Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for the E's I got to continue this fic.
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA



Chapter 20: ‘Claims’


Spike and Buffy sealed their union with a kiss, for now anyway, and turned to face their adoring guests. Joyce and Dawn squealed in delight as they threw themselves into Buffy’s arms. James reached up to his father, longingly, and the vampire picked up his son to hold him close to his body.

“Did you like the show, son?” Spike asked his boy with an affectionate grin.

“Oh yes, Daddy, very much,” James replied with a firm nod. “But you haven’t given Mummy our special present to her yet. It’s time, isn’t it Daddy?”

“It’s more then time poppet,” Spike chuckled gleefully.

“Buffy, my Princess,” Spike called to his mate, “our son here, and me? We have something special for you. Something we both picked out for you. And for me.”

“Look Mummy!” James squealed with glee. The little man pulled two small boxes from his trousers and held them out to his mother.

Buffy eyed the boxes, warily, but she took them from her son’s small, but lethal hand. She opened the first box, wrapped in gold paper, and found an exquisite ring inside. The gold band was set with a huge ruby, in the shape of a heart.

“It’s not my mother’s ring,” Spike explained sheepishly as he took out the tiny ring and placed it on Buffy’s left ring finger. “But I thought it was…”

“It’s magnificent!” Buffy choked back the tears that had sprung in her green eyes and threw herself into William’s arms. “It’s perfect,” she whispered sincerely, nuzzling his neck with her warm lips.

“You’re perfect,” Spike murmured in response even as he took the other small box, wrapped in silver from her. “This one is mine,” he stated proudly when he opened the box and lifted the larger gold band from the inside. Spike’s ring had a black onyx, shaped also into a heart, set on the band. This heart had a tiny silver stick, much like a stake, slipped through the middle of it.

“You staked your claim on me, Princess, the first time I looked into your emerald eyes,” Spike whispered lovingly.

Buffy took the man’s ring and slipped it on Will’s left, ring finger. She looked up into her mate’s blue eyes and smiled warmly.

“I helped pick them out!” James squeaked impatiently as he tugged on his mother’s dress.

“Well,” Spike mumbled thoughtfully, “I actually had the rings sorted out, before I ever came back here. Planned on giving you yours sweetheart,” he winked at Buffy.

“But I had the last say, right Daddy?” James asked with a wistful look at his father. “Daddy said I had to say it was okay,” the clone of Spike grinned at his mother.

Spike leaned over and swept his son up into his arms, even as he embraced his bride. “That you did son,” he murmured in a shaky voice.

“What?” Buffy giggled, “the big bad is all teared up now?”

“Maybe,” Spike whispered with a pout.



“Guess so,” Spike sniffed, wiping away a traitorous tear from his right cheek. “I’ve got a heart Buffy,” he mumbled defensively, “it just doesn’t beat, yeah?”

“Let’s have a toast!” Joyce cried merrily. “To the bride and groom,” she sang. The older Summers woman clinked her glass on a very overwhelmed Rupert Giles’ glass. When the watcher looked at his slayer’s mother, the woman winked mischiviously.

“Is it almost sunrise yet, Rupert?” Joyce asked the Brit. She smiled, wickedly and reminded her daughter’s mentor that everyone present had been invited to ‘stay’ at Rupert’s home. While the wedding couple were honeymooning that is.

“Nearly there,” Giles muttered with a bright red blush. He grinned despite his embarrassment however.

The guests; Joyce, Giles, Willow, Wesley and Xander, Angel, Connor, Dawn and James joined in celebrating with Spike and Buffy. The four ‘family’ lieutenents, Gunn, Dalton, Silus and Lindsey held guard over their leader, Marcus, and his family.

Finally, about 5:00 AM, Marcus stood up from his head seat at the great table and stated simply, “it is time to leave the couple to their wedding night.” As if God himself had spoken, the four guards, Angel, Connor and Wesley leapt up from their own seats to join their father.

“It’s true,” Giles yawned as he stood up, motioning to Willow, Joyce and Dawn. “The sunrise is close and it is time to leave for my home.”

“I’m gonna’ roll off home to Cordy,” Xander announced as he stretched. “I’m fed, buzzed and happy,” he sighed with contentment. However, when he stood up, the young man stumbled, just a bit.

“I will see him home,” Gunn grunted automatically. “Don’t worry,” he assured a suspicious Buffy, “I wouldn’t bite Harris if my unlife depended on it,” the vampire finished with a smirk.

“Spike, a minute man?” Xander mumbled to the groom.

“Sure thing,” Spike replied, a dubious expression on his face.

When Xander got Spike into a corner, he lowered he voice and issued a warning. “Don’t ever hurt her, understand?” Xander gave Spike a severe glare, even if he slurred his words, slightly. Then suddenly, Xander shook the vampire’s hand, amicably.

“I’d rather walk into the sunlight then hurt my Buffy,” Spike responded, reverently. “I love her.” He tried not to smirk at the rather buzzed human.

“Okay,” Xander sighed happily as he turned, saluted the other guests and gave Buffy a quick kiss on the cheek. “Good luck,” Xander said somberly and then he sauntered out of the Summers’ home as Gunn followed, closely behind.

“I’ll hurry back to Giles’ house,” Gunn laughed loudly as he followed Xander Harris out of the front door.

“I’m going to stay at Giles,” Willow giggled to Buffy. The red-head blushed profusely as she spoke, trying very hard not to even glance at Wesley.

“We’re going to have a girls’ sleepover!” Dawn gushed excitedly. “Like a pajama party, right Willow?”

“Yeah, sure,” Willow mumbled lowly as she tried to ignore Wesley’s heated gaze at her. “An all girls’ sleep over.”

“Everything is ready Buffy,” Dawn whispered, conspiratorily, to her sister. “Upstairs I mean,” the teen added with a girlish giggle.

“Thanks Dawnie, thanks Willow,” Buffy replied with a quick wink at both of the girls.

“Congratulations honey,” Joyce kissed her daughter, then grabbed a pre-packed bag, placed by the front door for Dawn and her.

“Thanks Mom,” Buffy murmured as she placed a kiss on her mother’s cheek.

“Thanks everyone,” Buffy said, smiling at the happy group.

“Yeah, thanks everyone,” Spike added. “Now get the bloody hell out of here so my wife and me can have a proper honeymoon,” he finished good-naturedly.



James began to whine, unhappily, at the thought that he had to leave his mum and dad on such an important occasion. The boy scurried over to his Spike and flung himself into his father’s lap.

“I don’t want to go,” James pouted, reminding Buffy of her husband.

“It’s just for a day and night, son,” Spike replied gently. “You want mum and dad to complete the wedding right? Maybe make a little brother or sis for you tonight and…”

“Will! That’s enough!” Buffy yelped, scandalized by her husband’s brutal honesty.

“Well, it’s a fact, Princess,” Spike began, matter-of-factly. “There’s every chance that we might make another…”

“Let’s go,” Giles muttered, suddenly quite sober, even after the bottle of wine he’d imbibed.

“Okay Daddy,” James sighed, quite bravely. “I’ll go to Uncle Giles’ house, for a while. But can I come home? Soon?”

“Of course you can baby,” Buffy interjected lovingly. She picked up her son and hugged him tightly. Spike wrapped his long arms about his wife and son and held them both to his cool body.

“Go with Grandma and Auntie Dawn now, kay?” Buffy kissed James little forehead and handed him over to his father.

Spike held his boy to his body, possessively. “You’ll be back home with your mum and me before you know it,” he whispered to James. “Be strong for your old dad, eh son?”

“Yes Daddy,” James replied bravely. “I’ll soldier on, like a true Aurilus would.”

“That’s Aurileous,” Spike and Buffy corrected their son, in unison.

Taking Joyce by her arm, Giles led the small group out of the Summers’ home, leaving the bride and groom alone together. “Come on then James,” Giles took the boy from his parents. “You’ll bunk on the pull out sofa in the front room, then.”

James suddenly looked as if he’d been told that Santa Claus was coming tonight and he eagerly allowed Joyce to take him into her arms.

“I love you,” James sang to his parents, even as he grandmother walked out the front door with him.

“Love you,” Spike and Buffy called after their disappearing son.

After everyone had left the house, Buffy stood, motionless in her front room. She did not look at Will, yet that is. For some reason, Buffy felt like a young, virgin bride. Here she had slept with William the Bloody, scourge of the European Continent and the heir to the Clan of Aurileous. They had a son together, for God’s sake and her husband planned to lay claim to her. In the most bloody carnel way. How in the name of the new pope, Benedyne was it; could Buffy feel like a blusing bride?

Spike, on the other hand, had no false modesty or bashful musings. He stalked over to his bride, all manly like, and grabbed her about her tiny waist.

“I believe we have an engagement, Princess? Upstairs, in your prim little room and…”

Without further ado, Spike hoisted Buffy over his left shoulder and sprinted up the staircase. Taking the stairs two at a time, Spike made it to Buffy’s bedroom in seconds.

“Eeep!” Buffy squealed in false shock. Actually, she was loving every minute of this.

When they entered her room, Buffy was thrilled to hear William gasp in delight at the scene before him. On Buffy’s orders, Willow and Dawn had created a fantasy honeymoon room for the couple.

The lights of the room were dimmed, completely; replaced by candles of various sizes all about the room. Some had aromas of vanilla and jasmine, Buffy’s scents and were lit, ready to illuminate the couple’s special night.

A bucket of iced champagne set on Buffy’s night table, next to the bed. Next to that bucket was a bowl of chocolate covered strawberries, Buffy’s favorite food treat. Garlands of red and white carnations, the January flower, were strung above the bed.

“Oh Buffy,” Spike gasped again, feeling a little poncey by his show of emotion, “this is just, just amazing.”

“I know,” Buffy giggled from her position behind her husband. “I told Wills and Dawnie what to do and they did it, perfectly.”

“Can you put me down now?” Buffy whispered her request. “I’d like to get us both naked and get down to the honeymoon now,” she finished with a saucy little chuckle.

“Oh, yeah, sure,” Spike yelped eagerly as he gently sat her white satin shoed feet on the floor. “Let me help you with this exquisite dress, eh?”

“Please,” Buffy giggled with a blush. She dutifully turned to show her back to him, allowing his nimble fingers to unzip her wedding dress.

Buffy pressed back against William, her bare backside leaned against his cool, taut body. “Will, about this claim thingy. Is it just because of James, that you’re trying to protect him? Or is it more? I have to know and…”

“It’s partly because of our son,” Spike answered quickly as he placed soft, sweet kisses on her neck and naked shoulders. “But it’s mainly because of you, sweet. I’ve wanted to claim you as my mate since the first moment I laid eyes on you.”

She shivered in anticipation and allowed him to spin her around to face him. William’s eyes were blue-black with lust and Buffy trembled again at the power in her master vampire’s arms.

“Get naked then, baby,” she ordered huskily. “I want you to claim me and for me to claim you. Now!”

Spike ripped his clothes off and finished removing Buffy’s panties and nylons. They kissed each other, hungrily, the entire time and finally, he gently pushed her onto the bed.

Buffy had asked that blood red satin sheets be put on her bed, replacing the plain flowered ones from before. As if everything else was not enough, the color of the new sheets reminded Spike of the blood he would taste from his wife. Even though it wasn’t needed, the whole thing acted as a strong aphrodisiac for both Buffy and Spike.

“Gonna’ take this slow,” Spike hissed out as he ran his tongue down Buffy’s neck, right over her pulse point there.

“The heck with slow,” Buffy cried in need. “We can do slow later. I want you, need you in me now!” She thrust her hips up to meet his.

“Your wish is my command, baby,” Spike growled as he thrust his hard cock into his wife’s hot, wet cunny. He wasn’t the least bit surprised that Buffy was so wet and ready for him. He was certainly ready for her and had been for years.

“Oh,” Buffy cried out as William pulled out and thrust back into her, passionately. “It’s, it’s…” she gasped, unable to finish the sentence.

“Amazing!” Spike roared out for them both as he pounded his wife into the mattress. When he wasn’t kissing Buffy’s sweet mouth, he was nibbling her jaw, neck and breasts.

“I love you,” they chanted in unison as they ‘danced’ together in the age old way of lovers.

“Now!” Buffy ordered in a high-pitched squeal. “Do it now darling!”

Spike didn’t have to be asked twice to do the thing that he had wanted and needed to do to Buffy for years. He changed into his demon’s visage and bit down into Buffy’s tender neck screaming, “MINE!” as he did.

“YOURS!” Buffy screamed back, digging her fingernails into her husband’s back, drawing blood herself.

With just three draws of her sweet blood, Spike pulled his fangs from Buffy’s sleek neck and reverently licked at the wound, possessively.

“Return the claim,” he ordered, huskily to her as he pulled her mouth to his own neck.

Buffy bared her blunt, human teeth and bit down as hard as possible on William’s corded neck. Her bite was just enough to draw a slight trickle of blood from his pale skin.

“MINE!” she hissed roughly as she sipped her husband’s cool blood into her mouth.

“YOURS, always!” He rasped in pleasure.

Once they had given and returned the claim to each other, Spike and Buffy finally let go, completely. They came together, roaring each other’s name as they did and crying out their love vows to each other once again.

Spike collapsed on top of his mate. He was spent and deliriously happy to be right here, with his eternal mate, finally. Never in his unlife, had Spike felt so complete and happy.

Buffy buried her head into his neck, right where she had claimed him and licked the wound, tenderly. Never in her life, had she felt so complete and happy.