers, then dance with a bitch like you.” He said, clearly pissed of at her for insulting his friends.

“Are you choosing them over me? Are you an idiot or something?” she asked him, thinking it had to be a joke or something.

“Apparently I am.”

“Ugh, you just like them, a big fat LOSER.” She shouted, then turning away to walk to her table again.

“What happened?” Harmony asked when she saw her friend come back to their table.

“He choose THEM over ME! How could he. I’ll get him for this.” She said.

“Maybe it just wasn’t meant to be Cordy. Maybe he likes someone else.” She said, trying to calm her friend.

“I don’t care, he’s publicly humiliated me. I’m not going to leave it at that, you’ll just wait and see.” She said, glaring at the back of Spike’s head.