Chapter 10





Buffy waited for her heart to resume beating as she stared at Spike. She knew it had stopped or at least skipped half a dozen beats after he asked for a kiss. She couldn't stop the smile that curved her lips. Spike wanted to kiss her. She was almost light headed at the thought. Should she let him? Lord knew she wanted to.



She could only imagine how soft his lips were. His full bottom lip just begged to be nibbled on as she stared at it. It glistened with moisture when his tongue slipped out to run over it and she knew her staring was bordering on gawking. The slow smile that lifted the edges of his mouth confirmed it.



"Well, I'm waiting, princess," Spike said, softly. It was all he could do to keep from grabbing her and taking what he wanted. It would be so easy to do. He knew she wanted it. He could see it in her eyes but he had had enough of easy. He could get easy every other day of the week. Buffy was a challenge. He grinned as he thought about it. Not many of those walked into his life. Truth be known, the chase was turning out to be more fun than a threesome with edible body paints. Now there's an idea, Spike thought as he remembered the chocolate syrup he had seen hiding in the back of the refrigerator.



That cocky smile was back and Buffy stared at him as his finger moved from her hair and danced along her collarbone. The slight tilt of his head and the way he looked at her said it all. He wanted her as well.



Her smile increased and she leaned toward him slightly. She was so close now that she could feel his breath exhaled across her face as she looked up and met his eyes. They had darkened even more and she licked her lips before titling her head. "I can't kiss you, Spike."



Spike almost moaned when her softly whispered words played across his lips. Just another inch and he would be able to taste her. "Why not?"



Buffy's skin tingled from his light touch and the sound of his voice in that one, simple question rippled through her body. She glanced back down at those waiting and eager lips of his before she smiled. "Because that would mean you win the game and I don't like losing."



Spike grinned as he looked at her before he closed the distance between them and brushed his lips lightly over her cheek. "Come on, kitten. I'll let you be on top," he whispered.



Buffy laughed hard before she pulled back from him and stared at him with wide eyes. "How the hell did we go from a kiss to me being on top?"



Spike laughed at the look on her face. "Because kissing always leads to sex," he said as he ran his tongue over his lip and let his eyes roam down over her body. "But if you prefer we can skip the kissing and go straight to the part where you're naked and screaming my name."



Buffy laughed harder as he raised an eyebrow at her and his tongue poked out between his lips. She knew her laughter was just a nervous reaction on her part. Her stomach clenched tight at his words and her breath hitched in her throat. God she wanted him. Heat was radiating throughout her body and she had never wanted anyone as much as she did right now. Just the look on Spike's face made her body tingle. If he could turn her on with just a look, she could only imagine what he could do when given free reign to do what he pleased.



Spike laughed with her before wrapping both arms around her and lowered his head to her neck. "Come on, luv," he said. "I promise you'll enjoy it."



Buffy laughed harder as he licked her neck before raising her hands and pushing him away. "Get off me you perv." When he chuckled and leaned back, she looked at him and laughed harder when he stuck his bottom lip out. He was pouting. If he only knew how hard of a time she was having trying to resist him, he'd never leave her alone. That pouty look alone would be the death of her resistance. The more he played the yummier he was. Her laughter died before she smiled. "Play me a song."



Spike sat up straight at her request and leaned his head to one side as he looked at her. "Play you a song?"



"Yeah," Buffy smiled. The look on his face was priceless. It looked like someone had dumped a bucket of ice water on him. "Come on. We've been here almost a week and you haven't even sang me a song yet."



Spike's smile was slow to form but it finally reached his eyes. He stared at her and she was practically beaming. Her eyes were shining and the smile on her face and slight tilt of her head said it all. The game was still on, he thought as he looked at her. Fine. He'd play the game for as long as she felt it necessary. When she purposely batted her eyelashes at him, he laughed before shaking his head. She wanted a song? Well, he'd give her one. He stood from the couch and walked to the chair and grabbed his guitar. Buffy bounced lightly on the couch as she turned sideways and brought both her legs up to sit Indian style. The look on his face when he turned back to the couch made Buffy wonder if she hadn't just made a fatal mistake. Her heart started pounding before he even sat back down.



He strummed a few notes and she watched him as he adjusted the strings before he looked over at her. A tiny crooked smile was on his face and she couldn't help but giggle. As he straightened his back and hit the first chord, her heart raced in her chest.



"Wonder how you sleep

I wonder what you think of me

If I could go back

Would you have ever been with me

I want you to be unused

I want you to remember

I want you to believe in me

I want you on my side."



"Come on and lay it down

I've always been with you

Here and Now

Give all that's within you

Be my savior

And I'll be your downfall."




Buffy's breath caught in her throat when he looked over at her as he sang the last verse. Her flesh pimpled with goose bumps and she wondered if he could hear her heart pounding in her chest. His voice when he sang was deeper than his normal speaking voice and it caressed every inch of her flesh. The muscles in his arm flexed with every pass over the guitar strings and Buffy couldn't take her eyes off of him. The look on his face was almost orgasmic and she swallowed heavily as she stared at him. The sexy rock star image she had teased him about was in full bloom and she smiled when she realized it wasn't an act. He was sex. It poured off of him in waves. It came through in his voice and in the way he practically made love to the song as he sang each word to her. I'm doomed, she thought as she stared at him.



"Now I'm back on my own

Hear my feet, they're made of stone

Man, I make you go where I go

Well hell, you, can I take you home

Well, I'm coming home on my back

Kissing me, your lips painted black

Saying oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Let me be your downfall

Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

Let me be you downfall, baby."




The minute the last note died Buffy took a breath. She inhaled deeply while looking into the cerulean blue of Spike's eyes and she knew she was drowning. There wasn't another word for the shortness of breath or the weightlessness of her limbs. She was losing herself in him. In the sound of his voice and the way he looked at her. God help her but she was already doomed.



Spike stared at her as he propped his guitar up against the coffee table. He had no idea what she was thinking as she looked at him and her silence made him nervous. He almost laughed at the thought. He was never nervous. When she suddenly sat up on her knees and crawled across the couch to him Spike's eyes widened before she threw herself into his arms and kissed him.



He fell back against the arm of couch and gasped when she forced her tongue in past his lips. Her fingers fisted in his hair as she pulled him to her and when she twisted her body and planted herself in his lap he lost it.



Buffy tried to brake for air when Spike grabbed her head and his tongue entered her mouth to meet hers. The feel of his arms around her caused her body to sag against him. She felt weightless. The fire in his kiss was like molten lava. He tasted of danger and excitement and she felt her body clench in anticipation. The feel of his hands on her back and the soft moan he let out when she pressed her bottom into his lap caused her head to spin. All conscience thought had left her. All she knew was the feel of him and the way he smelled and tasted. It had been so long. She could feel his hardening length pressing against her thigh and her heart felt like it would burst out of her chest any minute. There wasn't an inch between them. Her breasts were pressed tightly against him and the slow ache between her legs made her squirm in his lap.



"Buffy."



She opened her eyes and looked at him when he broke the kiss and whispered her name. They were both breathing heavily and the glazed over look in his eyes let her know with a certainty that she hadn't ever felt before. He would be her downfall. No matter how hard she resisted, she'd fall. And she'd go willingly. Only question was - could her heart survive it? Looking into his face she knew the answer.





[Author's Note]



The song used was `Downfall' by Matchbox 20. Great song. Give it a listen if you haven't heard it already. Thanks to `Shan' for sending it to me. Love ya girl!

Also, Thank you for all the lovely reviews! You're comments always bring a smile to my face. I appreciate them.