Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you, to everyone reading this and all the reviews.
LA COSA NOSTRA, LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE



Chapter 14: ‘Anything’





A/N: Okay, it’s like 80 something degrees, in LA and nobody can sleep. It’s 8:30 PM, for Heaven’s sake and 80 something degrees! Anyway, thought I’d take this time (of unsleeping) to write another chapter of this fic. Once I get this and ‘You Never Can Tell’ finished? I can start my ‘fiction film noire!’


“I have to plan a ‘wedding’ in less then 48 hours?” Joyce Summers gasped at her beautiful, somewhat strange daughter, Buffy.

“So it would seem,” Buffy mumbled weakly, averting her eyes from the mother-in-law to be.

“How and when? Most importantly, why?” Joyce hissed at her daughter, the all mighty Slayer of demons.

“It’s a demon thingy, Mom,” Buffy tried to explain, “of course,” the Slayer continued, matter-of-factly, “I love Will, he loves me. That’s a given, but the whole claiming thingy? It’s necessary to…”

“Make sure that Riley Finn, the fucker,” Spike broke into his Buffy’s explainations, “doesn’t try and take hold of my woman, or our son,” the blond vampire grunted at his future mother-in-law.

Buffy groaned, inwardly, at her William’s harsh, crude terminology. Especially in front of her mother, Joyce Summers.

“I’ve asked you, Will,” Buffy sighed in frustration, “begged you to not curse. In front of our son, in front of my Mom? Heck in front of…”

“Me?” Dawn Summers giggled from the top of the stairs. The teenage, blue-eyed girl bounded down the steps of the Summers’ home and stood, right in front of her sister, Buffy. The all mighty Slayer of demons.

“I’ll help, with the wedding, that is,” Dawn blurted out, excited to be a part of everything. “I’ll help make the cake, fix the dress and, hello…” the brunette teen girl changed the path of her conversation, in a 180 degree nano second! The minute she finally caught a glimpse of Connor Aurileous, sitting, almost patiently, in the Summers’ front living room.

Dawn totally forgot her mother, sister, and future brother-in-law, as she sidled over to the sofa and stood in front of this handsome, albeit shaggy haired youth. With a coy little chuckle, Dawn asked, “who might you be?”

“I, I’m Connor,” the young vampire responded, shyly. “Spike’s my older brother and I’ve just wanted to meet you, so badly,” the teen stammered, bashfully.

Spike nodded at Connor, signalling the boy to do as he was instructed.

Connor took Dawn’s soft hand, in his, and brought it up to meet his lips. With a quick, courtly kiss to the youngest Summers’ palm, Connor let loose of the precious hand and smiled up at the lovely youngest Summers girl.

“Wow,” Dawn murmered, placing her just kissed hand to her own lips, in awe. “That was just amazing,” she whispered, stunned by this handsome, if evil killing machine in front of her.

“Find something for your brother to do, now,” Buffy hissed, in a whisper, to Spike. “Get their teenage hormones back on track and…”

“Conn,” Spike piped up, quickly, “you need to go home. Well, to the lair that is and tell Dad that everything is going as planned.”

Connor gave his brother a dirty look, but stood up to leave the Summers’ residence.

“Can I go?” Dawn suddenly chimed in. “With Connor I mean?” she asked, excitedly.

“Not likely,” Buffy hissed as she motioned for Connor to leave the Summers’ house. “It’s dark out, Connor,” Buffy reminded the teen vampire, “you’re safe to go outside. Dawn, on the other hand,” Buffy continued with a frown.

“Remember, RJ?” Buffy whispered to her dejected looking younger sister. “Remember,” Buffy muttered, pointing at Connor, “little mini-me killing machine?”

“RJ who?” Dawn murmered in response, never taking her blue eyes off Connor’s brown ones.

“Connor,” Spike muttered, just loud enough for the boy vampire to hear, “make a move now.”

Connor reluctantly shuffled out of the Summers’ living room, to the front door. “I’ll see you later, Mrs. Summers, Buffy, Spike, oh, and Dawn,” the demon smiled, charmingly at the youngest Summers.

“Bye, bye, Connor,” Dawn cooed at Connor with a flirty little wink and a wave, goodbye.

“Gosh,” Dawn murmered, still a little awe struck, “Connor’s incredible!”

“Oh, dear God,” Joyce Summers whispered, in horror, doing a pretty good imitation of Rupert Giles. Without the glasses cleaning that is.

“Dawn, my cake? Any ideas?” Buffy asked, impatiently, trying not to glare at her future husband. “Try and remember that this is not a traditional ‘white wedding’ and all. It’s more of a ritual and…” Buffy eyed her little sister with concern. The dark haired Summers’ girl was still staring at the front door, longingly.

‘You brought him here, William,’ Buffy accused Spike, with her mind. Totally unprepared for the next sequence of events.

She got quite a shock herself when Spike ‘thought’ back in response, and she ‘could’ hear him. ‘Conn’s my baby brother, what else could I do. Besides,’ the vampire smirked, wickedly, ‘don’t the two kiddies remind you of another couple?’

Buffy smiled, softly, yes, the two kiddies, as Will had described Connor and Dawn, did indeed remind her of ‘another’ couple. One from three years before.


‘Flashback; Three years earlier; Spike and Buffy POV’s’


Buffy was dancing, hotly, as usual, at the Bronze, with Xander and Willow, her two bestest friends. Actually? Buffy was dancing, Xander was flaying his arms about, wackily and Willow was just moving, somewhat, back and forth to the music, totally lost on the dance floor.

No matter, to Buffy, it beat the heck out of studying French irregular verbs, with Willow, at an obscure table at the Bronze. Which is what they’d been doing, just a few minutes before.

“So,” Buffy whined at the dark haired male teen, and his cohort, Willow the Red, “I’m stuck doing this stupid parent/teacher night and making doilies for the greeting tables! Have I said it before? I detest Principal Snyder!”

“Make the best of it, Buff,” Willow was cooing, trying to keep up with the alternative rock beat. “Just get through it and be happy, don’t worry?” The red head grinned, affectionately, at Buffy.

“Hmmm,” Buffy murmered as her green eyes scanned the main floor of the Bronze. They finally settled on ‘someone’ a ‘real, real’ someone!

‘Holy sh**!’ Buffy thought, in shock. ‘Who the heck is that?’ she almost stopped dancing, long enough to really check out this ‘stranger’ at the Bronze.

He wore all black; jeans, shirt and leather duster. His hair was nearly silver, it was so freakin’ blond, and his eyes? They were cobalt blue, Buffy could tell, from here, even. This guy just screamed ‘Billy Idol’ in the flesh!

Without thinking, Buffy smiled at the handsome stranger, then suddenly, she frowned. Disappointment seeped through Buffy, like a thick, heavy, cold fog.

‘Vampire!’ she hissed silently, her tummy sinking. ‘A fucking, worthless piece of shit, Vampire!’ Her spidey sense had suddenly gone into full alert as she glared at the dangerous looking blond speciman, just a few yards from her and her friends. That’s when Buffy noticed, completely…the ‘Billy Vampire?’ He was staring right back at her, a smirk on his handsome mouth.

‘She’s bloody amazing!’ Spike gasped as he stared at his beautiful, deadly ‘enemy’ Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

‘Wonder if she fucks as well as she dances?’ he smirked at the ‘bane’ of his existence, the Slayer. ‘Hope so,’ he began to close the gap between him and the slayer. ‘Bloody hell, does this Bronze band really think they can imitate Dramarama?’


‘Anything/Anything’ (by Dramarama)


‘oh, gee, what is it tonight?
At least just tell me what the hell is wrong.
Do you want to eat, do you want to sleep do you want to
Drown?
Just settle down, settle down, settle down.
I’ll give you candy, give you diamonds, give you pills,
Give you anything you want, hundred dollar bills.
I’ll even let you watch the shows you want to see,
Just marry me, marry me, marry me!’






‘Who the hell names their kid, Buffy?’ the vampire chuckled silently, watching, intently, as his prey realized just ‘what’ he was.

‘An ex-hippie?’ Spike reasoned, another smirk forming on his mouth. ‘A dope head?’ he wondered, briefly, as he watched his target scurry out the back door of the Bronze. ‘That’s it, an ex-hippie would name a kid Buffy,’ he chuckled.

‘Fuck!’ Spike hissed as he sped off after the little vixen, intent on catching her and…

‘And what?’ he asked himself, suddenly stopping in his tracks. ‘Intent on killing her?’ he mumbled, trying to answer his own question, weakly.

Killing his third slayer was just exactly the reason that William the Bloody, aka, Spike Aurileous, had come to Sunnydale. He’d heard tales of ‘this’ all mighty slayer. The one true, all powerful slayer of his kind and his mortal enemy.

But now? After watching this little slip of a girl, this young, beautiful, sexy little minx dance with her friends? Laugh with them and enjoy ‘life’ so much? Breathe in the vibrant air around her and taste the life that would probably be cut too short, by the likes of him? And, yes, frankly, Spike had watched this little Buffy the Slayer, check him out, eagerly. That is before she realized who, or what he really was.


Suddenly? The fact that he, Spike Aurileous, was one of the walking undead disgusted him. Made him want to…

“Want to what?” Spike hissed loudly, out in the alley, “Kill the Slayer? Or kiss her? Or even better? Fuck her to….”

“Back off vampire!” Buffy stepped out of the alley’s dark shadows (!) and faced off with him, bravely.

“Make me, Slayer,” Spike purred, sensuously, as he began to circle his prey, much like a jungle cat.

“What was that?” Buffy chuckled, wickedly. “Did I just hear you, an obviously master vampire ask me to ‘slay you’ or am I losing my hearing?”

“No,” Spike responded with a lick of his lips, “I never said ‘slay me’ Slayer,” he quipped. “Lay me, maybe, but not slay me. And if you lose anything tonight? It’ll be your virginity, sweetheart,” he growled as he leapt at Buffy, with absolutely no intent to ‘harm’ her in any way.

‘Yeah, that’s it!’

“Too late,” Buffy quipped back, “lost my virginity, uhm, let’s see,” she pretended to ‘think’ about that one. “I guess it was maybe, a month or two ago?”

Spike stopped, in mid-leap to fall back down to the ground. He hunched over, then glared up at the beautiful slayer, a predatory, jealous look in his blue eyes.

“What worthless fuck took you!” Spike roared, suddenly going all cave vampire on this ‘little treasure’ before him.

“High School sweetie, name of Scott Hope,” Buffy grinned, proudly. “He’s not much on the technique, but the stamina? Oh, my!” she laughed heartily, for some reason enjoying the jealous anger in this beautiful vampire’s blue eyes.

“I’ll show ‘you’ stamina, bitch!” Spike roared again as he rose up and flung his body at Buffy. He slammed her, painfully, against the alley wall and pinned her there, forcefully.

“I’ll show you stamina and technique, Buffy my sweet,” Spike repeated, huskily. The vampire leaned his head down and captured her warm rosy lips with his cool ones.

Buffy didn’t even try and struggle against this master vampire. Heck, why should she? After all, he was definitely not trying to kill her, unless you counted kissing someone to death as a kill. No, this handsome, sexy, British talking evil undead menace to society was kissing Buffy, like she’d never been kissed before. And God help her? She was kissing him back, quite eagerly.

Spike pulled away from the kissage, briefly, and gazed into this Golden Godesses’ green eyes, a little stunned.

“Never been kissed, quite like that,” he rasped, lustfully. His blue eyes alight with desire and affection.

“Me neither,” Buffy murmered, equally stunned (and lustful).

“I,” Buffy began, but was cut off, before she could even protest.

Spike began his assault, on her lips, with his, once more and after that? Buffy didn’t give a rat’s ass what happened.

Neither, as it turned out, did Spike. Or William the Bloody, as Buffy would soon come to know him by.


‘Present time’


“Daddy, Mummy,” James pulled on Spike’s duster, “I know it’s not a truly, truly traditional wedding? But do I still get to be ring bearer?”

Buffy looked down at her little son, who, for some reason stood three feet tall, at a little more then two-years-old. It never ceased to amaze Buffy, how much James looked like William, acted like him and carried himself like his father.

“Of course, baby,” Buffy smiled down at her son, lovingly. “But I don’t know what rings we’ll have,” she continued with a frown. “Daddy’s daddy has his ring and my ring seems to be on Riley…”

“There’ll be rings,” Spike grunted, defensively. “We will have rings, poppet,” the vampire grinned at his boy and picked him up in his strong, safe arms.

“How?” Buffy asked, “with your ring on Marcus’ finger and mine on…”

“We’ll have rings!” Spike hissed, losing all patience, for some reason by this time. Except with his son, James, who he held tightly to his cool, pale body and hugged protectively.

“New rings,” Spike explained, abruptly. “Better ones,” he muttered, tousling his sons fair curls and gazing at Buffy.

“Oh,” Buffy whispered, accepting her soon to be mate’s explaination.

“I have a ring for you,” Spike blushed, averting his eyes from his soon to be mate. “Special one, and I got one for you to give to me,” he added, shyly.

“Oh!” Buffy squealed, suddenly delighted at this turn of events. She leapt up and wrapped her arms about both William and their son, James, squeezing them tightly to her.

“We just need to get them blessed, specially,” Spike mumbled in a muffled voice. “By…”

“Blessed?” Buffy pulled back and looked at her William, shocked. “Since when, William the Bloody, do you need ‘anything’ blessed by anyone and…”

“Your Watcher, and me Dad, they can do it,” Spike offered, again, blushing profusely. “It’s all part of the ritual,” Spike continued. “My Dad, and Giles? They need to perform the words, over us, before we…”

“Well, okay,” Joyce Summers piped up, saving the moment for everyone. “That’s settled!” she quickly changed the subject, tactfully.

“So,” Joyce continued, brightly,” we’ll throw together a dress, no minister necessary, I take it.” Buffy shrugged at her mother, who sighed back at her daughter.

“Rupert and Mr. Aurileous can perform the ‘words’ as William so diplomatically put it and…”

“It’s Godfather Aurileous,” Buffy interjected before her mother could go on. “William’s Dad? His title is Godfather Aurileous and you better believe that’s what he prefers. Right baby?” She grinned at William, the not so Bloody, who at this moment, was cuddling his son to him, lovingly.

“Right,” Spike replied, softly, as he tickled James’ little chin, affectionately.

“Okay, Godfather it is, then,” Joyce sighed heavily. “I just hope there’s no ‘hit’ on your wedding day or honeymoon. In fact,” the elder Summers female gasped, “where the hell is this ‘ritual’ going to take place?”

“Here,” Buffy offered, weakly, giving her mother her best ‘I love you Mommy Dearest’ smile.

“Oh, okay, Buffy darling,” Joyce nodded, a little reluctantly. “We’ll have the ceremony here, but I’m not sure just how many guests I can accomadate and sit.”

“Don’t worry, Joyce,” Spike chuckled, “only family and the most important members of the Clan can witness the ceremony. Of course,” he scowled, briefly, “Buffy’s ‘friends’ can attend, but only on their best, most reverent behavior.” Spike shot Buffy a look of warning regarding this matter.

“It’s very important that everyone attending respect the whole ceremony, Buffy, Joyce? They must be respectful, courteous and above all? Supportive of my claim on Buffy and…”

“They’re not going to watch the sex/claiming thingy, are they William?” Dawn was nearly gagging at the thought of it. “That would just be ‘ewwwww’ and…”

“No, Bit,” Spike chuckled warmly. “The ‘guests’ are only privy to the ceremony, our verbal joining ritual,” he began to laugh. “Could you imagine, Buffy? Letting anyone watch us go at it and claim each other?”

Everyone in the room broke down into bursts of laughter, everyone that is except James, who did not understand. Oh, and Buffy, who was quite perturbed by now.

“I don’t find this funny, not in the least!” Buffy cried angrily. “I’m giving myself to an evil, killing undead vampire and you’re all making jokes and innuendos about it!”

The Slayer huffed and puffed, then stomped out of the living room, totally exasperated by this time.

“I’ll handle this, Joyce,” Spike nodded at his future mother-in-law, with confidence. “Always could handle my Buffy,” he mumbled. “Well,” he added, “most always anyway.”

Spike found his Buffy, in the back yard, sitting on her back door steps, her golden head bowed.

“I’m sorry,” Spike murmered as he sat next to his love and wrapped his arm about her. “Sorry this isn’t going to be some wedding from ‘Bride Magazine’ with all the trimmings and a sanctified Priest or Minister involved.”

“It’s okay,” Buffy whispered, unconvincingly. “I just always envisioned my wedding as being this perfect ceremony. With a white cake, dress and flowers. The Reverend Caleb Montgomery, from the 1st Baptist Church, officiating and Daddy giving me away.

“I know,” Spike sighed deeply, nuzzling his lips into Buffy’s soft neck. “Instead, you get my Da, your Watcher, reading from an old dusty tome. While the Aurileous Clan and their main mouthpiece ‘Wesley, stake up his arse’ Pryce oversees things, to make sure it’s done right and proper. That and your mother weeping in the background, Dawnie and Connor making moony eyes at each other. Not to mention your best friends, Harris and Red, glaring at you, probably hoping I’ll turn to dust before we say ‘I do’ and make it upstairs to the claiming part.”

“You better not turn to dust, before we ‘claim’ each other that is,” Buffy growled, burying her head into William’s shoulder. “I would hate to have to scatter your ashes to the four winds and…”

Spike cut Buffy off, quickly, with a kiss to her lips.

“Not going anywhere,” the vampire murmered into his love’s luscious mouth. “Never going anywhere, without you or our James, my sweet,” he promised again. “I’d do anything for you, baby,” Spike promised in an honest, soothing voice. “You and James are everything to me,” he finished with a warm smile. Something that was quite unique, for a vampire, that is.




A/N: I’ve decided to drag this tale out a little longer. Some intrigue, next time. Will Spike and Buffy ever get to that claiming ritual? Or will the evil, ucky Riley Finneous leader of the Wu Tang Clan find a way to interrupt the ceremony? Hmmm…

Thanks for reading and please review. Luv, Spuf