Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for reading and reviewing. My RL is slowly, surely seeping up to overwhelm me, so I'm trying to write my fictions' chapters as much as possible.

Thanks.
Luv, spuf
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA



Chapter 15: ‘More Human Then Human’


“Shhhhh,” Buffy whispered to Spike as she bent over their son and tucked him into his little bed, again. “Don’t say a word, Will,” Buffy murmered another warning.

“It’s hard enough to get our son asleep, but with you here? It’s nearly impossible and…”

“He’s fucking amazing,” Spike sighed in awe, still amazed at this little creature that he and his Buffy had created.

“Yes, he is,” Buffy chuckled softly. “But as amazing as he is? He still needs his sleep, like mortals, Will. At night that is.”

Spike pouted, showing his slight disappointment at the fact that his ‘amazing’ son show more mortal/human traits. Then demon/vampire ones, that is.

“Oh come on, ya’ big baby,” Buffy giggled softly. “James might be a more ‘human then human’ but I promise you, he’s vampire,too. Don’t worry about that!” She finished with a big, proud smile, directed at her her soon to be ‘mate’ for eternity.

“I know, just that…” Spike whispered, still eyeing his offspring, James, as if he were the second coming.

“What about your sister, Drusilla?” Buffy asked, suddenly. “Your mother, according to your dad, what still part human when she was conceived. Is your sister all vampire? Or does she have human traits as well?”

“Mostly vampire,” Spike answered, with scrunched brows. “But, there is one human trait old Drussy has. I call her Drussy, it’s me pet name for her.”

“Charming,” Buffy quipped, with a snort-like chuckle. “Especially with your cockney intone there, when you say it,” she continued to giggle softly.

“Hmmm, I guess,” Spike replied, a bit of a chuckle emitting from his own mouth. “But the truth is? Drusilla can walk in the daylight, when need be. Of all the human traits she could get from our hybrid mother? She gets the daywalker thing going for her. Lucky Drussy, eh?”



“Yeah, lucky,” Buffy murmered in reply, deep in thought.

‘He’s envious,’ Buffy reasoned about her lover. ‘Wants to be able to walk in daylight, like me, James and his sister. My poor baby, Will. He’s doomed to eternal darkness, that is if he wants to survive at all.’

From downstairs, somewhere in the vicinity of the Summers’ front door, came a hellacious noise. Actually, it was more of a ruckus.

Spike looked at Buffy, who looked back at Spike and the two bottle blonds rushed out of the bedroom door. By the time they’d made it downstairs, to the front room, they were met with a most bizarre sight.

Joyce Summers was standing in her front living room, arms crossed over her chest and looking like she was about ready to go ballistic. Just a few feet in front of her, Spike and Buffy saw six shadowy figures, just inside the front door.

“Dad?” Spike mumbled, a little embarrassed by his formidible father’s presence.

“William,” Marcus stepped out of the shadows and grinned at his eldest son. “Giles here,” he pointed at a very ‘happy’ Watcher, who stumbled up to join his new ‘best’ friend by his side.

Rupert Giles wore the goofiest grin and Buffy realized, at that instant, that her Watcher was drunk, again. So, for that matter, it seemed, was Will’s dad, the all mighty Godfather.

“Giles and me,” Marcus slurred, “we drank half the stock of that fine Scotch I opened. We were doin’ pretty well, son. Toasting you, my beautiful, soon-to-be daughter-in-law,” here Marcus gave Buffy a rakish wink of his blue right eye. “Especially “our “amazing grandson, James! ” The vampire grinned at Spike, “until Wesley and Angel started at game of…what was that thing you called it, Angel?”

“Chug-a-lug, Dad,” Angel chuckled wickedly, stepping out of the front hallway, to stand next to Marcus. Angel smirked at Spike and Buffy, trying very hard not to laugh out loud.

“That’s it!” Marcus screeched, gleefully. “Chug-a-lug! I won!” The Godfather cried happily. “I won the game!” he finished with a smug grin.

“That’s just grand, Dad,” Spike grumbled, embarrassed by his father’s juvenile behavior. “But is this really the time to crash in my Buffy’s home? Make yourself…”

“Hello,” Marcus greeted Joyce Summers, grinning from ear to ear. “You must be Buffy’s Mum,” he added with a rogish wink at the older woman.

“That would be me,” Joyce whispered, half in awe, half in shock at the this huge, albeit handsome vampire who now took her hand in his.

“Charmed,” Marcus whispered as he gallantly kissed Joyce’s hand.

“Gosh,” Joyce murmered, her blue eyes wide in stunned ‘something’ or other.

“Godfather?” Giles hissed, “I believe I informed you, about two bottles ago? That ‘I’ fancy Joyce Summers for myself. I would think, as two gentlemen, from her Majesty’s…”

“I’m a married ‘man’ Rupert,” Marcus gasped, taken aback by the Watcher’s indignant jealousy. “But I can still admire a lovely, wonderful human woman who shares the bloodline of my only grandson. Can’t I?”

“True, true,” Giles slurred slightly, “Joyce ‘is’ a lovely and wonderful woman. I’ve always thought so and….”

“All right,” Buffy raised her hand, as if so stop this nonsense that was unfolding in her front living room.

“Hey Buff! Hey Peroxide Boy!” Xander giggled, drunkenly, as he stumbled over to throw his arms about Spike. “You’re old man? He’s pretty cool, you know that?” the dark haired teen chuckled. “And your little brother Angel? He showed me the neatest trick. Did you know old Angel here could touch his eyebrows with his tongue and…”

“That is enough!” Buffy cried, suddenly fed up with this whole drunken drama thing. “What the hell is going on here?” she added, eyeing first, Xander, then Marcus and Angel and finally Giles.

“Just a friendly little wager, Miss Summers,” Wesley offered as he wrapped his arm about his best mate, Angel. “Angel here and I thought that all of us should get better acquainted and what better way then board games and the like. To break the ice and all? The Scotch ‘was’ superb and…..”

“Where’s Connor?” Spike asked, suddenly quite anxious that his little brother was very absent.

“At the lair, with Doyle. He’s perfectly safe, man,” Gunn replied, his perfect smile just radiated calm and security and…

“We thought, my damned to hell brethren and I,” Giles stammered, stopping to ‘think’ before he spoke. “We thought,” Rupert continued, “that we should come here, to your home, Buffy dearest. And you, Joyce, of course, to make plans for the ‘ceremony’ and all. The ritual must be perfect, of course. In every way,” Giles finished with a firm nod of his handsome head.

“Perfect,” Marcus repeated, slapping Giles on his back, heartily, “in every way,” the Godfather added with a slight hiccup.

“Oh dear God,” Buffy whispered, still shell shocked by all of this comedy of errors going on in the front room. She was beginning to feel like Giles, when she told him she was pregs with James.

“Dad,” Spike stammered, nearly blushing from embarrassment, himself, “I think we should do ‘this’ at another time. Say at some time that’s not 2:30 AM, like now?” The blond vampire held Buffy close to him, perhaps worried that his love might just pull out an extra stake or two and stop all of this drama for the night. Or the morning, as the case really was.

“Buffy,” Joyce sighed loudly, “I’m thinking that maybe ‘now’ is exactly the right time to plan all of this. Let’s face it, honey,” the mother groaned, wearily, “you’re life has never, is not and will never be ‘normal’ or right, that’s for sure. So we might as well ‘have this out’ right here and now. Oh, and Rupert,” Joyce gave the Watcher a ‘look’ of mock anger, “I would like to talk to ‘you’ privately, as soon as possible?” The older Summers winked at the grinning fool of an ex-librarian and headed into the kitchen.

“Tea? All around?” Joyce called out behind her as she swung open the kitchen door. “Except for you, William, and Buffy. I know you like the hot chocolate, right?”


“Wonderful woman,” Marcus Aurileous murmered as he watched Joyce go into the kitchen.

“The best,” Giles sighed in total agreement with his new found friend.

“So, why don’t we get this ‘party’ started,” Angel asked, flippantly as he flopped down on Joyce Summers’ favorite setee.

“I thought I would do the ritual incantation, Buffy dear,” Giles was pacing about the front room, sipping his sixth cup of tea.

“I think it’s most important to have the traditional vampire ceremony, first, don’t you Marcus?” Wesley hummed as he sipped his own tea, carefully. “Of course ‘you’ would be the high priest of our Clan, my Godfather,” the dark haired handsome vampire continued, smugly. “It’s only fitting that your eldest son and his mate begin their new ‘unlife’ together by your words and…”

“What the hell does he mean,” Buffy hissed to William, harshly, “with that ‘unlife’ thingy stuff,” she finished with a frown at her fiance.

“Words, my sweet,” Spike cooed, “merely words by an ex-watcher who thinks he’s the authority on vampire lore. Now that he’s been turned and all.” Spike took Buffy’s tiny hand in his and kissed it, tenderly.

“Hmmm,” Buffy mumbled, suspiciously, and turned her attention back, once more, on what was being said at the moment.

Spike was trying to placate his beloved Buffy as much as ‘vampirely’ possible. Which was too much, unfortunately. The truth was, Spike was well aware that he was expected to turn Buffy, and quite soon after he had claimed and re-mated with her.

“There must be a high priest,” Marcus interjected, “one of ours,” he added with an authoritive nod of his handsome head. “I will not stand for ‘anyone’ but one of ours to…”

“Of course,” Giles nodded in reply, looking as if the old vampire had lost his mind. To think that the humans and vampires present would not demand a proper, unholy demonic priest to oversee (their part that is) this most important ritual?

“Dad? Angel, Wes, Gunn?” Spike broke into the ‘wedding’ plans, finally. “You all do realize that it is nearly sunrise?” the blond vampire asked with a raised brow.

“It is?” Marcus gasped as he stood up from the chair, nearly knocking over his tea cup.

“It is,” Buffy confirmed wisely, staring out the front window of her house.

“You’d best stay here, until sunset,” Joyce offered quickly, smiling at Marcus and Angel, coyly.

“Over my dead body!” Giles nearly screamed, dropping his cup onto the floor. Thankfully, it didn’t break.

“That can be arranged human,” Gunn hissed as he strode over to the ex-watcher, mortal that he was. “Your dead body that is,” the tall, handsome ex-hit man grumbled.



“Back off Gunn,” Spike hissed, glaring at his father who grinned evilly at these mere mortals about him.

“My children, Mrs. Summers,” Marcus the Godfather began, in a grandiose tone, “have always been my weakness. I am not entirely proud of the fact that I let my offspring rule my ‘heart’ with their own weaknesses and somewhat human ways,” he continued, as the head honcho strode over to Buffy. Marcus placed his long slim fingers under Buffy’s chin and lifted her head up to meet his gaze.

“But,” the Godfather of the Undead continued, proudly, “my children have always brought out a certain soft spot in my unbeating heart. Something I have never been able to explain, nor shall try to, ever. My son, Mrs. Summers, loves your daughter beyond all reason. William has always taken after myself, and my Anne in that way.”

“Buffy’s crazy ass in love with Spike, too, Godfather,” Xander piped in, reluctantly. “She talks about him all of the time and…”

“Talks about me, eh? All of the time, huh?” Spike chuckled as he held Buffy close to his cool body.

“Don’t flatter yourself,” Buffy snipped, but she grinned as she looked at the floor of her mother’s front room.

“It’s not been easy, for my Buffy, Godfather Aurileous,” Joyce whispered, sadly.

“I know,” Marcus nodded, gazing at Buffy, thoughtfully.

“Nor for my son, but perhaps. Together? Perhaps our children can mend the tear in the human/demon world. Make things easier for themselves and their children, in the future.” Marcus smiled, allowing his fangs to show, just the slightest, “at least,” he sighed dramatically, “we can but hope.”


Buffy woke up, on the couch, with Will draped across her. She noticed that he had made sure they were covered in her mother’s favorite afghan.

As she glanced about the front living room, Buffy noticed a number of things. Well, make that a number of ‘things’ and two other humans.

Giles was asleep, on the big comfy chair that used to belong to Buffy’s dad, Hank. Xander was snuggled, carefully, on the fireplace mantel, somehow lying over two or three heavy blankets for a bed.

Marcus was lying, flat on his back, arms crossed over his chest (in death mode) on the living room floor. Since the Godfather did not have to breathe, he did not have to snore.

Gunn was stretched out in front of the fireplace,on the floor also, on his side. Buffy noticed that he had the most lovely ‘peaceful’ expression on his face.

Angel, Will’s brother, lay on the floor, just next to the couch. As if to ‘stand’ guard for his older brother and his soon to be mate.

‘Oh shit!’ Buffy sighed silently. ‘This looks like some perverted sleepover!


“Welcome to my nightmare,” Will whispered, sarcastically, snuggling Buffy closer to him.

“Some nightmare,” Buffy mumbled, “a nightmare on Revello Street,” she tried not to laugh at loud over the ridiculousness of all this.

“What the!” Dawn cried from the top of the stairs as she surveyed the whole scene before her.

“This looks like an Anne Rice novel,” the teen shook her head in disbelief. “Some teenage horror movie sleepover where…”

“Go back to bed,” Buffy ordered her younger sister, almost in a whisper. “It’s a school day.”

“It’s nearly 10:00 AM, Buff,” Dawn informed Buffy, matter-of-factly. “We all must have slept for hours over and…”

There was a quick, urgent knock at the front door of the Summers’ home.

“Who’s that?” Buffy asked no one in particular. The Slayer loosed herself from Will’s possessive grasp and headed to the front door, or stumbled actually.

Buffy opened the front door, without thinking really, then choked, in shock at the sight before her.

“Oh Jesus!” Buffy gasped, suddenly ill to her stomach.

Spike leapt up from the couch and hurried to the front door, pulling Buffy back and away from it.

“What is it!” the blond vampire cried, a sinking feeling in the pit of his own stomach.

“It’s…” Buffy gagged, trying not to throw up at the grisly sight before her. On her own front porch.

“Bloody fucking hell!” Spike hissed, finally recognizing the ‘corpse’ that lay on the Summers’ front porch. “That’s that R.J. bloke, innit’ Princess?” he asked, desperately looking into his Buffy’s wide, fearful green eyes.

“Yes,” Buffy hissed, still shell shocked by this abomination.

“What is it?” Dawn yelped from the stairs, “what’s wrong!”

“Go back to your room,” Buffy ordered, gruffly, “now!”

Dawn, for once, did as she was told.

Spike had to stay back, out of the sunlight, but Buffy leaned down and touched the poor teen’s broken neck with her tiny hand.

“What is it?” Giles asked, trying not to yawn, out loud that is. He stumbled over to join Spike and Buffy at the front door.

“Riley Finn’s left his calling card. It would seem,” Buffy whispered, still horrified by the unholy sight on her doorstep. She was trying hard not to cry, at this moment, for the poor innocent boy that lay, crumpled at her feet.

“It’s a way to tell ‘us’ that Finn and his Wu Tang Clan can get to Buffy, her family and everyone or anyone connected to them.” Spike whispered, trying hard not to cross himself, for some weird reason. “At any time,” the blond vampire finished with a grimmace.

“But, Buffy? William?” Giles whispered, blinking in confusion and glancing outside into the street before them.

“It’s bright as noon time,” Giles “mumbled, raspily. “How could this be the work of vampires? It’s broad daylight?”

Spike and Buffy looked down at the broken, dead body of R.J. Simons, then they looked at each other. Giles was right, how could this be the work of vampires?


A/N: I’m really pulling, deep down inside of this story to grind out some more chapters. Thank you for reading and please review. My person RL is just kicking my ass! Luv, Spuf