Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you to everyone reading this. Thank you for reviews.

Luv, Spuf
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA


Chapter 13: ‘White Wedding’


A/N: A little nod to ‘Billy Idol’ in this one! (I saw Billy Idol ‘perform’ in LA and well, let’s just say I prefer Spike but still…sigh!)


“Okay, let me get this straight,” Xander Harris muttered as he began to pace back and forth in front of his friends, and the foot soldier demons of Hell.

“Quentin Travers ‘our’ Q. Travers, Watcher extraordinaire, gave this mojo ring to Riley Finn?”

“So it would seem,” Giles sighed in defeat as he cleaned his glasses for the tenth time. “Travers has never been a solid bloke,” Giles continued, exasperated by now. “Bit of a rogue, Travers is. Always has been. He must have been waiting, for years to give that ring to the right ‘person’ or vampire, as the case may be,” the Watcher added quickly.

“Why?” Willow piped in suddenly, in her little girl voice that seemed to appeal to the newly turned Watcher, Wesley Pryce. The turned watcher grinned at Willow, adoringly, illiciting a blush from the red head.

“Control?” Spike asked out loud, as he pulled Buffy and his son into his protective embrace. “The ponce must want total control of the Hellmouth? This Travers has convinced that fucking nimrod, Riley Finn that…”

“Could be,” Giles nodded, “Travers is a control freak, like I said. Always has been. If he thinks he’s going to come out on top in this mess? He’ll sell his best friends for a pence.”


“Will, please!” Buffy hissed at her other half. She eyed their son, James, nervously. “Our son may be a physical clone of you, William,” Buffy continued, sternly, “but I don’t want him swearing like a sailor by the time he’s three-years-old!”

Buffy took a deep, calming breath and turned to face the Godfather, Giles and this Wesley guy. Er, this Wesley vampire/guy that is.



“But what does the ring do?” Buffy asked, confused by all this spy intrigue.

“Nothing, really,” Marcus Aurileous replied with a shrug. The Godfather strode over to his son’s mate and looked deeply into her green eyes. “At least not that ‘we’ know of,” he added evenly.

“It’s more of a signet, or bond, then anything,” he tried to explain to the slip of girl. “It signifies the bonding between one powerful ruler, or warrior, with his equally powerful mate,” the old vampire muttered.

“Hence,” the old vampire shrugged, “the giving of the ring to Cleopatra, by Julius Caesar. If anyone was a match for Caesar? It was the Queen of the Nile.”

“So Riley wanted the ring,” Willow began with a scowl on her pretty face, “to connect himself with an Aurileous’ mate? Signify some bond between a powerful warrior of the people. Like Buffy? Tie her to him, ring wise that is,” Willow mumbled, nervously as she stepped away from Buffy and Spike.

“Yes,” Marcus grunted, eyeing his oldest son, warily. The head of the Aurileous clan knew his son, Spike, knew how the boy might react to this news.

“Like fucking hell!” Spike roared like a bull in a china shop. Or some great Alpha Wolf, ready to fight to the death for his mate and offspring.

“Buffy and James are mine!” Spike roared, yet again, grasping his mate and son to him.

“We get that, Spike!” Marcus, Angel, Connor and even Giles and Xander hissed at the Aurileous heir, in unison.

“You’d improve the odds, boy,” Marcus hissed as he glared at his eldest, “if you’d claim your so-called mate, properly,” the Godfather stated through gritted teeth. “Once and for all, boy! Take your mate and make her yours!” The head honcho strode back over to his son, Spike and the little Slayer. His powerful blue eyes blazed as he took in the two very different expressions on the ‘childrens’ faces.

Spike, who still held his son, smirked at his father, then turned his smug smile to Buffy. “He’s right, you know?” Spike whispered, almost casually, into Buffy’s nearest ear.

Buffy felt a tingle of seductive pleasure run right up her spine, then back down again. Then around her hips into her…

“I,” the slayer began, unable, for some reason to form a coherant thought, much less a sentence. Her green eyes were half closed in ‘private’ thought and it certainly didn’t help that William was running his free hand down her back, to her hip, to her ass, thigh and…

“Uhhhggg!” Buffy squeaked in frustration.

“Giles,” Buffy squealed, in a high pitched voice, “tell them!”

“I would love to tell ‘them’ anything, Buffy dear,” Giles replied, sheepishly. “Unfortunately? I have to agree with Marcus and Spike on this one. Your only hope, yours and James? Is to be claimed by the more powerful heir to the ‘Family’ name.”

Giles hung his head down, his cheeks burnt bright red from embarrassment. Nothing in the ‘Slayer’s Manual’ about this turn of events, that was for sure.

“Oooohhhh!” Buffy growled as she ripped her son’s little body from his father’s arms.

“You’re no help!” she cried, exasperated to the max by now. The blond Slayer grasped her son to her body and began to pace, anxiously back and forth in front of her friends, and the unholy crew of demon warriors.

“Buffy,” Giles began in a soothing tone, “we have to face facts here. Your son, James is very, very ‘special’ and may possibly hold some secret power that only the Powers That Be understand. If a rogue vampire leader, such as Riley Finn, or any other demon for that matter gets their hands on you or James? We’re doomed. All of us. I’ve no doubt about that.”

The Watcher sighed heavily and sat on an old beat up chair next to him. “Believe me, Buffy,” Giles mumbled, quite embarrassed by this time, to be discussing something so personal as this.

“If there was any other way, then I would back that plan. However,” he stammered, more uncomfortable by the moment, “I have to agree with Godfather Marcus on this one. William the Bloody is already your mate, just not in name and by the ritual of the blood claim. If you allow William to ‘claim’ you, totally and officially? No vampire, Riley, his minions or even the great ‘Dracula’ himself would ever dare defile William’s mark. You would be safe, Buffy dear,” Giles gazed at his surrogate daughter, lovingly. “James would be safer and frankly, I feel that ‘we’ all would be better off.”

“Thanks Watcher,” Spike chuckled with a smirk and clutched Buffy closer to him.

“You’re no help,” Buffy muttered, pulling her body away from William, albeit reluctantly.

“Weren’t you the head guy,” Buffy grumbled at Giles, “back in the day? The one that led the ‘let’s run William the Bloody’ out of town brigade?”

“Yes,”Giles nodded, another blush on his face. “But that was then Buffy. When I had no real idea who William ‘really’ was and the power that little James might have. Back then,” the Watcher scrunched up his brows in thought, “I felt that William, here, was more of a threat to you and your unborn child, then anything. Now? I’m not so sure,” the older Brit shook his head and sighed.

“Do not be fooled, Buffy,” Giles continued in a firm voice, “the Watcher’s Council and I parted ways long ago. I do not trust Quentin Travers or his band of sheep that follow him. That man has tried to kill you, twice now and when I helped send William here away? It was to protect ‘you’ and your son from the Watcher’s Council as much as anyone. Do you know what those bloody, arrogant idiots at the Council would have done? Back then? If they had had any idea who’s child you were bearing?”

“What are you saying, Giles?” Buffy whispered, frightened now.

Spike put his arm about his wife and child and hugged them closer to his cool body.

“Willow,” Giles nodded at the red haired witch, “could you take little James outside now, please?”

Willow took James from Buffy’s arms and headed towards the warehouse door.

“May I go?” Wesley asked, almost shyly.

“You’re a fucking vampire Wes,” Angel snorted, “don’t think you want to wander out into the sunlight, friend. Even after a beautiful woman and…”

“We can go in there,” Willow pointed at another room of the warehouse. “There’s no vampires in there, right?” She asked, fearfully.

“No,” Wesley murmered tenderly, taking Willow by her free arm and leading her into the other room. After the door closed, Giles turned to face Spike, Buffy and Marcus.

“Okay, now explain Rupert,” Buffy ordered evenly as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“Listen to me, my girl,” Giles ordered his Slayer. “When you first came to me and told me that you were pregnant by William? I was horrified, for many reasons. One of the most important reasons was that Slayers do not normally live long enough to bear children, much less the spawns of demons.”

The Watcher glanced at Spike and shook his head, “sorry,” the older man acknowledged.

“No offense taken, Rupert,” Spike grinned, “I am a demon, right Pops?”

Marcus gave his eldest a frown and nodded at Giles to continue his story.

“I knew, even then,” Giles continued, “that the Council, especially Quentin Travers, would be most interested in your child, Buffy. If they knew, or suspected, for one moment, that your child was the offspring of William the Bloody? My God, Buffy, do you know what would have happened? I tried to explain it to you, then. Knew William here loved and worshipped you. If he knew you were with child back then? He’d never have let himself be driven from you or Sunnydale.”

“True,” Spike growled softly. “I’d ‘ave faced the wrath of God himself if…”

“Silence,” Marcus roared at his son, “continue Watcher,” the vampire nodded at his nemesis.

“It was hard enough to convince Travers and the Council to stay away from you and your child, once James was born.” Giles sighed, a deep, regretful sound. “Believe me, I did my best. Succeeded, too,” the Watcher grimmaced in memory.

“If they had any idea that your child was a vampire’s?” The Watcher shuddered, visibly. “The Council would have sequestered both you and James, Buffy, at the least. At the most?”

“What?” Buffy hissed, holding Giles’ gaze in hers.

“About you?” Giles met his Slayer’s gaze, boldly, “I do not know, for sure. James? They would have turned your son into a medical experiment. Certainly.”

Buffy’s body began to shake, violently, and Spike held her to him, to comfort her.

“I’d never have let that happen, Watcher,” Spike hissed as he ran his hands down Buffy’s arms and then clutched her to him.

“Of course not,” Giles nodded, “but I had no idea that you were Spike Aurileous then. As William? You were vulnerable, somewhat. As the heir to the Aurileous Clan? Invincible,” Giles slumped back down into his chair, defeated.

“In my opinion,” Giles took the floor, again, “Travers is siding with Riley Finn and his clan for one reason. To gain access and control over James. Why else would the old fool encourage an upstart like Riley to ‘go to the mattresses’ with the Godfather and his all powerful family. Travers is a pompous arse,” Giles finished with a snarl.



“I have always thought of you, Buffy, dear, as my own daughter,” Giles murmered as he reached out to take her hand in his.

“Therefore,” he continued with a sigh, “I see James as my own grandson. Much like Marcus here does. Just without the true ‘blood’ bond that the Aurileous have with James.”

“So,” Xander finally piped in, “Quentin Travers, and maybe the whole Council? They’re siding with Riley Finn in this little mixer? For what? To gain complete control of Buffy and James?”

“I can see no other reason,” Giles grunted sadly. “Travers and Company are banding with Finn and his ridiculous Wu Tang Clan to take control of the Hellmouth, Buffy Summers and most importantly? James.”

“I’ll blow them all to Hell before I let them have my son!” Buffy cried, angrily. “The Council, Riley and…”

“Not before I rip them all new assholes!” Spike roared, pulling Buffy behind his body, in some metaphoric possessive move.

“That might not be necessary,” Giles sighed, “if William here was to…” he left the sentence unfinished.

“If Will claims me, is that it?” Buffy whispered softly.

“Yes,” Giles replied. “Look,” the Watcher continued, carefully. “It’s obvious that you and your William love each other. You have a child together, a very powerful son that for some reason? A lot of beings want and need for their own agenda. Frankly, Buffy, I, as your son’s surrogate Grandfather, feel that it’s best for James to be in the company of his Father’s Clan. A family that loves him, no matter that they are demons. A family bound by their blood and lineage, and loyalty to each other. James will not be safe, Buffy, unless you give in and allow William to take you as his bride.”

Giles glanced at the Godfather, who was beaming like a freakin’ light at Buffy and Spike.

“You see, Slayer,” Marcus said, “your Watcher is a wise man. He knows that you and my Grandson are better off, under the protection of our Family.”

Buffy stared at Giles, her Watcher,mentor and surrogate father. She felt, somehow, that she was in an old Victorian based movie. One where the male had to ask permission from the ‘father’ of the bride for her hand in marriage.

“Are any of you aware that this ‘is’ the 21st Century?” Buffy muttered as she turned to face her William. She gave her ‘mate’ a look of exasperated impatience.

“Of course, Princess,” Spike purred, pulling Buffy into him, once again. “But you and I, our son and families? Our destinies? Whether it’s the 21st Century or not, there are powerful magics and prophecies working here. We cannot defy or deny those things.” The vampire leaned in to kiss his Buffy, ignoring the grins and murmers of the ‘audience’ around them.



“You know you want me to claim you, baby,” he whispered, seductively, in her ear as he stroked her back and arms. “This is just the icing on the cake, to have your Watcher’s blessing.”

Buffy trembled, as Spike did, in anticipation of the claiming ritual that would take place. If only Buffy would give the word.

“I love you,” Spike said, loud enough for everyone, including Willow and Wesley to hear, in the next room. With the door closed tight. He ran his fingers down her face, tenderly and gazed, lovingly into her moist green eyes.

“I love you,” Buffy replied, softly. She clasped his hand in hers and gazed into his honest blue eyes.

Buffy broke her gaze from William and turned to her Watcher, Giles, and the Godfather.

“So,” Buffy began, cheerfully, “do I get to plan a real white wedding for myself and Will, or is it just something ‘like’ that? A bitey ritual that some vampire/watcher priests get to watch and…”

“Something like that,” Spike purred as he wrapped his arms about his mate and pulled her flush to his chest. “But the actual claiming will be private, sweetheart, promise,” he finished, seductively.

“Come on Buff,” Xander chuckled, surprisingly tickled by this turn of events. “Like ‘you’ are entitled to a white wedding? Please!” The dark haired human male laughed, outright, until Spike glared at him, angrily.

“I wanted to wait,” Buffy whispered, a little disappointed by this turn of events. “Wanted it to be on ‘our time’ Will,” she added with a pout. “When we were both ready to be united, totally together,” she felt the tears begin to slip from her eyes.

“I know, Princess,” Spike murmered softly, “but sometimes we can’t have it the way we want, exactly. It’s imperitive, sweet, to move our ‘wedding’ up a bit. Make sure I’ve claimed you good and proper, right away. It’s best for you, James and most definitely, me,” he added with an eager smile.

Spike leaned into Buffy and whispered in her ear, again, so just she could hear his words:

“I’ll make sure, later, on the Honeymoon,” he purred in a syrupy, husky voice, “that you and me ‘celebrate’ like a couple of newlyweds. Please believe me, Buffy,” he continued gently, “I want our union to be perfect, too.”

“I believe you,” Buffy whispered, mesmerized by her ‘man’s’ tender, deep voice.

“Prepare for the claiming ritual,” Marcus bellowed, happily out to the ‘crowd’ about him. “My son is taking his eternal mate and I want everything to go strictly by tradition and be completely perfect.”

“Too bad Darla and Drusilla aren’t here to help with the ritual arrangements, eh Dad?” Angel chuckled as he slapped his older brother on the back.

“Yeah, too bad,” Connor grimmaced, “Darla’s okay, but Drusilla? She’d probably bring that damn doll of hers, Miss Edith, and insist that the bint be a bride’s maid at the ceremony.”

“Can I at least go home? Talk to my mom and have ‘her’ give me away at this makeshift wedding?” Buffy pouted again, sending Spike into a frenzy of unbridled pre-wedding lust for her.

‘Never could take that sexy pout of hers,’ Spike thought. He began to conjure up all kinds of visions of their ‘claiming’ night and what he was going to do to his Buffy after the ritual.

“Anything,” Spike rasped as he clasped Buffy and pulled her to him, tightly. This nearly caused the Slayer to pass out from lack of breath.

“Gotta’ breathe, Will,” Buffy gasped. The vampire let loose, a bit, of his future bride.

Willow and Wesley brought James out of the secluded room at that moment.

“Can I be a bridesmaid?” Willow squealed, excitedly.

“It’s not a ‘real’ wedding Wills,” Buffy pouted again, snuggling into William. “Just some old stinky ritual that’s gonna’ keep the wolves away from the door. If you know what I mean that is.”

“It’s more then that!” Spike gasped loudly, clutching Buffy, almost roughly.

“This ‘ritual’ is more as strong and powerful as a human wedding,” Spike explained, seriously. “When I claim you, sweetheart, and you claim me? We’re bonded, for eternity to each other. There’ll be no seperations or divorces. No separate vacations, no separate rooms or running back to Mum’s house when we argue. This claiming ritual is more potent, more binding then any human rite could be. An exchange of our love vows and our blood. I love you, Buffy,” he rasped, holding her face up to keep her gaze bound to his. “You are mine, and I am yours, forever,” he finished by crashing his lips onto Buffy’s.

Buffy returned her mate’s kiss, fervently and when their lips parted, finally?

“Call the caterer,” Buffy murmered in a raspy voice as she and Will gazed at each other, lovingly.

“I want the biggest ‘red velvet’ cake they have at the bakery. Mom can throw together a white sheath dress,” Buffy added with a smirk.

“Can I carry the rings?” James cried, happily as he leapt out of Willow’s arms and ran to his Mum and Dad.

“Of course you can, poppet,” Spike grinned down at his little man and touseled his fair hair, gently.

“This,” Marcus bellowed, proudly, “calls for a true celebration!”

The vampire motioned for Charles Gunn to go into the back room. When the ex-Scoobie returned, he carried a large, unique looking old bottle of some kine of liquer.

“The finest Scotch,” Marcus beamed as he signalled for Wesley to open the bottle and glasses to be brought.

“You look like a Scotch drinking human, Watcher,” Marcus smiled, cautiously, at Rupert Giles.

“That I am, Godfather,” Giles smiled, benevolently at his enemy. “That I am.”


A/N: This story has maybe four or five good chapters left in it (I hope!) Next chapter…the claiming/wedding ritual between Spike and Buffy! Yeah!!!!! Thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf