Author's Chapter Notes:
Thank you for reading this an reviewing.
Thank you to the E-s I got to continue. It means so much to me!
LA COSA NOSTRA: LA FAMILIA




Chapter 21: ‘Love; Mate and Check’


Summary: Buffy and Spike continue their honeymoon. There is danger coming. Will our scoobies thwart it?


“Will, when did the ceiling fall down?” Buffy was wrapped up in her husband’s cool, strong arms; in their wedding bed. Which was actually Buffy’s childhood bed at one time, but, that was until…

“Don’t know for sure,” Spike chuckled as he eyed the ‘damage’ done by their coupling. “Somewhere between the second time we fucked and…”

“William, don’t be crude!” Buffy snapped abruptly. “We made love; we did not fuck like a couple of animals!”

“Okay, okay,” Spike laughed heartily, “so we made love. I’ll give you that, Princess. But, we fucked like a pair of wolf mates, too sweetheart. Damn nice too,” he grunted in contentment as he pulled his wife closer to his body.

They lay naked in the bed, cuddled up with each other. It was the day after the night after their wedding ceremony. The newlyweds had done nothing but make love and re-consummate their claim on each other since their ceremony.

Okay, that and they made unnecessary phone calls to Rupert Giles’ home to check on their family and most importantly, their son, James.

“Good thing the ceiling splintered over there,” Spike pointed at the fallen wood on the bedroom floor. “Any closer to the bed and I’d be dust, for sure. What a way to go, eh?” He finished with a heavy sigh, a smile on his face.

“I’d just die if you were dusted, baby,” Buffy pouted, kissing her husband on his wonderful mouth. Just hours before that lovely mouth of William’s had brought Buffy to so many orgasms that she’d lost count.

Of course, her own mouth had not been idle, that was for sure! The last time Buffy had gone down on Will, he screamed in pleasure and actually thanked God above and all the Saints in heaven for the amazing mouth of Buffy!

“Well, baby,” Buffy gave him a saucy smile, “your father did say that we’d shake the rafters down. Remember?”

“When you call me baby? Oh fuck Buffy it just drives my wild!” Spike scrambled on top of his wife and buried his mouth into her sleek, warm neck.

Buffy laughed uncontrollably, swatting at William, tenderly of course. “Baby, baby, baby, baby, baby,” she chanted wildly.

“Ahhggg,” Spike growled into Buffy’s neck and began to nip her tender skin there. “If you want another ‘love’ bite? Then keep it up and…”

“Baby, baby, baby,” Buffy giggled wickedly, not even trying to pretend to fight off her husband’s mouth assault.

Their ‘foreplay’ was interrupted by the shrill ring of the phone by the bed.

“Don’t answer that,” Spike ordered gruffly, not bothering to check caller ID.

Buffy, however, did check the name on the screen and quickly reached for the phone receiver.

“Mom?” Buffy greeted the caller, “is everything all right?”

“Yes,” Joyce Summers sighed, “it’s just that James is a little unnerved by his absence from you and William. Do you think this ‘honeymoon’ thingy might be finished? Soon?” The older woman seemed about at her wit’s end and Buffy scowled briefly.

Clamping her hand over the phone, Buffy looked, pleadingly, at William. “James is having issues,” Buffy pouted, prettily, at him.

‘That lower lip,’ Spike thought evilly, ‘gonna’ get that lip with my mouth and teeth and when I do? I’m never gonna’ let it go!’

Verbally, however, the blond vampire asked nervously, “what’s wrong with our son?”

“He’s unhappy about being away from us, for so long,” Buffy whimpered. This was the first time that she herself had been away from her darling son for any length of time and frankly speaking? It was beginning to weigh heavily on her.

Apparently, it was weighing heavily on Spike too, because he felt himself tear up and begin to long for his new found son.

“Can you bring him over Mom?” Buffy asked her mother meekly, “you can bring Giles, Xander and even Willow with you. In the daylight, right William?” She looked at her husband, pleadingly.

Spike nodded quickly, unafraid of showing his sensitive parental side. The truth was, that he missed his son, dearly, even though he was having a hell of a good time with Buffy, alone. Just the two of them.

“They’ll be here, in the next hour or so,” Buffy whispered to William, her tone was giddy.

After she hung up the phone, Buffy snuggled back into William’s arms. “As soon as they drop James off, they’re all going right back to Giles’ place. We can put Jimmy in Dawn’s room, sweetie,” she sighed. “He’ll be fine there, just as long as he’s with us, in the house.”

“Your father and brothers have gone back to the lair,” she continued matter-of-factly. It’s just Mom, Giles, Dawn and Willow, oh, and Wesley,” Buffy chuckled. “It seems that your father insisted that his right hand ‘man’ stick around and keep an eye on the humans.”

“Too right,” Spike grunted, deliriously happy that he had his wife and soon, his son back with him.


“Mummy! Daddy!” James burst through the front door of the Summers’ home, his blue eyes bright with excitement.

Joyce hung about the front porch, looking longingly into her own front living room. Giles and Xander stood, hands in pockets, sheepishly glancing into the house, afraid to enter, apparently.

“Hey you,” Buffy squealed as she picked up her son and cuddled him close to her. “Daddy and me? We missed you!”

“We surely did,” Spike murmured as he nuzzled his son’s golden head. “Not that we didn’t have some fine moments alone. In fact, Jimmy? There may be a little brother or sister in the near future for you and…”

“William!” Buffy gasped, scandalized.

“Oh, come on now, sweet,” he mumbled. “Like you don’t think that we might have ‘created’ something during the last two days and nights?”

“Whatever,” Buffy muttered, her face bright red with embarrassment.

“Mummy,” James piped up, “can you make us a pizza tonight? Just one for you, daddy and me?” He squirmed about as if he might pop out of his clothes.

“I can, and I will,” Buffy replied warmly, tousling her son’s golden curls.


Spike and Buffy watched their son sleeping, comfortably in his Aunt Dawn’s borrowed bed. They had tucked the boy in, an hour before, but had stayed to read him stories and tell him the daring tales of the Aurileous. The tales they ‘could’ tell him that is, as Buffy noted.


After they reclaimed each other, quietly this time, Spike and Buffy fell asleep in each other’s arms. It was the most restful sleep Buffy had ever had, and Spike would have to agree.

The next morning, little James came bursting into the room, waking his parents up with loud chatter.

“Can we go to the zoo today?” The boy asked excitedly.

“Uhm, no, honey,” Buffy stammered, glancing at William nervously. “Daddy has a problem with the son, remember?”

“Right,” James scowled briefly. “Then can we go to a movie, tonight Daddy?” He used his big blue eyes to plead with his father.

“Sure thing,” Spike chuckled in response. “We’ll see that new movie, the one with the hillbillies in it. What’s the name again, luv? Dukes of Hazing?”

“Dukes of Hazzard,” Buffy groaned. “I hated the TV show and…”

Their early morning convo was rudely interrupted by a heavy, urgent knock at the front door.

“Who could that be?” Buffy asked out loud as she hurried to the front door.

When she answered, she found Rupert Giles standing on the porch, a hang dog look on his handsome face.

“Buffy, dear,” Giles began hoarsely.

“What is it,” Buffy snapped, her senses told her that something was very wrong here.

“It’s Dawn and Connor,” Giles continued timidly. “Gunn says they snuck out, last night, to the Bronze. I guess Dawn wanted to show Connor a human good time and…”

“They didn’t come home? All night?” Buffy choked out weakly. She barely noticed that her husband had joined her in the front hallway.

“No,” Giles shook his head sadly, just before he stepped inside. “I sent Xander, Wesley and Willow out last night. To look for them, but, to no avail,” he finished, his voice trailing off.

“Oh God,” Buffy moaned loudly. “William!” She wailed to her husband who was now right by her side.

“What is it?” He asked innocently.

“Dawn, Connor,” Buffy stammered, “They’re missing. Since last night.”

“Oh bloody fuck!” Spike hissed, ignoring the Watcher’s disgusted look.

“Do you think Riley has them?” Buffy asked fearfully. “What if Riley has them!” She began to cry, softly, not noticing her son’s appearance in the living room.

“What is it Mummy,” James asked quietly. “Why are you crying?”

“It’s nothing,” Buffy whispered, lying through her teeth. “Mummy is just tired and…”

There was another knock at the Summers’ front door and all three of the adults jumped in shock from it.

“I’ll get it,” Giles mumbled lowly.

He answered the door and found no one there, at all. Then, his glance fell upon some items on the porch step.

“Buffy,” he called quietly to his Slayer. “I think you’d better get this,” he added.

Buffy hurried to the door and spied the items that Giles was looking at, on the doorstep. There was a necklace; a ring and what appeared to be a note or something.

She bent down and retrieved the items from the porch, reluctantly scanning them.

“Oh, God,” Buffy began to sob, “it’s the sapphire necklace, the one I gave Dawnie for her last birthday. And a ring, one that I don’t recognize,” she handed the ring to William. It was in the shape of a dragon.

“It’s Conn’s,” Spike rasped. “I gave him this ring, when he was indoctrinated into…” The blond vampire could not finish. He was too upset.

“What does the note say?” Giles asked, fearfully.

Buffy opened the white piece of paper and read it, out loud, to the small group in her living room. Even her own, young son.

‘Dearest Buffy,’ the note began innocently enough. ‘I hope you find these baubles, just trinkets, really, signs of my eternal devotion, good enough for you.

In the infamous words of the great Bobby Fischer: ‘Check’ my dearest Slayer. The next move is yours.

All of my love, kisses and devotion, Riley’