LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA


Chapter 10: ‘Light and Salvation’


When you’re a Vampire/Demon Slayer, such as Buffy Summers, it’s hard to ‘think about or plan’ your future. Your life, sad to say, usually comes with an expiration date. However, Buffy was somewhat of an exception to that rule.

She had lived past her twentieth birthday and even mothered a child. With a Master Vampire no less! Buffy was, was at present, and would always be an exception in the Slayer game.

Right now, Buffy the Vampire Slayer was trying her hardest to deter her son’s father from groping her. In all the right places, that is.

“Stop it!” Buffy hissed in frustration as she pushed Spike’s roaming hands away from her. “Get your damn hands off of me, William,” she mumbled, turning the key into the lock of the Summers’ front door.

“Make me,” Spike retorted, with a smirk. “Put those tiny, powerful hands on me, Slayer. Throw my hot, taut, muscular body into the street. Or can you?”

Spike continued to smirk and raised his left, scarred brow in a suggestive manner. He began to run his hands over Buffy’s body, grasping her anywhere he could.

“Fuck you,” Buffy hissed again as she strode into her house and threw her jacket onto the living room couch.

“Well, since you’re askin’ sweet,” Spike chuckled as she crept up behind her and grabbed her around her waist.

“Ooohhhhh!” Buffy huffed and struggled against Will. Her body was flushed and hot from this new dance that they were performing.

“Give into me,” Spike purred, seductively, into Buffy’s warm ear. “Give into me, Princess and be happy, just for once. Shirk your earthly duties and be in Heaven with me, Buffy,” he whispered in a low, husky voice.

“I can’t,” Buffy sighed sadly, going limp in his strong arms. “I can’t do anything but fight, Will. It’s all I know.”

Spike felt his dead heart break at the sorrow in his love’s voice, her stance of defeat in his arms. He hated this part of Buffy’s world, her Slayer part. Once it had drawn him to her, like a moth to the flame. But when he’d let her whole female, womanly personna envelope him? Spike was overcome with a sense of love, devotion and protection for his mate, his girl, his Buffy.

“I can give you the world, Buffy,” Spike murmered into her ear, once again. “Let me, give you the world, baby,” he began to nuzzle her neck with his lips.

“Will,” Buffy whispered, in a daze, her eyes half closed in desire, “I want…”

“Want what,” he asked her, although he really knew full well what she truly wanted. They were mated, Buffy and Spike were, together. No human world could ever come between them, ever. Even if he, Spike, had not completely claimed Buffy, which he would in time, she was still his mate. Completely, and he was hers.

“I want you,” Buffy murmered as she lay her golden head back against Will’s strong chest. “I need you, Will,” she added with a whimper.

Spike wasted no time in spinning his mate about and bringing her, full flush against his body. He began to kiss her with all of the pent up passion he had held for the last three years.

“Mine,” he growled as he peppered her face, neck and chest with hot, sweet kisses. “You are mine,” he repeated fiercely.

“Yours,” Buffy rasped as she allowed her vampire to kiss her, bring her legs up and around his waist. “I’ve always been yours,” she admitted with a raspy pant.

Spike backed Buffy to the stairs and tried to carry her up to her room. He was disappointed when Buffy cried out in disapproval.

“No!” Buffy yelped, trying to keep her voice down. She so did not want to wake the others sleeping in the household, especially their son, James.

“Jimmy,” she explained to the confused vampire, “he’s asleep. In my room, Will,” she finished with a blush.

“Right,” Spike replied, a bit ashamed that he’d forgotten about his son, sound asleep with his Sesame Street Count doll in his bed. What was about to take place was not proper for their two-year-old son to witness, by accident, that is.

“Couch!” both Buffy and Spike ‘shouted’ in unison.

Carrying his prize to the couch, Spike lay her down on it, then covered her body with his. He glanced about, to make sure they were unobserved, completely, and began to kiss Buffy again.

The afghan that Joyce’s mother, Elizabeth Tyree, had crochetted was quickly pulled over the vampire and his mate. By Buffy, of course.

“Get naked, in less then sixty seconds, Mister,” Buffy ordered with a chuckle, “or I’ll change my mind and…”

She was cut off by Will’s fierce kisses and his wonderful, cool hands all over her body.

‘This,’ Buffy thought to herself with satisfaction, ‘is Heaven.’

Spike began to strip down, as fast as he could, under the circumstances. After he was bare assed naked, he undressed Buffy, quickly.

Surveying his love, his Buffy, Spike thought, ‘this is as near to Heaven as I will ever get.’

Making sure that they were under the cloak of the afghan, once again, Spike didn’t hesitate. He thrust into Buffy and began to pump in and out of her, slowly.

“Oh, Will,” Buffy sighed in pleasure as her mate ‘danced’ with her, agonizingly slowly. “I’ve missed you so,” she whispered huskily, tiny tears of joy, perhaps, seeping from her green eyes.

“I’ve missed you. I love you so much,” Spike rasped, with an even more husky tone, “God Buffy, I’ll just die without you now. Please don’t send me away again,” he nearly whimpered with need as he thrust into Buffy, harder then before.

“I’ll never send you away again, baby,” Buffy replied with a sweet, soft whimper of her own. She wrapped her slim arms about her ‘man’ and held onto him, fast.

He began to pummel into Buffy, trying hard not to give into his demon and claim her. Spike truly wanted Buffy to ask him to claim her, or at least give a sign that she wanted him to.

“Mine,” he growled wildly, slamming into his woman with such a force that the couch began to thump on the floor beneath it.

“Yours,” Buffy moaned into his ear, trying not to wake the dead with their passionate noise making.

Buffy had to bury her mouth into Will’s shoulder to keep from screaming out her release.

Spike had to bury his mouth into Buffy’s neck to keep from roaring out loud, his release.

The came together, then Spike collapsed on top of Buffy, actually exhausted, momentarily that is. He took long, deep unneeded breaths while Buffy panted breathily.

Finally, after a moment or two of ‘relaxing’ Spike pulled his head back from Buffy and said, “I love you,” his awe evident in his tone.

“And, I love you,” Buffy replied, holding his blue-eyed gaze with hers. “I do love you, Will,” she repeated again, in a hushed voice.

Spike smiled and rested his blond head against Buffy’s shoulder, stroking her sides with his hands, lovingly. If he had to die, truly die that is, right this moment? He could go out of this world with a happy, unbeating heart. His woman, the mother of his son, the woman he loved more then life or unlife? She had said it, once more…that she loved him. Like he loved her and always would.


“Let’s go to bed, Will,” Buffy whispered, giggling just a little at this big bad vampire. He was all worn out and ‘defeated’ by the big bad Slayer.

“Okay,” Spike mumbled, sleepily, standing up, stark naked and reaching down to pick Buffy up in his arms. All the way up the stairs, to ‘their’ room, Spike kissed and cuddled his girl to him, fondling her little round rump with his right hand.

“It’ll be hard not to shag you senseless, you know that, right?” he asked Buffy as he stepped into the room they would share with their son. “Sleeping next to each other, naked and all cuddly?” he grinned down at her.

“Yeah,” Buffy giggled softly, placing her finger over his lovely mouth, to shush him, ever so slightly.

“But,” Buffy continued with a saucy smile, “tomorrow? Mom goes to work, Dawn goes to school and us?” She chuckled as Will tossed her, unceremoniously onto her bed, but gently, of course, “we have the whole house to ourselves. Jimmy might be here in the early morning, but he goes to Tot Town for pre-school. It’s Mom’s turn to pick him up…” Buffy giggled mischieviously, “but he naps for two hours from 3:00 PM to 5:00 PM. We’ll put him in Dawn’s bed for the nap,” Buffy whispered, all secretive like.

“Sounds bloody marvelous,” Spike yawned wearily. He lay down next to his ‘wife’ and snuggled into her.

“What about seeing my Dad?” he asked her, suddenly, quite wide awake. “You said there was something you had to talk to him about?”

“Yeah,” Buffy replied quietly, “about something I saw. A ring, on Riley’s right hand. It’s a ruby, kind of like your Dad’s? But smaller? I’ve seen it, in a book Giles has. Thought I’d call him in the morning and ask him to bring the book over. We can go and talk to your Dad after that.”

“You know,” Buffy sighed loudly as she lay, wrapped in Will’s long arms, “Giles will want to go, to see your Dad,” she explained quickly.

“Buffy, I’m not sure that’s a good idea,” Spike warned her, quietly. “My Dad’s not a big fan of Watchers, you know?”

“I know,” Buffy whispered, glancing over at her sleeping son, “but I’m sure Giles will want to meet your Dad, talk to Wesley and all. You know how traditional and curious Giles is? Wesley is going to be like a walking encyclopedia to Giles. Besides, if I’m going to fight with your ‘family’ then Giles will need to be in on most everything. I’m sure your Dad and brothers can understand that, right?”

“I guess,” Spike mumbled, not so sure at all. In fact, he was rather concerned that either of his brothers, his Dad or their foot soldiers might attack and make a ‘happy meal’ of poor Rupert. And Spike truly liked and admired the old man, Rupert Giles.

“Couldn’t you get some kind of reassurance? A truce maybe, from your family, baby?” Buffy asked, stroking her tiny hand down Will’s muscular chest.

“I could try, sweet,” William whispered back, clasping his lover tighter to him.

“Uhm, Buffy?” he murmered softly, “if you don’t want me to ravish you again? In here? Better keep your precious hand up, above, closer to my waist? Where it’s at now? I’m bound to jump your bones and not stop fucking you until…”

“Okay,” Buffy giggled softly, “I’ll stop playing with your manly parts. Just make me a promise, first thing in the morning? After Giles gets here? We head over to your Family’s lair and speak with your Father. I’ve got a feeling he might be able to enlighten us even more about this ring Riley has. That and I really think that Giles and him need to meet, to talk and figure out some game plan. Like I said, since I’m siding with Aurileous, it would be a good thing for my Watcher and your ex-Watcher now ‘vampire mouthpiece’ to meet and discuss strategy.”

“All right, luv,” Spike whispered as he kissed his baby’s golden head. He sat up, slightly and gazed at his sleeping son, just a few feet away. “He’s beautiful, like you, sweet,” Spike whispered, longingly as he watched his son in slumber.

“But he looks exactly like you, honey,” Buffy replied tenderly. “He’s your clone, Will,” she yawned, suddenly worn tired from the night’s activities.

“Thank you,” Spike murmered suddenly. “Thank you for our son, for tonight, for everything, my love.”

“Mmmm,” Buffy snuggled into William and pulled him back down to her. “Kiss me, hard and quick, then go to sleep, baby,” she purred. “We’ve got a big day ahead tomorrow.”


‘An Hour Later’

‘How am I going to do it,’ Spike thought, guiltily, as he lay next to his sleeping mate. ‘How will I be able to turn her, my Golden Goddess, my Soulmate? Even if it’s for the best; for me, for her, for our son? How in the name of,’ he paused, almost afraid to say ‘His’ name, even in his head. ‘How will I be able to reconcile turning my ‘light and salvation’ my Princess, into a creature of the night?’

Spike sighed deeply and closed his eyes, trying to sleep. He finally dropped off, close to the time of sunrise.


A/N: Short chapter, sorry…next chapter: Giles will go with Spike and Buffy to visit with Marcus A. and the rest of the clan. Will Wesley and Giles bond? Maybe, maybe not, however, Wesley will ‘bond’ with someone…can you guess who? I’ll give a hint; she’s a she (no duh!) and she’s got special powers, oh, and she’s a red head!!! Yes, there will be an attraction between the two W’s! Willow and Wesley!

Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf