Author's Chapter Notes:
And the story is now complete! Hope you like the epilogue, and hope you all enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. And thanks again to everyone who has been following and reviewing this story. You're all awesome! *muah!* *hugs* ~Jess :-)
2 and 1/2 years later…

“Hey there,” The cheerful redhead greeted as William swung open the door.

“Hello, Red.”

He stepped aside, allowing her to pass.

Shutting the door behind her, he followed her into the living room, hands tucked in his jeans pockets. After a moment, he turned to face her with a grateful look on his face.

“Thanks for stopping by.”

Willow waved her hand flippantly in the air.

“No problem. I can’t wait to get my hands on the little devils,” She said with a grin, taking a seat on the plush couch while they waited.

William snuck a quick glance at the clock on the wall, pursing his lips.

“Buffy’ll be out in a minute,” he assured, and Willow nodded quietly.

Suddenly, a sound of cooing and giggling floated from the next room, and the redhead and peroxide blond shared a knowing glance.

“Be right back.”

Will excused himself politely, shuffling down the hallway until he reached the small bedroom on the right, all covered in pink and flowers from floor to ceiling. It was the unmistakable mark of a little girl’s room… or, two little girls, to be exact.

William folded his arms across his chest and leaned his upper body against the doorframe. A grin lit up his face as he watched his wife and mother of his children hunch over two little cribs, her back facing him as she lulled the tiny girls.

They were two blue eyed, blond haired twins named Jenny and Joyce, now about one and a half years old.

“You be good for mommy while I’m gone, ok?” Her voice was soft and laden with adoration as she watched her daughters drift off to a sound sleep.


When William pushed off the doorframe and edged his way closer, Buffy turned around to face him. He gazed at his wife lovingly, unable to get over the way she seemed to glow, now 8 months pregnant with his third child… a boy to be named William.

Her beautiful face lit up with a smile as she approached him, hand automatically moving to rest on her swollen belly.

“Gotta move, lamb,” He whispered, careful not to wake his girls, “Red’s here.”

Buffy nodded, watching as William took his turn over the cribs. He bent over them cautiously, giving each girl a feather light kiss atop the wispy blond curls of their heads.

“Rest well, my little platelets.”

Buffy had to refrain from giggling at his words. That was her William, an eccentric mixture of charming and proper, and rebellious and offbeat. And in all the years she’d known him, he’d never changed, unless it was for the better.

After he’d said his goodnights, William backed away from the cribs and tip toed towards Buffy, pausing briefly to give her a sound kiss on the lips.

“Ready?” He asked as he very carefully shut the door behind them, trying not to make a sound. His hand automatically went to the small of Buffy’s back, a protective little gesture as he guided her to the living room where Willow waited.

So many things had happened in two short years. For one, they’d decided against getting remarried, instead opting for a simple recommitment ceremony before the twins were born.

They’d finally moved from the small apartment, buying a more family friendly house in a quaint little neighborhood in Sunnydale. It was a cozy two story home that they’d fallen in love with the moment they’d walked inside.

Angelus was still serving his time in prison, not even his father’s money enough to free him from the life sentence he faced. Not that his father cared anyway. His son had always been an anomaly at Wolfram and Hart, as well as troublesome, and he valued his reputation enough to attempt salvaging what was left of it.

Hank was dead. He had killed himself in prison.

The guards found him one morning, hanging from the ceiling by a sheet he’d tied around his neck. Buffy received this news just two months after the birth of her daughters, and could feel nothing but numbness. Turns out, Hank had left her a large sum of money in his will, more than enough for her and William to buy their new home. Perhaps Hank had finally begun to feel remorse for what he did, or maybe he’d only left the money to Buffy for lack of anyone else to give it to, as she was his closest living relative. Either way, Buffy couldn’t bring herself to shed a tear over the news of his death. Not after all he had put them through.

Willow stood up from the couch when Buffy entered the room with William in tow. Smiling, she took a step forward and enveloped her in a friendly hug, careful to avoid her 8 months pregnant stomach.

“Thanks so much for doing this, Wills,” Buffy said as she pulled back.

“Hey, that’s what friends are for.” Willow replied. “Besides, you two need a break. So, go you two. Have fun.”

It was just a night for a happily married couple to share a little alone time and take a temporary break from the stress of parenthood. Nothing fancy, just dinner and a movie but then, that’s all they needed. After all the heartaches they’d endured in life, things had only improved with each passing day until suddenly, it didn’t seem like anyone could have a better life than the one they shared together. Finally, they’d been able to let go of the past, and had become the happy little family they’d always wanted.

William held up Buffy’s coat so she could slide her arms into it, and then she went out the door ahead of him, pausing at the top of the porch stairs when she felt two hands grasp her hips from behind to halt her.

“Bloody hell, woman. I told you not to take these stairs by yourself, I haven’t fixed em yet.” He stepped beside her, gesturing at the uneven cracks in the concrete of the porch steps. Though even in the dark of night, she could see his eyes twinkling with amusement, despite his stern protests.

He slid one arm around Buffy’s waist, his other hand resting on her stomach as he helped her down the porch stairs, safely avoiding any potential hazards. William was always fiercely protective, though it became largely magnified during Buffy’s pregnancies.

Life had certainly thrown them a few curves along the way. But through it all, their love had only grown stronger, and for once, the light at the end of the tunnel didn’t burn them.

Life was good.

No, it was great, wonderful, even better than either imagined.

Before Will could open the car door for Buffy, she stopped him, placing a hand over his. He turned to face her with a lopsided smirk and arched eyebrow. Gently, she pulled his head down, letting her lips glide over his, and he responded immediately, gently pushing her back against the side of the car and bracing his arms on either side of her body, such that he could lean in and kiss her thoroughly while avoiding her swollen stomach.

“We better move,” William said breathlessly as he broke off the kiss, “Before I have to shag you on the hood of the car.”

Buffy licked her lips, tilting her head upwards to capture his bottom lip between her teeth and earning a groan from low in his throat.

“Oh, please do, Mr. Giles.” She traced the outline of his mouth ever-so-enticingly with her tongue, letting her hands slide further down his back.

“Pet,” William grasped both her roaming hands in his, “We’ll lose our reservation.”

“So?” A moist kiss on his neck, a nibble on the base of his throat…

He swallowed, hard. “Red’s watching us through the window.”

“Oh.”

Buffy pulled away, blushing profusely as she spun around to see the redhead standing in the living room window with a silly grin. She gave a thumbs-up, causing Buffy to turn an even deeper shade of crimson as she offered her friend a sheepish wave in return, and Willow laughed to herself as she turned away to go check on the twins.

And William was laughing too, earning a glare from Buffy, which only made him laugh harder. She crossed her arms and waited.

“You’re adorable when you’re all hot and bothered, you know that?” He said once he’d caught his breath.

“Oh yeah?” Buffy tried to keep her smile from surfacing, looking him square in the eye, “Think I’ll still be cute when I’m kicking your ass?”

His face grew more serious then, though his cobalt eyes still glinted with laughter.

“Oh, I know you will.”

He gave her another quick peck on the lips before opening the car door, waiting until she was settled inside and closing it behind her before he slid into the driver’s seat. Buffy instantly laced her fingers through his, letting their joined hands rest on the seat between them while he started the car.

And as they drove off into the night, she let herself bask in the feel of knowing that everything was just as it should be.

The End