Chapter 5







Buffy made her way back down the steps and looked over at Spike as she reached the bottom. He was lounging against the back of the couch with his legs stretched out in front of him. His eyes were closed and she took a minute to look him over. He was still only wearing the jeans she had found him in and she reminded herself to go back to the hot spring and retrieve his shirt and boots. Red, angry looking splotches covered his chest and arms and she rolled her eyes when he reached up and scratched the side of his neck. "You keep scratching at that and it'll only get worse."



"Yeah, well don't have much choice seeing how you aren't going to bathe me," he grinned before opening his eyes to look over at her.



Buffy bit back a smile before tossing him the bottle of cream she had retrieved from her suitcase. "Put this on. It'll help with the itch."



"What is it?" Spike asked, reaching beside him and grabbing the small white tube.



"It's for poison ivy," she told him as she headed for the kitchen. "Just put it wherever it itches an stop scratching," she practically growled when his hand went to his neck again. "The more you scratch it, the more it spreads."



She heard him sigh as she started cleaning up the few dishes that had accumulated in the sink before she looked over at him. He was reading the bottle. Why couldn't he just do as told?



"It says to wash the infected area first," Spike said, still reading the side of the bottle. "So see, you have to bathe me."



Buffy looked over at his smiling face before she chuckled and shook her head. "I'm not bathing you, Spike. No matter how much you whine."



"Ah, come on, kitten. I promise you'll enjoy it."



"You, are a pervert," Buffy laughed at his smiling face. "Now put that on. I'll be back in a few minutes."



Spike chuckled at her as she walked to the door and went outside. He knew she wouldn't bathe him, but the red tint her cheeks took on every time he mentioned it was enough for him to keep asking. Not that he would mind her actually taking him up on his offer. The thoughts of the small blonde naked and squirming underneath him caused a smile to grace his face and a strain in his jeans that he hoped to rectify before the month was over. Four weeks was a long time to be celibate.



~~~~



Buffy walked quickly to the hot spring to retrieve Spike's boots and her mind was swirling with thoughts of that bath Spike kept claiming he needed. Was he actually serious? Could she really allow something to happen between them? Did she really want it to? She laughed quietly to herself when she practically screamed yes to her unspoken question.



Seeing his boots where he had dropped them, Buffy bent over and picked the clunky black leather Doc Martins up before reaching for his shirt. The thin black material felt smooth in her fingers and before she even realized what she was doing, she raised the shirt to her face and inhaled deeply. A smile bloomed across her face as Spike's scent filled her and she caught herself as a small sigh tried to escape. "You are pathetic," she said before she laughed at her own actions. "I'm sure Spike would love to know you were out here sniffing his shirt like some sex-crazed groupie."



Turning and making her way back to the cabin, Buffy's mind once again went to the bleached blonde waiting inside. Would it make me a bad person to have an affair with a rock star? A smile lit up her face as she quickened her pace.



~~~~



"Hey, be a luv and help me put this on."



Buffy held back her smile as she entered the cabin and heard Spike's request. "Your hand broke?" She asked raising one eyebrow as she looked at him.



"No," Spike grinned. "I just know how bad you want to get your hands on me."



Buffy rolled her eyes before shaking her head and dropping his boots and shirt to the floor. "You are completely full of yourself, you know that?" Buffy had to look away when Spike grinned and rolled his tongue up under his teeth. Willow had spent an entire hour discussing the things that tongue could probably reach and Buffy felt her face flame as she remembered the conversation.



"Come on kitten," Spike prodded.



"I'm not at your beck and call, Spike. This is my cabin and I do as I please."



Spike grinned and watched her walk to the kitchen before turning in his seat so he could see her better. "But I can't reach my back."



Buffy sighed before turning to look at him. He was giving her the puppy dog eyes and was he pouting? Oh, pouty lip. Snapping out of her musings, Buffy sighed dramatically for effect before rolling her eyes. "You're going to owe me big time for this."



"Anything you want, luv," Spike grinned before raking his eyes over her form.



Buffy was looking at him when he spoke and she knew she didn't imagine the look he just gave her. Maybe he did want something to happen. Hello, horny male. Of course he does. You could be a nun and he'd want it. Buffy took a deep breath and tried to clear all the naughty thoughts of Spike from her mind as she walked to the couch and took the bottle of lotion from him. "Turn around." A wide smile curved his lips and Buffy held back a smile as she removed the cap from the bottle. Squeezing out a small amount of the lotion, Buffy took a deep breath before looking at his back. "There's nothing on your back Spike."



"Sure there is."



"Uh, no there's not," Buffy told him as she looked at the perfect skin before her. "Not one little blemish."



"Well it itches like crazy," Spike said as he reached around and gave what he could reach a scratch.



Probably needs a bath she said to herself before recapping the bottle and tossing it on the couch. "Well, there's no rash," she told him as she turned and walked back to the kitchen to wash her hands. She heard him sigh as she turned the water on and she spared him a glance. He was still scratching and at this rate, he'd be completely covered before nightfall. Rolling her eyes, she shook her head before turning the water off and drying her hands. "There's a hot tub out on the upper deck. That'll probably help dry it up."



Spike turned his head to look at her when her soft-spoken statement reached him and he smiled when he saw her looking at anything but him. Her cheeks were red again and he held back the barb ready to fly when he saw it. "And how do you suppose I'm to get up there?"



"You could crawl," she finally smiled when she looked up at him.



"Or you could carry me."



Buffy laughed before throwing the hand towel she held onto the counter and started for the living room. "All ready did that and have the back pains to prove it."



Spike stared at her for a few minutes when he realized what she had said. How else would he have gotten back to the cabin? "Yeah, thanks for that."



Buffy stared at him before her smile increased. "You're welcome."



They both stared at the other, lost in their own thoughts before Spike smiled and grabbed the side of the sofa arm and tried to stand. Buffy was at his side almost instantly and he found himself increasingly thankful she was there. Looking toward the stairs, they moved with Spike trying to keep as much of his weight as he could on his left leg and off of Buffy. The steps were not fun and curses flew as they slowly made their way up them.



Once they stepped out onto the deck, Buffy helped him over to the tub and sat him down on the side. Turning back to the cabin, she quickly went inside for some towels before returning. Her eyes widened when she caught a glimpse of his naked backside just before he sat down. "Do you not own a bathing suit?" She asked before tossing the towels to a nearby chair.



"Can't say that I do," Spike grinned as he turned and leaned against the side of the tub and looked at her. Her cheeks were red again and he wondered how anyone could blush so much. "You going to join me?"



"No," Buffy laughed as she shook her head.



"Why not?"



"Well let's see," Buffy said, crossing her arms over her chest. "I don't like you for one," she lied as she looked at him. "You're irritating to be around and crawling into a hot tub with a naked man I cant stand isn't my idea of a good time."



"So, what you're saying is," Spike grinned, "that if you liked me, you'd be in here faster than I could say foreplay?"



Buffy watched as his smile widened and her cheeks grew hotter by the second. He was staring at her again and that tongue of his was poking out from behind his teeth. If he didn't stop doing that Buffy was sure she'd show him just how easy she could be. Swallowing hard, Buffy turned and went back inside. There was no way she could stand there and stare at him and not give in. She busied herself by making her bed and every time she glanced outside, Spike's eyes were on her. She held back her smile and almost laughed out loud when she realized she was bending over more than necessary. You are a skanky ho Buffy said to herself before tossing the pillows to the top of the bed and turning to look back outside. Spike's smile grew as she looked at him and he tilted his head to the side before raising one hand and hooking a finger in invitation to her. Do I or don't I? She asked herself as she stared at him before she could hear Willow's voice fill her head. You're an idiot Buffy! There's a hot, sexy, naked man just outside your door waiting for you and you're standing here asking yourself what to do? With a growing smile Buffy turned and walked to the dresser and pulled her bathing suit from the top drawer. Her heart was racing in her chest and her hands shook uncontrollably as she picked the small pink bikini up in her hands. Glancing back over her shoulder she was glad she couldn't see Spike from where she stood. You're nuts she said to herself as she smiled before laying her bathing suit on the top of the dresser and grabbing the edge of her shirt.



Spike's smile was blinding. He held back a chuckle as he stared into the full-length mirror on the inside of Buffy's closet door and watched her lift her shirt up over her head. A white lace bra covered her small breasts and when she reached for the buttons of her shorts, he shifted in his seat. Matching panties met his eager gaze and he inhaled deeply as the small scraps of material slowly fell away from her body. His smile vanished as he stared at her and he couldn't explain the tripping of his heart in his chest. She was breathtaking. Toned, bronzed skin covered her body and he swallowed hard as she put on her bathing suit. Just watching her adjust herself into the small wisps of material caused a small moan to escape him. When she walked away and the view in the mirror left nothing to see but the dresser his eyes fell back on the door.



Buffy inhaled deeply as she reached the door and let out a long cleansing breath as she opened it and stepped outside. She paused when she looked at Spike. He had the most unreadable expression on his face and if she didn't know any better she could have sworn his eyes were black instead of the bright blue they had been before. A shy smile covered her face before she walked quietly to the hot tub and lifted her leg and climbed in.