LA COSA NOSTRA; LA FAMILIA

Chapter 8: ‘Let Me? Please?’


A/N: I’m responding to a question from a reviewer, Ash, here, because I can’t respond on the review site. It’s about the character of ‘Marcus’ Aurileous.

Truthfully, I don’t remember ever seeing this name (for a character) used in the actual show of BTVS/ATS. I have seen it a few times in fictions and I do wonder if it’s not because of the origin of the name ‘Marcus’ itself?

Marcus ‘Aurelius’ (proper spelling) is actually a Roman historical name. In the movie ‘The Gladiator’ R. Crowe served Emperor Marcus when he was a General. Commodus was Marcus’s evil son, who betrayed Russell Crowe’s character. I used the Marcus because in BTVS/ATS everyone was always going on about being an Aurelius line of vampire. I just spelled the last name differently. Other then that? I really don’t know why I picked it. Anyone have any ideas? Was Marcus ever used in the show?

Well, I’ve gone and done it again…written an A/N that’s nearly as long as the chapter! Thank you for your interest.


Buffy stripped off her clothes and climbed into the huge tub that occupied her own, private bathroom. She sank deep down into the warm, bubbly water and sighed in ‘almost’ relaxed contentment.

“Stupid vampires,” she grumbled as she hoisted her leg up and began to scrub with her fave loofa sponge. “I hate…”

“Hate who?” Spike chuckled from the doorway as he perused his ‘girl’ in the tub.

“Get out!” Buffy hissed, less angry sounding then she would have liked. “Get out of my house!”

“Tsk tsk, sweetheart,” Spike cooed as he began to strip off his clothes and saunter over to the tub. “Is that any way to talk to your mate?”

“You are so not my mate, William!” Buffy growled as she submerged her naked body into the water, hoping the bubbles might cover her nudity.

“Uhm, sorry pet,” Spike murmered as he kneeled by the tub and ran his cool hand into the warm water. He tried to capture some of Buffy’s naked flesh, but alas, she alluded him. For the moment anyway.

“However,” he continued, seriously, “you ‘are’ truly my mate. We have a son together. Remember?” Spike smirked, openly at Buffy, who was now a deep shade of red. Whether it was from anger, embarrassment or even lust, Spike wasn’t quite sure. He only knew that it delighted him.

“You are so fucking full of yourself William,” Buffy hissed as she dunked her blond head under the warm water. If nothing else, just to escape, just to escape Will’s damn smirky smile, or his deep, blue eyes, or his deep, timber tinged voice or… Apparently, this little maneuver would prove to be something she should not have done. She realized this, much later, of course.

Spike took this prime opportunity to slip into Buffy’s massive tub and pin her lower body with his own naked one. He held her down, with his hips and wrapped his strong arms about her slim arms and back.

He was rewarded with an indignant Slayer whose lovely head burst from the warm water. Buffy was splashing, spluttering and swearing like a sailor as she struggled to push Spike from her.

“Get the fuck off of me!” Buffy squealed in anger as she pushed at William, yet again. “What do you think I am? A damned piece of property? You come back here,” she hissed as she pushed and pushed at him, to no avail. “You come back and just assume I’ll be waiting, with open arms and legs, obviously,” she finally snorted and gave up the battle..

Buffy slouched back against the tub tile and scrunched up her brows, a huge pout on her lips. Out of sheer frustration at this impossible situation, she did the only thing she could think of to do, at the moment, anyway. She burst into tears.

“Oh, fuck, Buffy,” Spike began to groan softly, his expression one of severe guilt, “don’t start with the tears. I can’t take your tears, Princess. Please.”

Apparently, this was just the ‘ticket’ Buffy was looking for, because she began to sob, nearly wail and followed Will’s suit. She wrapped her arms about his wet, cool body and buried her face into his shoulder.

“You don’t love me,” Buffy sobbed, barely coherant. “You just came back here to claim our son and kick the shit out of Riley Finn’s clan. You just…”

“That’s not true, baby,” Spike cooed into his love’s little ear. “I always wanted you, wanted to come back for you. Love you so much, baby,” he added, kissing the tip of her nose. “It’s like I said, earlier, just found out about little James. Had no idea until a few days ago that we had a son together.”

He snuggled Buffy closer to him, unaware, for the moment, that he was being played like a Stradivarius violin. Buffy, however was not so deluded. The Slayer knew exactly what affect her tears could have on William and she had used them more then once before to work things her own way.

“Then you’d let me make the choice,” Buffy whined softly, running her well manicured right index finger down the back of Will’s well muscled neck. She allowed her tears to dry up, just a tad that is. “Let me decide if I want to be claimed or not, baby,” she added in a near whisper, just for more effect.

“I know, but,” Will whimpered in response, as he nuzzled Buffy’s warm neck. “ But, I, I couldn’t take it Buffy. If you decided not to let me claim you as mine, truly. I would just wither up and die. Walk out into the sun, blow away like dust in the wind and…”

“What’s going on in here?” came the concerned voice of a worried mother. Both Spike and Buffy gasped and turned to look at the bathroom doorway.

Joyce Summers stood in her daughter’s bathroom door, a look of shock on her usually passive face. The older woman shook her head, in disbelief, when she realized just who was laying on top of her daughter. Fortunately, for everyone, William’s whole lower body was still submerged underneath the water and bubbles of the bath.

Still, both Buffy and Will blushed bright red from the embarrassment. No small feat, really, for a vampire to blush that is.

“William?” Joyce Summers gasped, momentarily stunned by the return of her daughter’s lover.

“Hello Joyce,” Spike smiled up, from over the tub’s ledge. He carefully kept his lower body hidden under the soapy water, as he tried to keep Buffy pinned beneath him.

“Why are you here,” Joyce sighed in exasperation. “Wait,” she quickly added, her right hand raised up to stop him from answering. “Don’t even answer that. Especially if it’s to get my oldest daughter knocked up again. I love James but…and by the way,” the mother scowled, “I thought vampires couldn’t sire children? What the hell happened with that?”

“Mom!” Buffy squealed loudly, trying again to gain her freedom from Will’s weight. “Can you just leave and go back to bed,” she continued with a whine. “I’ll handle Will, or Spike as he seems to be called now. Just go back to bed, you’ll wake James and Dawnie. Please. I’ll talk this all out with you, tomorrow. Or should I say, later tonight?”



“Well, all right, Buffy,” Joyce grimmaced and turned to leave. “But if you ‘handle’ him like the last time? We’ll be out buying new baby items in a few months and frankly, I’m not up to that again.”

Joyce growled something like, ‘goodnight’ and ‘welcome back’ William. Then disappeared down the hallway to her room.

“Asshole!” Buffy grumbled, flipping both her and Will around until she was on top. She made another attempt to struggle out of Will’s grasp, but again, he succeeded in holding her firm.

“You always did like to be on top, baby,” Spike murmered with a naughty smirk as he began to fondle Buffy’s tight little bottom.

“Let me go,” she ordered as she struggled even more to be free of him.

“Never,” he countered and pulled her head down to crush their lips together in a bruising kiss. Buffy ‘allowed’ him to kiss her, passionately, for a moment or two. (Okay, she kissed him back but she had to tell herself this was all so one way! His way!)

She pulled back from him, trying to ignore the hurt look in his amazing blue eyes. “Will,” she whispered, truly wanting to go back to the kissing thingy, but knowing this just wasn’t the right time or place for it.

“I’ve got a mother, down the hall,” Buffy mumbled, trying to explain to her apparently soon to be lover, again. “A younger sister next door to my mom and our son in my room, just across from this bathroom. We so can’t do this now. Please try and understand, baby,” she nuzzled her forhead against his, again, trying to ignore those indigo eyes of his.

‘Don’t pout,’ Buffy prayed silently, ‘please don’t give me the William’s hurt pout or I’ll just…’

Spike pulled out his last card. The ‘William’s’ feelings are hurt pout. It had always been his ace up his sleeve where Buffy was concerned. However, this time? He wasn’t so sure it would work.

Buffy was looking at him, just like she used to, Spike noticed, quite pleased with himself. ‘She’s so gonna’ give in,’ he thought smugly, ‘I’ve won.’ He tried not to show his satisfaction, too much, that is. Which was hard, considering his cock was extremely hard itself right now and there was no way his Buffy would miss that!

“Ooohhhh, you,” Buffy hissed, under her breath and smashed her lips back up against Will’s pouty ones. ‘Oh, hell,’ she gasped to herself as their tongues dueled together, ‘might as well just give up, give in and get…’

Their pleasant activities were harshly interrupted by a loud crash and following that, a huge commotion in the Summers’ front living room, downstairs.

“Oh for God’s sake,” Buffy growled, “what now?”

She pulled back from Will, who was completely into their previous activity and tried to pull her back down. Giving him the ‘evil’ Buffy eye, she scrambled out of the tub and grabbed her robe, lying on the vanity table’s little chair. (I always manage to get a vanity table in there, huh?)

“Buffy,” Spike growled in warning from behind her. He had slipped out of the tub and grabbed a huge towel to cover his lower body. “Dammit, Buffy,” he grumbled, loudly, as he followed his soon to be ‘lover’ out of the bathroom and down the stairs.

Spike heard Buffy curse, lowly, under her breath and finally caught sight of just what had caused the ‘commotion’ in the living room.

Rupert Giles, who was obviously drunk out of his mind, was stretched out, kind of, on his backside. Xander Harris was stooped over the old man, trying his best to help him up. Giles was rambling on, or slurring on, actually, about ‘prophecies’ and vampire clans.

“Xander,” Buffy sighed loudly, causing the young man to glance up at her and the half dressed Spike. “What the hell are you two doing here? Now?”

“Oh, shit!” Xander yelped, loosening the hold he had on poor Giles. The Watcher slipped back down to the floor, exclaiming ‘bloody hell’ as his head hit the carpet, yet again.

“You are back!” Xander exclaimed in horror as he scowled at the bleached blond vampire.

“He is back!” Xander repeated to Giles, who was staring at the dark haired younger man as if he had two heads.

“No shit,” Xander, Giles hissed in exasperation, shocking everyone in the room. Giles rarely swore, everyone knew that.

“Him and his whole family are here, aren’t they ‘Spike’ Aurileous,” Giles drunkenly grinned like a loon at the Master vampire. This just convinced both Buffy and Spike that the Watcher was truly three sheets to the wind.

“That would be correct, Watcher,” Spike smirked at the old man, lying flat on his back. He tried not to grin at the sight. The truth was, Spike was almost happy to see Rupert Giles as he had always rather admired the older British human.

‘Until he helped run me out of Sunnydale three years ago,’ Spike thought, just a little miffed again.

“You don’t belong here Bleach Boy,” Xander hissed with a great hostility. “You’re not needed here, now or ever.”

“Listen whelp,” Spike began as he started to close the gap between himself and this jealous little twerp of human.

Buffy somehow got between the two ‘men’ and shoved both of them further apart. She glanced, warningly up at Will, then glared at Xander.

“I will decide if William belongs here or not Xander Harris,” she hissed at her friend of years and years. “If you remember right, it was not my idea to ‘run’ him off in the first place. It was yours,” she glared again at Xander, then down at Giles. “And yours, along with that worthless Council you work for,” she added with a frown.

Spike couldn’t help it, he grinned again and sidled up to Buffy, wrapping his arms possessively about her tiny waist. The vampire smirked, happily at Harris, especially when the pesky boy gave him another angry scowl.

“Buffy,” Xander began, “he’s evil. Did you know that he is really an…”

“Aurileous, yes, Xander,” Buffy snorted, “I know. He told me, in fact, I met pretty much the whole family. Tonight, just a while ago. Too bad you guys didn’t show up earlier. Could have been a real hoot of a family reunion. Right on my front lawn at…”

“Sunrise is coming,” Spike broke in to Buffy’s rant as he looked outside of the window. “We’ve got to get you to bed, sweet. And me too,” he cooed into Buffy’s ear, loud enough for both Xander and Giles to hear. If Giles was ‘hearing’ anything at the present. The old man looked like he was almost passed out.

“You’re not staying here, William,” Xander hissed and clenched his meaty hands into fists.

“Yes, Xander, he is staying here,” Buffy countered firmly. “It’s none of your business where my son’s father sleeps, period. You on the other hand, will go home to your girlfriend, Cordelia and explain why you’re out this late, away from her. That should be interesting. Giles will sleep on the couch,” the Slayer continued, eyeing her Watcher carefully. “Or maybe I’ll just throw a blanket over him and leave him there. Obviously,” she continued, “my surrogate father knew exactly who James’ father really was, right from the start and never felt the need to tell me.”

Buffy was terribly upset by this new betrayal by Giles, even though she tried to cover it with quips and sarcasm. To think that Giles must have known, all along that William was an Aurileous? And not tell her, the mother of an Aurileous Family male?

Even more then that, she was still angry and resentful that her so called friends and the Council had insisted that she send William away years before. It hadn’t been fair then, to either her or William and it certainly was not going to happen again.

After Xander left, in a self-righteous huff, and Buffy threw a blanket over poor Giles? She headed up the stairs to ‘her’ room, with Will following right behind.


“We need to talk,” Spike whispered into Buffy’s ear as he followed her back upstairs to her bedroom. The one his son now shared with her. “About the ‘claim’ and a lot of things,” he added, seriously. He kept his hands, firmly holding onto Buffy’s waist as he allowed her to lead him into the room.

“Yes,” Buffy sighed, wearily, “we definitely need to talk, Will. But not tonight. Or this morning as the case may be,” she mumbled as she headed to her bed. It was a bed that brought back such fond memories for Spike and he tried to control his desire to just fling Buffy on it, rip off the robe and take her in more ways then one.

“I’m tired, William,” Buffy snapped, a little too harshly, even for her taste. “I need to go to work, early, and we can’t wake Jimmy.”

She glanced over at her soundly sleeping child, his fair curly head was dearly resting on his little pillow. Buffy felt tiny tears of ‘something’ begin to slip from her green eyes.

‘Exhaustion?’ she wondered briefly to herself. ‘Confusion? Hurt from the past?’ she continued her inner conversation. ‘Why exactly am I crying, for the thousandth time, over William the Bloody? Oh, yeah,’ she responded silently, ‘because I loved him. Still do and I want him. I always will,’ she admitted in defeat.

“I told you,” he mumbled with an authoritive tone, “that you will quit that fucking job. I will take care of you and James from now on, Princess,” he added, his mouth set in a firm, stern line.

“Yeah,” Buffy snorted, cruelly, “because you’ve done such a good job so far?”

“That’s not fair, baby,” Spike whispered quietly, glancing at their sleeping son. “I wanted to stay, forever, with you. It was you, not…”

“It was not me, okay!” Buffy hissed, “it was them,” she pointed to the door of the bedroom. “Giles, Xander, the others, the Council. They ‘made’ me send you away, William. I wanted…”

“Wanted what?” he purred as she pulled Buffy close to his body, pressed his forehead to hers. “What did you want, sweetheart?”

“You,” Buffy answered simply. “I wanted you.”

“And I want you,” Spike echoed, “always. Don’t you still want me, Buffy?” he asked somberly, his head tilted to one side. “Like I want you?”

“Yes,” Buffy answered, tentively, “but I want you to give me a choice, Will.” She averted her green eyes from his blue-eyed gaze. “Let ‘me’ decide if and when I let you claim me? Please?”




A/N: Kind of ended this chapter on a quiet note, just to introduce some other characters into the plotline.

The questions now are: 1)Will Buffy allow Spike to ‘claim’ her, officially? 2) Will Giles and Xander allow Spike to stick around, without interfering? 3) And, just where in the heck is Spike going to sleep ‘today’? Tee hee…

Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf