Chapter 8





Spike crossed his jean-clad legs on the coffee table and glanced up to the loft when he heard the floorboards creak. He smiled as he remembered the look on Buffy's face when he had walked around the couch when officer Finn was there. It was priceless. If her eyes would have gotten any bigger he was sure they would have fallen from her head. He chuckled as he strummed out the notes to the song he was working on.



Seeing her blush that vibrant shade of red made his blood race through his veins and the direction it traveled made him almost wish Buffy was like every other woman he met. Being able to fuck whomever he wanted whenever he wanted had spoiled him. He knew it. Which only made his current predicament even harder. Buffy had to be the only women who had gotten within ten feet of him and not made a pass at him or give in to his advances. It was a little depressing if truth be known. It wasn't natural. He should have already shagged her blind. Almost a week of teasing her and all Buffy had done was turn bright red or roll those beautiful eyes of her.



He looked up when he heard the steps creak under her weight and his eyes widened when he saw her. She was wearing the shortest robe he had ever seen. The blood red satin was wrapped around her like a second skin and his eyes scanned her body as she slowly descended. His blood was once again traveling south as he stared at her and her toned, tanned flesh had his mouth practically watering. The length of her legs was exaggerated by the shortness of the robe and he followed the shapely appendages all the way to her bare feet. Bright red polish kissed each of her toes and Spike had never felt the need to lick the red off anything like he did now. Her hair was bouncing with every step she took and the light from the skylights made it glow as it fell around her shoulders. She wasn't looking at him and he shifted in his seat as she stepped off the last step. "Where you going?"



"Out," Buffy said before glancing at him.



"Out where?"



"None of you business," Buffy smiled as she made her way to the door.



Spike stood as she reached the door and before he could say another word, she was gone.



Buffy glanced back, looking in the window and smiled as she saw him walk around the couch. "Sprained ankle my ass," she said to herself as she watched him before walking to the path to the hot spring. She knew he would follow so she slowed her steps just enough to let him catch up. The path to the hot spring was wide and bare. Dirt clung to the bottoms of her bare feet as she walked the familiar path and she turned her head when she heard a noise behind her. She smiled, knowing it was Spike. Perfect.



Spike walked as quickly as he could. The foot still hurt but not as much as it had in the past few days. And besides, no way was he going to get stuck in the cabin all day while Buffy soaked up the sun without him, especially with what she was wearing. He could only imagine what sinful little bathing suit she had on under that robe. As the hot spring came in to view Spike slowed his steps. He looked past the trees and his brow furrowed when he saw that she wasn't there. He looked around him, wondering if she knew he was following her before walking the short distance to the spring. She was nowhere in sight. "Where'd the hell did she go?" he asked himself as he looked around him. "Here kitty, kitty," he whispered. A smile formed on his face as he saw the bushes behind the hot spring moving. As he rounded the spring he was surprised to see another path. Not as clearly worn as the one he was on, but it was there. Walking cautiously, he moved past the shrubs and followed.



Buffy hoped this path led her to the falls. The brochure had said it was here but its exact location wasn't listed. She had seen the path the last time she had visited the spring and not knowing where else to look, hoped this was it. If not the wild goose chase she was leading Spike on would be revenge enough. For now.



The path was grass lined. Soft, downy blades replaced the hard dirt she had been walking on and it cooled her feet. She smiled as she heard the first signs of the falls. The soft rush of water filled her ears and the sound grew louder as she made her way through the vegetation on the path. She glanced back over her shoulder and hoped Spike was still following. Knowing him, he was.



The trees opened up and Buffy stepped into the clearing and gasped. She had never seen anything like it. The waterfall was breathtaking. The high cliff seemed to rise all the way to the heavens and the sun glistened off the water like diamonds littering the surface. The sound the water made as it splashed into the pool below rang in her ears and flowers lined the area in every color of the rainbow. It was beautiful. Smiling as she ventured closer the sun's heat beat down on her and she sighed before tossing the towel in her hand to a near by rock.



Spike heard the waterfall and quickened his steps. He grinned as he hobbled along the path. The ankle was throbbing now and he knew without being told that any healing it had done was all in vain. As the path opened up he stopped dead in his tracks. The area was breathtaking, but not as much as she was. She was standing by the pool and the flowers that surrounded her swayed in the breeze. The sun was shining off her hair and the halo effect it threw off made her look like an angel straight from heaven. He took a step forward and froze when she moved.



Buffy knew he was there. She could feel his eyes on her. She took another step toward the pool and took a deep breath and grinned. "Payback time, Spike," she said to herself before looking down to the belt on her robe. She squared her shoulders and raised her head as she untied the belt. The material slid away from her skin and the breeze caressed her flesh like a lover's touch. Smiling as she stared up at the waterfall, she raised her arms and slid the robe from her shoulders.



Spike was frozen in place. He watched her robe slid over her shoulder and down her body and he gasped as her skin was revealed to him in agonizing slowness. Her hair fanned over her back and as the material slipped from her body he released the breath he was holding in. She was glorious. Naked as the day she was born and he smiled as he admired her backside. She was perfect. As she walked to the pool he shifted his weight before he glanced to his left and walked to the tree that stood by the path. He leaned against it to take the weight off his feet and watched as Buffy stepped into the pool.



Buffy wondered if this crazy idea was worth it as the cool water covered her feet. She gritted her teeth and almost turned to make sure Spike was still there before she ventured forward. The water was cold and as she walked further into the pool she almost laughed at the lengths she was going to. As the water brushed her thighs Buffy bent at the waist and captured a handful of water and splashed it on her chest.



Spike groaned as she bent over. His mouth had already gone completely dry and the desire to strip and join her was causing his whole body to tingle with excitement. The muscle in his jaw was twitching and he smiled as she dove head first into the pool.



Buffy came to the surface of the water with a gasp. Her body stilled for a moment before she took a deep breath and ventured further into the pool. She glanced back over her shoulder as she turned her body slightly and smiled to herself when she saw Spike. He was standing by the trees and if it weren't for the un-Spike-like white T-shirt he was wearing she probably wouldn't have seen him at all. She swam toward the falls and the mist that floated from the surface of the water wrapped around her like a breeze.



She turned just before the downpour of water hit her and Spike inhaled deeply and straightened his spine as her breasts met his eager gaze. Even from this distance he could see her nipples were pebbled and he smiled as they beckoned him forward.



Buffy turned her head and saw him move. She treaded water and watched him and his smirk was firmly in place. She met it with one of her own. "You know, you're beginning to become stalkerish with the way you follow me around," she said to him as he stopped by the edge of the pool.



Spike chuckled as he sat on the rock Buffy's towel was on. "I have tons of practice at it," he said. "Well, not from this end but I've been followed for years. Only right that I turn the tables."



"Uh-huh," Buffy smiled as she slowly swam back toward him. "I take it that lame ass story about your poor, sprained ankle was just your way of getting me to wait on you hand and foot?"



"I never got my sponge bath so I'd have to say no."



Buffy watched his smile grow as she got closer to him. The look on his face as he stared at her was one she had never seen directed at her. It made the goose bumps that littered her flesh crawl over her skin ten-fold. The blue of his eyes had darkened and the tilt of his head as he watched her had her throat closing off and making it difficult to breath. The harsh bite from the cold water had already caused her fingers to go numb and Buffy took a deep breath before swimming close enough to shore for her feet to touch bottom. She watched his face as she stood and as the air hit her wet skin she shivered.



Spike's smile only grew when she stood up and started making her way out of the pool. Her flesh was exposed to him one delicious inch at a time. Her breasts were firm and glistened with hundreds of tiny beads of water that slid over her flesh and his tongue darted out of his mouth to wet his suddenly dry lips. His fingers twitched to caress the soft flesh he knew he'd find and his eyes traveled the length of her. Her taut stomach gave way to rounded hips and as his eyes traveled to her sex he knew that all available blood in his body was collecting in his dick. It throbbed in time with his heart and the strain of the material of his jeans was barely felt as Buffy completely submerged from the pool.



It took everything in her not to run and as she stood there in all her naked glory, Buffy held her breath. Spike's eyes were glazed over and he made no attempt to avert his eyes. He was drinking her in like expensive champagne. He finally met her eyes and Buffy couldn't help but smile as she stepped toward him. "You're sitting on my towel."



Spike smiled before leaning to the side and pulling her towel from under him without taking his eyes off of her. He unfolded it and held it out to her and grinned as she took a slow step toward him.



Buffy felt invigorated as she walked to him and his very obvious ogling only encouraged her. As she stopped directly in front of him, she looked in him the eyes before she held her arms up over her head.



Spike groaned when she stopped and he took a minute to admire her up close and personal before he wrapped the towel around her back. She was staring at him and he couldn't believe this was the same girl who blushed every time he let a little sexual innuendo fly. He stared at her as he wrapped the towel around her and as he brought it around to her front, his fingers grazed her breasts on either side.



Her eyes closed at the feel of his warm fingers caressing her flesh and she fought to keep them open. A shiver ran up her spine as the towel slowly closed around her and she lowered her arms and took the edges of the towel from him before she smiled. She licked her lips to try and give some moisture back to her dry mouth before she stepped between his parted legs and leaned down. The towel once again opened as she placed both hands on his shoulders to brace herself before she leaned into him.



Spike's hands went to her waist as her breasts were only inches from his face. Her nipples were hard and tight and he licked his lips when she leaned over him. It took everything in him not to pull her into his lap and pull her rosy nipples into his mouth.



Buffy felt high. Her head was light and what seemed like a million thoughts ran through her mind as she leaned down and skimmed her lips across the side of Spike's face. She could hear his breath panted out in small shallow gasp and she extended her tongue and ran a wet path to his ear. "I know how to play this game too, Spike," she whispered in his ear before sucking his earlobe into her mouth. He moaned and his hands tightened on her waist when she fisted his hair in her hands. "Probably even better than you do," she said.



Spike heard the words but weren't really sure what they meant. His eyes had shut against his better judgment and his brain had one thing in mind. To throw her to the ground and fuck her until they both passed out. When he felt her tongue in his ear all coherent thought left him. As he reached up to pull her to him, she pulled away from him. He opened his eyes and saw the wicked smile on her face before she backed up and pulled the towel around her. She winked at him before she turned and walked away.



Buffy glanced back over her shoulder as she made it to the path and Spike was still sitting in the same position. She giggled before she quickened her steps and quickly walked the path back to the hot spring. Her mind was still reeling from her brazen act. Willow would be so proud. She laughed as she walked through the shrubs that lined the hot spring and as she rounded the pool she ran. Her laughter was almost hysterical as she ran up the path and past the cabin to the bathhouse. Once she was inside, she locked the door and leaned back against it before her laughter had her doubled over.



Spike limped up the path as fast as he could as he clutched Buffy's robe in his hands. He cursed his ankle with every step. The erection he was sporting wasn't helping matters as his jeans practically rubbed him raw. When the cabin came into view, he quickened his steps. It had taken only a few minutes for his brain to un-cloud once Buffy had left him sitting by the waterfall and he couldn't get back to the cabin quick enough. His smile was still present as he thought of Buffy. Seems like the shy little kitten was a minx after all. If she wanted to play he was more than willing to be pawn in her game.



Buffy finally got her laughter under control and had thrown her towel on the bench before turning on the shower. The warm water felt heavenly after the chill of the pool as it cascaded over her body. The look on Spike's face was still fresh on her mind and as the adrenaline high was slowly receding she shook her head at what she had done. The whole thing went a little further than she had thought. The most she had conceived was Spike getting a quick flash like she had. Just enough to let him know she wasn't beyond his little games. She never thought she'd be so brazen as to actually walk out of that pool of water and let him see it all. "You are a slut," she said to herself before she laughed and grabbed her shampoo bottle. Angel had always liked her submissive and dainty. He liked being the "man" and initiate all sexual activity. She had never tried to seduce him. There was no need for it. She couldn't believe how liberated she felt now. The previous doubts she had about Spike wanting her had vanished the minute she looked into his eyes. She would have had to have been a fool not to see it and the feeling it gave her made her feel like a woman instead of a small, inferior child for the first time in over a year. She felt beautiful and empowered. Something Angel had stripped from her and she couldn't find again. One look from Spike and she felt sexy. She laughed at her thoughts as she finished her shower and turned the water off. As she picked her towel back up and dried off her smile was once again in place. "Time for phase two," she said to herself as she walked to the door. "Ready or not, Spike, here I come."