LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE


Chapter 7: ‘All In The Family’


“Will!” Buffy screeched loudly, “I’m half naked here, you can’t…”

Spike stopped ‘dead’ in his tracks, just before he exited the Summers’ front door, his Buffy over his shoulder.

“Shit!” he exclaimed loudly, himself, “you’re right, pet. Need to get you covered up with something before you meet the family. Don’t want Pops, or the boys to see ‘my’ property, all starkers and…”

“I am so not your property, Will,” Buffy growled as he flipped her onto the floor and stripped his leather duster off of himself.

“Yes,” he hissed, impatiently, through gritted teeth, “you ‘are’ mine. You and James both are mine and the sooner you get that through your gorgeous head? The easier this is going to all be.”

He wrapped the duster around Buffy, pulling it closed and buttoning it up for her. Spike almost laughed at how comical his woman looked, in the too big duster, her hair mussed up and a really pissed look on her beautiful face.

“I bet I look really great, huh?” she asked sarcastically, her arms now folded over her chest.

“Always lovely, Princess,” Spike grinned at her with a wink. “Besides, I want the family to realize that they interrupted ‘us’ by showing up here, now. My father probably thinks I’ve already claimed you and he’ll be pissed when he realizes I haven’t ‘yet that is.” He smirked at Buffy, grabbed her by the hand and pulled her outside to face off with the Aurileous males and the two other vampires with them.

Once Spike stopped dragging Buffy out onto the front lawn, she bravely opened her eyes and found herself staring up at a very imposing, dignified looking vampire. She realized at once that this was the Godfather, Marcus Aurileous, Will’s father and Buffy actually found herself almost intimidated, for once. By a vampire that is. If you didn’t count William, who had intimidated her one way or another since the first time she’d laid eyes on him. But that was…..

“So,” the Godfather began, his deep, low voice made Buffy shake, despite her will not to. “Are you going to introduce us to your mate, William,” the blue eyed patriach eyed Buffy up and down as he questioned his eldest son.

“Although,” Marcus added, a little miffed, “I can ‘see’ that you have not truly claimed her yet?” The Godfather, who towered over Buffy by at least a foot or more, scowled at Will as her perused Buffy’s neck. Buffy was more then a little exasperated that her bleached blond vampire ‘hero’ merely shrugged at his imposing father.

“Tried,” William replied evenly, “but just when it was getting down to the nitty-gritty, you five came along and interrupted…”

“Will, please,” Buffy hissed, totally frustrated by now. “For the love of God, just introduce me to these guys and let’s get this over with, huh?” She shot her son’s father the look of ‘death by staking’ and stood up, to her full, 5’1” stature.

Buffy knew she should be in Slayer stance, ready to take on all five of these ‘special’ vampires, but for some reason, she couldn’t do it. Maybe because she realized that for once, these guys were most likely on her side.

In fact, the vibes she was getting, right this moment, from all five of them (not counting Will, he always gave Buffy these vibes) were not frightening, or evil. All’s Buffy could feel was a strong sense of respect and protectiveness coming from all five of these strange vampires. The vibes both confused her, but somehow eased her apprehension also.

“Father,” Spike began, reverently, “this is my Buffy, my mate, claimed or not,” he added quickly, “and my son’s Mother. She is the Chosen One, killer of our kind, the light in the dark world. Slayer of evil.”

“Buffy,” he continued, silently hoping that Buffy would ‘play’ nice with his family, at least just this once. “This is my Father, Marcus Aurileous, the Godfather of the Clan, Aurileous. A clan that spans two-thousand years and claims kinship to the Aurileous of Ancient Rome. Our ancestors were witness to the Cruxifiction itself and…”

Before Spike could finish his little speech of introduction, he was shocked into silence when his Buffy reached out and took his Father’s huge hand in her own tiny one.

“It is an honor, Godfather,” Buffy murmered as she bent her head and kissed the ruby red ring on the old ‘man’s’ right hand.

‘That’s my good baby,’ Spike gushed silently, so proud that Buffy followed hallowed tradition and kissed his Father’s sacred ring. He could only hope she would follow tradition even further and ‘allow’ him to claim her, immediately. Otherwise, he would have to force the claim and he would rather not have to go to those lengths with the love of his unlife.

“Ascio amo Iori, filiola,” Godfather Marcus responded to Buffy, his voice full of respect and adoration.

Buffy glanced over at William who was just beaming with pride at her. “Say what?” she asked in her best valley girl tone.

“My father, Marcus Aurileous says ‘As am I little daughter’ and he means it, Buffy, my sweet,” Spike grinned at the stunned Slayer.



“Well,” Marcus nearly chuckled, amicably, “you are full of surprises Slayer.” Buffy stared up, wide-eyed, at the tall, powerful vampire before her.

“Sometimes,” Buffy whispered in awe, unsure of what to do or say next. She was quite overwhelmed, for once, and had no clue as to how to act now. So, she just stayed silent, for once, and let the Godfather and Will take the lead.

“I get a good feeling from you, Slayer,” Marcus smiled down at Buffy, with benevolence. “You are a killer of our kind, but one with a duty, true to her mission per say. I respect a dutiful childer, girl. Not only will you make a good wife for my son, but you will be an amazing ally in this fray with this Riley fool.”

“I have not accepted your son’s claim,” Buffy mumbled, yes, but she hoped she showed the best of her defiance. The little Slayer glowered up at the Godfather with determination. She could feel her green eyes just burn with indignation at this ‘chauvenistic’ behavior of the Aurileous Clan. Even if they were vampires, for Heaven’s sake! Come to the 21st Century!

“You shall,” Marcus Aurileous glowered right back down at the little Slayer who would soon be his daughter-in-law. “My son needs a mate such as yourself, girl,” the Godfather stated, pretty determined himself. “You are full of spirit Buffy the Slayer, something my rebellious son needs. You shall be his mate, your son together shall be an Aurileous. It is the way it ‘has’ to be.” The Godfather crossed his own arms and glared at first his son, then his rogue child’s mate.

“Now look here, Mister,” Buffy threw her shoulders back and took the ‘stance’ she was so used to.

“I don’t have to do anything you say or what…”

“Buffy dear,” Spike interjected quickly, “let me introduce you to the others?”

Buffy spun about and gave her signficant other an evil glare, “oh, go ahead,” she growled as she eyed the other male vampires.

“This,” Spike pointed at the tall, good looking dark male, “is my brother, Liam. We call him Angel, though I can’t quite remember why.” Spike smirked as he father explained.

“My son has the face of one of ‘His’ angels,” Marcus grimmaced. “And yes, little one,” he scowled down at Buffy, “I have seen a real angel. Therefore, I know of what I say.”

“Connor is the youngest,” Spike continued quickly, warily looking between his father’s and lover’s faces. The expressions on the two beings were not of the friendly kind and he was worried, so he quickly tried to make the introductions.

“Hello, Buffy,” the sweet faced young vampire smiled warmly at the Slayer. “I was wondering,” he continued shyly, “is your sister Dawn about? I’ve so been wanting to meet her!” The youngest vampire was giddy and kind, so quick to smile that Buffy was almost ‘drawn in’ by his eagerness.

“Well, she’s upstairs, in the house, asleep. But, I’ll…”

“Okay, that’s it!” Buffy cried out, coming to her senses, “no way is my little sister going to be a date for ‘Vampire Prom’ with the young William wanna be here and….”

“This is Wesley,” Spike pulled Buffy over to the dark haired, good looking vampire. She noted that this male had a certain air of class about him. Almost like Rupert Giles, her Watcher.

“Miss Summers,” the sophisticated vampire took Buffy’s hand and kissed it. Buffy heard Will growl in jealous possessiveness.

“Wesley was a Watcher, my child,” Marcus piped in, “once that is. Until he wandered into the wrong pub. In London it was, right, Angel?”

Buffy cringed and pulled her hand from Wesley’s, “a Watcher!” she choked out. “Oh for God’s sake, William. Your family turned a Watcher!”

“You may be my son’s mate, young Buffy,” Marcus hissed as he sidled up to the young woman, “and my Grandson’s mother. However,” he continued evenly, “I would prefer that you do not keep mentioning ‘His’ name in our presence. Do you understand?”

“I understand Godfather,” Buffy nodded as she turned back to Wesley. “So,” she asked politely, “what’s your gig in the ‘family’ that is?”

“Kind of a lawyer, mouthpiece, and well,” the young vampire actually blushed, “I guess an arbitrator?”

“I see,” Buffy shrugged. “You should talk to my Watcher, Rupert Giles, sometime,” she offered sociably. “He could use a kind of ‘alternate’ opinion once in a while.”

“I know him,” Wesley admitted with another blush. “We met once, when I was human.”

“Oh,” Buffy whispered and glanced at the tall, handsome black male vampire next to Wesley.

“Charles Gunn?” she murmered.

“Hello Buffy,” the vampire grinned at her. “Long time, no see, eh?”

“Uh, yeah,” Buffy stammered, shakily. “I guess this kind of explains just where the hell you went to. After you left Sunnydale, I mean. Love the fangs,” she added, honestly, “it’s kind of a ‘new’ look for you, huh, Gunn?” Buffy could sincerely say that she was now getting pretty nervous about all of this.

“I wish to meet my Grandson now,” Marcus stated with authority. “I shall meet my Grandson now,” he added, a dangerous expression in his blue eyes.

‘Will’s eyes,’ Buffy thought, a little dazed, momentarily. ‘Daddy has Will’s eyes, just like Jimmy and…’

“NO!” Buffy yelped, causing everyone in the group to jump, just a little that is. “You can’t,” she added quickly, “he has day care tomorrow. He’ll asleep. Tell them, Will,” she hissed at Spike.

“He’s asleep,” Spike echoed. “Sound asleep and out. I tucked him in myself and sang him there,” the blond vampire grinned happily.

“An Aurileous does not sleep at night, William,” Marcus hissed at his errant son. “He hunts and plots, plans and makes mischief. Fuck! I don’t care if he reads the complete Works of Shakespeare! He does not sleep at night!”

“Father,” Spike began, cautiously, “I know you want to meet your Grandson, and I know my mate will allow it. Won’t you Buffy?” Spike gave his Buffy the most pleading look, silently of course.

“Soon,” Buffy nodded, “but not tonight, sir,” she finished with her own air of authority. “My, I mean our son,” she glanced over at Will, “is asleep. He is part human, Godfather and prone to the habits of mortals. Please, my son’s Grandfather, try to understand?”

Godfather Aurileous eyed the little whisp of a Slayer that had captured his son’s heart. He liked her, he did. A lot. She reminded Marcus of the young half-human woman he had courted, seduced and mated with hundreds of years before. His Anne, his beloved Annie, Spike and Drusilla’s mother.

“I understand,” Marcus sighed heavily. “We shall designate a meeting place, with you and my grandson. Tomorrow. No later,” the imposing vampire scowled at the blond woman. However, he felt a slight smirk form at the corners of his stern mouth.

“Of course,” Buffy agreed, noting the familiar smirk on her love’s father’s handsome mouth.

“We have many things to discuss, Slayer,” Marcus said, all business like. “But for now, we take your leave and offer our protection and respect.”

“Thank you, Godfather,” Buffy bowed her head, slightly. She was trying to continue with the respectful, traditional lore of the vampires and their clan hierachy. In the long run, Buffy was fully aware that it was best to keep Will’s and little James’ vampire family close. Buffy would need them, in the end, to protect her son against everything else.

“Godfather,” Buffy looked Will’s father in his deep, blue eyes. “About Riley Finneous, or Finn, as I knew him in his human form? He is a fool, grant it, however, he is strong, Godfather. Very strong, in many ways.”

She looked over at Will, who was just seething with jealousy by now. “He’s a fucking ponce,” William hissed pulling Buffy to him. “I’ll pull his cock from his body and beat his stupid head senseless with it! If he touches my mate or my son…”

“Let her speak,” Marcus grumbled at his eldest son, “think with your head boy. Not with your dick!”

Spike hung his head in humiliation, “yes Father,” he mumbled as he held his warm Buffy to his own, cool body.

“Riley,” Buffy began again, more then frustrated with Will by now. “He was a soldier, when he was human,” she continued carefully. “When he was turned? Who do you think he first thought of to turn, for minions, I mean?”

Buffy scrunched her brows and looked, meaningfully at Marcus. Then, she looked back up at her Will, her eyes full of fear.

“Fellow soldiers?” Connor Aurileous offered quickly.

“Yes,” Buffy responded, seriously. “Riley picked the strongest and most lethal humans to turn first. They were killers to begin with. They will be formidable foes now.”

“You side with us?” Marcus asked quietly, even though he already knew the Slayer’s answer.

“Yes, Godfather,” Buffy nodded firmly. “Even if my son was not an Aurileous, I do side with your family. I have my reasons, many reasons. But for now, just know that I am with you and your family. With my son’s family.”

“I have to get inside,” Buffy stated with a shiver at the cool night air. “I have work tomorrow. Goodnight Godfather, Will, all of you.” She turned and hurried into the house, never looking back.

The six male vampires stared at the front door of the Summers’ house. Five of them realized that they would never be ‘invited’ into that house, formerly that is.

“As I said, son,” Marcus finally broke the silence, “your Buffy will make an amazing mate for you. And,” he continued, “an amazing vampire.”

“Yes,” Spike nodded, still dazed by the earlier events. “She is my ‘soulmate’ father.”

“Truly,” Marcus agreed with a shake of his fair head. “I suggest you claim her first, my son, then turn her, only when it’s absolutely necessary.”

“That’s what I plan, Father,” Spike took a step in the direction of the Summers’ house. The blond vampire stared, longingly up at Buffy’s bedroom.

“I will claim my Buffy, first. My son will follow suit, of course. When it is time,” Spike added in a hushed tone, “I will turn Buffy into one of us, truly. Just as you did my mother, Father.”

Spike spun about and headed up to the front door of the Buffy’s home. He easily slipped into the residence, much to the amazement of his fellow vampires.


A/N: This was a hard, hard chapter to write. I wanted to be real sarcastic and snarky, but couldn’t quite pull it off. I’ve been out of town, but I’m back and now I need to finish off Na Grach Croi and A Murder In Sunnydale. Next, it’s another fantasy fic…

Thanks for reading, please review. Tell me what you like? What you hate? Just tell me for heaven’s sake! Luv, Spuf