LA COSA NOSTRA, LA FAMILIA VAMPIRE

Chapter 1: ‘Meet The Family’


For a vampire, actually the son of ‘The’ Master Vampire, Marcus Aurileous, the Godfather of the Undead, Spike was a paradox. Even he realized that much. He was a brutal murderer, true, but he was a poet at heart. And more then anything? He loved the mortal woman, Buffy The Vampire Slayer.

At the moment, Spike, aka William the Bloody, was entering his Father’s ‘office’ the one the really old man did most of his receiving in. Who, or whom Dad received varied from vampires of all shapes, sizes and ages, and of course, the random demon type. Also of all shapes, sizes and ages.

Right now, someone Spike recognized, someone from dear old Sunnydale, CA, was at this moment speaking to his Father, Marcus the Elder. Clem, the demon in question, was quite animated, but barely acknowledged his old drinking mate, Spike, when he entered the room.

Even Angel, Spike’s younger natural brother and Angel’s wife, Darla, were involved in the heated encounter with Clem. Marcus, their father, as usual, held his own, silently listening to Clem’s ‘complaints’ and nodding from time to time. Wesley, the Family’s counselor, as he was called, sat, stoic, unmoving and mechanical, as usual.

‘Wonder if that’s a hold over from his Watcher days,’ Spike asked himself again. However, Spike was more then interested in what Clem had to say. Fuck, he was interested in any news from Sunnydale. Especially since his love, his soulmate, the woman he adored more then unlife itself was still living there. Even if she ran him out of town, three years before, for the greater good she said.’

For the past three years, Spike had tried to convince his Father, Marcus, to allow him to leave here. Travel back from this dank, ugly place, in Transylvania, for Satan’s sake, of all places, where the Family Home was located, to the warmth and sweetness of Southern California, in the States. All’s he wanted to do was go and reconcile with Buffy. His Buffy. His Slayer. Who gave a fuck if the little brat ran him out years before. She’d have to see him, talk to him and by Satan, he’d hog tie the bitch and make her listen to him.

But no, Daddy dearest, the Godfather Marcus, would not listen. He damn near put a curse on Spike the last time he tried to leave and seek out Buffy again.

“She’s not our kind, Spike,” Dad kept rambling on to his oldest son. “She kills our kind, not marries us, Son,” Marcus reminded his heir, daily. “Your Mother would just turn in her urn if she knew that you wanted a full mortal woman like Buffy Summers. A Slayer, for the love of Hell.”

Spike tried, on numerous occasions to remind his Father that his own Mother, Anne, was half human. Her Mother, Spike and his younger sister, Drusilla’s grandmother, had been a full mortal woman when she was bitten by a vampire. Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately, Gran was pregnant at the time, with their mother Anne. Therefore…..

“I know, Son,” Marcus had sighed a million times, in a three years, “but a fucking Slayer? She’d stake you on your wedding night!”

“It was a Slayer, a hundred years ago that murdered your own Grandmother, boy.” Marcus was adamant about this. His sons, none of his sons would ever mate and claim a mortal woman. No matter how fucking ‘tough’ that woman was.

Since his own Mother had perished, by a Watcher’s hand, some sixty years before, Spike’s father had remated with a worthy woman. A dark haired vampiress by the name of Jennifer, who gave his Father two more natural born children; Angel, or Angelus and young Connor.

“Godfather?” Clem’s deep voice broke Spike’s reverie and brought everyone in the dark room back into the conversation at hand. “Your help is much needed, Godfather,” Clem continued nervously.

“I cannot refuse any request at my only daughter’s commitment ceremony,” Marcus was saying, seriously. (Okay, please forgive me, this is supposed to be somewhat ‘Mafioso’ and all!)

Drusilla, the committed one (!) took that opportunity to enter the room. She wore a blood red dress of lace and satin, her long black hair hung down her back. Without hesitation, the ‘odd’ sometimes disillusional Drusilla stepped up to her eldest brother’s side and smiled benevolently at her Daddy.

“Hear him, Daddy,” she ordered softly, her melodic voice was rather soothing at times. “This lovely demon has much news to tell us and no better time then at my commitment ceremony to my darling Cassius. I tell you Daddy, Angel luv, my precious Spoike, there's much happy news here. Within these dark walls.”

Spike grinned at his beloved sister. Even if old Dru was loonier then a dozen loons, she had true visions and it seemed that the girl was going to unleash some interesting facts, here and now.

“Speak,” Marcus nodded at this Clem fellow. “Tell me what you ask of me on my daughter’s day.”

“Godfather,” Clem began cautiously, “I have been sent by the demons and loyal vampires from Sunnydale, the true Hellmouth to speak to you on a most urgent matter. Even the Slayer, Buffy Summers herself, is at a crossroads in this situation.”

Spike flinched at the precious name of Buffy Summers. He glanced up at his Father, who scowled at him, then his sister, who smiled warmly.

“Go ahead,” Marcus sighed, almost bored by now.

“Godfather,” Clem took the bejeweled ring of the Demon world’s mentor and cheiftan in his right hand. Kissing it first, he bowed his head over the older demon’s hand.

“There is a situation in Sunnydale. Riley Finneous, the newly risen leader of the ‘Wu Tang Gang’ is making waves in Sunnydale. He is boasting, bragging that he will be the next great ‘clan’ leader, even greater then you, sir. He is young, brash and all together much too big for his Doc Marten Boots. This Riley, Godfather, he goes so far as to brag about claiming the Slayer for himself. To the Demon world that is, sir. He’s made remarks, made outright challenges against any demon or mortal for the right to mate with the Slayer.”

That did it, Spike roared his disapproval and leapt in between his Father and Clem. His demon visage formed on his handsome human face and growled in jealous anger.

“Mine!” he hissed at first his Father then Clem, “the Slayer is mine!”

“Calm down, Spike,” Marcus ordered evenly, “let’s hear what else our Clem must tell us.”

“There is talk, Godfather,” Clem continued, rather calmly, not looking at Spike. “There is talk that the Slayer has a child, a son, beautiful beyond reason and who will someday grow more powerful then either vampire or slayer.”

Marcus stood up, abruptly and strode in front of Clem. The Godfather’s amber eyes were on fire.

“Slayers never live long enough to bear children,” he hissed at Clem, as if to challenge him.

“This one, apparently has,” Clem answered nervously. “If the demon gossip is true, the Slayer’s son is over two-years-old, fair-haired and,” here the demon paused and finally glanced at Spike, “has the eyes of a blue-eyed angel.”

Spike felt his throat clench and his unbeating heart skip three beats.

“She has a child?” Spike gasped, his jealousy was apparent to everyone in the room.

Clem could only nod, nervously, worried that someone in the Aurileous Family would ‘kill the messenger’ and all.

Suddenly, a wild scream of glee echoed through the room, from Drusilla, obviously.

“It’s true then!” the somewhat ‘touched’ daughter of Marcus the Godfather squealed in delight. “My Father, Marcus Aurileous, Godfather of the Vampires, King of the Undead ‘is’ a Grandfather! My darling brother Spike…his Slayer gave birth to his son! I’ve had dreams, wonderful dreams, Daddy,” she squealed in delight. “Visions and dreams of the most wonderful nature!”

“What’re you going on about, Drusilla,” Spike asked anxiously, hoping he was not misreading his sister’s rant, or that she wasn’t tripping on psychotic delusions.

“The child,” Drusilla rasped as she clapped her pale hands together, “the child is yours, brother! Your love child with your soulmate, the pretty golden Slayer. Daddy,” Drusilla skipped up to her Father and took his cold hand in hers, “your Grandson, this golden child, he’s half vampire, but he’s half slayer also. This child is a miracle, Daddy and he’s ours! Yours, Spoike’s and the Family’s little unstoppable demon machine!”

Marcus gasped; Spike teared up then grinned, Angel slapped his older brother on the back and Darla nodded at them all.

“A hybrid,” Darla finally broke the silence, “a naturally conceived, half human/half vampire hybrid. Dru’s right,” Angel’s trophy wife continued gleefully, “this son of the dark and light will be unstoppable in both worlds.”

Clem smiled, warmly at the Godfather’s family, “there is just one little, teensy-weensy problem,” the jowly demon interjected, reluctantly.

All of the Aurileous Family glared at the demon, well, somewhat glared that is.

“What?” Spike demanded in his growly voice.

“Riley, the Wu Tang Gang’s leader?” Clem sighed, “he wants Buffy for his own. And her hybrid child.”

Spike roared again, enraged that this upstart vampire should try and move in on his woman, his child or the Family’s territory. With a menacing saunter, Spike strode up to his Father and asked, one more time, “still think I shouldn’t go claim what’s mine in Sunnydale, Dad?” His cobalt blue eyes burned into his Father’s amber ones.

“No, Son,” Marcus smiled, wickedly at his eldest natural born child, “I now demand that you go and claim what’s yours.”



A/N: I’m really behind in all my fics. Trying to catch up!
Thanks for reading, please review. Luv, Spuf